Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains (7608 Views)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Compare and Contrast: GEJ Trains and Rail Projects and APC Rail Projects / The Trains Are Back - Written By Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by njuwo(m): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tearg1:

I left Nigeria Last week, and I experienced GEJ trains first hand.
Where you come enter? Na the train you take comot from Nigeria?
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by gists: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tearg1:

When OBJ was in power, and never gave a damn about the masses, where were you?

I have never been a fan of Obj. But he did a lot more than this useless tyrannical president.
God forgive you for saying Obj never gave a damn about the masses. The present privatisation of PHCN that obj started was not for the masses abi? Let me educate you a bit. Obj started the privatisation through the "unbundling" process of NEPA and got it incorporated Power Holding COMPANY of Nigeria - PHCN) which set the stage for the separation of generation, transmission and distribution aspects of the entire electricity chain into "18 business outfits". Though still owned by government but the final aim was to get them over to private companies (except transmission). it went further to produce the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) which gave birth to Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) - the monitoring and regulating body for the electricity industry. ALL THESE WERE DONE 10 YEARS AGO in 2005.

And i guess neither was the signing of the the mordernisation of the rail lines in the country:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6101736.stm
Last Updated: Tuesday, 31 October 2006, 10:03 GMT

China is to build a railway line between Nigeria's two main commercial cities, Lagos and Kano.
An $8bn contract was signed by the deputy transport minister and the president of the Chinese firm (CCECC).

CCECC President Lin Rongxin said 50,000 Nigerians would work on the 1,315km line which he said was "a design, construct and maintain project".

Nigeria's leader said the five-year north-south line was the first phase in a 20-year modernisation programme.

President Olusegun Obasanjo, who watched the signing, said the second phase of the railway project would include a link between the southern oil city of Port Harcourt and the central city of Jos.

The existing railway along these routes has fallen into disrepair and new tracks are to be built under the deal with China.

China recently granted Nigeria a loan of $2.5bn and much of this is expected to be used in the railway project.

Earlier this year Nigeria repaid a multi-billion dollar debt it owed to the Paris Club, becoming the first African nation to settle with its official lenders.

Nigeria is one of the world's biggest oil exporters, but it is also one of the world's poorest countries, with the majority of the population living on less than $1 per day.

What about the Local Content Bill that opened the oil industry to local players? Today many local companies now play active roles in the oil industry. Many of the equipment are now being fabricated in Nigeria as opposed to 100% importation before OBJ era. Nigerian engineering graduates have never had this much employment in the oil industry until OBJ came.
Yet you dare open your mouth to say Obj never did anything.

Now someone come with refurbished containers that take 10 hours to move from Enugu to PHC and you are jumping. Did you bother to read what the guy said after the trip:

In summary, the railway authorities needs to wake up and address a lot of maintenance and technical issues with the rails. They should change personnel and systems. There are heavy delays for unnecessary reasons. People ask to be dropped off at places not designated as train stations and the officials agree. There were about six unofficial drops, they just inform the driver and he stops.

They seriously need to improve. I will score this railway authority 40% this train is not good for a businessman like me . Maybe they need to add another express line.

It looks like GEJ's "world-class" train just lost a customer on his first trip - A perfect recipe for unsustainable train service i.e another wastage of public funds on unproductive asset.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2015
Abeg,nor go release Nija use Bingo on them,those one one can be entice/compromised/bribe by Pdp by bones.Find a cane Corso,Bull terriera,American Bandogge,pit Bull
jorlons:
Bloody liar!!!! Will you GEJ OUT of my sight before I release the dogs on you. angry
cool cheesy
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Tearg1: 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
njuwo:

I will advice you to think before you ask a question... I can't reply to foolishness because I will be placing myself on your level. However I will advice you to grow up.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Certifiedboss: 4:53pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tearg1:
After testing out some of the new trains which have been recently commissioned I felt with a great sense of gratitude to thank our Beloved Mr Clueless, for providing such a comfortable travel to us all....

I love the word clueless because, the joke is on those who have no clue what GEJ has just done for our beloved nation...

As I'm writing this piece, I'm riding in a first class Coach with damages seats, dirty floors and stinking train in London...

