Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,597 members, 7,823,604 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? (20735 Views)

4 Lessons I Learned From My Abusive Father About Forgiveness / This Little Boy Perfectly Imitates His Father's Palour Posture / This Boy Was Involved In An Accident That Killed His Father. Do You Know Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2015
U will be doing the father a great deal of help if U inform him now cos He (the father) might be living with the virus without knowing.

No matter how silly He is, Hr will never abstain from His own flesh & blood.

The boy will get extra support & attention from the dad if U inform Him.

Then for the little boys dream of going to a navy school, hmmmmm. U have to cancel that dream ooooo. His secret will leak in a boarding school U can't avoid that. Send Him to a day school around U. Please don't make the wild & dangerous mistake of sending Him to a boarding school else He might consider suicide as an option for the unavoidable stigmatization He will face

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2015
Dejohnbull:
Lol slap from the gods
yes nah! Spiritual tins
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2015
is the father married to another woman and have children,if yes?then he is negative.
obongproff:
My late sista had a son for one guy who refused to marry her. And it was before her death dat we realised dat she was HIV+. We found out late else we wd hav put her on drugs.

But since den we hav been putting her son, my nephew, on HIV drugs. And its been like 5 yrs now. He's 10 and wd be done with primary scl dis yr. My mom wants him to scl close to d house so dat she can monitor him but he wants to go to a bording school. He says he wants to go to a navy scl and my mom is not comfortable with the idea.

I and my mom hav bin taking care of him doe his fada supports sometimes. He lives with my mom in our family house but he usually visits his dad especially during holidays.

D issue is his dad is not aware of his health challenge. My mom just told me dis today and we are so both confused. My mom doesnt know how his dad will feel if she tells him now cos she feels she wd hav told him earlier, and she is also scared his dad mite stop him from visiting him cos d dude can be silly sometimes.

Me sef I cant even think of any clue rite now dats why am asking d honorable house members for ideas. Pls how do we go abt it? Shd we tell his dad or shd we wait till he is much beta healthwise?

Ur ideas wd go a long way.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2015
obongproff:

Thanks. We will let him know. I tot he knew all dis while. Well for d oda part, he neva comes to visit his son. Its his son dat always goes to see him since his place is just 5mins walk from my mom's.

Thanks again for your contribution.

I did not read this before commenting earlier hence the new comment. That man is a bloody cow. But please inform him of the boys status (without expecting support from The wicked father after)

U are all the boy has now. sooner or later He will realise that & remove that wicked man from the father image he has placed him.

May God support U & Ur Mom as U guys have supported this boy.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Wallade(m): 11:53am On Feb 11, 2015
Now, I need to be careful about the kind of school my children will attend especially schools that enrol HIV positive children without notifying all stakeholders of the school.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 11, 2015
uplawal:
is the father married to another woman and have children,if yes?then he is negative.

Yes oh! He's married to anoda woman and has a son. Dats one of d reason ma mom is scared so dat he doesnt restrict ma nephew. But we go still tell am sha.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by 9jatatafo(m): 11:57am On Feb 11, 2015
The father of the boy should know everything about his son. You would be shocked how concerned the man would be.

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:

I did not read this before commenting earlier hence the new comment. That man is a bloody cow. But please inform him of the boys status (without expecting support from The wicked father after)

U are all the boy has now. sooner or later He will realise that & remove that wicked man from the father image he has placed him.

May God support U & Ur Mom as U guys have supported this boy.

Amen oh! Bros its not been funny oh.

Dats y I dont blame my mom for not telling him all dis while sha, cos since he was born we've been d one bearing all d cost of raising d boy. My mom got angry and called d fada to start taking up responsibility two yrs ago when she got broke and dat was how he started contributing to d boy's scl fees. And he has neva sent complete scl fees b4 sha.

He didnt even show up for ma late sister's burial. And der have been days when his son goes to see him and he wd be forming busy and d boy wd come back home unhappy cos he cdnt see his daddy. Now he is married and has a son, my mom is kinda worried dat he might restrict or even abandon d boy.

Well we will tell him sha. At least he deserves to know as d fada.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by delishpot: 1:06pm On Feb 11, 2015
Goddys:
Take that boy to The Lord's chosen charismatic revival movement at Ijesha bustop bu oshodi/Apapa expressway way.After the General Overseer pray for him,you will know that God is really alive.Have heard testimonies of more than thousands of victims God healed through the Man of God

Heard or know?

