Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan (1215 Views)

$2.1 Billion Dasukigate: Key Questions Jonathan Must Answer Now! / $2.1bn Arms Deal: Key Questions Jonathan Must Answer – SERAP / Who Funded Apc's Presidential Election?:Nigerians Should Learn To Ask Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by bsolo1(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2015
President Jonathan says through the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act, Nigerians know what he spends and can ask questions.

In a facebook post yesterday, the President noted that the FOI Act had the effect of lifting the veil on the government.

President Jonathan also noted that the Act had enabled Nigerians to know how much goverment's ministries, departments and agencies spends.

"When i signed the Freedom of Information Law (FOI), it had the effect of lifting the veil on the government. Nigerians now know how much i spend as well as how much is spent by other ministries, departments and agencies of the Federal Government and can ask questions which foster transparency", he said.

According to him, efforts were ongoing to "persuade some states who have resisted the domestication of this law to bow to reason and accept this law in practice and in theory".

He continued, "It is for these reasons and others that Nigeria, under my watch continues to make steady progress in the anti-corruption war and with your renewed mandate, we will never relent".

The President, who has come under heavy critism for his percieved tolerance for corruption, said global best practices over the past decades has proven that corruption is best tackled when opportunites for graft are eliminated.

Source: www.informationng.com/2015/02/jonathan-nigerians-know-how-much-i-spend-and-can-ask-questions.html

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
When you allow them to ask questions, they will now ask ridiculous questions. Am not saying they shouldn't ask their questions.
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 10:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
According to him, efforts were ongoing to "persuade some states who have resisted the domestication of this law to bow to reason and accept this law in practice and in theory".

Jonathan won spoil tinubu private business? Even if 35 state domesticate this law including some state in Chad and cameroon, i can bet my life Tinubu and his private company Lagos will never allow such.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by saaedlee: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
Another very reckless statement made by the CLUELESS fellow. Go and ask for the breakdown in distribution of the excess crude money for let's say October 2014, it will take them 2 years to prepare the document! Whereas a bank will take less than an hour to give you your 10 years bank statement!
To hell with his bloody explanations!

General Muhammadu for President!

#SaiBuhari

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by hannysur8(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
We are not even interested on how much ure spending....Just Pack and go......Eyi te se tito, They are waiting for u at Otuoke

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2015
Abeg nor mind all those apc people. Dem just dey find how to spoil your name or paint you black. Na dem go shame.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by clevvermind(m): 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2015
hannysur8:
We are not even interested on how much ure spending....Just Pack and go......Eyi te se tito, They are waiting for u at Otuoke
go pack am na. Nonsense. Jonathan till 2019 jor.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by sugarvally(f): 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
saaedlee:
Another very reckless statement made by the CLUELESS fellow. Go and ask for the breakdown in distribution of the excess crude money for let's say October 2014, it will take them 2 years to prepare the document! Whereas a bank will take less than and hour to give you your 10 years bank statement!

#SaiBuhari

arrogant fool

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2015
saaedlee:
Another very reckless statement made by the CLUELESS fellow. Go and ask for the breakdown in distribution of the excess crude money for let's say October 2014, it will take them 2 years to prepare the document! Whereas a bank will take less than and hour to give you your 10 years bank statement!

#SaiBuhari

Another brainless idiat on the lose, Why not domesticate the FOI in your state before making noise about excess crude?

Your progressthieves brain can't allow you think that the man that allow freedom of information reasons you can criticize his government is less corrupt than the one who neither allow you access as to how much he receives nor spend.

How about buhari not giving a damn about the certificate allegation, will such a man ever give account of stewardship if elected?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 10:32pm On Feb 04, 2015
Berem why no comment, you've been viewing this thread almost 10 mins now and finally you disapeared withing a comment.

It's Just So Unlike You
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:37pm On Feb 04, 2015
Which Nigerians know This man is really completely out of touch with reality. Whenever he talks, one sees cluelesness shining through like a sunrise over the Atlantic.

