Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,444 members, 7,853,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 08:11 AM

Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (56430 Views)

Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings / Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Aug 26, 2009
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

-- 1 Corinthians 1:18
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2009
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

-- 1 Corinthians 1:25
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00am On Aug 28, 2009
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

-- 1 Corinthians 2:9
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Aug 29, 2009
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

-- 1 Corinthians 3:16
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Aug 30, 2009
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

-- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2009
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

-- 1 Corinthians 10:13
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Sep 01, 2009
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Sep 02, 2009
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. -- 1 Corinthians 13:12-13
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by dgreatrock(m): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2009
so that at the name of Jesus every should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth.
phillipians 2:10
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35am On Sep 03, 2009
"And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly".

-- 1 Corinthians 15:49
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by grace5: 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by grace5: 12:51pm On Sep 03, 2009
OBEDIENCE IS "BETTER THAN SACRIFICE" BECAUSE IN SACRIFICE THERE MAY STILL BE AN ELEMENT OF SELF-WILL
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2009
O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

-- 1 Corinthians 15:55-58
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Maykelly(f): 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2009
There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked. Isaiah 48:22

There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked. Isaiah 57:21
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Sep 05, 2009
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

-- 2 Corinthians 1:3-5
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10am On Sep 06, 2009
Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

-- 2 Corinthians 1:21-22
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:56am On Sep 07, 2009
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed.

-- 2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2009
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.

-- 2 Corinthians 4:17
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2009
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

-- 2 Corinthians 4:18
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Abuzola(m): 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2009
Quran syratul ma'idah

72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allâh is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allâh, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allâh, then Allâh has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode . And for the Zâlimûn (polytheists and wrong­doers) there are no helpers.

73. Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allâh is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilâh (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilâh (God -Allâh). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

74. Will they not repent to Allâh and ask His Forgiveness? For Allâh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

75. The Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allâh and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allâh does not eat). Look how We make the Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

76. Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allâh something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allâh Who is the All­Hearer, All­Knower."

77. Say (O Muhammad ): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

78. Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawûd (David) and 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allâh and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.

79. They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evil­doing, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do.

80. You see many of them taking the disbelievers as their Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers). Evil indeed is that which their ownselves have sent forward before them, for that (reason) Allâh's Wrath fell upon them and in torment they will abide.

81. And had they believed in Allâh, and in the Prophet (Muhammad ) and in what has been revealed to him, never would they have taken them (the disbelievers) as Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers), but many of them are the Fâsiqûn (rebellious, disobedient to Allâh).

33. The recompense of those who wage war against Allâh and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off on the opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.

34. Except for those who (having fled away and then) came back (as Muslims) with repentance before they fall into your power; in that case, know that Allâh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

35. O you who believe! Do your duty to Allâh and fear Him. Seek the means of approach to Him, and strive hard in His Cause as much as you can. So that you may be successful.

36. Verily, those who disbelieve, if they had all that is in the earth, and as much again therewith to ransom themselves thereby from the torment on the Day of Resurrection, it would never be accepted of them, and theirs would be a painful torment.

37. They will long to get out of the Fire, but never will they get out therefrom, and theirs will be a lasting torment.

38. Cut off (from the wrist joint) the (right) hand of the thief, male or female, as a recompense for that which they committed, a punishment by way of example from Allâh. And Allâh is All­Powerful, All­Wise.

39. But whosoever repents after his crime and does righteous good deeds (by obeying Allâh), then verily, Allâh will pardon him (accept his repentance). Verily, Allâh is Oft­Forgiving, Most Merciful.

40. Know you not that to Allâh (Alone) belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth! He punishes whom He wills and He forgives whom He wills. And Allâh is Able to do all things.
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:15am On Sep 10, 2009
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

-- 2 Corinthians 5:10
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2009
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

-- 2 Corinthians 5:17
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2009
For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

-- 2 Corinthians 5:21
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by kolaxy(m): 2:49am On Sep 14, 2009
Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

-- 2 Corinthians 6:14
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

-- 2 Corinthians 9:7
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

-- 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:38am On Sep 16, 2009
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

-- 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2009
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

-- Galatians 2:20
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2009
Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

-- Galatians 4:3-7
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by spicy007(f): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2009
"Blessed is the man who walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinner,
not sitteth in the seat of the scornful
but his delight shall be in the Lord.
he shall be like a tree planteth by the riverside, whose fruits come out in due season
"
- Psalm 1:1 , 3

Timeless Bible Passage, in fact the entire chapter 1 is my favourite.
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2009
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

-- Galatians 5:1

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (46) (Reply)

Mob Destroys Church Of Benin Pastor Accused Of Sleeping With Married Woman. PICS / Apostle Johnson Suleiman Explains Why His Prophecy On The Election Failed. / Russia’s Mysterious Campaign Against Jehovah’s Witnesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.