Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,105 members, 7,860,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 (56550 Views)

Scriptures Expounded: About Wet Dreams And Human Wastes - Deuteronomy 23:10-14 / Deuteronomy 28 Is Not For Christians; Ephesians 1:3 Is Our Key To Blessings / Moses Wrote The Book Of Deuteronomy. But Did He Also Write Chapter 34? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2009
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

-- Galatians 5:16-17

1 Like

Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:54pm On Sep 21, 2009
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

-- Galatians 5:22-23
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:23pm On Sep 22, 2009
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

-- Galatians 6:7-9
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2009
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

-- Ephesians 2:8-9
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2009
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace..

-- Ephesians 4:2-3
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2009
One Lord, one faith, one baptism..

-- Ephesians 4:5
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2009
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ..

-- Ephesians 4:12
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2009
And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness..

-- Ephesians 4:24
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Sep 28, 2009
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil..

-- Ephesians 4:26,27
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.. -- Ephesians 4:32
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit. -- Ephesians 5:18
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2009
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord..

-- Ephesians 5:22
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Oct 03, 2009
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it..

-- Ephesians 5:25
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2009
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh..

-- Ephesians 5:31
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:16am On Oct 04, 2009
Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

-- Ephesians 6:1-3
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2009
And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord..

-- Ephesians 6:4
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:46am On Oct 06, 2009
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

-- Ephesians 6:10-13
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:51am On Oct 07, 2009
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

-- Philippians 1:21
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Abuzola(m): 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2009
[b] Quran 5

72. Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode . And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers.

73. Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

74. Will they not repent to Allah and ask His Forgiveness? For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

75. The Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

76. Say (O Muhammad to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the All-Hearer, All-Knower."

77. Say (O Muhammad ): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Exceed not the limits in your religion (by believing in something) other than the truth, and do not follow the vain desires of people who went astray in times gone by, and who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the Right Path."

78. Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawud (David) and 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.

79. They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evil-doing, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do.

80. You see many of them taking the disbelievers as their Auliya' (protectors and helpers). Evil indeed is that which their ownselves have sent forward before them, for that (reason) Allah's Wrath fell upon them and in torment they will abide.

81. And had they believed in Allah, and in the Prophet (Muhammad ) and in what has been revealed to him, never would they have taken them (the disbelievers) as Auliya' (protectors and helpers), but many of them are the Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).[/b]
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others."

-- Philippians 2:3-4
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:50am On Oct 09, 2009
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross."

-- Philippians 2:5-8
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2009
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

-- Phillipians 2:9-11
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:55am On Oct 11, 2009
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

-- Philippians 3:13-14
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2009
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

-- Philipians 4:6-7
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:44pm On Oct 13, 2009
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

-- Philippians 4:11-13
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:03pm On Oct 14, 2009
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus

-- Philippians 4:19
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2009
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell

-- Colossians 1:15-19
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ

-- Colossians 2:8
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Jackie26: 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2009
TAKE HEED THAT THE LIGHT WHICH IS IN THEE BE NOT DARKNESS

LUKE 11;35
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Jackie26: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
And whosover shall speak a word against the son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but him who blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven.

luke 12:10
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Jackie26: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2009
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench the fiery darts of the wicked

Ephesians 6;16
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Popular Bible Quotations For Memorization And Meditation — Deuteronomy 31:8 by Jackie26: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2009
Now unto him who is able to exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout the ages, world without end, Amen.

Ephesians 3:21
[b][/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (46) (Reply)

"Prophet Onovwiona Emmanuel Is Sleeping With My Wife" - Smart Ojeski / Anglican Priest, Rev. Ogbuchukwu Lotanna, Resigns, Forms Polygamous Movement / The Holy Stairs Jesus Climbed Before Crucifixion Unveiled After 300 Years (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.