Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government (897 Views)

Avoid The Jonathan Error, Sanusi To Buhari / I Lost 6 International Jobs For Fighting Jonathan Government- Oby Ezekwesili / Achievements Of The Jonathan/Sambo Administration In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2015
By Akan Inyang

As a nation we have been through a lot of internal conflicts and international criticisms, but inspite of these seemingly insurmountable upset Nigeria still prevails as single growing nation. Unfortunately the major drivers of politics today are ethnicity and religion as opposed to competence and integrity; these are the reasons why we are stuck with the kind of leaders we have. But in the end every nation has its story and today this is the Nigerian story.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is one of our realities and today he is our president. Beyond what majority of Nigerians or international communities may feel about this person or his government, I strongly believe that in these times Nigeria needed and still needs a president like him. Kindly exercise a little patience to read further and uncover some of my reasons; most of which are not conventional I must say.

His personality has encouraged Nigerians to truly embrace ‘freedom of speech’: Jonathan’s calm and humble personality allows well placed and even ordinary Nigerians voice their opinions in more ways than we have ever witnessed in the Nigerian history. This has set an irreversible trend that no president after him can suppress or reverse by any form of intimidation. More than we have ever witnessed today, common Nigerians now have a very audible voice which has been amplified by the social media and deeply entrenched freedom of press Nigeria enjoys today.

His story is phenomenal and gives hope to the average Nigerian man: we all know the Goodluck ‘no shoes’ story; his humble beginnings and how he dramatically rose to the seat of the president of Nigeria by staying humble with a clear sense of purpose and unbridled ambition. Many say it’s just mere ‘Goodluck’ but his rise and rise has been a combination of ‘hardwork and smartwork’ behind the scenes; you simply can’t take that away from this man.

Patience Jonathan is a strong reminder that Nigerian women can be successful by simply being ‘real’ and sticking with a good man: clearly this woman is a reminder to all young women that for you to be the wife of a successful man you don’t have to be sophisticated- based on western standards. All you have to do is be the best you can be; be Nigerian and be yourself! You all will agree with me today that our Nigerian women hold very highly skewed validations and impossible standards which so far is depleting our culture and our true sense of belonging which stands the risk of being passed on to the next generation. On another note, you need to watch her Okrika campaigns/community engagements (in pidgin and her local dialect) for you to appreciate her funny, witty, bold and audacious side which most definitely compliments her husband.

The Jonathan story drives home the fact that there is nothing like a ‘born leader’: leadership is a continuous learning process where you learn from mistakes, get better and better. Just as Goodluck Jonathan has gotten better in making decisions, bolder in making speeches and more assertive than he was back in 2010. The truth is you can never become a great leader in one day; it’s a hard-biting process.

Jonathan is a patient man trying to inculcate the ‘patience virtue’ in Nigerians: For you to appreciate the Jonathan transformation you need a patient mind as the Nigerian problem today is a summation of many short-term solutions to appease the normal ‘quick gratification cravings’ of an average Nigerian. If we embraced long-term solutions (in areas like power, transportation, automotive industry, capitalist-driven job creation, monetary policies etc.) in the past, we definitely won’t be where we are today. Simply put, Jonathan isn’t doing things that pleases the eyes of an average Nigerian, neither is he doing most of what we want; rather he is focusing on our real needs which are sustainable in the long-term and in the near future eg, the re-construction of the Benin-Ore/ Abuja-Lokoja roads took time to build, but today these are the best quality of roads ever built in Nigeria-I repeat-best quality of roads ever in Nigeria- also the revived railway system after 28years of rot will ensure that these roads lasts even longer.

Am I saying he is the best Nigeria has to offer? A big NO!

