Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:58 PM

Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? (1094 Views)

Can Somebody Please Enlighten Me On What I Stand To Gain From FG Subsidy Removal / Some Weapons Re-Captured From Boko Haram By The Army (Photo) / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by erad(m): 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2015
Note: The following is my personal opinion, counter-opinions and rebuttals will be welcomed and appreciated.

In the beginning was Boko Haram and the present administration wasted no time in attributing its existence and sponsorship to the opposition. They claimed the opposition was trying to make the country ungovernable. I never believed that textbook-inspired story but many Nigerians did. I didn't believe because the opposition can't be that stupid and obvious and if there was any iota of truth in the accusations, why were they not being arrested, investigated and duly prosecuted? Again, the genesis of Boko Haram far preceded the creation of the major opposition party.

I noticed a trend in the time of bomb blasts and related attacks, the major ones mostly occurred when the government's activities were becoming obvious and questionable (I'll come up with a listing of that later). I learnt at that period that this administration practiced a government of distraction. Their agent of distraction was Boko Haram. The attacks shifted attention from whatever was the raging issue at hand unto the victims of the attacks and its degree of brutality in comparison to the last.

Again the government confirmed my fears when it used the same Boko Haram situation to arm-twist INEC into postponing the general elections previously slated for February to March.

My question has and will always be, who stands to gain more from the existence of Boko Haram? The government or the opposition?
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Seun(m): 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
Boko Haram is the only organization that stands to gain from Boko Haram at this point. Baseless conspiracy theories are not helpful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by mperoakeem(m): 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
op, ur head Dey there....
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by mysyto(m): 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
It didnt dawn on me that election postponement is a big issue until my inbox was jammed and my phone didnt stop ringing all night. Three people said they vomitted. Well, let me tell you that this is just the beginning, get yourself ready for more setbacks!

The following message has been going round, no smoke without fire!

"Gov Mimiko's brother Prof Mimiko the Vice Chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba in Ondo State has been penciled down by the presidency to take over from Prof Jega if he is frustrated out of office as inec boss. Professor Mimiko is ready to play ball in favour of PDP whichever way the election may go. Nigerians, be vigilant you are duly informed and warned accordingly"!
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by midolian(m): 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2015
My broda, I tire o..who else if not the traitors in GOVERNMENT

I jst mentioned some minutes ago that the biggest revelation Nigerians will get is that the GEJ's army is the strength of boko haram if not bokoharam itself..

The Nigeria army is now privatized..it should now be called GEJ's army because the Nigerian army i knw is a respected one, the one that can be recommended for peace keeping anytime..unlike the GEJ army we have now that can't even safeguard their barracks..its no more surprising that they ve not bn able to rescue our girls for more than 200dayz now..its no more surprising they came out to deny having Buhari's certificate..its no more surprsing that the WEAK terrorist group called boko haram is yet to be tamed t date..

I wonder the kinda sin Nigerians have commited to deserve a punishment as GEJ
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
I will tell u!
Its the ALL PROGRESSIVE CONFIDENCE... APC
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Seun(m): 2:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
All these lies need to stop. GEJ is not plotting a coup.
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
shikaan:
I will tell u!
Its the ALL PROGRESSIVE CONFIDENCE... APC

You need thorough waterboarding to calibrate your dead brain - Orangutan!

1 Like

Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
Zoharariel:

y r u cursing me now?
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2015
Seun:
Boko Haram is the only organization that stands to gain from Boko Haram at this point. Baseless conspiracy theories are not helpful.
oga seun,when I always read that u suPport gej's administration to the core,I use to dispel such rumour that u are neutral in this so call political things...but u just confirmed their allegations against u..now 8am on saturday morning,more soldiers that have ever seen in my life was deployed in lagos,I never knew it was because of what jega was about to announce! How could pdp possibly know election will be shifted by 6weeks? And why deploy that much soldier when we don't have a war going on in lagos? I don hear say banning person na ur hobby,na wetin dem talk o,am not scared of being banned,I go still dey visit as a guest.

