Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,533 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View (1135 Views)

Thousands Troop Out To Support President Muhammadu Buhari In Kaduna [PHOTOS] / "I Support President Buhari" Mega Rally In Kano (Photos) / Bola Tinubu:"Unseating Jonathan,An Incumbent President,My Most Difficult Battle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2015
Here is what CHINEDU NEBO, a facebook pal has to say
medamillion:
WHY I DID NOT SUPPORT PRESIDENT JONATHAN:

Many people have asked me this question, that why do I NOT support President Jonathan despite the fact that most Igbos (if not all) support him.
Here are my reasons:

1)INSECURITY:
President Jonathan's administration has recorded almost the highest number death in his administration due BokoHaram insurgency. When BokoHaram initially started, the president handled them with kid's glove. He said, and I quote "BokoHaram is our siblings, how can you send the army to wipe off your family?".
Six weeks to election, he came out to say "I underestimated BokoHaram". This underestimation has cost him the lives of thousands of Northerners, even Southerners residing in the North.
Although, I was not affected by the event, but Mr President has failed in his duty to protect the lifes and properties of the citizens. IT COULD BE YOU TOMORROW.

2). CORRUPTION
Countless number of corruption has taken place under his watch:

The Minister of Aviation bought bullet proof cars worth N255M, the case was initially investigated but today we here nothing about it again.

The Minister of Petroleum, Allison Madueke hire Jets for a whopping N10B amidst poverty-strikened Nigerians. The case was initially investigated but today we here nothing about it again.
And many others too numerous to mention.

I am not affected by this event for now, but another 4years of Jonathan may see Nigeria go "bankrupt" which will definitely affect all Nigerians irrespective of tribe or religion.

3) THE IMMIGRATION JOB SCAM:
I feel shocked whenever I see the pictures of the youths who died (in stampede) at a stadium due to poor organization of the event. The government collected N1,000 each from over 20,000 youths and the Minister that oversaw this terrible event has been left to enjoy more under Jonathan.
NO disciplinary measures taken against him.

It could be my brother or your brother who becomes a victim of this event, will you still support GEJ to run the affairs of this nation for another 4years?

I became more shocked to hear that, an event that happened about a year ago, the President, in just 6weeks to election has called the parents of the deceased for compensation.

4) THE OIL SUBSIDY SCAM:
When Jonathan administration removed oil subsidy on January 1, 2011...We all know how we suffered, we know how he spoiled that New Year for us. Many shops closed down, food prices escalated, no transport.

The same oil subsidy removal, the revenue recovered as been embezzled by some "TOP Class" citizen.
(FAROUK LAWAN and FEMI OTEDOLA Saga) comes to mind

4) THE CHIBOK GIRLS KIDNAP:
When over 200 girls were kidnapped, instead of my president to act on this issue, he termed it "propaganda", until about 10days later, he started acting.
This is over 300days, where are the girls? It could be your sister or my sister who has been in the jungle of BokoHaram, would you still support GEJ?

We may feel less-concerned as all this is happening
In the North NOT in the South, but an adage says "a burning fire knows no boundary".
I can't entrust the lifes of my family in the hands of this present government for another as years. IT WILL BE A SUICIDE.

FINALLY:
I reside in Igbo Etiti LGA, in Enugu...In 2011 nobody in my community could support GEJ more than I do to the extent that I almost got lynched by some supporters of the defunct ACN when I was traveling to Lagos because I wore Jonathan's campaign T-Shirt.

Having witnessed many irregularities in President Jonathan's administration, I am left with no choice but to vote the APC and see what they have to offer.

As at now, having tendered my reasons to friends and relatives who once hated me for not supporting GEJ, they've come to reason with me and they are also clamouring for CHANGE.

BUHARI may not be a saint, but we just have to give him a chance #givebuhariachance

Meet CHINEDU NEBO on facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1400953276887908&id=100009197478892&refid=17&_ft_&__tn__=%2As

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by ozoigbondu: 10:55am On Mar 27, 2015
OP pls vote your choice as for me and my street it is GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by Danhumprey: 11:02am On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari may not be a saint. Hell,no politician,including GEJ,is a saint. We've tried GEJ for 6years plus with little to show for it as acheivement in his administration. Instead all we hear is widespread corruption and insecurity.

Let's give Buhari a chance,even if it's just 4years. Surely,that isn't too much to ask for.smiley

Cc: Seun. Lalasticlala.

1 Like

Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by eazisky(m): 11:05am On Mar 27, 2015
Ooops! Sowie... but dont u fink situations will be worst if we vote the certificateless man? a man who doesnt know d full name of his running mate? think twice oo
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by swaggzo(m): 11:06am On Mar 27, 2015
Is it not better to not have a president than to have one and be living like we have none?
Do you know the amount of money that we as a country will save, from having no president and other crappy politicians who do nothing but yet their bank accounts be growing like something that's gonna sink like the Titanic if it is put in the ocean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 11:07am On Mar 27, 2015
God's willing, Nigeria will become great again.
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2015
“Christian and Muslim, Southern and Northern, rich and poor, young and old, man and woman. We are all citizens of Nigeria. There is no dividing line among us that I care to honour. Either we advance as one or fail altogether."
--GMB
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2015
Buhari is not a saint either

but we still want him there

1 Like

Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by kingbasil: 11:17am On Mar 27, 2015
Jonathan all the way... and Op that is no Igbo man's point of view... its Nebo's opinion...
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 11:19am On Mar 27, 2015
Shall we live in a nation where the ranks of the poor swell and their poverty increase while the consorts of the powerful enjoy unprecedented wealth?"--GMB
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by Montaque(m): 11:20am On Mar 27, 2015
How are these points peculiar to the Ibo man?
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 11:26am On Mar 27, 2015
Montaque:
How are these points peculiar to the Ibo man?
It's not about how the points were peculiar to the Ibo man, but it's about how it affects Nigeria as whole
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by egift(m): 11:31am On Mar 27, 2015
We may have different ways we understand and worship God, but problems affecting Nigerians are the same.

We need a competent leadership. Give Buhari a Chance.
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by andre82(m): 11:45am On Mar 27, 2015
And what has the ones with certificates done with theirs? My friend, the certificates doesn't make a man's character.
eazisky:
Ooops! Sowie... but dont u fink situations will be worst if we vote the certificateless man? a man who doesnt know d full name of his running mate? think twice oo
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by Tofax: 11:52am On Mar 27, 2015
What about an Igbo woman's Point Of View? Pls be real.
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by Montaque(m): 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2015
medamillion:

It's not about how the points were peculiar to the Ibo man, but it's about how it affects Nigeria as whole
the post said "an ibo man's point of view".
You don't need to be just an ibo man to see them.
I thought he wanted to reel out the failings of the Govt in the SE.
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2015
Montaque:
the post said "an ibo man's point of view".
You don't need to be just an ibo man to see them.
I thought he wanted to reel out the failings of the Govt in the SE.
I guess he was just being patriotic, that was why in that letter he pointed out that most of those events didn't affect him but it might be him tomorrow
Re: Why I Did Not Support President Jonathan--an Igbo Man's Point Of View by medamillion(m): 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2015
#givebuhariachance

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Gunmen Attack Collation Centre, Police Station, INEC Office In Bauchi / Ambode Wins Governorship Race In Lagos / Why Is The Pope And The Catholic Church Silent On This Matter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.