Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure (1055 Views)

I Told Jonathan He Would Lose -– TB Joshua / Vote Out Jonathan, He Is Self-Centred – Timipre Sylva / We Wont Support Jonathan, He Can't Win - APGA Lagos Chapter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by mroluway: 4:27pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, declared on Thursday that no one should vote for the continuation of President Goodluck Jonathan’s government, saying that there has been a total failure in leadership. He said he has sixty reasons not to vote for the Jonathan regime. “I will not vote and I will not encourage ‎anyone to vote for the continuation of this government, simply because your colleagues numbering over two hundred were kidnapped, ” Soyinka told students at the 2015 edition of Vision of the Child (VOTC), a yearly programme inaugurated in 2012.

He said the Chibok girls kidnapped on 14 April of last year were sent on a mission to acquire an education, but ended up being kidnapped.

“And the government of this nation failed to show leadership.‎ So anyone who says after that event that I will vote or cast my vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime must be living in Sambisa forest,” Soyinka said, referring to a forest in Borno State where the Chibok girls are believed to be held by Boko Haram.

“There has been a failure of leadership. Our children whom you represent today have been betrayed‎,” Soyinka said, adding that no appropriate action was taken to retrieve them.

Soyinka said it took the Jonathan government ten days to even accept that the Chibok girls were even missing.

“After that dereliction of duty, after that failure of leadership, after that betrayal for our future, for anyone to think or to put words in my mouth suggesting that I will vote or encourage anyone to vote for this regime is a travesty of intelligence, ” Soyinka said.

Soyinka laughed off those who had claimed on the social media that he ‎was dead, telling journalists at the event that they should not misquote him. If they do, he added, he will rise from the dead to correct them.

The 2015 edition of Vision of the Child has for theme “The Road to Sambisa”.

This year, a total of 250 student participants from 60 primary and secondary schools within Lagos attended the interview. The age bracket for the participants was 9 to 12 years.

Their entries were assessed by a panel of eminent judges comprising teachers, artists, child carers and social workers.

The finalists will be invited on the 7 March to the National Conversation Foundation Park. Lekki, and provided with brush, paint and easel, and will be required to illustrate their literary presentation in the complementary medium painting.

This year, 60 finalists were drawn from 35 schools within Lagos State, said Foluke George‎, Festival Secretary and Programme Manager for the Vision of the Child.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/02/05/wole-soyinka-no-one-should-vote-jonathan-he-has-shown-total-failure-leadership
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by aare07(m): 4:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Prof may your day be long
Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by donzie(m): 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
even wole knows that Johnathan have failed....no more argument.. burahi till 2019
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
if to say nobi foreign country u go study who for know you? Are u the only proffesor alive? This old man na buhari age mate so am not suprised u r a disgrace to nigeria have u ever heard Shakespear interacting with politics? Go get a life U d loose respect for my face
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by donzie(m): 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
uupgrade:
if to say nobi foreign country u go study who for know you? Are u the only proffesor alive? This old man na buhari age mate so am not suprised u r a disgrace to nigeria have u ever heard Shakespear interacting with politics? Go get a life U d loose respect for my face
the truth hurt tho...stop disrespecting him..he far better than you

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Operation attack Soyinka activated.

Lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Mukina2, ishilove

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
donzie:
the truth hurt tho...stop disrespecting him..he far better than you
only a fool will compare myself to him becux i know am no class near him am no where near him but one u need to know is that too much of everything is not good there isn't a political article that will come out without Wole Soyinka Fussing in insults he is damn lucky we r living in a democratic Government which freedom of Speech is unlimited u can go to d Public and insult the president without being cautioned or interogated. One thing u need to know is that am unlike u who support unjust verdict and accussations, they say give honour to whom honour is due to. Insulting ur president is like insulting ur own country. Can't u state ur opinions without criticizing and insulting? Wole maybe the only Nobel prize winner we got in this country but that dosen't also give him the right to insult. N finally am not like u who is hopeless or with no ambitions if a the son of man wole can do it then why not as long as God exist i will be someone greater than him before i get to his age. someone the whole country will be proud .
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by faladeSM1132(m): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
sahara reporter news is own by APC
but we need to be frank to the true matters arrive in time to time
let all news web write what is right at the right time and not in odd time like election perioud like this
Give Nigeria a better name
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by Tranquill: 5:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
That he gave chibok girls as his reason is not enough for me not to vote Jonathan because it is wrong to judge his performance using that as a yardstick especially if no blame goes to Boko Haram, the northern elders that did little or nothing to stop it with the hope of making political gain and those still collaborating with them within and outside the military.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by duwdu: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
About time, Prof.

P34c3
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by donzie(m): 10:03am On Feb 11, 2015
uupgrade:
only a fool will compare myself to him becux i know am no class near him am no where near him but one u need to know is that too much of everything is not good there isn't a political article that will come out without Wole Soyinka Fussing in insults he is damn lucky we r living in a democratic Government which freedom of Speech is unlimited u can go to d Public and insult the president without being cautioned or interogated. One thing u need to know is that am unlike u who support unjust verdict and accussations, they say give honour to whom honour is due to. Insulting ur president is like insulting ur own country. Can't u state ur opinions without criticizing and insulting? Wole maybe the only Nobel prize winner we got in this country but that dosen't also give him the right to insult. N finally am not like u who is hopeless or with no ambitions if a the son of man wole can do it then why not as long as God exist i will be someone greater than him before i get to his age. someone the whole country will be proud .
what are you saying now?..didnt you just insulted me..human beings sha
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by Change2015(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2015
uupgrade:

You are the buffoon who obviously does not understand Shakespeare. Which ones have you read, let's start from there? I'm sure you think he won the Nobel prize for writing fairy tales, abi super story.

#change
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by bizlifelines(m): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2015
lobatan
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by emmatok(m): 11:51am On Feb 11, 2015
uupgrade:

Wole is not a new name im Nigerian political scene

From IBB,OBJ, e.t.c he has criticize all.
Why is GEJ afraid of his criticism.
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by Diogo1(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Wole Soyinka: No One Should Vote For Jonathan-he Has Shown A Total Failure by KanwuliaJara: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2015
TYPICAL western tribalistic goon!
2015 is all about TRIBALISM!
If OBJ can criticize GEJ. . . . .THE DEVIL IS LORD!!!! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Toyota SIENNA 2007 For Hire / PHOTO SPEAK: The mammoth crowd at the Buhari Presidential RALLY IN BORNO / My Take On The Recent Military Success Against Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.