Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread (36160 Views)

A Nairalander And His Girlfriend Win Lumia Phones From Nokia (Photos) / What Exactly Do People Do With Their Lumia Phones?? / All Elephone Smart Phones Discussion Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by lanre316: 10:27am On Mar 17, 2015
obosirow:
I am an android fan as well as windows. Both devices are cool.
My question is, what do you want in a phone? Sincerely answering this question will help you in making you choices of platform. Windows is 'new' and still building it's fan base. In the near future, more developers will write apps for windows that will give you legacy control over your phone just like rooting on android does.
My instinct tells me that most Nigerians who are complaining are doing so because they can't tweak the phone yet to their choosing like they do on android. Soon all that will be possible on windows phone. Be patient.

You're very very correct!

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by curvievixen(f): 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
I'm so pissed right now and frustrated,I need urgent help pls,bought the fucking Nokia lumia 535 dual sim and I bought 1GB data through MTN data share but I can't do jack on the phone. I was lucky to log into my yahoomail,everything else has been pretty hard. I've called the customer care line and I've done the configurations but nothing works. Pls help!!!!
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2015
curvievixen:
I'm so pissed right now and frustrated,I need urgent help pls,bought the fucking Nokia lumia 535 dual sim and I bought 1GB data through MTN data share but I can't do jack on the phone. I was lucky to log into my yahoomail,everything else has been pretty hard. I've called the customer care line and I've done the configurations but nothing works. Pls help!!!!

Restart the device. Mine works well. Check your internet 3g setting and make sure 3g is enabled.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by mayordadon(m): 12:03am On Mar 20, 2015
obosirow:

Restart the device. Mine works well. Check your internet 3g setting and make sure 3g is enabled.
av u played fifa15 on this device if yes aow was it?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by amicableSavage: 1:26am On Mar 20, 2015
hey friends. how's yr gaming experience? which is d best game 2've
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 20, 2015
curvievixen:
Hi,have u been able to rectify ur prob...cos i would advice u restart ur phone ...then go to the internet explorer ...try to check if it connects....have u been using the phone for a while and am yet to have any prob with it.....

and also make sure u do manual settings
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 20, 2015
amicableSavage:
hey friends. how's yr gaming experience? which is d best game 2've
Gaming experience is pretty great....it can also play HD games and movies
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 10:16am On Mar 20, 2015
mayordadon:
av u played fifa15 on this device if yes aow was it?

I played Asphalt 8 and i must say that it's gyro appears more precise than that on my galaxy mega. I enjoy it more on 535 as I can handle my vehicle better.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by mayordadon(m): 11:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
kallmemrB:
why can't u download apps in the stored also u may need WiFi for those large games..., I use etisalat data share subscription on my dual SIM ...but I think The mtn 4.5gb i
bro plx can u explain all wifi is all about
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 23, 2015
mayordadon:
bro plx can u explain all wifi is all about
honestly I don't know the best way to explain wifi to u

Wi-Fi (or, incorrectly but commonly, WiFi) is a local area wireless technology that allows an electronic device to participate in computer networking using 2.4 GHz UHF and 5 GHz SHF ISM radio bands.

The Wi-Fi Alliance defines Wi-Fi as any "wireless local area network" (WLAN) product based on the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers' (IEEE) 802.11 standards".[1] However, the term "Wi-Fi" is used in general English as a synonym for "WLAN" since most modern WLANs are based on these standards. "Wi-Fi" is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. The "Wi-Fi CERTIFIED" trademark can only be used by Wi-Fi products that successfully complete Wi-Fi Alliance interoperability certification testing.

Many devices can use Wi-Fi, e.g. personal computers, video-game consoles, smartphones, digital cameras, tablet computers and digital audio players. These can connect to a network resource such as the Internet via a wireless network access point. Such an access point (or hotspot) has a range of about 20 meters (66 feet) indoors and a greater range outdoors. Hotspot coverage can comprise an area as small as a single room with walls that block radio waves, or as large as many square kilometres achieved by using multiple overlapping access points.

