Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? (2510 Views)

How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / How Does One Cope With A Short Tempered Wife? / I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 5:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hello peeps, I have been married for 2 years nw. Though all is being going on fine, we don't fight nor argue over anytin. But lately, he's been so attached to his phone.

He's either nairalanding or chatting and attimes checking some girls nude pixes.I av told him several times abt dis phone attachment bt all to deaf ears.

Please what can I do put all dis behind? I don't wanna break his phone(I wish I could attimes)
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Introduce interesting activities to him or better still communicate his shortcoming to him.
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by DickDastardly(m): 5:37pm On Feb 08, 2015
Report Seun to the nearest police station for snatching your husband with his Nairaland cheesy grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 5:45pm On Feb 08, 2015
Lacomus:
Introduce interesting activities to him or better still communicate his shortcoming to him.
I av done dat several times bt jst so glued to his fone to d extent dat his food do wait and cold b4 he eats it
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2015
DickDastardly:
Report Seun to the nearest police station for snatching your husband with his Nairaland cheesy grin
wish I could or evn shut down nairaland bt its nt only nairaland website. Others are involved too
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ronie24:
I av done dat several times bt jst so glued to his fone to d extent dat his food do wait and cold b4 he eats it
Seun you see watin you don cause abi grin
Try new things he will definitely like one.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
[s]lols.
Oya tell us his NL moniker so we can ban him. grin[/s]....just kidding embarassed

Are you bad @ keeping a conversation going? Or is he?
Do you listen to him when he wants to talk?
I'm just trying to create reasons for his phone addiction.

Obviously he is an awesome man, who doesn't abuse you in any form. His change is recent, meaning something changed "recently" too.
Talk (not shout) to him, let him know gadgets can't give you both fond memories. He should talk to you, not random people he met on cyberspace.

The fact that he checks unclad pics is alarming. As much as I won't want to put the blame on you- neither do I want you to blame yourself. It could be his personal struggle not any of your fault. I would still suggest you show him some flesh. grin
*initiate fun s*xual activities.

Probably he is bored and getting the fun online.

You guys should create rules
E.g : no touching of phones when together. Etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Meringe(m): 5:55pm On Feb 08, 2015
My dear, you can't change him by force. My gf complained about it then that she even tagged be to be antisocial cos I don't socialize easily but always with my phone browsing, anyway, it nearly cost me my relationship but I stopped it eventually when my gf started being busy with her phone like me and I started complaining as she was doing.
Get busy with your own phone, he go run beg for attention.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
[s]lols.
Oya tell us his NL moniker so we can ban him. grin[/s]....just kidding embarassed

Obviously he is an awesome man, who doesn't abuse you in any form. His change is recent, meaning something changed "recently" too.
Talk (not shout) to him, let him know gadgets can't give you both fond memories. He should talk to you, not random people he met on cyberspace.

The fact that he checks unclad pics is alarming. As much as I won't want to put the blame on you- neither do I want you to blame yourself. It could be his personal struggle not any of your fault. I would still suggest you show him some flesh. grin

Small Mrs you got the wrong link. Please check my siggy again.thanks
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
[s]lols.
thanks a lot dear. I think dat rule thing will work. Thank U rili appr8 dis
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Meringe:
My dear, you can't change him by force. My gf complained about it then that she even tagged be to be antisocial cos I don't socialize easily but always with my phone browsing, anyway, it nearly cost me my relationship but I stopped it eventually when my gf started being busy with her phone like me and I started complaining as she was doing.
Get busy with your own phone, he go run beg for attention.
Yes I could av choose to be busy wt ma phone too bt am nt so addicted like him. I don't chat for long and all I do on nairaland is to check for any vacancies. But all d same, thanks for ur suggestion. U rili helped. God bless U
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Truckpusher(m): 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
[s]lols.

