Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift (36409 Views)

Group Threatens Mass Protest If Buhari Doesn’t Attend Next FEC Meeting / I Won’t Go Down Alone’ Amaechi Threatens Mr President / Amaechi Threatens Buhari Again, Mr. President If Am Going Down – You’re Comin W (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by oluvick(m): 12:50pm On Feb 07, 2015
THE director general of Buhari campaign organization and Governor of Rivers State, Chibuike Amaechi, has threatened mass action if the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) decides today to shift this month’s election.

Amaechi, who said monumental change is about to happen in Nigeria because the vast majority of Nigerians yearn for it, insisted that the presidential election must hold on February 14 because Nigerians are charged and poised to vote on that day for an inevitable change.

He stated this during the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship campaign rally at Isiokpo, the headquarters of his Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State.

Addressing thousands of APC supporters who had converged for the rally, the governor charged his kinsmen and the people of the State to vote against the president and the Peoples Democratic Party because they are adverse to the rule of law and good governance.

“If PDP say there are strong, we are ready for election, let them come out. APC has said to PDP, let us wrestle; they are running away.

“If they try the postponement, we Nigerians will match out on the streets. Nigerians are charged and poised to vote on February 14,” he said.

Amaechi, who observed the INEC would be meeting today with critical stakeholders to deliberate on the forthcoming elections, insisted that whether the Federal Government likes it or not, the presidential election must hold on Saturday.

According to him, Nigerians are yearning for freedom from the yoke inflicted on them by the PDP administration, which is endemically corrupt.

He told the teeming audience that the APC presidential candidate remains gravely concerned about the incessant attacks on the party’s faithful in the state and has assured them that he would ensure the protection of life and property if he wins the February 14 presidential election.

http://m.ngrguardiannews.com/en/news/national-news/197008-we-will-take-to-the-streets-if-inec-shifts-election-says-amaechi

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
U haven't seen anything yet. Traitor. Apc Supporting another Northern Cow.
SAI Jonathan. I dedicate all the likes i have gotten today to all the good nairalanders.

208 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
Why is everybody threatening each other these days? May God help Nigeria. It shall be well in Jesus name, Amen! Violence does no good. Democracy is about individual choices. That one does not support your party does not make such an enemy. Let's all shun violence.

God bless President GEJ.

158 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by clevvermind(m): 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2015
Amaechi keep quiet. you cannot do anything. you think say this one na portharcourt stadium when you nor fit even do anything sef? coward.

190 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by ozoigbondu: 12:57pm On Feb 07, 2015
In oshobaba voice*****Go and.die****

You never jam federal might before grin the small beating.jonathan gave him concerning the anieukum staduim has not yet sunk in and he looking for more

If anybody knows amaechi tell him to stop.dancing naked in the market remind him to stop dancing surugede for is dance of the spirits

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Tolexander: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2015
not only APC will protest, we very need to protest this postponement!

Initial excuse was PVC collection.
Insurgency now the excuse.

Why are Jonathan and PDP afraid?

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by johnmartus(m): 1:00pm On Feb 07, 2015
uupgrade:
U haven't seen anything yet. Traitor
he never seen anything rites? Seems you're crazy meanwhile what your president is about to do is right?

33 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
Getting my canvas and snickers ready...Mbu get ready too...

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by dgr8truth(m): 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
Op you should have posted the complete link.

Amaechi should understand that the political environment is not control by apc alone. We are all stake holder in the political process. Apc can go on and protest after all it is a free world.

It is only a narrow mind that will oppose the postponement. If the outcome of the presidential election will be affected by 35% of registered voters who have not collected their PVCs then why should the election not be postponed. Beside, who knows the region that makeup bulk of the 35% could be for either apc/pdp. Inec should be and must be fair to all nigerians.

APC should know that this postponement will do them a whole lot of good than pdp. The presidency is not bent on a must win for GEJ. Infact the opposition should be grateful to this administration that for ones in the history of nigeria that the opposition can beat their chest that they are sure of sending the president to otuoke via election.

We all have the right to choose our leaders INEC please ensure the 35% exercise that right

#GEJtill2019.