My motivation to pen down a few of my observations is because Buhari is not the ‘change messiah’ many have tagged him as; rather Jonathan is a confirmed progressive transformer Nigeria needs today.
Clearly he needs your support, but always remember that whether or not you offer your individual support, it won’t stop progress, true democracy and moving forward from the old ways because there a many Nigerians that share the same thoughts like me!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Dracula27: 9:45am On Feb 11, 2015
True
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2015
Dracula27:
True

YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN

1 Like

Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2015
More views needed;truth or lie??
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by AZeD1(m): 11:32am On Feb 11, 2015
1) Social media brought about the so called "freedom of speech" not GEJ.
2) The "no shoes" story was emotional black mail. Let the so called average Nigerian man try to get a job in NNPC and see how far he will go.
3) You need to define what you mean by successful and "good man".
4) GEJ might be president, but he is no leader. You really need to understand the meaning of the terms you use.
5)Who told you GEJ is patient? The real needs of Nigeria include strong institutions and selfless leadership..GEJ has done non.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 11:50am On Feb 11, 2015
AZeD1:
2) The "no shoes" story was emotional black mail. Let the so called average Nigerian man try to get a job in NNPC and see how far he will go.
4) GEJ might be president, but he is no leader. You really need to understand the meaning of the terms you use.
5)Who told you GEJ is patient? The real needs of Nigeria include strong institutions and selfless leadership..GEJ has done non.

1)Nicely spoken but whether you admit it or not by virtue of his presidency he takes decisions on our behalf; so if you wanna keep up with self-delusion that he isn't your leader........what can i say

2)Is being Nigeria's president not a successful achievement?Whether you got there by hook or by crook he is the president and Patience has been the woman behind him all along the journey.

3)The approach of most of his policies tell a lot about him being a patient person; he has the liberty to do a few flashy projects that won't necessarily have lasting effects, but rather he will stick with the pain-staking reforming approach and tackling the root causes of Nigeria's problem instead of fixing mere symptoms

4)Social media is just a platform of expression, and like i stated it 'amplified' our views;its either you are being naive or you don't have a sense of history if you strongly feel the social media revolution led to the freedom of speech we enjoy today in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 1:50pm On Feb 11, 2015
more opinions;lets discuss!!
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Nobody: 1:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
Very true
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by KanwuliaJara: 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
I don't kia!
GEJ or NAIRALAND BURNS!!!! kiss
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2015
AZeD1:

1. GEJ's government promotes freedom of speech like no other government has ever done in Nigeria. Everybody knows that
2. There are moral lessons to be learned in GEJ's rise to political power, if you chose not to learn anything from it, then you're on your own.
3. She is successful because she is the wife of the president. Is Michelle Obama successful?
4. He is a leader, I doubt if you also know what the term leader means
5. Is GEJ impatient?

Great institutions are led by people of strong will and character and it takes patience to build and sustain them.
Is GEJ selfish?

1 Like

Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
I don't kia!
GEJ or NAIRALAND BURNS!!!! kiss

take am easy oooo
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by KanwuliaJara: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=Immune1 post=30633305]

take am easy oooo[/qu
THEY CAN'T DO SHYTE, but employ the usual CYBER goons to start publishing ISP ADDRESSES AND NAMES ON NL!

I nor get ex-convict record oh!
Amen!!!!! cool
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
[quote author=KanwuliaJara post=30633408][/quote]

ok ooo;if you say so
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
J12:

1. GEJ's government promotes freedom of speech like no other government has ever done in Nigeria. Everybody knows that
2. There are moral lessons to be learned in GEJ's rise to political power, if you chose not to learn anything from it, then you're on your own.
3. She is successful because she is the wife of the president. Is Michelle Obama successful?
4. He is a leader, I doubt if you also know what the term leader means
5. Is GEJ impatient?

Great institutions are led by people of strong will and character and it takes patience to build and sustain them.
Is GEJ selfish?