Quite impressive madam. kiss
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
Quite impressive madam. kiss
Thanks Sir.
This kind kiss ehn...am I safe? lipsrsealed
Are your lips pink? This one you dey push truck, you fit dey smoke weed kwa - for energy. grin

Ronie24:
thanks a lot dear. I think dat rule thing will work. Thank U rili appr8 dis
you welcome Ma'am wink
You can even fine him - with love o. I did that, made cool cash. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Truckpusher(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Thanks Sir.
This kind kiss ehn...am I safe? lipsrsealed
Are your lips pink? This one you dey push truck, you fit dey smoke weed kwa - for energy. grin

you welcome Ma'am wink
You can even fine him - with love o. I did that, made cool cash. grin
Lol, that's an innocent kiss karchi.

As for the weed, it's not for energy but for meditation. grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Meringe(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ronie24:
Yes I could av choose to be busy wt ma phone too bt am nt so addicted like him. I don't chat for long and all I do on nairaland is to check for any vacancies. But all d same, thanks for ur suggestion. U rili helped. God bless U
Uwc, u can be curious like him positively to keep your mind busy, browse what can add to your life. Read stuffs online apart from vacancies, you can changed your view on ur choice of career and become an entrepreneur. Get busy dear.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by zeezahbee(f): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2015
Dont be too aggressive about it. When you want to catch a thief, you behave like a thief. So just say ;

"Honey, you have a demanding job with difficult hours and I really appreciate the effort you put into it. I know I get frustrated when you have to take a call or respond to an urgent message from work but it's because I really look forward to spending time with you. If we could designate times when we both turned off our phones, I would feel much less frustrated and I could be more supportive. I really want us to enjoy our free time together and focus on each other and I know we could figure out something that works for both of us."

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2015
leave the man alone jor, No harm in his addiction

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Sunymoore(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2015
Hmm.. Be glad I'm not your husband
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2015
Meringe:

Uwc, u can be curious like him positively to keep your mind busy, browse what can add to your life. Read stuffs online apart from vacancies, you can changed your view on ur choice of career and become an entrepreneur. Get busy dear.
ok sir thank U
zeezahbee:
Dont be too aggressive about it. When you want to catch a thief, you behave like a thief. So just say ;
"Honey, you have a demanding job with difficult hours and I really appreciate the effort you put into it. I know I get frustrated when you have to take a call or respond to an urgent message from work but it's because I really look forward to spending time with you. If we could designate times when we both turned off our phones, I would feel much less frustrated and I could be more supportive. I really want us to enjoy our free time together and focus on each other and I know we could figure out something that works for both of us."
ok ma'am. Thank U for ur advise
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2015
Ignore him,he would come back to his senses.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by macklef(m): 10:29pm On Feb 08, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
[s]lols.

For ur ceramic mind u be marriage counsellor abi, or experienced house wife abi?
Smh

I like d bolded part sha. If d OP set, d man go smash him fone sef.
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 08, 2015
Break his phone and get him a nokia torchlight cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by temmym4(m): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2015
Dear sis, I understand your situation. guess what? Mine is complaining exactly of the same thing, trying to change though grin
The truth is I was a gadget addict before we met, meeting her changed everything and sometimes I dont even remember my devices for a whole day.
Then she started this new attitude of sleeping off throughout the day which normally gets me bored especially during the weekends when am home fully, complained about this a lot, she tried changing but sometimes nature is so hard to cheat, I just found out that I started gettin addicted to my gadgets again afterwards. the issue now is she has stopped the over-sleepin attitude but am just so into my stuffs. sad
Ask yourself, what do u really feel has changed in you that made him embrace his gadget? when you find out, just make sure you drop that and go back to your old self, then he will gradually leave his alternative love.. with time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Ronie24(f): 8:08am On Feb 09, 2015
temmym4:
Dear sis, I understand your situation. guess what? Mine is complaining exactly of the same thing, trying to change though grin
The truth is I was a gadget addict before we met, meeting her changed everything and sometimes I dont even remember my devices for a whole day.
Then she started this new attitude of sleeping off throughout the day which normally gets me bored especially during the weekends when am home fully, complained about this a lot, she tried changing but sometimes nature is so hard to cheat, I just found out that I started gettin addicted to my gadgets again afterwards. the issue now is she has stopped the over-sleepin attitude but am just so into my stuffs. sad
Ask yourself, what do u really feel has changed in you that made him embrace his gadget? when you find out, just make sure you drop that and go back to your old self, then he will gradually leave his alternative love.. with time.
AMEN I pray he does. Thanks and I will sure share wt u guys ma testimony.
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 09, 2015
Yawns............ undecided
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Adesiji77: 5:56am On Mar 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
Ignore him,he would come back to his senses.