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 07, 2015
johnmartus:
he never seen anything rites? Seems you're crazy meanwhile what your president is about to do is right?
lol dude i haven't insulted u yet n u already called me crazy? U know am not d type that backs down when challenged either so u know what? Your Fatherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Boland(m): 1:10pm On Feb 07, 2015
Even if the election is shifted, GMB will still win. My advice to the APC is to use this postponement to their advantage.

Before good thing can happen, a lot of work need to be done.
Let them postpone it. It's not gon change shii.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Skako(m): 1:12pm On Feb 07, 2015
Brave guy
tanx
no election postponement

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
uupgrade:
lol dude i haven't insulted u yet n u already called me crazy? U know am not d type that backs down when challenged either so u know what? Your Fatherrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
nt the type that enjoy cursing bt omo u funny.lol

14 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Akon419(m): 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
I hope his son will be leading d youth on the protest

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2015
Advertico:
nt the type that enjoy cursing bt omo u funny.lol
hahahaha but sure dude, u know we live in world that if u fire me i fire u back but i was born with something like that already so i don't need to adopt, that's my philosophy. Lol English is goooodoooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2015
SAY NO TO AMAECHI'S MASS ACTION; SAY NO TO VIOLENCE.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by fleet7(m): 1:23pm On Feb 07, 2015
victory to democracy i can see the idea of change wich Apc brings with it.it does not believe in equality,how can they propose the election goes ahead with more than 30million elegible voters yet to get their PVC.jonathan your indeed a goodluck to nigeria the voice of the people must be heard.It is done the election has been postponed

41 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by ndcide(m): 1:32pm On Feb 07, 2015
The more reason the election must be postponed

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by abu12: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2015
clevvermind:
Amaechi keep quiet. you cannot do anything. you think say this one na portharcourt stadium when you nor fit even do anything sef? coward.

Try and see, u will knw that this is not amaechi mater but nigeria. We want election now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by joseph1832(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2015
Tolexander:
not only APC will protest, we very need to protest this postponement!

Initial excuse was PVC collection.
Insurgency now the excuse.

Why are Jonathan and PDP afraid?
That's their ploy! They've thrown everything at Buhari and APC and they're still standing. I wonder the depth of yeye the PDP will dive into just to achieve their aim.

Using the insurgency as an excuse makes me laugh, imagine! As if if the election favour them (PDP) they'll be thinking about insurgency.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by xcolanto(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2015
Finally! Amaechi's dream of a parallel government coming into play! grin hope he leads the touts he intend to use for this rubbish. Would be eager to see how he intends to pull this off! Sore looser! cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by greatestman(m): 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2015
Boland:
Even if the election is shifted, GMB will still win. My advice to the APC is to use this postponement to their advantage.

Before good thing can happen, a lot of work need to be done.
Let them postpone it. It's not gon change shii.
The most mature comment so far.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by IceSplash(f): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
.. Make inec decide fast abeg
Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by clevvermind(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
abu12:

Try and see, u will knw that this is not amaechi mater but nigeria. We want election now
ok na. let's see what the coward can do

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by izonlucky01(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2015
This election must hold on 14th febuhari cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Tolexander: 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2015
joseph1832:
That's their ploy! They've thrown everything at Buhari and APC and they're still standing. I wonder the depth of yeye the PDP will dive into just to achieve their aim.

Using the insurgency as an excuse makes me laugh, imagine! As if if the election favour them (PDP) they'll be thinking about insurgency.
thank you bro!

Acting as if they value the live of the citizens.

Why didn't PDP postpone their campaigns and political activities due to the insurgency?

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by vedd: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2015
Amaechi shouldnt make it sound like an APC affair. This is a Nigerian thing and we have resolved to vote on Feb 14

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Djicemob: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2015
Just redeploy mbu back to PH and case closed. grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by dridowu: 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2015
I just wish this election should go ahead this feb. Anyway i still stand gidigba for SaiBuhari

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Boland(m): 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
greatestman:

The most mature comment so far.
cool
Re: Amaechi Threatens Mass Protest Against Poll Shift by Jesusloveyou: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2015
clevvermind:
this street march wil be worst than what happen on january 2012.#electionmustholdfebuhari14.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Crowd At APC Governorship Rally In Sokoto. Photos And Videos / Ex-President Obasanjo’s Adviser & Atiku Loyalist, Titi Ajanaku, Dies At 73 / "Nigeria's Problem; Lack Of Will To Save Under GEJ .. Okonjo Iweala ... Cableng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.