Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,091 members, 7,811,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate (1096 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / BAKARE BOMBSHELL: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As VP Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by Jidefido(m): 8:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
A shocking video has emerged of Pastor Tunde Bakare of Latter Rain Assembly openly admitting that he refused to sign a resignation letter that would have seen him hand over his vice presidential position had General Buhari been successful in his presidential campaign in 2011.

In an interview with Kadaria Ahmed aired in July 2013, the firebrand pastor cum politician was queried as to whether his refusal to step down contributed to the breakdown of the proposed merger between CPC and ACN prior to the 2011 elections.

“It was not stepping down that was the issue,” Bakare responded. “It was resigning on paper with my signature, to sign as Vice President of Nigeria. I said, ‘No, I can’t do that. I can resign as Tunde Bakare, a candidate, but I cannot resign as Vice President, an office I have not occupied.’ That is illegal.”

“Are you saying they were willing to allow your name to go forward in the polls and then they expected that once you’d won the election, you would resign as Vice President?” queried Ahmed in the pilot edition of her show ‘Straight Talk With Kadaria’ currently airing on Channels Television.

“That is what they were asking for,” Bakare admitted. “But I was not ready to commit perjury, to sign an office I have not occupied.”

Clearly perplexed, Kadaria questioned as to why Bakare still chose to support a party that intentionally instructed him to be involved in perjury, adding that his position as a pastor puts him on an even higher moral pedestal in the eyes of the public.

“My moral code is simple – I am the salt of the earth and the light of the world,” Bakare retorted. “Light does not run away from darkness and salt does not run away from corruption. What you do is contact without contamination.”

The user who uploaded a short snippet of the interview on YouTube today opined that a similar agreement had been forged with current Vice presidential candidate, Pastor Yemi Osinbajo of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) led by Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

“This is the same agreement their stooge, Pastor Yemi Osibanjo, has signed for Tinubu that will ensure APC’s dream for a Muslim/Muslim Ticket if Buhari wins,” the video description controversially reads.

http://www.theheraldng.com/bakare-bombshell-forced-sign-resignation-letter-vp-candidate-buhari-2011/

Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by Firefire(m): 8:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
We suspect OSIBADE could be a culprit also undecided

1 Like

Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Political drama
Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by kestolove95(m): 8:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
Bakare u mean to tell me dat osinbajo will resign after buhari has bin sworn in as president?..how posible is dat in a democratic setting?..whch skool u graduate from abg? grin
Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
Buhary - Perjury.
Osinbade - Perjury.

1 Like

Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by SeverusSnape(m): 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mtcheeeeww
Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by dunkem21(m): 8:42pm On Feb 05, 2015
Amalgamation of Pejurians and Certificate forgers - APC
Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by DrPrickson: 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
APC and Prejury is like Bread and butter

1 Like

Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by austinvsb1(m): 9:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
Propaganda! Propaganda!! Propaganda!!! Where is the video??
Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by keyremotes(m): 9:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Bakare Bombshell: How I Was Forced To Sign Resignation Letter As Vp Candidate by Akosbaba(m): 10:46pm On Feb 05, 2015
Na wa o,does the PDP really think they can still win pple over with this kind of shit?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Governorship Grand Rally; Obio/akpor LGA, Port Harcourt.(photos) / What Will Happen In Nigeria If GMB Or GEJ Wins / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.