3 Likes

Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by ellechrystal(f): 3:04pm On Feb 09, 2015
Zoharariel:

Y didn't u curse out d ppl who talked about johna or presidency
Smh.
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by pupsyd: 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
[size=18pt]Buhari and his cohort![/size]
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by midolian(m): 3:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
southniyikaye:
oga seun,when I always read that u suPport gej's administration to the core,I use to dispel such rumour that u are neutral in this so call political things...but u just confirmed their allegations against u..now 8am on saturday morning,more soldiers that have ever seen in my life was deployed in lagos,I never knew it was because of what jega was about to announce! How could pdp possibly know election will be shifted by 6weeks? And why deploy that much soldier when we don't have a war going on in lagos? I don hear say banning person na ur hobby,na wetin dem talk o,am not scared of being banned,I go still dey visit as a guest.
you are sooo on point..just know someone you don't know is praying for you
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Seun(m): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
southniyikaye:
oga seun,when I always read that u suPport gej's administration to the core,I use to dispel such rumour that u are neutral in this so call political things...but u just confirmed their allegations against u..
Being neutral means I can support whatever is right. I can support/oppose GEJ on some issues, and support/oppose GMB on other issues.

now 8am on saturday morning,more soldiers that have ever seen in my life was deployed in lagos,I never knew it was because of what jega was about to announce! How could pdp possibly know election will be shifted by 6 weeks?
They knew because INEC told them. Would you have been happy if the soldiers were not deployed and lives were lost in out-of-control riots?

And why deploy that much soldier when we don't have a war going on in lagos?
I don't know; perhaps to prevent a war? Isn't prevention better than cure? If they didn't do that and ppl died you'll have blamed them for it.

I don hear say banning person na ur hobby,na wetin dem talk o,am not scared of being banned,I go still dey visit as a guest.
You will not be banned if you don't break the rules. We don't enjoy banning people just as decent policemen don't enjoy arresting people.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
politics
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2015
This is no brainer. Who else but Jonathan himself.
The fool that publicly declared them has his brothers and sisters.
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
shikaan:
y r u cursing me now?

That, my friend, is not a curse. Now let me curse you:

May every aspect of your life [most especially Security & Finances] be governed like Jonathan is governing Nigeria.

As you delight not in blessing & prosperity, so shall it be far from you and your family.

Because you have chosen to embrace lawlessness, economic slavery, widespread poverty, corruption & impunity over justice, fairness & equity; whether you and your fellow TANoids reject this or not, may this wonderful prayer come into your bowels like water and like oil into your bones permanently forever in a thousand folds - Amen!
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2015
Zoharariel:

That, my friend, is not a curse. Now let me curse you:

May every aspect of your life [most especially Security & Finances] be governed like Jonathan is governing Nigeria.

As you delight not in blessing & prosperity, so shall it be far from you and your family.

Because you have chosen to embrace lawlessness, economic slavery, widespread poverty, corruption & impunity over justice, fairness & equity; whether you and your fellow TANoids reject this or not, may this wonderful prayer come into your bowels like water and like oil into your bones permanently forever in a thousand folds - Amen!
ur put ya mouth in what doesnt concern u abi? That u ppl will be pricing wahala.
Re: Who Really Stands To Gain From Boko Haram? by Amazo: 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2015
erad:
Note: The following is my personal opinion, counter-opinions and rebuttals will be welcomed and appreciated.

In the beginning was Boko Haram and the present administration wasted no time in attributing its existence and sponsorship to the opposition. They claimed the opposition was trying to make the country ungovernable. I never believed that textbook-inspired story but many Nigerians did. I didn't believe because the opposition can't be that stupid and obvious and if there was any iota of truth in the accusations, why were they not being arrested, investigated and duly prosecuted? Again, the genesis of Boko Haram far preceded the creation of the major opposition party.

I noticed a trend in the time of bomb blasts and related attacks, the major ones mostly occurred when the government's activities were becoming obvious and questionable (I'll come up with a listing of that later). I learnt at that period that this administration practiced a government of distraction. Their agent of distraction was Boko Haram. The attacks shifted attention from whatever was the raging issue at hand unto the victims of the attacks and its degree of brutality in comparison to the last.

Again the government confirmed my fears when it used the same Boko Haram situation to arm-twist INEC into postponing the general elections previously slated for February to March.

My question has and will always be, who stands to gain more from the existence of Boko Haram? The government or the opposition?

obviously, it's the GEJ-PDP led government that is benefiting from it

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo Endorses Buhari, Ambode / Northerners Own 83% Oil Blocks In Nigeria #PIB / 'fayemi Can Go To Another Planet To Play His Audio Clip' - Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.