Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria (3243 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Jonathan To Blame For Fuel Scarcity Says Lai Mohammed / Why Obasanjo Attacks Jonathan – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 09, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s]This is what Obasanjo has turned Nigeria into. Nigeria is drifting towards civil war. I don't wish for war but we are few feet away from civil war. It is the truth we have to live with. Don't let us deceive ourselves anymore because this country is currently on the edge. I know a particular section of this country are nothing but anarchists who are hell bent on dividing this country are the ones rooting for Jonathan to continue his lawlessness because it favors their balkanization agenda. We cannot escape an impending bloodshed in Nigeria. I lay the blame on Obasanjo's footstep. It was Obasanjo who forced this militant of a president on us. How did Obasanjo and Nigerians let Jonathan deceive them into believing he is a democratic man? You look at Jonathan and you can see deception on display. You look at Jonathan and you can see green snake under the green grass. You look at Jonathan you can see a man full of deceit.

I have said it many times that Jonathan is a militant himself right from his days in Bayelsa State. Jonathan has funded many bombings and atrocities in Bayelsa before. Jonathan has been sympathetic to militancy for many many years. He is the one behind this Boko Haram menace for political reason. According to General Sani Abacha, "no insurgency in a country is planned to last a month. If it lasts a month, the head of the government of that country is behind it," i.e government has the means and power to crush any insurgency that springs up in a short period of time the insurgency starts but if it continues unchecked, the government is behind it for its own gain. We have seen insurgencies before and Buhari crushed the dreaded Maitasine within days. Shagari regime did the same thing with Buhari as military officer in the region at the time. Jonathan has been supporting and arming militants in the Niger Delta right from his days in Bayelsa. He knows inner operation of these militants. It is on records that Jonathan visited the creeks without security on many occasion as Deputy Governor and Governor of Bayelsa State. He also visited the creek during Yar'Adua administration few times without security details. Despite all these facts, why would Obasanjo trust the security of Nigeria in the hands of Jonathan and his killing crew? The militants listen to him and do the blackmailing of Jonathan's opponents in the Niger Delta. Jonathan is the father figure for these militants the same way Osama Bin Laden is the spiritual leader to Islamic terrorists.

What has Jonathan been doing all this while that a week to the election he came out against holding election due to so called "security concern". If you all listened to his wife speech at Bayelsa few days ago, you would have seen that Jonathan is fighting to remain in power for the rest of his life. Jonathan is not planning to leave power for the next twenty years. He is power drunk and ready to burn down the country to achieve this. The plot to stay in power for decades started when he was sworn-in in 2011. Jonathan wanted a one term of 6 years tenure after the first term of 4 years. He made the announcement from presidential palace of another tyrant in Cameroun in Paul Biya who has stayed in power for over three decades. This was the moment Jonathan showed his true color and Nigerians should have known but many failed to realize this at the time.

Go into an agreement with Jonathan at your own peril. The man has never fulfilled any promise or agreement with anyone in his life. How do you trust a man with a wife at home who has four children from four other women? I expect another scenario close to March 28 when they shall tell us that security in the country cannot permit election to hold. I hate to break it to all of you. Jonathan is not going to allow himself to be defeated in a free and fair election. This election can never be rigged. Jega has perfected this non rigging scheme that PDP has not been able to decode it. The inability to decode this non rigging scheme of Jega was the reason for delay of election. The delay was to borrow some time. There won't be election on March 28. Jonathan and his fellow rogues won't allow themselves to be tried for massive corruption. A desperate man always make stupid mistakes. Jonathan is a desperate man who is ready to do anything to stay in power and avoid to be humiliated for stealing money.

I expect Jonathan to make a lot of hasty decisions that will set this country on fire in the coming weeks. The man is watching is back and hasn't been sleeping well. His public appearances in the last two weeks can attest to that. Jonathan is a worried man today than he was two months ago. I expect another Lawrence Gbagbo or Samuel Doe scenario to happen to Jonathan because his advisers have advised him they are with him in this fight. If Jonathan goes down fighting, I expect him to be killed eventually after so many Nigerians must have died and maimed. If Jonathan decides to hold a free and fair election, he would be hailed as an hero and be forgiven for his misgiven.

I hope he comes to his senses before it is too late.

When it is all said and done, Obasanjo must take the blame for this mess[/s].

The main reason why I will vote for GEJ is to make a statement. 2015 is about making a point in this country and we must drive that point home even if the gates of hell are opened. The message we must drive into some thick skulls is that Nigeria belongs to all of us. No tribe is born-to-rule while others are born to siddon dey look.

There must be fairness, equity and justice in this country. Power MUST go round if we are truly one Nigeria. Why must a particular group of people continue to terrorize the rest of the nation when they are not in power?

When OBJ, a southerner was in power, they declared Sharia law and caused a series of very violent riots in the north which led to the death of many southerners and northern Christian.

As soon as Jonathan, another Southerner took over government, boko haram which was previously a rag tag group suddenly transforms into a mighty fighting force, blasting churches to pieces, killing innocent Nigerians and recently seizing towns and abducting our women.

