Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,536 members, 7,837,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

////////////////////////////////// - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ////////////////////////////////// (3567 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 1:31pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by bellong: 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
What is this rant about?

Why marry someone you think doesn't deserve to go extra mile for?

Why the paranoia about the unknown?

With this mindset and thinking, you are setting up your marriage for failure and doom. You need to change and purge your mind of negative thoughts.

I also ask you same question "Do women deserve or worth it?"
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Vyolet(f): 1:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
Think of it this way:
If the reverse was the case,would you change suddenly against your husband?

Your hubby doesn't have much today and he depends on you,since you have enough to spare,there is no point complaining.

Do have a positive mind that if he makes it eventually,he will reciprocate your gesture and assume his duty as the man of the house. You just keep being humble.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:
We got married barely 2 years and things arent that rosy financially.....i have already released all i have worked for to him and am aspiring to go the extra mile by working for more money to keep the family in good shape. all these i am doing to make sure he lacks nothing and still holds his pride among his mate. but i often get set back and ask if am doing the right thing? do men really worth it? my mom often tells me men are not worthy of being pitied but i often tell her that hers was like dat for a reason dat my marriage wont end up like hers.....but after words, i get to fink and cry if one day this man wont turn his back on me......mature minds in d house ples help me
Why are you giving him all your hard-earned money? Does he not have a job at all? Are you the sole provider in that house? He shouldn't be out boasting to his friends about money he did not work for.

3 Likes

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by AndreRose(f): 1:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Is it dat he doesn't work?
Why pushing ur sef so hard to mk him hold his pride in front of his mates why he aint helping at all?
If he cares abt his family he would damn wat his frnds are saying and strive for his family.
You should talk tins out wit him, cos if it continues dis way it might get worse.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=Yields post=30450750]Why are you giving him all your hard-earned money? Does he not have a job at all? Are you the sole provider in that house? He shouldn't be out boasting to his friends about money he did not work for.[/quote

i am not married ooo biko..........put dis up on behalf of a lamenting friend.....the guy works just that the money is never enuf. so i didnt know d right ans to give her ni.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by tunde82seidat(f): 1:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
has he alwas been in ds situation or was it after u got married?nothing much can be done now that you are married.i hope he is not the lazy type that sits around expctg you put food on the table.at least he should be able to assist you financially to suport family.what many duno is that no matter ow good d wife is once d pressure too much on her,she ll get fed up
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by floma07(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
Do not worry about your mum's belief, since you didn't share that with her from the unset... Twins are born the same day but, not of the same fate. Difficulties and challenges will certainly set-in but, do not waver or succumb to trials.... Please Communicate with your friend (not talking ooo, i mean Communication)..... sorry i used friend not husband

1 Like

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by mutter(f): 1:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Op this also is one of the most common reasons marriage crack up.

It is his duty to fend for the family you are just helping him. Do not go overdoing your help-
That way you are enabling him to be lazy because he always has a plan B - you!
Also it is not about how he looks with his mates but that the family has what it needs.
His friends should respect his character and not his money.

Look at you, you are overworking yourself and near break down.

It is good to help your husband , kids and family.
But it is so frustrating when you have nothing left for you. Working hard and not spoiling yourself but only fending for someone else.

Despite that, it is good to be joined as one. To be there for the other.
I hope and pray that your husband appreciates all this and will remember it in future.

But before you can really and truly love him you have to learn how to love yourself.

8 Likes

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
bellong:

What is this rant about?

With this mindset and thinking, you are setting up your marriage for failure and doom. You need to change and purge your mind of negative thoughts.

people just come online to rant rubbish......

Imagine....did they force her to marry him .....she should have thought of all this before marriage
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by bennyrazz: 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
your mother is not even helping matters. To me, she's indirectly wishing you same thing as her own marriage. Well you need serious prayers. You have to keep on praying.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Varagous(f): 2:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
unconditional love means loving without expecting anything in return..... she is married already, who else should she be helping
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:08pm On Feb 05, 2015
bennyrazz:
your mother is not even helping matters. To me, she's indirectly wishing you same thing as her own marriage. Well you need serious prayers. You have to keep on praying.

ONE OF THE BEST COMMENT....SO I TOLD HER
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
people just come online to rant rubbish......

Imagine....did they force her to marry him .....she should have thought of all this before marriage

WHY DIDNT U JUST KEEP MUTE? U TALK LIKE A BROKE ASS TOO........BETTER ADVICE DAN TO JUDGE
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by bukatyne(f): 2:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:
We got married barely 5 years and things arent that rosy financially.....i have already released all i have worked for to him and am aspiring to go the extra mile by working for more money to keep the family in good shape. all these i am doing to make sure he lacks nothing and still holds his pride among his mate. but i often get set back and ask if am doing the right thing? do men really worth it? my mom often tells me men are not worthy of being pitied but i often tell her that hers was like dat for a reason dat my marriage wont end up like hers.....but after words, i get to fink and cry if one day this man wont turn his back on me......mature minds in d house ples help me

Has your hubby given you any reason to doubt him before?

Not all men disappoint the wives of their youth and you do not have to work so hard for him to maintain a certain lifestyle. There is a difference between working hard to cater for a lifestyle and working hard to ensure your family survives

2 Likes

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
bellong:

What is this rant about?

OGA, OGA OOOOO.....HE NEVER REACH TO THROW UP NOW......SEEMS U RE A BETTER PICS OF WAT IS PORTRAYED
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:12pm On Feb 05, 2015
mutter:
Op this also is one of the most common reasons marriage crack up.

