Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,705 members, 7,955,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig (2138 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Boko Haram Attacks Military Base In Bosso, Niger Republic, Shares Pics / Tinubu Attacks Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Ovularia: 3:36am On Feb 10, 2015
Tinubu attacks military, says Jonathan planning to rig

FEBRUARY 10, 2015 BY ENIOLA AKINKUOTU 6 COMMENTS

A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has lambasted the nation’s service chiefs for advising the Independent National Electoral Commission not to go ahead with the February 14 presidential elections.

The All Progressives Congress leader said it was suspicious that the military were planning an offensive against Boko Haram on the same day the elections were supposed to hold despite the fact that INEC had announced the date of the elections over a year ago.

Tinubu said in a statement on Monday that it was unlikely that the military would be able to defeat Boko Haram in six weeks as the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, had failed after boasting that the military would defeat Boko Haram in four months last April.

He said, “This postponement is a smokescreen because what the letter says is that they are advising a postponement of six weeks in the first instance subject to the amelioration of the security situation in the North-East. This is coming from a Chief of Defence Staff that vowed to crush the insurgents within four months early last year. A year later, nothing has changed. He is now asking Nigerians to believe this government can do in six weeks what it could not do in six years.

“This postponement has deeply wounded Nigerian democracy. While my party hoped to go into the election and win it that we may offer a new and honest deal to the people, this government continues to feed the people a raw deal.”

The former governor said the postponement was evidence that President Goodluck Jonathan was not ready to hold free and fair elections.

He warned the President to put the interest of Nigeria above his personal ambition so as not to plunge the nation into crisis.

He said, “What happened Saturday was actually not a postponement due to security or logistical reasons. What happened was the by-product of overt political interference undermining the independence of the election management body, INEC.

“The elections were postponed not because they could not safely be held. They were postponed because one man, President Jonathan, feared that an election held on February 14 would for him become an election lost.

“While the mouth was Jega, the words were Jonathan. He chose to place our democracy at risk than do what democracy demands by facing and risking the verdict of the people. That he would use our security agencies to provide his excuse only adds insult to injury.”

http://www.punchng.com/politics/tinubu-attacks-military-says-jonathan-planning-to-rig/

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 3:37am On Feb 10, 2015
Cry me a river. Una never see anything yet!!!!! Just sit and watch as the drama unfolds

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 10, 2015
I don't really like Tinubu but Tinubu is right with assessment of things. Jonathan is hell bent to cause civil war in Nigeria. The international community is watching. All eyes on Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 3:43am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:
I don't really like Tinubu but Tinubu is right with assessment of things. Jonathan is hell bent to cause civil war in Nigeria. The international community is watching. All eyes on Nigeria.
Bros whether by hook or crook GEJ would surely win and nothing would happen. Cowards like you can do nothing

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros whether by hook or crook GEJ would surely win and nothing would happen. Cowards like you can do nothing

You just confirmed why I called you a bastard. I am glad some of you showing your true color by supporting Jonathan who is usurping the law of the land.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Kennywills7(m): 3:48am On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by ORACLE1975(m): 3:54am On Feb 10, 2015
nothing is new.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by nzeadachie: 3:54am On Feb 10, 2015
TINUBU YOU'RE A LEARNER, GOODLUCK IS THE MASTER
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 3:55am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:

You just confirmed why I called you a bastard. I am glad some of you showing your true color by supporting Jonathan who is usurping the law of the land.
Shut up idiots. When Jega connived with APC to starve southerners of PVCs you didn't see anything wrong with it baa? Well Jega don do him own ,now is time for GEJ to also show them who is in charge. Jega would be rendered useless even if he remains inec chairman, the state RECs and security agencies would be used to do the work. Since you idiots do not want free and fair elections, let the best rigger win

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 10, 2015
[s]
chukwudi44:

Shut up idiots. When Jega connived with APC to starve southerners of PVCs you didn't see anything wrong with it baa? Well Jega don do him own ,now is time for GEJ to also show them who is in charge. Jega would be rendered useless even if he remains inec chairman, the state RECs and security agencies would be used to do the work. Since you idiots do not want free and fair elections, let the best rigger win
[/s]

You are a lying bastard. You just keep talking rubbish without fact. If there is any senses left in your head, you would have known you made zero sense from the rubbish you are spewing here.

Go back to bed, idi.ot.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:00am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

You are a lying bastard. You just keep talking rubbish without fact. If there is any senses left in your head, you would have known you made zero sense from the rubbish you are spewing here.

Go back to bed, idi.ot.

Cry cry baby pele
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

Cry cry baby pele

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by LFJ: 4:09am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

I pray that many of these psychiatric patients will be alive to witness how Jonathan will be disgrace out of Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 10, 2015
LFJ:

I pray that many of these psychiatric patients will be alive to witness how Jonathan will be disgrace out of Aso Rock.