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by chioma134: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
[/b]@obongproff, do not tell the father. If he is as irresponsible as you portray, he'll reject the boy and even spread the gist in a bid to avoid responsibility as a father. Rejection and stigmatization from outsiders will kill the boy's morale, and may drive him to suicide. Nothing stops the boy from telling him when he is older and more mature and prepared to absorb the shock of rejection. This is a serious matter. Look b4 you leap.

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by greggng: 1:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
Go ahead and tell the father before you people end up killing the man. Hiv is not a childs play he needs to know so that he can put in mechanism to protect himself. Who knows if the young boy must ve infested the father in one of his holidays. Pls go ahead and invite ur pastor to assist in breaking the news. This will enable the father to go for test so that he can know his status . If he decides to run away contact his family before taking further actions
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Feb 11, 2015
obongproff:
My late sista had a son for one guy who refused to marry her. And it was before her death dat we realised dat she was HIV+. We found out late else we wd hav put her on drugs.

But since den we hav been putting her son, my nephew, on HIV drugs. And its been like 5 yrs now. He's 10 and wd be done with primary scl dis yr. My mom wants him to scl close to d house so dat she can monitor him but he wants to go to a bording school. He says he wants to go to a navy scl and my mom is not comfortable with the idea.

I and my mom hav bin taking care of him doe his fada supports sometimes. He lives with my mom in our family house but he usually visits his dad especially during holidays.

D issue is his dad is not aware of his health challenge. My mom just told me dis today and we are so both confused. My mom doesnt know how his dad will feel if she tells him now cos she feels she wd hav told him earlier, and she is also scared his dad mite stop him from visiting him cos d dude can be silly sometimes.

Me sef I cant even think of any clue rite now dats why am asking d honorable house members for ideas. Pls how do we go abt it? Shd we tell his dad or shd we wait till he is much beta healthwise?

Ur ideas wd go a long way.

1) I'm highly irritated by your idiotic style of composition.

2) Your Sister is not Cattle that you put on medication. That's confidential discussion and therapy between her and her Doctor. It's not a family affair.

3) That you, a mere Uncle, knows more about the health status of the child more than the Father is rather disturbing and shows the moral flexibility of your family at large.

Your mum should arm herself with printed educative matter on this now insignificant illness and tell the Father everything she knows and with an apology.

The legal profession in Nigeria still hasn't come of age else the Father should haul the lot of you to court.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
greggng:
Go ahead and tell the father before you people end up killing the man. Hiv is not a childs play he needs to know so that he can put in mechanism to protect himself. Who knows if the young boy must ve infested the father in one of his holidays. Pls go ahead and invite ur pastor to assist in breaking the news. This will enable the father to go for test so that he can know his status . If he decides to run away contact his family before taking further actions

You're a dingbat.

HIV is a sexually transmitted disease. Is the Father having sex with his Son?
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2015
9jatatafo:
The father of the boy should know everything about his son. You would be shocked how concerned the man would be.

Thank you.

Once in a while, posters like you help me reaffirm that I'm not completely surrounded by brainless twits on here.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
You all who are saying "before he infects tom, before he infects harry" is the boy now the virus itself? Your words are laden with discriminatory expressions. Please at Op, which health facility is the boy registered with? I mean the hospital/facility where he receives his monthly micronutrients/ARV from? Ask for their Adherence counsellor or the Care & support focal person for guidance. Don't take decisions that will cause more harm than good biko

2 Likes

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
obongproff:

Amen oh! Bros its not been funny oh.

Dats y I dont blame my mom for not telling him all dis while sha, cos since he was born we've been d one bearing all d cost of raising d boy. My mom got angry and called d fada to start taking up responsibility two yrs ago when she got broke and dat was how he started contributing to d boy's scl fees. And he has neva sent complete scl fees b4 sha.

He didnt even show up for ma late sister's burial. And der have been days when his son goes to see him and he wd be forming busy and d boy wd come back home unhappy cos he cdnt see his daddy. Now he is married and has a son, my mom is kinda worried dat he might restrict or even abandon d boy.

Well we will tell him sha. At least he deserves to know as d fada.

Thanks a lot.

Stop pandering for attention, he has no obligation to attend the funeral.

Perhaps your Sister was just a side squeeze for him and there was no relationship there.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2015
Euma:
You all who are saying "before he infects tom, before he infects harry" is the boy now the virus itself? Your words are laden with discriminatory expressions. Please at Op, which health facility is the boy registered with? I mean the hospital/facility where he receives his monthly micronutrients/ARV from? Ask for their Adherence counsellor or the Care & support focal person for guidance. Don't take decisions that will cause more harm than good biko

Thank you for an astute post.

