Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? (1468 Views)

Please Help, Am Confused About The Better Job / Computer Enginnering Or Computer Science / Msc Or MBBS; If MBBS Nigeria Or Ukraine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 5:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
Evening guys...after applying here and there for jobs without any positive feedbacks, I thought it would be wise if I don't waste 2015.

I schooled in a private university and ever since my POP in 2013, I haven't gotten a job.

I thought of going for computer training such as PC networking, PC Hardware engineering, Network & Cyber security and VSAT installation & Commissioning.

Also, I thought of going for my Msc in either Industrial Microbiology, Medical Microbiology or Pharmaceutical Microbiology.

But am confused...so NL'ders, which do you think is best for me?? And with reasons...thanks! smiley
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by jaybee3(m): 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2015
What are your specific goals?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

No point doing professional courses if they aren't in line with your future ambition

No point doing MSc if it's not necessarily going to help you nail that dream job

Think deep about what you want for yourself then find the best path/route needed to achieve the plans

3 Likes

Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
jaybee3:
Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

No point doing professional courses if they aren't in line with your future ambition

No point doing MSc if it's not necessarily going to help you nail that dream job

Think deep about what you want for yourself then find the best path/route needed to achieve the plans

You have spoken well..

Someone also said that Skills go hand in hand with certificates..how true?
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by jaybee3(m): 6:09pm On Feb 10, 2015
Abduletudaye:

You have spoken well..

Someone also said that Skills go hand in hand with certificates..how true?
Yes but in a specific order

Certificates are pretty useless without hands on skills

Certifcates enhances the skills you may have

So it has to be in the right order

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:35pm On Feb 10, 2015
jaybee3:

Yes but in a specific order

Certificates are pretty useless without hands on skills

Certifcates enhances the skills you may have

So it has to be in the right order

How do I know my skill without wasting money??

I know I like video games..especially Soccer...is that a skill
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by jaybee3(m): 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2015
Abduletudaye:

How do I know my skill without wasting money??

I know I like video games..especially Soccer...is that a skill
You spent 4+ years in uni without identifying your key strengths?
What exactly did they teach you at uni?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by cyclones(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2015
Go for your Msc. Professional training can be gotten anytime.

1 Like

Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2015
jaybee3:

You spent 4+ years in uni without identifying your key strengths?
What exactly did they teach you at uni?

No I didn't identify them..

But does that mean its too late??
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
cyclones:
Go for your Msc. Professional training can be gotten anytime.

Ok..I will consider your advice..thanks smiley
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by jaybee3(m): 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
Abduletudaye:

No I didn't identify them..

But those that mean its too late??

What's your first degree in?

Please be specific with your answers

1 Like

Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2015
jaybee3:

What's your first degree in?

Please be specific with your answers

Bsc In Microbiology..

To get a higher degree or something equivalent..

To get employed to work for some time, then work by myself..
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by jaybee3(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Abduletudaye:

Bsc In Microbiology..

To get a higher degree or something equivalent..

To get employed to work for some time, then work by myself..
You must be good with qualitative research so try and look at research analyst angle

You could go for professional courses that has to do with analysis

You are better off pursuing an MSc with a background like yours

1 Like

Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
jaybee3:

You must be good with qualitative research so try and look at research analyst angle

You could go for professional courses that has to do with analysis

You are better off pursuing an MSc with a background like yours

Thanks a lot for your time... I cherish your suggesting! I will look into it.
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
You seem more of a medical person to me,why don't you pick a DE jamb and apply for a professional medical course like Medicine,Pharmacy,Nursing or Radiography. There are also many unemployed MSc graduates out there.
Abduletudaye:
Evening guys...after applying here and there for jobs without any positive feedbacks, I thought it would be wise if I don't waste 2015.

I schooled in a private university and ever since my POP in 2013, I haven't gotten a job.

I thought of going for computer training such as PC networking, PC Hardware engineering, Network & Cyber security and VSAT installation & Commissioning.

Also, I thought of going for my Msc in either Industrial Microbiology, Medical Microbiology or Pharmaceutical Microbiology.

But am confused...so NL'ders, which do you think is best for me?? And with reasons...thanks! smiley
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2015
Giannakopoulos:
You seem more of a medical person to me,why don't you pick a DE jamb and apply for a professional medical course like Medicine,Pharmacy,Nursing or Radiography. There are also many unemployed MSc graduates out there.

Medical? Am scared of medicine..I feel i don't have the brain capacity for it..
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Giannakopoulos(f): 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ok,because your Msc line has some medical inclination ie why I said so
Abduletudaye:

Medical? Am scared of medicine..I feel i don't have the brain capacity for it..
Re: Please Am Confused, Msc Or Computer Training?? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
Giannakopoulos:
Ok,because your Msc line has some medical inclination ie why I said so

Its just small...that's why I could cope with it..

(1) (Reply)

I Have A Challenge With Public Speaking / Strictly For Those That Love Yorùbá People, Culture And Their Religion / Soldiers In China Worked Together To Form Human Bridge To Rescue Children !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.