Our train cabins in Naija are far much Classic & comfortable compared to this junk I'm sitting on here in London...

if You doubt me, I will do a video recording on my way home and share with you guys... so we can atleast appreciate our president, whether you like him or not.... its time we start supporting what we have...

Let's appreciate good things for once and d people who make them happen.

God bless us all
God Bless GEJ & GMB
God Bless Nigeria

How can you compare something that has been in used for more than 10yrs to something that was just purchased.. It's a shame that you're in London and you still think like a draft.. Come take a look at the train GEJ purchased 5yrs from now...
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 4:55pm On Feb 09, 2015
Where is Ur proof?
Tearg1:

guy your words speak of your level men, I can only ignore you because your mentality will prevent you from going places...
What is ur own achievement in L'ONDO'N? Snapping pics around/comparing Charcoal/with electric plane abi? Still waiting for Ur Pics.Nah only U dey London.do u want to compare Atlantic coast express/Capitals united to the propaganda here?I dnt engaged kids in tiki taka.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Tearg1: 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Where is Ur proof?What is ur own achievement in L'ONDO'N? Snapping pics around/comparing Charcoal/with electric plane abi? Still waiting for Ur Pics.Nah only U dey London.do u want to compare Atlantic coast express/Capitals united to the propaganda here?I dnt engaged kids in tiki taka.

man, I'm not here to join issues with you.. .if the topic annoys you, why not hug a transformer. why you asking about my achievement. The only thing I can tell you is, I AM FLEXING HERE.... !!!!...

1 Like

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Tearg1: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Certifiedboss:

How can you compare something that has been in used for more than 10yrs to something that was just purchased.. It's a shame that you're in London and you still think like a draft.. Come take a look at the train GEJ purchased 5yrs from now...

So whats your point?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Certifiedboss: 5:02pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tearg1:

So whats your point?

My point is that after these train have been used for 5yrs it's then he can compare them to those ones in London . Right now they are in their brand new state so they ought to look better
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 5:09pm On Feb 09, 2015
Sorry.The same london some of us/most peeps go and come like Ariara Market.
Tearg1:

man, I'm not here to join issues with you.. .if the topic annoys you, why not hug a transformer. why you asking about my achievement. The only thing I can tell you is, I AM FLEXING HERE.... !!!!...
come and do the yeye Flexing here.U can hide behind wet transformer,nah ur wahala bi dat

1 Like

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Tearg1: 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
Certifiedboss:

My point is that after these train have been used for 5yrs it's then he can compare them to those ones in London . Right now they are in their brand new state so they ought to look better

ok, I respect your opinion sir
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by jorlons(m): 5:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Abeg,nor go release Nija use Bingo on them,those one one can be entice/compromised/bribe by Pdp by bones.Find a cane Corso,Bull terriera,American Bandogge,pit Bull cool cheesy
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by jorlons(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
Abeg,nor go release Nija use Bingo on them,those one one can be entice/compromised/bribe by Pdp by bones.Find a cane Corso,Bull terriera,American Bandogge,pit Bull cool cheesy

Saiiii Boss!!

Standingby for orders to release the American Bandogge grin grin
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by njuwo(m): 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tearg1:

I will advice you to think before you ask a question... I can't reply to foolishness because I will be placing myself on your level. However I will advice you to grow up.
I don grow up na honourable, where i wan grow go again. I ask simple question, na the train you take comot from Nigeria? You go come give me simple answer, yes, or no ooo. Na where the trains dey, make i go see for myself because seeing, na downloading and downloaded successfully, where the trains dey honourable, which route them dey ply?
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by jorlons(m): 5:19pm On Feb 09, 2015
njuwo:
I don grow up na honourable, where i wan grow go again. I ask simple question, na the train you take comot from Nigeria? You go come give me simple answer, yes, or no ooo. Na where the trains dey, make i go see for myself because seeing, na downloading and downloaded successfully, where the trains dey honourable, which route them dey ply?
I swear to God I'm having a nice time. LWKMFH grin grin. Bros I nor fit stop to laff oo...
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2015
wink cheesy cheesy
jorlons:

Saiiii Boss!!

