Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

What Does It "Cost" To Build A University. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does It "Cost" To Build A University. (7847 Views)

Man To Atiku: You Sent Your Daughter Abroad To School While You Own A University / How Much Does It Cost To Obtain The Nigerian E-passport? / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Does It "Cost" To Build A University. by Whymee: 11:46am On Feb 06, 2015
One of the programs and achievement of the present government during his campaign is building 12 universities across Nigeria.

As much as I appreciate this development, something still baffles me, besides the administrative angle and academicians inputs to the establishment of a university and other module of oparandy which I don't no much about.

Does establishing a university really cost much for the government. The lands are free, enough inputs from academicians, professors, educational regulatory bodies, university commissions etc, ...which are virtually free.

An average of 200 to 500 million naira on building per university for a start. ( administrative block, student affair block, and two to five lecture rooms).

I do see private university here and there and from my accessement they grow with time.

On an average less than 6.5billion naira for all the 12 universities, is this actually a project a government should be proud of for over a tenure.

Pls enlighten and educate me on what's takes to build a university by government.

1 Like

Re: What Does It "Cost" To Build A University. by OlawaleAE: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
Whymee:
One of the programs and achievement of the present government during his campaign is building 12 universities across Nigeria.

As much as I appreciate this development, something still baffles me, besides the administrative angle and academicians inputs to the establishment of a university and other module of operandi which I don't no much about.

Does establishing a university really cost much for the government. The lands are free, enough inputs from academicians, professors, educational regulatory bodies, university commissions etc, ...which are virtually free.

An average of 200 to 500 million naira on building per university for a start. ( administrative block, student affair block, and two to five lecture rooms).

I do see private university here and there and from my assessment they grow with time.

On an average less than 6.5billion naira for all the 12 universities, is this actually a project a government should be proud of for over a tenure.

Pls enlighten and educate me on what's takes to build a university by government.

Yeah ..from the start point...it would then grow over time...
Re: What Does It "Cost" To Build A University. by Prokaryote: 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
Have they finish managing the existing one or upgrade them to be innovative before thinking of creating new university?
Our present university offer so many course that aren't relevant in Nigeria labour market. Whatever fund budgeted for creating new university should rather be channel into making the existing one innovative.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Set To Attend AU Confab On Ebola / Ogun: Work To Begin On Agbara-Lusada Road In 14 Days – Governor Abiodun / Sanusi, Ganduje Meet In Abuja Airport 2 Years After Ganduje Dethroned Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.