Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,591 members, 7,865,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

////////////////////////////////// - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ////////////////////////////////// (3593 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Men And Women In Diaspora Come To Naija To Marry / Is Marriage Worth It For Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by bennyrazz: 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:

ONE OF THE BEST COMMENT....SO I TOLD HER
you and your mother are two different people. Your mother made her choice, you have to make yours. Although we cannot neglect what we call an evil family pattern , it may be a curse, jinx e.tc and you have to break that. Ask from your mother if the same thing happened to your grandmother. If yes, you need serious prayers, if no, you still need serious prayers. You need to continually pray for your husband everyday. Learn from some of the mistakes your mother made, some things she did to your father and do not do them to your husband eg Telling the whole world you are the one catering for his needs, telling him to his face that he's not man enough, giving him food and insulting him e.tc we don't have the powers to change the past but we have the grace to determine what the future would look like to some extent

1 Like

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2015
bennyrazz:
you and your mother are two different people. Your mother made her choice, you have to make yours. Although we cannot neglect what we call an evil family pattern , it may be a curse, jinx e.tc and you have to break that. Ask from your mother if the same thing happened to your grandmother. If yes, you need serious prayers, if no, you still need serious prayers. You need to continually pray for your husband everyday. Learn from some of the mistakes your mother made, some things she did to your father and do not do them to your husband eg Telling the whole world you are the one catering for his needs, telling him to his face that he's not man enough, giving him food and insulting him e.tc we don't have the powers to change the past but we have the grace to determine what the future would look like to some extent

YOU ARE IINDEED THE CHOSEN ONE
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 3:18pm On Feb 05, 2015
kallmemrB:
I would rather be ugly than to live a pathetic fake life.... Desperation for attention has turned u into a top grade loser.....i see ur profile is new .. Am sure u are a disappointment to ur whole household...

Be a male if u wanna be male or a female if u like but if u prefer transgendered then ur OYO

ATTENSION SEEKER I AM, U RE OVER FOOLISH TO HAVE COMMENTED.......SURE UR LIFE IS MORE PATHETIC TO STAY DRAGGING WORDS OR MAYBE U RE ENTERNALLY JOBLESS COS FOR A BOY LET ALONE A MAN TO HAVE DIS TIME, HE MUST BE LIVING SUCH A PITIABLE LIFE....GET A LIFE LAD...... wink
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 3:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
floma07:
Do not worry about your mum's belief, since you didn't share that with her from the unset... Twins are born the same day but, not of the same fate. Difficulties and challenges will certainly set-in but, do not waver or succumb to trials.... Please Communicate with your friend (not talking ooo, i mean Communication)..... sorry i used friend not husband

THE MOST REASONABLE GUY SO FAR
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
edozie04:
a man marrying a man
GAY ALERT! !!!

TEN YEARS IMPRISONMENT.........................POSTED ON BEHALF OF A FRND
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by coogar: 3:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
bennyrazz:
your mother is not even helping matters. To me, she's indirectly wishing you same thing as her own marriage. Well you need serious prayers. You have to keep on praying.

this is why a man must not mix issues with these products of broken homes. it rarely ends well.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
bellong:

I usually don't dignify unintelligent people with a response but I have to put you in your place.

You started out as a female and now a male. I think you need to get a life since your intention was to start a gender war.

Does what you wrote up there make any sense? If you couldn't comprehend what I wrote, you should have asked question than engaging your hands before the brain.

Between, it is unethical to type in capslock. Nobody is fighting with you

You noticed too! The OP started off as a female(f) but changed but to a male(m) after getting a few responses, and all of a sudden this isn't about her but his married female friend, smh.