How Wi-Fi Works
Wi-Fi works with no physical wired connection between sender and receiver by using radio frequency (RF) technology, a frequency within the electromagnetic spectrum associated with radio wave propagation. When an RF current is supplied to an antenna, an electromagnetic field is created that then is able to propagate through space.
The cornerstone of any wireless network is an access point (AP). The primary job of an access point is to broadcast a wireless signal that computers can detect and "tune" into. In order to connect to an access point and join a wireless network, computers and devices must be equipped with wireless network

Wi-Fi Support
Wi-Fi is supported by many applications and devices including video game consoles, home networks, PDAs, mobile phones, major operating systems, and other types of consumer electronics. Any products that are tested and approved as "Wi-Fi Certified" (a registered trademark) by the Wi-Fi Alliance are certified as interoperable with each other, even if they are from different manufacturers. For example, a user with a Wi-Fi Certified product can use any brand of access point with any other brand of client hardware that also is also "Wi-Fi Certified". Products that pass this certification are required to carry an identifying seal on their packaging that states "Wi-Fi Certified" and indicates the radio frequency band used (2.5GHz for 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n, and 5GHz for 802.11a).
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by oyekunle1: 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2015
does this device supports 3G only?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by amicableSavage: 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
no o, it has 2G also
oyekunle1:
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by amicableSavage: 10:56am On Apr 06, 2015
hey guys. i also noticed something off about this device. it does not play HD videos smoothly instead it stutters. also you can not customise ringtones or notification tones, you'll have to use the default tones of the phone which sucks
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by lanre316: 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
amicableSavage:
hey guys. i also noticed something off about this device. it does not play HD videos smoothly instead it stutters
It's not an HD display phone. It's a low end phone. Any video quality higher than 480p may not play properly on it. If you like watching videos in HD, get a more expensive HD phone or otherwise make do with medium to low quality videos.

also you can not customise ringtones or notification tones, you'll have to use the default tones of the phone which sucks
There's a reason why people love Android phones above iPhones and Windows phones and that is CUSTOMISABILITIES and TWEAKABILITIES. You can't change some things on your phone like you can do on Android. If you love to customize your phone's tones etc etc to exactly your taste, then maybe Windows phone is not for you.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Elxandre(m): 12:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
amicableSavage:
hey guys. i also noticed something off about this device. it does not play HD videos smoothly instead it stutters. also you can not customise ringtones or notification tones, you'll have to use the default tones of the phone which sucks
Download ringtone maker to use your own songs as ringtones.
Use moliplayer for videos.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by chrisair101: 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oppps guyyyyyy d device is @it again oh. I tried connecting my window 535 with a PC through USB cable, it was just installing for minutes and later displayed. "can't install device driver" abeg hw do
we go abt dis..
Note. Av tried it in more than one system
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 08, 2015
oyekunle1:
yes the new update supports only 3G but it can only support 3G for one network on the dual 535
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 08, 2015
chrisair101:
Oppps guyyyyyy d device is @it again oh. I tried connecting my window 535 with a PC through USB cable, it was just installing for minutes and later displayed. "can't install device driver" abeg hw do
we go abt dis..
Note. Av tried it in more than one system
download USB connectivity driver...this prob is common in windows 7-xp
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2015
lanre316:
It's not an HD display phone. It's a low end phone. Any video quality higher than 480p may not play properly on it. If you like watching videos in HD, get a more expensive HD phone or otherwise make do with medium to low quality videos.

There's a reason why people love Android phones above iPhones and Windows phones and that is CUSTOMISABILITIES and TWEAKABILITIES. You can't change some things on your phone like you can do on Android. If you love to customize your phone's tones etc etc to exactly your taste, then maybe Windows phone is not for you.

you can do anything u want if u like on Windows phone.....u can customize or stuffss