It is his duty to fend for the family you are just helping him. Do not go overdoing your help-
That way you are enabling him to be lazy because he always has a plan B - you!
Also it is not about how he looks with his mates but that the family has what it needs.
His friends should respect his character and not his money.

Look at you, you are overworking yourself and near break down.

It is good to help your husband , kids and family.
But it is so frustrating when you have nothing left for you. Working hard and not spoiling yourself but only fending for someone else.

Despite that, it is good to be joined as one. To be there for the other.
I hope and pray that your husband appreciates all this and will remember it in future.

But before you can really and truly love him you have to learn how to love yourself.

TNKS JOOR... U KILLED IT WILL REMEMBER TO TELL HER THIS
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2015
Yields:
Why are you giving him all your hard-earned money? Does he not have a job at all? Are you the sole provider in that house? He shouldn't be out boasting to his friends about money he did not work for.

HE GAT A JOB, BUT THE EARNINGS NOT ENUF
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
tunde82seidat:
has he alwas been in ds situation or was it after u got married?nothing much can be done now that you are married.i hope he is not the lazy type that sits around expctg you put food on the table.at least he should be able to assist you financially to suport family.what many duno is that no matter ow good d wife is once d pressure too much on her,she ll get fed up

IT SOMEHOW STARTED AFTER MARRIAGE
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
a man marrying a man
GAY ALERT! !!!

1 Like

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
op, are u sure u r not the man in question? undecided undecided undecided
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by mutter(f): 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:

ONE OF THE BEST COMMENT....SO I TOLD HER
Your mum is only scared of you giving the best years of your life for a man that does no appreciate it at the end.

She sees what you do not see. She knows what it means being a woman. Only too many women have worked hard night and day to fend for children and themselves after the man abandoned them. Worked themselves to exhaustion. Cried tears of blood. When you are lucky the children grow up responsible and wipe your tears but your bones are old and tired and your body and spirit broken from years of hard work and fear of the future.

If this man really loves you he should not take all your money but encourage you to put some away for a rainy day.

3 Likes

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
aflyingbird:
op, are u sure u r not the man in question? undecided undecided undecided

ME KWA? ODI KA RISKY.....NOOOOOOOO JUST POSTED ON BEHALF OF A FRIEND
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
a man marrying a man
GAY ALERT! !!!

TEN YEARS IMPRISONMENT.........................POSTED ON BEHALF OF A FRND
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by bellong: 2:24pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:

OGA, OGA OOOOO.....HE NEVER REACH TO THROW UP NOW......SEEMS U RE A BETTER PICS OF WAT IS PORTRAYED

I usually don't dignify unintelligent people with a response but I have to put you in your place.

You started out as a female and now a male. I think you need to get a life since your intention was to start a gender war.

Does what you wrote up there make any sense? If you couldn't comprehend what I wrote, you should have asked question than engaging your hands before the brain.

Between, it is unethical to type in capslock. Nobody is fighting with you

3 Likes

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Kedam(m): 2:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:
We got married barely 5 years and things arent that rosy financially.....i have already released all i have worked for to him and am aspiring to go the extra mile by working for more money to keep the family in good shape. all these i am doing to make sure he lacks nothing and still holds his pride among his mate. but i often get set back and ask if am doing the right thing? do men really worth it? my mom often tells me men are not worthy of being pitied but i often tell her that hers was like dat for a reason dat my marriage wont end up like hers.....but after words, i get to fink and cry if one day this man wont turn his back on me......mature minds in d house ples help me
The fact that you married him with his condition means he is worth it. If he has 90 percent quality that portrays him as a good husband, why not? All u got to do is to try and help him out to stand on his own so as to reduce the loads on you which I think will be the best solution.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 2:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:

WHY DIDNT U JUST KEEP MUTE? U TALK LIKE A BROKE ASS TOO........BETTER ADVICE DAN TO JUDGE
u are dumb what kinda married woman start doubting her marriage after 2yrs cos of just the little downs her husband is facing.... What's the essence of vows
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
[quote author=bellong post=30451792]

I usually don't dignify unintelligent people with a response but I have to put you in your place.

You started out as a female and now a male. I think you need to get a life since your intention was to start a gender war.

Does what you wrote up there make any sense? If you couldn't comprehend what I wrote, you should have asked question than engaging your hands before the brain.

Between, it is unethical to type in capslock. Nobody is fighting with you[/quote

shocked THIS ONE HE YAF VEX..... wink
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
a man marrying a man
GAY ALERT! !!!
. Leave the mumu....i don't understand why nairalanders like forming fake stories....attention seekers
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
u are dumb what kinda married woman start doubting her marriage after 2yrs cos of just the little downs her husband is facing.... What's the essence of vows

CHECKING UR FROGGY UGLY LOOKING FACE MAKE ME WANNA PUCK........YUCK SUCH A WASTE
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
. Leave the mumu....i don't understand why nairalanders like forming fake stories....attention seekers

AND WAT ARE U? ODE cheesy
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:

CHECKING UR FROGGY UGLY LOOKING FACE MAKE ME WANNA PUCK........YUCK SUCH A WASTE
I would rather be ugly than to live a pathetic fake life.... Desperation for attention has turned u into a top grade loser.....i see ur profile is new .. Am sure u are a disappointment to ur whole household...

Be a male if u wanna be male or a female if u like but if u prefer transgendered then ur OYO

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / “65 In A Bikini” 65-year-old Mum Walks The Runway With Her 29-year-old Daughter / Baby Mama Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.