He thinks he's talking to kindergarten wards??
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2015
gej says there is no EXCESS CRUDE ACCOUNT and now says you should consult the FOI stuff. Sounds like a man who has covered/cleared/hidden all his corruption documents and links
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
brownlord:
Berem why no comment, you've been viewing this thread almost 10 mins now and finally you disapeared withing a comment.

It's Just So Unlike You
Comment on my behalf na! Shebi you are now my PRO.

See me see wahala!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by holatin(m): 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
even without signing the law,Nigeria don dey unveil every yamayama.
let me unveil something

“the
announcement by the then EFCC spokesman, Mr Osita
Nwajah on September 11, 2006 that the sum of
USD13.5 million was seized from another associate of
Mrs. Jonathan which the anti-graft body said
belonged to the now first lady.

“what happened to the case of N104m seized from
Nancy Ebere Nwosu who allegedly swore to an
affidavit to the EFCC that she was laundering money
for Dame Patience Jonathan.”

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
omenka:
Which Nigerians know This man is really completely out of touch with reality. Whenever he talks, one sees cluelesness shining through like a sunrise over the Atlantic.

He thinks he's talking to kindergarten wards??

Omenka not making sense again

Please tell me why tinubu has refused to allow public access into lagos state treasury?
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by CaptainAmerica1: 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
One question.

Why didn't he declare his assets?

What does this man take us for abeg?
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by otokx(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2015
We have been asking questions yet answers are not forthcoming.
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by saaedlee: 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2015
brownlord:

Another brainless idiat on the lose, Why not domesticate the FOI in your state before making noise about excess crude?

I don't respond to insults, must I domesticate the FOI before I can ask for information concerning the excess crude account?

brownlord:

Your progressthieves brain can't allow you think that the man that allow freedom of information reasons you can criticize his government is less corrupt than the one who neither allow you access as to how much he receives nor spend.
"Allowing" The FOI is something, implementing it is a totally different thing!
Mind you Nigeria was due to have an FOI so if he didn't do it, Someone else would have
brownlord:

How about buhari not giving a damn about the certificate allegation, will such a man ever give account of stewardship if elected?
GMB gave a press conference to that effect, if you have any other questions to it, why not ask him via his verified twitter handle? If you are still nt satisfied, my friend go to the courts!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by BlackBaron: 10:43pm On Feb 04, 2015
FOI... But we don't even know what you declared as assets. lipsrsealed

Counterproductive much?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by bsolo1(m): 10:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
He says we knw how much he spends.

He claims he run's a transparent government.

Ok, declare your assets, he refuses...who is fooling who

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by omenka(m): 10:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
brownlord:

Omenka not making sense again

Please tell me why tinubu has refused to allow public access into lagos state treasury?
Just for the records, in case you've not noticed, I don't reply mentions from you guys anymore. Stop wasting your time.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 10:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
saaedlee:

I don't respond to insults, must I domesticate the FOI before I can ask for information concerning the excess crude account?

"Allowing" The FOI is something, implementing it is a totally different thing!
Mind you Nigeria was due to have an FOI so if he didn't do it, Someone else would have

GMB gave a press conference to that effect, if you have any other questions to it, why not ask him via his verified twitter handle? If you are still nt satisfied, my friend go to the courts!

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands"

You can't have a log in your eye and be talking about the speck in your friends eye, if you won't allow people access your government then you have no moral right to criticize someone else especially when the person allowed you access to information you used in criticizing him.

The bold part, i can't go ask him on twitter because i know he don't operate the twitter, it's easy for Buhari to instruct waec to publish the result than the endless drama, what is still private in a result we already know the grade?

What then is preventing him from asking weac to publish for public consumption?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
omenka:
Just for the records, in case you've not noticed, I don't reply mentions from you guys anymore. Stop wasting your time.

