Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) (31625 Views)

Edo Man Sets Straight Reason For Biafra Agitation And Calls Out Yoruba. Video! / Lagos APGA Sacks Chairman For Supporting Ambode / Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by eleshin(m): 3:22pm On Feb 06, 2015
Instead of fighting the Yorubas, Ibos should just create a reference point by voting a YORUBA man as ordinary councilor in one Eastern LG.This unnecessary fight makes them look desperate and greedy.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by M4gunners: 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2015
phabulux:

Why can't this be replicated even on political fora?
We can't all have the same opinion, b
Bros the First step to take is for all of us to see each other as equal. For gender, rich or poor. Then keep sentiments away, hw do can we achieve that,by rebuking which ever that made such statement.
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by Crieff(m): 4:06pm On Feb 06, 2015
UchihaMadara:
I keep saying Nigeria is fvked with the reasoning we have and I really really wish I could change our mentality, but I'm just one man.

Just check out the front page to see how the "so called" intellectuals on this forum are all in agreement that he must be able to speak Yoruba to be a governor.

Please tell me why that should be the case on any level?

Is fluency in Yoruba language now needed to provide clean high pressure water to homes?

Is fluency in Yoruba language now needed to provide electricity to homes?

Is fluency in Yoruba language now needed to providde high quality education and security to the denizens of the state?

I repeat, Naija is fvked when the majority, even those that are educated, continue to reason along tribal lines.

Nigerians would forever pick their incompetent "brother" over a competent "saviour" anytime.

saviour, save yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by Crieff(m): 4:20pm On Feb 06, 2015
Unemadu:

Who invited who? Igbos are everywhere so nothing special about Lagos. Besides Igbos arent really interested in politics outside SE. But a day will surely come when and Igboman will govern lagos and either two things will happen, either war or life goes on.

Keep sniffing Angel's dust.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by abraka00(f): 4:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Why Yoruba? Buhari should show his certificate.

1 Share

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by olaideeeedris(m): 4:57pm On Feb 06, 2015
Unemadu:

Who invited who? Igbos are everywhere so nothing special about Lagos. Besides Igbos arent really interested in politics outside SE. But a day will surely come when and Igboman will govern lagos and either two things will happen, either war or life goes on.
grin grin grin grin grin... I dey laugh in Chinese language... Big dream, that is the name. My brother, keep dreaming like Martin Lutherking, I pray urs come to reality.
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2015
Afam4eva:

You people just make comparisons willy nilly without spoting the difference between both case studies. The official language of the US is English, so there's no way Obama could have qualified without knowing how to speak English. On the contrary, Yoruba is not an official language in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria.
This may be shocking, but the US doesn't have an "official" language. English is only the de facto language.
Anyway, I agree that Obama wouldn't have been president if he couldn't speak English.
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by meccuno: 7:47pm On Feb 06, 2015
I thought There are more than 5 core yoruba states......I some times find it amusing when all the yorubas suddenly think that lagos is the cradle and creation for all yorubas.......I thought it was ile ife......its either someone is guarding a state with infrastructure developed by the FG and as a former capital territory or they can't replicate the seven wonders of the world they claim to create in lagos in the different states in the SW.....passed through ibadan some days ago and I was short for words........and I wonder why many yorubas call the east a cave.....like seriously.....I think NYSC isn't performing what they were created for......they should try and come out of their enclave and see Nigeria.....pls
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by olawalebabs(m): 7:51pm On Feb 06, 2015
The way he answer the question remimd me of 'oga at the top'
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by HopeAtHand: 8:05pm On Feb 06, 2015
Mynd44:
Okay this is where the problem lies. Although I have not problem with him being of Igbo descent but he should be a Lagosian who has known the culture before he can aspire.

We can't have a governor who does not know how to deal with the traditional council na. You have traditional holidays and you must know them.

If you have lived here for that long, some things should not be difficult

You're a technical bye got..lolx

I believe every Nigerian should just stick with aspirations in his aboriginal village/constituency.

The Diobu and Rebisi people have never allowed another Ikwerre clan to produce Mayor of Port Harcourt...

Even if Nigeria spoke one language, this level of deeply ingrained tribalism will go down to Subgroups, clans, compounds and families..We are truly in deeeep shiit.
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by gbabs64(m): 2:21am On Feb 07, 2015
Him contesting for governorship in Lagos is stepping out of bound, even if he speaks the language fluently. Is Lagos short of their own who can lead them? He clearly doesn't know where he belongs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 08, 2015
ionsman:

You think you have made sense right?
MI.serable soul.
focus on d message n not d messager,,u sheer creep
Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by omonnakoda: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
The issue of acceptance into any host community is not a new one countless groups and families from Edo ,Nupe,Ilorin ,have lived in Lagos fo centuries. In fact many have no where to return to . They are accepted because they integrate fully.They have no plan B . To intetragte into Lagos means Yorubanizing. Adopt Yoruba names for your children and hopefully in 300 years we will forge their origins . We cannot have Heekayshukoo ,Shedimo, Shidiloja, Nkedoo,Shidibeere or Shidilode as governor in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Lagos APGA Candidate Asked To Speak Yoruba.(Video) by omojuliet: 11:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
@ suzelle hoW can I download the form?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai Dines With Aliko Dangote And john Oyegun At Lagos Event / Stowaway Daniel Ohikhena, Resumes School With Security Men / Emir Umar Faruq Hosts Orji Kalu After Meeting With IBB, Abdusalami (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.