Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,924 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Protest Against Election Postponement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Against Election Postponement (887 Views)

Kids Carrying Placards To Protest In Edo Against Election Outcome ( Pictures) / Election Postponement And The Position Of The Law / Nigerians In Abuja Protest Against Election Postponement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest Against Election Postponement by swtdrms(m): 5:21am On Feb 05, 2015
. FUNDAMENTAL INFORMATION
I just got a call from IG WALA and he told me that the rumours about the postponement of election is real and there might be a pronouncement by the President as early tomorrow to that effect.
There is Council of State meeting tomorrow (Thursday) and even though GMB will be present, he (and Obasanjo) alone cannot change anything as most members of the Council of State are in full support of the postponement. If we allow them have their way tomorrow, you can be rest assured that the election will be postponed and there is nothing we or INEC can do (please read the constitution about the Power of the President).
ACTION TO BE TAKEN
There is need for us to urgently mobilise ourselves for a massive protest in Abuja tomorrow morning by 7:30am @ unity park. We need to tell the whole world that ELECTION MUST HOLD IN 14TH FEBRUARY 2015.
We are already working on getting Aljazeera and BBC to come and cover the protest tomorrow morning for the international community to know what we are doing.
If you are in Abuja, please call IG WALA on 08036426789.
PLEASE TREAT AS URGENT, CALL YOUR FRIENDS AND RE-BROADCAST TO ALL
Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by thaoriginator: 5:51am On Feb 05, 2015
Election must hold! Thunder fire devil! Fiyah burn bad mind di wickedst bombaclaatiii

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:27am On Feb 05, 2015
If the state of security in the country could be the reason why the election should not hold, then Jonathan should admit that he is a failure: He had five years to put the activities of Boko Haram on check but did nothing. He should learn from Laurent Gbagbo of Ivory Coast.
Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by Olanireti(m): 6:28am On Feb 05, 2015
This election must not very postponed for anything. Give devil no room anymore. GEJ has don't enough havoc. He should just go. A power hungry man. We want change. The Nigerians reject you, just go home
Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 6:46am On Feb 05, 2015
GEJ dare not postpone this election

<God please don't answer the prayers of my babes, I'm too broke this time, please let election hold>
Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by doctokwus: 7:33am On Feb 05, 2015
Some of us wud have loved to be there, but for not staying in abuja .
So d only thing we can do is to give u moral support.We can't afford to allow Jonathan to continue assaulting our senses beyond Feb14 when he effectively becomes a toothless president.
Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:33am On Feb 05, 2015
I foresee eruption of violence if the election is postponed.

GEJ should go home in peace. The humiliation would be unbearable if he continue like this.

1 Like

Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2015
The President is still criss crossing the Nation campaigning

APC just deceiving their own follow because before they know it the election will hold and votes counted!
Re: Protest Against Election Postponement by 0nyegame(m): 8:04am On Feb 05, 2015
I want to know the reason behind this postponement of election

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: CAN, PFN Quiet Over N6bn Bribery Scandal / Buhari To Be Disqualified On The 19th Of March / Masters Energy To Hire 3000 Staff On Petrochemicals Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.