Thanks.

huh, can understand how difficult it is to defend buhari at this time. Trust me you can abandon this job bro

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by lacasa: 11:00pm On Feb 04, 2015
Questions ke sad

When you're leaving that sit on the 29th of May.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by saaedlee: 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2015
brownlord:

"He who comes into equity must come with clean hands" -

You can't have a log in your eye and be talking about the speck in your friends eye, if you won't allow people access your government then you have no moral right to criticize someone else especially when the person allowed you access to information you used in criticizing him.

The bold part, i can't go ask him on twitter because i know he don't operate the twitter, it's easy for Buhari to instruct waec to publish the result than the endless drama, what is still private in a result we already know the grade?

What then is preventing him from asking weac to publish for public consumption?

Guess you have submitted your credentials for a job before? Then isn't it the job of your employer to go to the institution and verify those credentials before giving you the job?

That aside, If INEC published what you believe is wrong, why not file a complaint in the courts with INEC as a respondent?
General Buhari didn't make his result private or hidden, he gave a once and for all press conference to address all issues concerning his credentials. Further accusations can prompt for another press conference tho!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by bsolo1(m): 11:09pm On Feb 04, 2015
saaedlee:

Guess you have submitted your credentials for a job before? Then isn't it the job of your employer to go to the institution and verify those credentials before giving you the job?

That aside, If INEC published what you believe is wrong, why not file a complaint in the courts with INEC as a respondent?
General Buhari didn't make his result private or hidden, he gave a once and for all press conference to address all issues concerning his credentials. Further accusations can prompt for another press conference tho!

Exactly!
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by focus7: 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Does FOI also unveil how he and cronies embezzled.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by brownlord: 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2015
saaedlee:

Inec said they have no power to disqualify any candidate believing political parties must have duly verified credentials of their candidate before submitting to INEC, this is the reason this issue was never noticed in three previous election.

Inec never confirmed that they verified the credentials submitted to them, infact none was submitted in the case of buhari and he Pa' Buhari felt too big to approach the various institution where he can get those cert. before submitting his form to inec.

Waec need buhari to give approval for them to release/publish the certificate what stop buhari from writing to them or in one of those interview authorize them to publish the said cert.? We already know the grades so what is still confidential in this that can't be published?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by alaoeri: 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
Oya tell us how you are spending 1B naira on meal? abi na gucci rice & louboutin beans you dey chop? Jona your end is near.
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by saaedlee: 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2015
brownlord:

Inec said they have no power to disqualify any candidate believing political parties must have duly verified credentials of their candidate before submitting to INEC, this is the reason this issue was never noticed in three previous election.

Inec never confirmed that they verified the credentials submitted to them, infact none was submitted in the case of buhari and he Pa' Buhari felt too big to approach the various institution where he can get those cert. before submitting his form to inec.

Waec need buhari to give approval for them to release/publish the certificate what stop buhari from writing to them or in one of those interview authorize them to publish the said cert.? We already know the grades so what is still confidential in this that can't be published?

Bolded: INEC therefore is the proper Org to answer those questions. WAEC does not have authority to publish ones result, INEC on the other hand can go and verify the result.

What I believe all persons so interested in this result/certificate saga, should file a complaint citing the following as respondents;
1. GMB
2. INEC
3. WAEC
4. Fed. Ministry of Education,

I have a report to write; else, I would have taken ampule time to explain to you why the above should be joined as 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respondents respectively!
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by bsolo1(m): 12:04am On Feb 05, 2015
After losing d elections, we will definitely ask him questions in court, from were he will be transfered to kirikiri straight! >>>
Re: Nigerians Know How Much I Spend And Can Ask Questions - Jonathan by Nobody: 12:18am On Feb 05, 2015
brownlord:

trust me that tin about releasin info about financial revenue n expenditure has been a honest prob in naija since 10bc so dats nt an issue 2 raise on anyone pls,so we can do ourselves a favoure by droppin dat

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Why APC And Tinubu May Lose Lagos State (part 1) By Ola’ Idowu / Why Does GMB Always Refer To Boko Haram The So Called Boko Haram / Awolowo, Soyinka, TB Joshua Listed As Yoruba Icons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.