The question is why is it that we cannot have peace when the people from Futa Jalon are not in power?

Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again. let me say this loud and clear, the best for Buhari is that he will end up as president of arewastan and maybe Odua republic but Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

Dive-Bomber.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by MalcoImX: 10:59am On Feb 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

The main reason why I will vote for GEJ is to make a statement. 2015 is about making a point in this country and we must drive that point home even if the gates of hell are opened. The message we must drive into some thick skulls is that Nigeria belongs to all of us. No tribe is born-to-rule while others are born to siddon dey look.

Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again. let me say this loud and clear, the best for Buhari is that he will end up as president of arewastan and maybe Odua republic but Buhari will NEVER rule Nigeria again.

Dive-Bomber.
As you make your statements allow others to make theirs too. Leading Nigeria is for people with national outlook not regional champions and bigots. As for Buhari not ruling Nigeria neither he, nor you and I can tell, because nobody knows tomorrow. The only difference is that is that unlike you who don't care about the nation burning with your ambitions, Buhari will take it as it comes – knowing fully it is God that gives and takes. Your type always makes me remember those ones who can predict all calamities and catastrophes under the sun but couldn't see their immediate structures tumbling down.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by EMANY01(m): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

There must be fairness, equity and justice in this country. Power MUST go round if we are truly one Nigeria. Why must a particular group of people continue to terrorize the rest of the nation when they are not in power?

When OBJ, a southerner was in power, they declared Sharia law and caused a series of very violent riots in the north which led to the death of many southerners and northern Christian.

As soon as Jonathan, another Southerner took over government, boko haram which was previously a rag tag group suddenly transforms into a mighty fighting force, blasting churches to pieces, killing innocent Nigerians and recently seizing towns and abducting our women.

The question is why is it that we cannot have peace when the people from Futa Jalon are not in power?

Dive-Bomber.

Bless you jorr
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
As you make your statements allow others to make theirs too. Leading Nigeria is for people with national outlook not regional champions and bigots. As for Buhari not ruling Nigeria neither he, nor you and I can tell, because nobody knows tomorrow. The only difference is that is that unlike you who don't care about the nation burning with your ambitions, Buhari will take it as it comes – knowing fully it is God that gives and takes. Your type always makes me remember those ones who can predict all calamities and catastrophes under the sun but couldn't see their immediate structures tumbling down.

Did you just write that buhari will take it as it comes See his people down there.

Buhari was angry when Soldiers began killing boko haram fighters and described it as a fight against the north! shocked shocked

Yes, God gives power to whoever He pleases and I don't think He has chosen buhari. undecided undecided

BTW, did you read the points I raised?

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2015
EMANY01:

Bless you jorr

God bless you too. Notice how those that have sold their brains out to buhari out of some kind of zombie-like follower-ship are insulting me without addressing the issues I raised.
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by MalcoImX: 11:54am On Feb 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Did you just write that buhari will take it as it comes See his people down there.

Buhari was angry when Soldiers began killing boko haram fighters and described it as a fight against the north! shocked shocked

Yes, God gives power to whoever He pleases and I don't think He has chosen buhari. undecided undecided

BTW, did you read the points I raised?
You don't have any points raised. Taking it as it comes also means knowing what you can control and what you can't. It's not even about Buhari if you don't know. It's about your types who are okay with the status quo, just because somebody from my religion, region or tribe is there and those of us who want good governance. And I bet nothing accrues to you other than those instinctual feelings. It's not surprising. You are known, and you are behaving to type.

1 Like

Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2015
MalcoImX:
You don't have any points raised. Taking it as it comes also means knowing what you can control and what you can't. It's not even about Buhari if you don't know. It's about your types who are okay with the status quo, just because somebody from my religion, region or tribe is there and those of us who want good governance. And I bet nothing accrues to you other than those instinctual feelings. It's not surprising. You are known, and you are behaving to type.

@ bolded, keep deceiving yourself and enjoy your folly. wink
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
EMANY01:

You guys should make up your minds abeg.
Is Jonathan weak ,spineless and daft as you have all claimed from the day he became Acting President or is he a mastermind,bold strong and decisive .

My confusion stems from the fact that this write up attributes both personalities to him.

In na clueless abi in na sharp man.

All of a sudden Abacha has become a standard for truth about governance.
Nothing wey my ear/eye no go hear/read for Nairaland.
they are just ton confused
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
if you like threaten fire and brimstone.The fact remains that GEJ will rule till 2019.Nobody has amonopoly over violence so better be warned
Re: WHY Obasanjo Must Take The Blame For The Political Quagmire In Nigeria by MalcoImX: 12:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

@ bolded, keep deceiving yourself and enjoy your folly. wink
Let's end it this way: You are satisfied with what's happening now in the country and I am not. Let everybody enjoy his 'folly.'

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Generals Lead Battle As Effort To Capture Shekau Heightens..Picture / Breaking News: Massive Protests In Akwa Ibom / Endtimes Church! Pastor Makes Female Members Strip During Church Service (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.