Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,995 members, 7,859,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Nigerian 2015 Elections Postponement: One Man's Point Of View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian 2015 Elections Postponement: One Man's Point Of View (469 Views)

Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View / Channel TV: Elections Postponement Is Jonathan's Grand Plan To Win -OBJ / PDP Hails INEC Over Elections Postponement, Urges Supporters To Remain Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian 2015 Elections Postponement: One Man's Point Of View by mymadam(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2015
Following my modest research, I have come to the conclusion that the main reason for the postponement of the February 2014 General Elections might as well be the grabbing and/or renewal of Nigerian Oil Block Licenses. These licenses are said to be due for renewal in 2016. If this information is correct, it is obvious that whoever emerges as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the coming Presidential Election will have a major say in which oil block licenses to revoke and the beneficiaries of new licenses since he will still be calling the shots in 2016! Goodluck Jonathan is holding sway right now while Muhammadu Buhari is his main challenger in the battle for Aso Rock (a.k.a. Oil Block Licenses).

NOTE: Owning just one oil block in Nigeria is no joke... at least, so they say!

Come to think of it, has the issuance of these licenses been lopsided in the past? Is there a just way to go about it, now that everyone-in-the-know wants a share of the real national cake? Can it be done without any tribe (or region) feeling short-changed? Yes, there appear to be more questions than answers!

With this scenario, will a free, fair, violence-free and credible Presidential Election take place in Nigeria before the 2016 date of the renewal/issuance of Oil Block licenses? However, good governance is what Nigerians are yearning for right now. Who is going to guarantee this, I ask?

I rest my case. God bless Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

The Matchbuhari Hash Tag / Buhari Our New Pressident, I-dey-wait-o! / Buhari WINS 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.