Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices (6831 Views)

Mechanics And The Pranks They Play On Car Owners. Share Your Experience / Tips on car maintenance and how 2 drive Automatic cars / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by Busybody2(f): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2009
hackney:

I think that due to the Naira devaluation, the price of used cars will initially go up a bit as expected ; however due to the credit crunch(global downturn if you may),there are millions of brand new cars at ford,toyota,honda,mini, (infact all car makers) that are unsold.
As a result i think that the price of brand new cars will fall further and this will in turn drive down the price of used ones(it should do but knowing that anything 'Nigeria' doesn't follow any rules or market principles, ).

Travelling abroad to buy new cars if you can seems to be looking like a viable option at the moment (for those who can afford them mind you).

OUCH, OUCH AND OUCH grin grin grin I trust my Naija peeps, flood Nigeria with these cheap cars and they would run a mile thinking you either got them via dodgy means or you are trying to sell them lemon cars grin grin grin
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 23, 2009
niyidrums:

the way things are going now in Nigeria, citizens and non citizens or let me just say in cot residential s in Nigeria are to pray for this country. Actually i am a half breed. funny right? what i mean is that part of me is from Ghana why other of me from Nigeria. i try getting across to a friend of mine in Ghana about a transfer into university of Ghana thinking that they are still using the old cedis, but could you believe now that Ghana is more better of than Nigeria economically and in different ways too? the new cedis of Ghana now is 110 meaning that they economic in terms of currency is far better than ours, what do u think about this?

Seems you're confusing currency revaluation and economy. Currency revaluation only aims to give the populace more interest in their own currency as opposed to the use of foreign currency. GHANA's ECONOMY IS NO WHERE NEAR NIGERIA. They still have a long way to go.
To make it clearer to you. Would you say the same with regards to Japan. I mean 1 dollar is like 93 yen. Since the ghanian cedi apparently has more value than the Yen, would you say that their economy is better? Mind you Japan is the second biggest economy behind the U.S.
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by nairakween: 9:39am On Feb 24, 2009
because of fallen oil prices the Nigerian Govt is focusing on increasing revenue via taxation big time. So all the rock bottom priced cars in jand wont help us, by the time customs slaps the new tarrifs on them they will be tres expensive
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by holypeace: 10:02am On Feb 25, 2009
Your CLEARING AGENT .

The fact is this is really the right time
to do these cars biz. {If there is enough cash}

Those vehicles are cheaper now and no CUSTOMS DUTIES
review yet, so for those who could send cash on errand
its time to do so.

Let me clear those cars, goods for you, @ a reasonable
cost. I always work on small bite of profit to keep me going

The only reason i charged my clients more than last years
cost was just the fall in naira value compare tto $which is
only on the customs duities and its understadable.

Even with all this change in cost my clearing costs is still the
CHEAPEST you can get around.
My clients have confirmed this several times.
YOU CAN TOO.

holypeace@yahoo.com
08037286735, 08026787949
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by Martins00(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2009
holypeace:

Your CLEARING AGENT .

The fact is this is really the right time
to do these cars biz. {If there is enough cash}

Those vehicles are cheaper now and no CUSTOMS DUTIES
review yet, so for those who could send cash on errand
its time to do so.

Let me clear those cars, goods for you, @ a reasonable
cost. I always work on small bite of profit to keep me going

The only reason i charged my clients more than last years
cost was just the fall in naira value compare tto $which is
understadable.

Even with all this change in cost my clearing costs is still the
CHEAPEST you can get around.
My clients have confirmed this several times.
YOU CAN TOO.

holypeace@yaoo.com
08037286735, 08026787949

Ja! ja! leck mich doch am Arsch. . .
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by holypeace: 11:07am On Feb 25, 2009
Ja! ja! leck mich doch am Arsch. . .

how many cars do you mean with this
language (Ja! ja! leck mich doch am Arsch. . .)
or which car bears this name.

dont mind me
am just trying to say, i dont know what this
Ja! ja! leck mich doch am Arsch. . . means
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by babeface3: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2009
I only pity the starving children of somalia, rwanda and dafur grin grin grin grin
Re: The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices by Paulsopulu(m): 10:03am On Aug 02, 2010
[color=#990000][/color] Hello nairalander! My name is paul . I based on motorcycles spare parts, we have shops at plateau and nnewi . Now i'm looking for motorcycle spare parts to distribute. If youre interested please mail me at paulsopulu@gmail.com. Hoping to do better business with you thank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Seen Or Used The New Mobil Super 3000 Fully Synthetic 5W-40 Engine Oil? / 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft / Tesla Roadster Electric Supercar Races To A Top Speed Over 250 Mph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.