Standingby for orders to release the American Bandogge grin grin

I dey Ur back cool
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
Certifiedboss:

How can you compare something that has been in used for more than 10yrs to something that was just purchased.. It's a shame that you're in London and you still think like a daft.. Come take a look at the train GEJ purchased 5yrs from now...
I tire for baba Ondo sorry London lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin he think say nah only him don land for Mama Charlie Country.
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by jorlons(m): 5:54pm On Feb 09, 2015
eleko1:
wink cheesy :DI dey Ur back cool

10ks Boss
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2015
Lobatan!Thank U,God bless U for this piece.Hope those useless/delude saTANist are reading dis.Baba London,over to U
gists:

Make I laff small @ container
I have never been a fan of Obj. But he did a lot more than this useless tyrannical president.
God forgive you for saying Obj never gave a damn about the masses. The present privatisation of PHCN that obj started was not for the masses abi? Let me educate you a bit. Obj started the privatisation through the "unbundling" process of NEPA and got it incorporated Power Holding COMPANY of Nigeria - PHCN) which set the stage for the separation of generation, transmission and distribution aspects of the entire electricity chain into "18 business outfits". Though still owned by government but the final aim was to get them over to private companies (except transmission). it went further to produce the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) which gave birth to Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) - the monitoring and regulating body for the electricity industry. ALL THESE WERE DONE 10 YEARS AGO in 2005.

And i guess neither was the signing of the the mordernisation of the rail lines in the country:

What about the Local Content Bill that opened the oil industry to local players? Today many local companies now play active roles in the oil industry. Many of the equipment are now being fabricated in Nigeria as opposed to 100% importation before OBJ era. Nigerian engineering graduates have never had this much employment in the oil industry until OBJ came.
Yet you dare open your mouth to say Obj never did anything.

Now someone come with refurbished containers that take 10 hours to move from Enugu to PHC and you are jumping. Did you bother to read what the guy said after the trip:

It looks like GEJ's "world-class" train just lost a customer on his first trip - A perfect recipe for unsustainable train service i.e another wastage of public funds on unproductive asset.
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
Some Mumu think say our eyes are black.
jorlons:

10ks Boss
Useless TANoids.Make I laff small jare b4 I drive home grin ;grin grin
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by eleko1: 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2015
I tire.Helep us ask am.Ask him about the State of Heathrow Airport to Murtala Mohammed Airport(he fit tell us say them dey use bucket collect rain water there too.
njuwo:
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2015
Kennywills7:
Gej is working
Its not about his works, some of dem won't give u good reason y dey are against him, its just out of hatred
Gej has not meet our expectations in some aspects but u can't deny d fact dat he has done more than d previous governments in Nigeria
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by matthew41(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2015
A big fat lie from a stupid taniod....
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by macklef(m): 6:44pm On Feb 09, 2015
Certifiedboss:

Op is so daft you had to explain all that to him.
U deserve an award for ur patience.

Op we still waiting for those comparison pictures o!!!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by otokx(m): 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2015
White lies.
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by perculiarperson: 6:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
adadadon:
Trains like this in lagos abi

Why are you so devilish!!!

These trains are no longer in use and are parked at the Railway Terminus. Why would you now show it as being ridden

God help evil people.
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by adadadon(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2015
perculiarperson:

Why are you so devilish!!!

These trains are no longer in use and are parked at the Railway Terminus. Why would you now show it as being ridden

God help evil people.
I followed the train....
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Tearg1: 7:11pm On Feb 09, 2015
matthew41:
A big fat lie from a stupid taniod....

check my previous posts before you draw asumptions..
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Tearg1: 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2015
otokx:
White lies.

I will upload pics on a new thread...
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by rozayx5(m): 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2015
Tearg1:

I will upload pics on a new thread...

waiting, as a Strong GEJ fan, i like facts, cool cool
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by Swizdoe(m): 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2015
njuwo:
Lmao gringrin
Re: GEJ Trains are Far Better & Classy than London's First Capital Connect trains by spinna: 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2015
Yes Nigeria can ! - a/c-chilling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwvrhwDBefo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Real Story Behind Abobaku (a Long Abolished Tradition) / Abia Bye-Election: Ikpeazu Restricts Movement In Aba North, Aba South LGAs / PHOTOS Show Boko Haram’s Leader ‘shekau’ Was Captured ALIVE And Executed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.