It's an STD not something airborne.

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2015
OLUJOSHINS:
U will be doing the father a great deal of help if U inform him now cos He (the father) might be living with the virus without knowing.

No matter how silly He is, Hr will never abstain from His own flesh & blood.

The boy will get extra support & attention from the dad if U inform Him.

Then for the little boys dream of going to a navy school, hmmmmm. U have to cancel that dream ooooo. His secret will leak in a boarding school U can't avoid that. Send Him to a day school around U. Please don't make the wild & dangerous mistake of sending Him to a boarding school else He might consider suicide as an option for the unavoidable stigmatization He will face

Thank you for a brilliant post.

I personally think this will strength the relationship between the two.

It's sad to read comments from the nut jobs on here who are crucifying the Dad.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by greggng: 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2015
CityNG:

You're a dingbat.

HIV is a sexually transmitted disease. Is the Father having sex with his Son?

Is a shame an educated iliterate like u doesn't know that hiv can be contacted via other means aside sex. A boy got hiv by sharing clipper with the father . Just before u insult someone better than u why not use google to find out other means of getting hiv aside sex. Exchange of saliva can transmit hiv . Every caring parent do kiss their kids.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
greggng:

Is a shame an educated iliterate like u doesn't know that hiv can be contacted via other means aside sex. A boy got hiv by sharing clipper with the father . Just before u insult someone better than u why not use google to find out other means of getting hiv aside sex. Exchange of saliva can transmit hiv . Every caring parent do kiss their kids.

Dunce, I work in a hospital. Try to develop your brain from other than google. But I understand how you are since you lack basic educational facilities.

HIV is not spread via saliva unless there's an open cut in the mouth that is bleeding.

Maybe you need to stop inbreeding.

You're simply a demonstrated product of a country with a failed educational system if all your life's learning is from Google.

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
There is extremely low level of HIV contained in saliva. Come to think of it, the caring parent "kissing" a child would have to "deep kiss" rather "french kiss" the child to be infected.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by poundlander: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
ChapelHillShooting NEED FRONT PAGE
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by coldsummer: 2:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
ohenhen1:

His father may not HIV, but it is highly possible.

Did you understand what I wrote or you just quoted me just for the sakes of It?

Ok I guess I should use: highly possible instead of most likely.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by 9jatatafo(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
CityNG:

Thank you.

Once in a while, posters like you help me reaffirm that I'm not completely surrounded by brainless twits on here.

This is a forum and it is wise to give useful advise. We all need help one way or the other. Thumps up bro!

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by hollaimpeccabl(f): 3:39pm On Feb 11, 2015
From what I av read so far,I don't think the guy is infected.Its possible ur sister got the disease att the early stage of pregnancy,probably after the guy rejected the ppregnancy...but all the same if he is the true father as u claim,then he has the right to know his son's status.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by cococandy(f): 4:01pm On Feb 11, 2015
GodMode:

Benefit of the doubt After 10yrs What weed are you smoking

Many people do not have any symptoms when they are first infected with HIV. It can take as little as a few weeks for minor flu-like symptoms to show up or as long as 10 years or more for more serious symptoms.
http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/aids-older-adults
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by cococandy(f): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
Wallade:
Now, I need to be careful about the kind of school my children will attend especially schools that enrol HIV positive children without notifying all stakeholders of the school.
smh
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by cococandy(f): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2015
uplawal:
absolutely. Or his kids would be sick too
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by delishpot: 5:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
greggng:

Bros just ignore that guy.. His comments alone should tell you he doesnt know what he is talking about. But lets let him think otherwise. Lets give him his 5min of fame.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by greatnow: 6:12pm On Feb 11, 2015
Children living with Hiv...what will the next generation look like? God help us,cover us and our families.
Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
dkronicle:
U guys should let him know. It necessary. I cant h8 my son for livin a foolish life. Just let him no
did you read the post at all? His mom was HIV+ and dat made him positive too not a foolish lifestyle.
To the topic, I feel his dad should know. If his dad abandons him, then he's not a worthy dad anyway

1 Like

Re: Should We Tell His Father About His HIV Status? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
Then he is negative,but how on earth did your sis got the virus AND pass it on to baby?or did she had another relationship when breastfeeding?
obongproff:

Yes oh! He's married to anoda woman and has a son. Dats one of d reason ma mom is scared so dat he doesnt restrict ma nephew. But we go still tell am sha.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adults Misunderstanding Kids' Questions. / Is There Anything Wrong With Bein A House Husband / Adorable Reaction Of An Old Woman To Her Grandson’s New Car (Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.