Continue to dream on.Defeat for Buhari is now100% certain
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:16am On Feb 10, 2015
LFJ:

Imagine some of them talking about replacing Jega at this 11th hour. How is the next "INEC Chairman" going to get confirmed by the senate? If Jonathan wants to see a revolt, he should go ahead and do the unlawful thing he did with Sanusi and expect the Hausa/Fulani to vote for a new INEC Chairman. Jega cannot be sacked because he is an independent officer of electoral body.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:28am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Imagine some of them talking about replacing Jega at this 11th hour. How is the next "INEC Chairman" going to get confirmed by the senate? If Jonathan wants to see a revolt, he should go ahead and do the unlawful thing he did with Sanusi and expect the Hausa/Fulani to vote for a new INEC Chairman. Jega cannot be sacked because he is an independent officer of electoral body.
The hausa-fulani can do nothing, if we are to get scared of any people it should be the Niger delta who provides the money that feeds the nation.No one is scared of your threats of violence anymore
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

The hausa-fulani can do nothing, if we are to get scared of any people it should be the Niger delta who provides the money that feeds the nation.No one is scared of your threats of violence anymore

You are being hunted Mr. man. Where did you see the talk of violent from me? It seems you were chased out of your bed this morning.

Werey grin grin

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 4:34am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:
Cry me a river. Una never see anything yet!!!!! Just sit and watch as the drama unfolds
one thing you don't know is that the more you reason like this, all in a bid to support a wicked president, the more your reasoning gets skewed towards foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by babadee1(m): 4:50am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

You people don't fear God. Your GEJ will be disgraced and destroyed in public if he insists on continuing down this path. The judgment of the Almighty God is waiting for him and his co-conspirators. Nigeria is God's property, it does not belong to any man.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Descartes: 5:00am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:

We are used to such words "Sanusi can not be sacked cos only 2/3 of the Senate can remove him as stipulated by the constitution". But where is Sanusi now?
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 5:05am On Feb 10, 2015
Descartes:
We are used to such words "Sanusi can not be sack cos only 2/3 of the Senate can remove him as stipulated by the constitution". But where is Sanusi now?
the more you support lawlessness, the more your actions become skewed towards it. Change your ways now and Stop bringing curses on your offspring, cos GEJ doesn't know you exist.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 5:16am On Feb 10, 2015
Descartes:
We are used to such words "Sanusi can not be sacked cos only 2/3 of the Senate can remove him as stipulated by the constitution". But where is Sanusi now?

Let Jonathan try it while the whole country is riled up and while the international community is watching. You want to change an umpire few days before an election that polls show you are going to lose miserably. The same umpire that refereed the election you won in 2011. That umpire is now a bad person, right? Be my guest grin grin grin

The demise of Jonathan as nothing to do with Jega. people just don't want Jonathan anymore for his ineptness and corruption. Nigerians are ready to vote for a doll or cat to replace Jonathan. This election is a referendum on Jonathan's last five year record. It is not that Buhari is that popular. People just want a change from PDP and Jonathan. Anyone would beat Jonathan at this time.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by nzeadachie: 5:23am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Nobody: 5:24am On Feb 10, 2015
^^^^^^^

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by Descartes: 5:28am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:

Let Jonathan try it while the whole country is riled up and while the international community is watching. You want to change an umpire few days before an election that polls show you are going to lose miserably. The same umpire that refereed the election you won in 2011. That umpire is now a bad person, right? Be my guest grin grin grin

The demise of Jonathan as nothing to do with Jega. people just don't want Jonathan anymore for his ineptness and corruption. Nigerians are ready to vote for a doll or cat to replace Jonathan. This election is a referendum on Jonathan's last five year record. It is not that Buhari is that popular. People just want a change from PDP and Jonathan. Anyone would beat Jonathan at this time.
Till then. No need for emotionally laden epistle.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by jaso1(m): 5:40am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

No adjective qualify you than bigot!
I don't know your age but I will send you to your father to simply ask him Agunyi Irosi coup, the event before and post event.
The incident I'm sending to your father for , produced what you call biafra but because of some generated or concorted lies by some igbo crooks to their ethnics . They also tried to extend that lies to Yoruba race but they quickly rejected it and subsequently, they tag Yoruba a traitor for not supporting their greedy and selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by me1234: 6:18am On Feb 10, 2015
Just yesterday I was driving to buy fuel when a call came in, he said he was calling from APC call center and if I had collected my PVC I said no I then asked him how he got my number, he said he got it from INEC data base. I was shocked. He said I should please voted for GMB when I collect my PVC or alternatively I should not vote at all. I started thinking that DSS claim that APC have hacked into the data base of INEC to clone and rig the election might be true.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by stevecantrell: 7:22am On Feb 10, 2015
Laurent Gbagbo 2.0 loading......
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by SweetJoystick(m): 7:49am On Feb 10, 2015
sincerenigerian:

They are as shameless as GEJ, no value, no integrity, they would do worse if in GEJ shoes, hence they see no shame or wrong in his administration of Nigeria, everything is right in their sight
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by ibedun: 8:19am On Feb 10, 2015
SweetJoystick:

They are as shameless as GEJ, no value, no integrity, they would do worse if in GEJ shoes, hence they see no shame or wrong in his administration of Nigeria, everything is right in their sight

That is Igbo bitterness at work. It will consume them eventually.
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by sammyj: 8:20am On Feb 10, 2015
Re: Tinubu Attacks Military, Says Jonathan Planning To Rig by clubone0502: 8:30am On Feb 10, 2015
chukwudi44:

bros...u keep calling people cowards at every turn...

its bokoharam that I'm not sure are up to 5000 strong,our army is finding it difficult to defeat. ..

imagine if the north turned against us...

bros u need melow down...u don't want another civil war in ur lifetime.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram News Update:>> See The Boko Haram Armored Tank Captured By D Military / Malcolm X Assassination: 50 Years On, Mystery Still Clouds Details Of The Case / Suspected Boko Haram Members Among Those Who Welcomed Goodluck Jonathan To BAGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.