Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? (1894 Views)

President Buhari Meets With King Abdullah II Of Jordan(photos) / NAF Alpha Jets Conducted Four Airstrikes Against Boko Haram in 24hrs / Chadian And Nigerian Airforce Carry Out Airstrikes Against Boko Haram (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Feb 05, 2015
The king of Jordan, Abdullah II ibn al-Hussein is a trained pilot and there are now reports that he's planning to personally take part and lead revenge airstrikes on ISIS after the brutal killing of one of their pilots, 27 year old military pilot, Moaz al-Kassasbeh.

According to Mail Online, an Arabic-language newspaper said King Abdullah is considering taking part in the bombings today after he reportedly quoted a Clint Eastwood character;

'Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only going to kill him, I'm going to kill his wife and all his friends and burn his damn house down.,' Eastwood's William Munny says in 'Unforgiven.'

The king is said to be angry and wants a personal shot at ISIS. California Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter told the Washington Examiner;

"He said there is going to be retribution like ISIS hasn't seen. He's angry. They're starting more sorties tomorrow than they've ever had. They're starting tomorrow. And he said, "The only problem we're going to have is running out of fuel and bullets".'He's ready to get it on. He really is. It reminded me of how we were after 9/11. We were ready to give it to them" Hunter said

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by drimpeccable(m): 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Impressive.
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by hazyfm1: 2:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
[size=48pt]WHAT A KING[/size]

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Skako(m): 2:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
Can our president act like this?

Former soldier for president
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by nduchucks: 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by luvmijeje(f): 2:47pm On Feb 05, 2015
Why am I a Nigerian? This is what leadership is all about unlike a particular leader that's afraid to die.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by osdayoola(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Skako:

this is bravery and determination,had it been #GEJ he would be thinking on how to compensate the victim..
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by osdayoola(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
Skako:

this is bravery and determination,had it been #GEJ he would be thinking on how to compensate the victim and wait for foreign aid.
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
osdayoola:

this is bravery and determination,had it been #GEJ he would be thinking on how to compensate the victim..
I don't know why u people hate this man..... is Jonathan a trained pilot and how many ex military man has lead a war.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Acidosis(m): 2:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Skako:

No he can't, your president isn't a trained pilot. Think before you press the ENTER key.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by stevecantrell: 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
Very gutsy king.
However, they shouldn't allow him to go.
He could get shot down or worse still...captured by ISIS.
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by timawoku(m): 2:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Meanwhile, somewhere in Nigeria, immediately after 200 girls had been kidnapped and more than 100 people died of bombings...

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by timawoku(m): 3:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
wilsondave:
I don't know why u people hate this man..... is Jonathan a trained pilot and how many ex military man has lead a war.

it is not about being a trained pilot...

It is about creating a statement, 'don't mess with us'...

GEJ and your likes can't get that, I know.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Mistaarhlohki(m): 3:09pm On Feb 05, 2015
asuoka:
The king of Jordan, Abdullah II ibn al-Hussein is a trained pilot and there are now reports that he's planning to personally take part and lead revenge airstrikes on ISIS after the brutal killing of one of their pilots, 27 year old military pilot, Moaz al-Kassasbeh.

According to Mail Online, an Arabic-language newspaper said King Abdullah is considering taking part in the bombings today after he reportedly quoted a Clint Eastwood character;

'Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only going to kill him, I'm going to kill his wife and all his friends and burn his damn house down.,' Eastwood's William Munny says in 'Unforgiven.'

The king is said to be angry and wants a personal shot at ISIS. California Republican Rep. Duncan Hunter told the Washington Examiner;

"He said there is going to be retribution like ISIS hasn't seen. He's angry. They're starting more sorties tomorrow than they've ever had. They're starting tomorrow. And he said, "The only problem we're going to have is running out of fuel and bullets".'He's ready to get it on. He really is. It reminded me of how we were after 9/11. We were ready to give it to them" Hunter said

Meanwhile GEJ is somewhere setting up a committee and thinking like a phocking zombie...This is why in wartimes we need a leader not some pathetic ruler who can't even control is blunder shelling spouse....how much more rule a nation of over 180million black princes and princesses.... That negro has got to go....not time for shere kambia

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Acidosis(m): 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mistaarhlohki:

Meanwhile GEJ is somewhere setting up a committee and thinking like a phocking zombie...This is why in wartimes we need a leader not some pathetic ruler who can't even control is blunder shelling spouse....how much more rule a nation of over 180million black princes and princesses.... That negro has got to go....not time for shere kambia
I think Gen. Buhari, Gen. IBB and General Obasanjo ought to have led a war against Boko Haram. What do you think? Remember they are trained military men

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Mistaarhlohki(m): 3:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
Acidosis:

I think Gen. Buhari, Gen. IBB and General Obasanjo ought to have led a war against Boko Haram. What do you think? Remember they are trained military men

That's why we gotta vote in GMB...if for anything but wipe out those phocking miscreants... Called boko harambee...imagine holding a nation to Ransome...GEJ has failed in this aspect alone

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by ApexTitan(m): 3:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
That's the problem with the Internet, very few people take the time to confirm the things they read about. The reports of King Abdullah flying a chopper are old and gotten from the video in this link http:///JOr9IOk5ND. While the Jordanian airforce is conducting several attacks on ISIS strongholds they not doing so with the king personally. That story is at best unconfirmed or just a rumour. Of course Nigerians and many other people have run with this rumour without confirming its authenticity.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Acidosis(m): 3:25pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mistaarhlohki:

That's why we gotta vote in GMB...if for anything but wipe out those phocking miscreants... Called boko harambee...imagine holding a nation to Ransome...GEJ has failed in this aspect alone
What should we expect if GMB fail in the coming election? Fold his arms as usual and watch his people sink?