I would advice everyone to update their phone...the new update has no glitch ir typing error.....its in perfecto
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 08, 2015
amicableSavage:
download Ringtone Maker and VLC/moli player for HD video.....the phone video player also plays HD movies perfectly but it will be in medium screen view
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Damolaonthemic: 12:37am On Apr 12, 2015
Nokialumia720:
ok. tell me your lumia 535 user expirience. The touchscreen issue, what are ur most usefull apps. How does opera browser and bbm work on ur lumia compared to android.
it's been terrible from day one! immediately I left slot and as I was operating it the screen was malfunctioning.
I can't use the phone in the sun cos my hands will be a bit damp.
I can't use it in my room or the hostel cos of heat
I can't use it if there is no fan or ac blowing me and the phone
playing games like dream league and fifa is a total disaster because you'll try to turn the analogue some times it won't turn or it won't pass or shoot
if I don't have a small towel around I can't use it cos I have to clean my hands and the phone screen regularly
I can't use it In a bus cos dust must not be on the screen
if you want to unlock your phone it is wahala you'll have to clean it because if you press 1 it will press 96 at random for you or any other number because any little moist will make the screen malfunction. so you have to clean the screen thoroughly every minute

The only solution to the screen issues is to buy a local screen protector which doesn't fit perfectly cos lumia 535 screen guard isn't out. when using the protector too you can't enjoy your games. thats my only and bitter problem with this phone.
I updated the phone thinking the screen issues will stop it did not stop at all.
I regret buying this phone. it's so embarrassing
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Damolaonthemic: 12:46am On Apr 12, 2015
kallmemrB:
to be honest..some things abt this phone is better than android version...

Facebook app is alot better,instagram app is amazing...BBM is just ok maybe on same per.....

The ucweb and opera is amazing than the ordinary ucweb/opera of android but the HD versions on android is better

I don't know why people complain abt the screen cos my screen is perfectly ok,no lagging or stuffs

The only very minor prob i notice is the keyboard prob but I do correct that by hiding the nav bar

Skype,Viber is better on here but android true caller I better

Window web browser is the best ,thousand times better than android

Though apps here are expensive but u can get some amazing ones for free

The window interface is amazing,alot better than android ...check on the pic below I have over 30apps on my start screen...imagine having all this on an android screen

The music and video quality are superb

Selfie is easier to take but they lack zooming in 535 but u can use camera 360 it has all those qualities

The battery is amazing...not over heating like the androids esp... Samsung,htc,infinix

you're really lucky my screen is the useless. I just wasted my money on the phone.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Damolaonthemic: 12:50am On Apr 12, 2015
kallmemrB:
download Ringtone Maker and VLC/moli player for HD video.....the phone video player also plays HD movies perfectly but it will be in medium screen view
download ring tone maker from the store
or connect your phone to a computer, open Ringtone folder in phone memory and drop which ever song you want. go to settings to pick ring tone you'll see the song there.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Damolaonthemic:

you're really lucky my screen is the useless. I just wasted my money on the phone.
try to update it asap,it will get alot better even without screen guard,the new update has corrected some of the keyboard error
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 11:35am On Apr 12, 2015
You are right. Microsoft is sensitive to this complains and they are ever willing to fix any bug. Ensure to report bugs to them and they'll get a fix for it. There's no software without bugs so don't take it out on Microsoft. grin
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by biztycoons(f): 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
kallmemrB:
the crazy thing is Lumia 520 with 512 ram is 21k and this with 535 with 1G ram is 24k while 625 with 512ram 4.7inches is 37k.....

Microsoft windows phone...pls how do I subscribe for airtel 1 month subscription on this phone...pls what code will I send to what code and will I need to do any settings or not pls help me out.
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 14, 2015
biztycoons:

Microsoft windows phone...pls how do I subscribe for airtel 1 month subscription on this phone...pls what code will I send to what code and will I need to do any settings or not pls help me out.
*141*1# and subscribe for the android plan....u can use the auto settings or create apn manually
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by biztycoons(f): 10:59am On Apr 14, 2015
kallmemrB:
*141*1# and subscribe for the android plan....u can use the auto settings or create apn manually
Tanx bro...I really appreciate
But can I also use airtel BIS plan on the microsorft phone ?
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by obosirow: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2015
biztycoons:

you should. if it works in a modem, it will work in your lumia
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by biztycoons(f): 7:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
obosirow:

you should. if it works in a modem, it will work in your lumia

Tanx so much bro...I really appreciate
Re: Microsoft Lumia 535,535 Dual And All Lumia Phones Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
biztycoons:

yes but send JOIN to 141 asap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Mobile Data Do You Use And What Do You Pay For It? / Which Network Is Making Free Midnight Call Now?? Help Out.. / What You Never Knew About The Original Creators Of Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.