Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. (57740 Views)

Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains / 8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Why You Should Never Ignore These 5 Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2015
sweetuju:
All of you girls saying "bear the pain" "ignore it" "use hot water bottles" Neva see pain. Wat u ve is just stomach upset not painful menstruation. I almost died one night cos I tried bitter leaf which didn't work and d pain Dat normally come for just day one now entered d second day. For the hot water bottles it works for someone Dat is jobless cos u dnt expect me to carry hot water bottle to d office. A doctor prescribed piroxicam to me and it works for me. If u find it strong use paracetamol 3-4days to the date Dat didn't work for me. Mine is so serious Dat wen I was younger I slept in d hospital several times cos of Dat. OP u can take paracetamol days to d day it may work for u. Goodluck

God bless u, I thought I was the only one cos I really dont get how pple manages with all those stuff witout drug.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
zizirecords:
@OP I am a medical doctor and can give you some professional advice. While there are many suggestions about how to handle menstrual cramps, you have to be careful because many of them are not safe.

Taking analgesics may still be your best (and SAFEST) bet. Try to eat well to avoid developing peptic ulcer which can result from drugs such as Felvin. If the pains are really bad, see a gynecologist.

All the best.

doc wat of middle pain? safe to go with analgesic ryt
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by dasean1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
Itz Seanzy Pee
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by BabaAra2(m): 2:25pm On Feb 12, 2015
chinnyness122:
Please i need help and useful advice on how to handle menstrual pain without using drugs. I do experience a very painful period every month. The pain usually last up to 6hours or more on d first two days of my period. I use to take pain relief drugs like Ladinax and Ibuprofen but stopped using them since i got to know that they are harmful to health.

I want to know if there are natural ways dat i can subside the pain. Its really excruciating. Thank u all

Take OROKI every night five days to your cycle. If you can add a little lime better.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Vixen101(f): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2015
Try green tea, Lipton works too or just warm water. Remember to avoid anything sugary.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Kingsasian(m): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
laprince:
Thank God am a male.
Thanking God jejely
wetin u dey find here?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Mimicole(f): 2:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
During my own time Feldene(not felvin) a small dark red capsule helps to stop the pain in less than an hour or so. I didn't suffer any side effects, at least not yet.
On days when Feldene was not available, I take small stout, it doesn't stop the pain but helps me sleep through it.
But now after 3 kids, menstrual cramps is a thing of the past, and I can only thank God that phase of my life has passed. wink
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by samlambert(m): 3:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
I use felvin during the period.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by chinnyness122(f): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2015
Dammyjohn:

You said personal.Can't you see that it has got to a level where the lady can no longer handle it alone that is why she is making it public.So,don't blame her.Just tell her the solution.
thank u bro.....his comment jes weakened me when I saw it
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by chinnyness122(f): 4:20pm On Feb 12, 2015
jerg1:

plz what are the side effect of these drugs, cos I can't think of ant other way except with rhe use of drug(s)

I am not sure of d side effects of Ladinax but I know av read an article where ibuprofen was listed among d drugs dat damage d liver
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by lifestyle1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
Mimicole:
During my own time Feldene(not felvin) a small dark red capsule helps to stop the pain in less than an hour or so. I didn't suffer any side effects, at least not yet.
On days when Feldene was not available, I take small stout, it doesn't stop the pain but helps me sleep through it.
But now after 3 kids, menstrual cramps is a thing of the past, and I can only thank God that phase of my life has passed. wink

"Feldene is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It may cause an increased risk of serious and sometimes fatal heart and blood vessel problems (eg, heart attack, stroke). The risk may be greater if you already have heart problems or if you take Feldene for a long time. Do not use Feldene right before or after bypass heart surgery.

Feldene may cause an increased risk of serious and sometimes fatal stomach ulcers and bleeding. Elderly patients may be at greater risk. This may occur without warning signs."