1 Like

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
coogar:

this is why a man must not mix issues with these products of broken homes. it rarely ends well.
\

BROKEN HOME OR NOT...WAT EVER WILL BE WILL BE....JUST PRAY FOR A LIFE LONG PARTNER....THERE ARE CASES OF BROKEN MAARRIAGES AMONG CHILDREN WHO LIVED ALL DER LIVES UNDER BOTH PARENTS.....INFACT IT IS THOSE FROM BROKEN HOMES WHO STRUGGLE MORE NEVER TO ALLOW HISTORY REPEAT IT SEF
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by coogar: 4:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:
\
BROKEN HOME OR NOT...WAT EVER WILL BE WILL BE....JUST PRAY FOR A LIFE LONG PARTNER....THERE ARE CASES OF BROKEN MAARRIAGES AMONG CHILDREN WHO LIVED ALL DER LIVES UNDER BOTH PARENTS.....INFACT IT IS THOSE FROM BROKEN HOMES WHO STRUGGLE MORE NEVER TO ALLOW HISTORY REPEAT IT SEF

i disagree.....
female products of broken homes especially with an embittered mother mostly see men as their enemies. history not repeating itself is a farce with these ones. they actually think staying alone is a better bet than being ruined like their mothers were ruined.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:

ATTENSION SEEKER I AM, U RE OVER FOOLISH TO HAVE COMMENTED.......SURE UR LIFE IS MORE PATHETIC TO STAY DRAGGING WORDS OR MAYBE U RE ENTERNALLY JOBLESS COS FOR A BOY LET ALONE A MAN TO HAVE DIS TIME, HE MUST BE LIVING SUCH A PITIABLE LIFE....GET A LIFE LAD...... wink
hahaha ...lad? Damn it u are really something.....i weep for u
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by bennyrazz: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
coogar:

for some it doesn't for the wise ones it ends well
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by ArewaSweetheart(f): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:
We got married barely 5 years and things arent that rosy financially.....i have already released all i have worked for to him and am aspiring to go the extra mile by working for more money to keep the family in good shape. all these i am doing to make sure he lacks nothing and still holds his pride among his mate. but i often get set back and ask if am doing the right thing? do men really worth it? my mom often tells me men are not worthy of being pitied but i often tell her that hers was like dat for a reason dat my marriage wont end up like hers.....but after words, i get to fink and cry if one day this man wont turn his back on me......mature minds in d house ples help me

It shouldnt be about 'all' men in general but 'your' man whom you are married to. Do you think your spouse deserves all the effort you are putting into the marriage? undecided
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
mutter:

Your mum is only scared of you giving the best years of your life for a man that does no appreciate it at the end.

She sees what you do not see. She knows what it means being a woman. Only too many women have worked hard night and day to fend for children and themselves after the man abandoned them. Worked themselves to exhaustion. Cried tears of blood. When you are lucky the children grow up responsible and wipe your tears but your bones are old and tired and your body and spirit broken from years of hard work and fear of the future.

If this man really loves you he should not take all your money but encourage you to put some away for a rainy day.

Wow mutter, I'm liking this new you oo, thanks for this.

It's nice to see you see a woman's POV

2 Likes

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by cococandy(f): 8:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
Encourage him to work hard too.
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Sagamite(m): 8:16pm On Feb 05, 2015
FOR1234:
i am not married ooo biko..........put dis up on behalf of a lamenting friend.....the guy works just that the money is never enuf. so i didnt know d right ans to give her ni.

Why is she with him?
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Nobody: 11:12am On Feb 06, 2015
All men are not the same,i will continue saying it....there are still some that are worth it 101%&for someone like u,this guy is ur husband,,you shouldn't have married him since you&ur mum thinks he is not worth it...
Ts your marriage not your mum's
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by FOR1234(f): 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2015
kallmemrB:
hahaha ...lad? Damn it u are really something.....i weep for u

keep weeping it will surely match your froggy ugly face........... grin
Re: ////////////////////////////////// by tpiah99: 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2015
some nairaland "men" do not necessarily represent real men.

In case that's your reason for opening the thread @ op.

1 Like

Re: ////////////////////////////////// by Yellowtree: 12:37pm On Feb 28, 2022
AndreRose:
Is it dat he doesn't work?
Why pushing ur sef so hard to mk him hold his pride in front of his mates why he aint helping at all?
If he cares abt his family he would damn wat his frnds are saying and strive for his family.
You should talk tins out wit him, cos if it continues dis way it might get worse.

After all it's only the man that must provide

(1) (2) (Reply)

good and fine / You Want A Happy Marriage Then Read: / A Woman Who Cannot Submit To A Man Should Not Bother Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.