@Ronie24: Don't do this because it may create more problems. A lot of practical suggestions have been offered above.

I want to emphasize that you should ascertain why he is getting attached to his phone. I see a communication disconnect here. Maybe he is no longer enjoying having conversations with you.

About the unclad pics, you need to have a frank, honest heart to heart talk with him. Find out what satisfaction he is deriving from them that you are not offering him. That may likely make him remorseful.

You need to act quickly on this before it escalates into something else.

Lastly, rekindle the 'fire'. Ladies sometimes take this for granted once they are settled in a man's home. Wish you the best.
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by Darteyyyy(m): 6:24am On Mar 15, 2015
Phone addiction is embarrassing, I wonder how you choose your virtual friends over someone right in front of you.

Op.... Pele sogbor

Open up to him and tell him you don't like it.... It's disrespecting.....

#if you have to compete for his attention....
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by SAMBARRY: 7:24am On Mar 15, 2015
Throw the phone inside water and feign its a domestic accident. EOD
Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by richyblink1(m): 10:53am On Mar 15, 2015
I don't think I have seen anyone so addicted to his/her phone and gadgets like me. Could remember my better half complaining about it to no avail. Friends and colleagues equally complain a lot about my phone addiction.
It is so worst that I will be talking with a customer and be pressing my phone. In fact, as I type this right now I am at the balcony pressing my phone because there is bad network reception since yesterday.

Solution:
Study your husband to discover his weakness/soft spot for you. That works like maghic whenever madam needs my attention.

She will just pretend to be crying knowing that I can bluff all her tactics but not her tears. I will just quickly log off and hand over the phone to her till we are done with meals or discussions as the case maybe. Then she will happily hand back my device to me with smile.

My dear, when it comes to union and marriage, wisdom is the key. Exploit his weakness in a positive way, you can't help but laugh at the speed he will become humble just to put a smile on his soulmate's face.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Cope With My Phone Addicting Husband? by alagba333(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2017
richyblink1:
I don't think I have seen anyone so addicted to his/her phone and gadgets like me. Could remember my better half complaining about it to no avail. Friends and colleagues equally complain a lot about my phone addiction.
It is so worst that I will be talking with a customer and be pressing my phone. In fact, as I type this right now I am at the balcony pressing my phone because there is bad network reception since yesterday.

Solution:
Study your husband to discover his weakness/soft spot for you. That works like maghic whenever madam needs my attention.

She will just pretend to be crying knowing that I can bluff all her tactics but not her tears. I will just quickly log off and hand over the phone to her till we are done with meals or discussions as the case maybe. Then she will happily hand back my device to me with smile.

My dear, when it comes to union and marriage, wisdom is the key. Exploit his weakness in a positive way, you can't help but laugh at the speed he will become humble just to put a smile on his soulmate's face.

Good advise. I neeed to watch it too.... Am as guilty as well

(1) (Reply)

A Man Slept Off While Driving On The Road For Two Hours In Surulere / Nairaland, Advice Needed: His Wife Named Their Son After Her First Love. / Please How Can I Live Peacefully With My Stubborn Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.