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/feldene.html
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Dammyjohn(m): 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
chinnyness122:

thank u bro.....his comment jes weakened me when I saw it
No,no,no.Be strong lady.And I believe,you must have found solution to the problem?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by zemaye: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
chinnyness122
had to mention you because the topic is already flooded
i will tell you what has worked for me like charm
i use to have painful M.P
- I started exercising i think it's important to add that it brought the most relieve to me then
- know food that accelerate the pain and completely avoid them prior to your period
-chart your period and prepare according to stay active and well hydrated
-the exercise i mean, you should adopt it as a lifestyle change and do what you enjoy
that said feell free to ask me any questions am not good at typing epistle but there is more.......
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Zanxx(f): 4:38pm On Feb 12, 2015
my dear try chewing ginger. it worked like magic for me. i accidentally stumbled on it last month while trying to get rid of a nasty cough. i chewed ginger three times daily for weeks. when my menses came that month, i didnt experience a thing.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by zizirecords(m): 5:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
You are welcome dear. Stay safe.
babestell:

Thank you dr
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by chinnyness122(f): 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
BabaAra2:

Take OROKI every night five days to your cycle. If you can add a little lime better.
Wats OROKI please
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by chinnyness122(f): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
Dammyjohn:

No,no,no.Be strong lady.And I believe,you must have found solution to the problem?
ya..am abit relieved
I used hot towel on my tummy, though d pain didn't totally disappear. I had to absent myself from school...
am stronger now shaa.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by chinnyness122(f): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2015
zemaye:
chinnyness122
had to mention you because the topic is already flooded
i will tell you what has worked for me like charm
i use to have painful M.P
- I started exercising i think it's important to add that it brought the most relieve to me then
- know food that accelerate the pain and completely avoid them prior to your period
-chart your period and prepare according to stay active and well hydrated
-the exercise i mean, you should adopt it as a lifestyle change and do what you enjoy
that said feell free to ask me any questions am not good at typing epistle but there is more.......

thanks dear....d hot water relieved me a little but For the subsequent ones, I will try to stay away from sugary food, take enough water and den exercise more often
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by dexcira(f): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2015
ephi123:

That someone said something doesn't make it true through.

Every drug has side effects to varying degrees but to generalize and say Felvin causes fibroid, haba! tongue
on point
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Dammyjohn(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
chinnyness122:

ya..am abit relieved
I used hot towel on my tummy, though d pain didn't totally disappear. I had to absent myself from school...
am stronger now shaa.
Thank GOD.I strongly believe with time you will be fully ok.And please,make sure you try google it and you will find many other ways to combat it.I can help you google it also if you don't mind?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by adezjamz(m): 6:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
kessluvall:

Translation plz?
confirm african
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by macdelene(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2015
godsveryown:
U can use pawpaw fruit, date palm,tiger nuts and very ripe plantain. Either of dis works u can try eating dem 2,3days to ur period

These are killer remedies, pls don't try them. They to worsen the pain. Any thing sweet around that period is nt advice
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by godsveryown(f): 7:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
macdelene:

These are killer remedies, pls don't try them. They to worsen the pain. Any thing sweet around that period is nt advice
have tried it b4? Hw wuld u just conclude? Date palm and tiger nuts are very medicinal. Unless u hav verified don't just jump into conclusions...Its not healthy.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by tmerry2(f): 8:52pm On Feb 12, 2015
What side effect does ibuprofen have?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Immaangel(f): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2015
I use ladymax or Ladinex or ladimax. They are all d same thing. It has green and yellow colour
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by KMB: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
Sips of warm water.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
Skillfullulu:
This kinda topic ought to b personal
not until you opened to read even after reading the topic.

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
virgins don't go thru these crisis oh!
well, massage your abdomen with hot balm and avoid sugary things!!! it thickens the blood and expands the vessels which causes trembling!!!

and ehm... please abstain from sex. it works.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 12, 2015
ephi123:

That someone said something doesn't make it true through.

Every drug has side effects to varying degrees but to generalize and say Felvin causes fibroid, haba! tongue
them for close down the company since nah.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Bloomingbud(f): 12:38am On Feb 13, 2015
toluwaniyahoo:
deworm every three months

Thanks but does it have anything to do with it?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by bishop4life(m): 9:38am On Feb 13, 2015
learnt so much for my ledi... gotta try out stuffs.
nice thread.
all tanks to chinnyness122[b] undecidedlearnt so much for my ledi... gotta try out stuffs.
nice thread.
all tanks to chinnyness122[b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) / Babajide Arije Dies Of COVID-19 Hours To 60th Birthday In Lagos (Photo) / Giant 400-Gram Bladder Stone Surgically Removed From Vietnamese Woman (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.