Spot on; some people just find it difficult to read between the lines i guess
Re: 5 Unscripted Lessons/Gains Of The Jonathan Government by Immune1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
Immune1:
By Akan Inyang

As a nation we have been through a lot of internal conflicts and international criticisms, but inspite of these seemingly insurmountable upset Nigeria still prevails as single growing nation. Unfortunately the major drivers of politics today are ethnicity and religion as opposed to competence and integrity; these are the reasons why we are stuck with the kind of leaders we have. But in the end every nation has its story and today this is the Nigerian story.
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is one of our realities and today he is our president. Beyond what majority of Nigerians or international communities may feel about this person or his government, I strongly believe that in these times Nigeria needed and still needs a president like him. Kindly exercise a little patience to read further and uncover some of my reasons; most of which are not conventional I must say.

His personality has encouraged Nigerians to truly embrace ‘freedom of speech’: Jonathan’s calm and humble personality allows well placed and even ordinary Nigerians voice their opinions in more ways than we have ever witnessed in the Nigerian history. This has set an irreversible trend that no president after him can suppress or reverse by any form of intimidation. More than we have ever witnessed today, common Nigerians now have a very audible voice which has been amplified by the social media and deeply entrenched freedom of press Nigeria enjoys today.

His story is phenomenal and gives hope to the average Nigerian man: we all know the Goodluck ‘no shoes’ story; his humble beginnings and how he dramatically rose to the seat of the president of Nigeria by staying humble with a clear sense of purpose and unbridled ambition. Many say it’s just mere ‘Goodluck’ but his rise and rise has been a combination of ‘hardwork and smartwork’ behind the scenes; you simply can’t take that away from this man.

Patience Jonathan is a strong reminder that Nigerian women can be successful by simply being ‘real’ and sticking with a good man: clearly this woman is a reminder to all young women that for you to be the wife of a successful man you don’t have to be sophisticated- based on western standards. All you have to do is be the best you can be; be Nigerian and be yourself! You all will agree with me today that our Nigerian women hold very highly skewed validations and impossible standards which so far is depleting our culture and our true sense of belonging which stands the risk of being passed on to the next generation. On another note, you need to watch her Okrika campaigns/community engagements (in pidgin and her local dialect) for you to appreciate her funny, witty, bold and audacious side which most definitely compliments her husband.

The Jonathan story drives home the fact that there is nothing like a ‘born leader’: leadership is a continuous learning process where you learn from mistakes, get better and better. Just as Goodluck Jonathan has gotten better in making decisions, bolder in making speeches and more assertive than he was back in 2010. The truth is you can never become a great leader in one day; it’s a hard-biting process.

Jonathan is a patient man trying to inculcate the ‘patience virtue’ in Nigerians: For you to appreciate the Jonathan transformation you need a patient mind as the Nigerian problem today is a summation of many short-term solutions to appease the normal ‘quick gratification cravings’ of an average Nigerian. If we embraced long-term solutions (in areas like power, transportation, automotive industry, capitalist-driven job creation, monetary policies etc.) in the past, we definitely won’t be where we are today. Simply put, Jonathan isn’t doing things that pleases the eyes of an average Nigerian, neither is he doing most of what we want; rather he is focusing on our real needs which are sustainable in the long-term and in the near future eg, the re-construction of the Benin-Ore/ Abuja-Lokoja roads took time to build, but today these are the best quality of roads ever built in Nigeria-I repeat-best quality of roads ever in Nigeria- also the revived railway system after 28years of rot will ensure that these roads lasts even longer.

Am I saying he is the best Nigeria has to offer? A big NO!

My motivation to pen down a few of my observations is because Buhari is not the ‘change messiah’ many have tagged him as; rather Jonathan is a confirmed progressive transformer Nigeria needs today.
Clearly he needs your support, but always remember that whether or not you offer your individual support, it won’t stop progress, true democracy and moving forward from the old ways because there a many Nigerians that share the same thoughts like me!
I see no reason why this shouldnt make front page.

(1) (Reply)

Touching Speech By Major Buhari / On Obasanjo’s Exit: ‘we Remain Focused’ - PDP Releases Statement / Change 2015: Only Nigerians Can Solve The Problem With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.