Are you aware we have soldiers who are ready to die for their country in Borno, Adamawa, etc?
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Acidosis(m): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

That's the problem with the Internet, very few people take the time to confirm the things they read about. The reports of King Abdullah flying a chopper are old and gotten from the video in this link http:///JOr9IOk5ND. While the Jordanian airforce is conducting several attacks on ISIS strongholds they not doing so with the king personally. That story is at best unconfirmed or just a rumour. Of course Nigerians and many other people have run with this rumour without confirming its authenticity.
If you're searching for the world dumbes t humans, take a flight to Nigeria.
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by ApexTitan(m): 3:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Acidosis:

No country with half a brain will let its current leader anywhere near an active conflict zone whether military trained or not let alone lead an attack. We are no longer in biblical times when kings personally lead their armies to war.
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

look bro this was what happened this week didnt u read the update...he was going to use air strikes after the pilot was killed not before...get your facts right...am not using this to look down on jonathan if thats what you think..am not a political propagandist

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/02/04/reports-jordanian-king-personally-flying-sorties-against-isis/
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
When Boko haram decapitated a Nigerian army pilot and video tapped it our own government completely denied it and not even once did the president issue a statement on it. Jona does not give a damn.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by mujahid777(m): 3:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
kk
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by ApexTitan(m): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
asuoka:

look bro this was what happened this week didnt u read the update...he was going to use air strikes after the pilot was killed not before...get your facts right...am not using this to look down on jonathan if thats what you think..am not a political propagandist

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/02/04/reports-jordanian-king-personally-flying-sorties-against-isis/

Your link is just like the dozens out there circulating unconfirmed reports. Anything that sounds incredible should first be confirmed, at least that's what I do, and most of the sites maintain that this story is still unconfirmed.

However I can tell you that the pictures spreading on tweeter of king Abdullah in a chopper are old and not a recent thing. In fact updated report on this site(http://twitchy.com/2015/02/04/hard-core-jordans-king-abdullah-in-combat-gear-and-ready-to-fight-isis-photos/) say its all a rumour.

Again there is no modern nation that will personally allow its current ruler lead a military attack, the risks are too much.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Horlawoomey(m): 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2015
I strongly doubt this news, but if its true, it will be a form of motivation to his armed forces.

May God protect him.
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

No country with half a brain will let its current leader anywhere near an active conflict zone whether military trained or not let alone lead an attack. We are no longer in biblical times when kings personally lead their armies to war.

How about acknowledging it and showing strong support by actively monitoring progress not sitting down and carrying on like nothing happened?
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by obailala(m): 4:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
Is this not another crystal clear evidence that we have a leadership vacuum in Nigeria?

We have a president who dances at political rallies the very next day after terrorists gruesomely murder over 100 of his people; a president who sits back and relaxes when over 200 little girls are kidnapped by the same terrorists until a worldwide uproar forced him to react 18 days later.

The greatest tragedy however is that a lot of ordinary Nigerians still actually think we have a good leader in Jonathan, probably because neither they nor their families are affected by the onslaught. May God deliver us undecided
Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

Your link is just like the dozens out there circulating unconfirmed reports. Anything that sounds incredible should first be confirmed, at least that's what I do, and most of the sites maintain that this story is still unconfirmed.

However I can tell you that the pictures spreading on tweeter of king Abdullah in a chopper are old and not a recent thing. In fact updated report on this site(http://twitchy.com/2015/02/04/hard-core-jordans-king-abdullah-in-combat-gear-and-ready-to-fight-isis-photos/) say its all a rumour.

Again there is no modern nation that will personally allow its current ruler lead a military attack, the risks are too much.

i think you forget the princes of uk go to the battle field too ....un

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by ApexTitan(m): 4:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
asuoka:

i think you forget the princes of uk go to the battle field too ....un

Yes there have been exceptions but members of the UK royal family who have had military service in conflict zones are several steps removed from the throne.

The UK princes have military training but they were not allowed into direct combat because they would be high value targets. Prince
Harry who was eager for deployment in Iraq was denied the opportunity and instead was sent on a military tour to Afghanistan. (Prince Harry himself is not directly next in line to the throne) William who is next in line was completely not allowed to serve in the middle east.

Re: King Of Jordan Planning To Lead Airstrikes Against ISIS Himself? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
ApexTitan:

Yes there have been exceptions but members of the UK royal family who have had military service in conflict zones are several steps removed from the throne.

The UK princes have military training but they were not allowed into direct combat because they would be high value targets. Prince
Harry who was eager for deployment in Iraq was denied the opportunity and instead was sent on a military tour to Afghanistan. (Prince Harry himself is not directly next in line to the throne) William who is next in line was completely not allowed to serve in the middle east.

if you say so bro

The Symbol Of Nigerian Unity. / Some Funny Cartoons From Old Newspapers ('80s) / What A Dream Come True (GEJ Pict)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50