Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. (1392 Views)

I'm Beginning To Think My New Boyfriend Is Gay... / 7 Tips To Help Nigerian Men Understand, Date And Enjoy A Lady Above 30!! / 14 Differences Between The Girl You Date And The Woman You Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2009
I dont know if its me, or if its the way my brain is wired but everytime a boy I fancy shows a slight interest in me, I start hearing wedding bells. Ive just been asked out on a date with this really cute guy ive been eyeing for a while. Its just drinks/coffee but here I am already goin on the fast forward. Is it just me, are there other people out there that go through this?
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by H2O2: 9:53am On Jan 02, 2009
What slow your roll bebeto
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Choco(f): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2009
Wells it happens especially when you are getting to a 'certain' age. Its normal however, showing it to the man can make him run away cos he'll see you as desperate. besides the pressure of marriage might scare him off.

Just take things easy,enjoy the dating ritual and allow time to 'tell'.

Cheers
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by topup: 12:44pm On Jan 02, 2009
Funnily enough, I used to be like that when I was younger, but now I don't hear wedding bells until he's made a significant impact on me. I think it simply depends on how much you like a guy.

I think when guys realise that most women see marriage as a positive thing, then they'd be a lot less scared. She's not trying to trap you, she is merely so infatuated and moved by you that she can't help but wonder what a future would be like with you. .  I think.

Unless she secretly wants to be a wedding planner.
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by okpunor(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2009
It's only normal for you to buid fantasies about your ideals.But at thesame time do not love to blindfold you.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Encomium(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2009
Sisi, please kindly take it easy and let it be one step at a time. Ok?
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by thimbook2(m): 4:29pm On Jan 02, 2009
grin may not mean much but ya gotta be careful though because it may be an indication that under the surface, you're a bit worried about your single status and that's not good, because it makes you vulnerable, ok?

so, please ease off on that gas pedal now, will ya!
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by JJYOU: 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2009
calm down
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by whitelexi(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2009
People like this scare me away. . . Fast!
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by omega25red(m): 10:12pm On Jan 02, 2009
you are allowed to have such thoughts but you would have to slow down enough to get to know your date. At least get his last name before you jump the broom. Also you should never come off being deperate for love because people would take advantage of you.
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2009
take it easy. Wedding bells ke?
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by tope2000(f): 10:19pm On Jan 02, 2009
Stop have wedding expectations whenever u start a relationship. enjoy it not scare him away undecided
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by OutlukBabe(f): 10:22pm On Jan 02, 2009
yeh I do feels dat too. Infact, why should he even start dating me if he hasnt got marriage in his mind? We are just decieving each other by pretending. If it is short term friendship and sex he has, then u should say it from the begining, and if he is expecting the relationship to result in marriage he should say it. I dont like all these pretext.
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by sillyboy(m): 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2009
whitelexi:

People like this scare me away. . . Fast!

You bet.

@ OP.

If its thinking, its still manageable. . . .as long as u dont talk abt it with em.
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2009
Atleast you date them first. . . .I just have to see across the street, then I hear jingle [/i]bells.

[i]ah, that was a joke tongue
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by sillyboy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2009
*Toyinrayo:

Atleast you date them first. . . .I just have to see across the street, then I hear jingle [/i]bells.

[i]ah, that was a joke tongue

Lol. . .this is funny. . . .
You must have bn married like a million times in your head.
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by scottN(m): 11:20pm On Jan 02, 2009
@Poster
I think u r kinda desperate 4 marriage which is very very dangerous. U need 2 let it flow and at d same time think with ur head and not ur heart,
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 02, 2009
@topic
Please dear, try not to get too excited o embarassed
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 03, 2009
Wierd huh, I think there must be something wrong with me. Never felt like this till I came home. Only 23 but yet Im feeling the pressure.
Damn this naija society!!
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by tope2000(f): 12:27am On Jan 03, 2009
BabeX:

Wierd huh, I think there must be something wrong with me. Never felt like this till I came home. Only 23 but yet I'm feeling the pressure.
Damn this naija society!!

At 23, u shudnt be feeling the pressure yet
I think its just u being You undecided
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by dyabman(m): 12:31am On Jan 03, 2009
there isnt any pressure there if u ya mind is settled already then u go down with it
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by netotse(m): 2:49am On Jan 03, 2009
@babex
nothing do u jo!, its wot u do with the feeling that counts(its kinda like wanting to try er type of eyeshadow, ders nothing wrong as long as u dont actually go trying all of dem out, makes sense?)

ur 23 for crying out loud! tick tock tick tock (my guess is ur yoruba abi?---this is common among yoruba gels welllllll sorta)
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Nobody: 2:59am On Jan 03, 2009
netotse:

@babex
nothing do u jo!, its wot u do with the feeling that counts(its kind of like wanting to try er type of eyeshadow, ders nothing wrong as long as u don't actually go trying all of them out, makes sense?)

ur 23 for crying out loud! tick tock tick tock (my guess is ur yoruba abi?---this is common among yoruba gels welllllll sorta)

Yeah u guessed right. We love parties, its wierd but when my mum introduces me to her friends some of them smile and then say " ah ko ni pe marry" its like their eyes are gleaming with the thought of, rice, aso ebi or another owambe party. Its probably all of the above,
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by netotse(m): 3:28am On Jan 03, 2009
@babex
der u have it, . . . u're subconsciously being affected by dem yarns(i knew i shlda read psychology instead of engineering grin ) why if i might say so myself i've been in your shoes(nope not having my mom introducing me as her soon-to-be-married son) sha enjoy u're dates, u might also find consolation in the fact that u'll prolly end up not marrying in the next one year(i mean how many married 23 year olds are there in yorubaland?)unless of crse u decide to accept sillyboi's offer
Re: He Askes Me Out On A First Date And I Start To Think Of Marriage. by Youngpo413: 4:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
OutlukBabe: yeh I do feels dat too. Infact, why should he even start dating me if he hasnt got marriage in his mind? We are just decieving each other by pretending. If it is short term friendship and sex he has, then u should say it from the begining, and if he is expecting the relationship to result in marriage he should say it. I dont like all these pretext.

ladies and marriage
na wao

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Start?(old Classmate). / So Painful,all My Sacrifice Just Got Wasted!!! / Girls Only: How To Identify Mr Wrong!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.