Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,850 members, 7,844,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari (716 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / I Support The Struggle For The Independence Of Palestine – Senator Sani Shehu / Deadlock As INEC Recs Give Jega Conditions For Poll Shift - PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by nigerianewsbeat(m): 7:26am On Feb 09, 2015
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.), on sunday said that the whole process that led to INEC being forced to shift the general elections in Nigeria by six-weeks has been exposed as a crude and fraudulent attempt to subvert the electoral process.

He said, “Following the decision by INEC to postpone the 2015 general elections by six weeks, I wish to appeal for utmost restraint and calm by all Nigerians, especially the teeming supporters of our great party, the APC.

“This postponement, which comes on the heels of the bogey of the NSA that half of the registered voters were being disenfranchised, was exposed as a crude and fraudulent attempt to subvert the electoral process.

Buhari, who admitted to the feelings of disappointment and frustration by the very actions of INEC, however cautioned his supporters to remain calm and not take actions that would further endanger and hit up the polity.

“As a Nigerian and a presidential candidate in the elections, I share in the disappointment and frustration of this decision. This postponement, coming a week to the first election, has raised so many questions, many of which shall be asked in the days ahead. However, we must not allow ourselves to be tempted into taking actions that could further endanger the democratic process.

“The PDP administration has now engineered a postponement using the threat that security will not be guaranteed across the length and breadth of Nigeria because of military engagement in some states in the North-East.

Buhari noted that a possible implication of the decision by INEC to shift general elections is that the independence of INEC has been gravely compromised.

He said, “It is important to note that although INEC acted within its constitutional powers, it is clear that it has been boxed into a situation where it has had to bow to pressure. Thus, the independence of INEC has been gravely compromised.”

“Our country is going through a difficult time in the hands of terrorists. Any act of violence can only complicate the security challenges in the country and provide further justification for those who would want to exploit every situation to frustrate the democratic process in the face of certain defeat at the polls.

“If anything, this postponement should strengthen our resolve and commitment to rescue our country from the current economic and social collapse from this desperate band. Our desire for change must surpass their desperation to hold on to power at all cost.”

http://www.newsbeatportal.com/2015/02/2015-elections-independence-of-inec-has.html
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by Faibuhari: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2015
I'm waiting for your dogs and baboons that will soak in blood, serial loser

2 Likes

Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by nigerianewsbeat(m): 7:34am On Feb 09, 2015
Faibuhari:
I'm waiting for your dogs and baboons that will soak in blood, serial loser
*confused* honestly, I am struggling to decipher what you mean.
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by vjsmiles: 7:42am On Feb 09, 2015

Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by Skako(m): 8:04am On Feb 09, 2015
Tanx my governor

buhari is ok
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by lacasa: 8:05am On Feb 09, 2015
True Talk Mr. President

We r behind you 100%
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by Day169: 8:13am On Feb 09, 2015
The PDP govt has now begun to make IBB look like a saint!
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by nigerianewsbeat(m): 8:20am On Feb 09, 2015
Day169:
The PDP govt has now begun to make IBB look like a saint!
wow!!! You have a very big point here!!!
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by fleet7(m): 8:27am On Feb 09, 2015
buhari is a hypocrite.He should have thought of that before jega rigged the election in his favour by creating artificial way of disfranchising elegible voters the game is up Apc.
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by ebbie9ja(m): 8:30am On Feb 09, 2015
Cattle Rearer
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by Truth24(m): 8:31am On Feb 09, 2015
I wonder how he does pronounce all these big grammars
Must be a sight to behold!
#GejUnstopable
Re: Poll Shift: The Independence Of INEC Has Been Gravely Compromised, Says Buhari by nigerianewsbeat(m): 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2015
Truth24:
I wonder how he does pronounce all these big English
Must be a sight to behold!
#GejUnstopable
na wa

(1) (Reply)

We Killed Our Youth Leader In Revenge - Confessed Dey Bam Cult Member (PHOTOS) / Jonathan's Aide, Omokri Burglarizes House In Delta, Carts Away N25million / New York Times Slams President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.