Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. (57731 Views)

Dysmenorrhea - The ABC Of Menstrual Pains / 8 Home Remedies To Solve Menstrual Cramps. / Why You Should Never Ignore These 5 Pains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by lordizak(m): 7:24am On Feb 14, 2015
I think sex does.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Lumie08(f): 8:39am On Feb 15, 2015
Normally i dont have serious episodes that cannot be managed by ignoring and just taking a stroll but a particular month, i took a particular drink a day before (as-per nothing dey, it no kuku dey pain me too much) and i had this serious pain that had me begging God to forgive all my sins. I couldnt walk, i couldnt sit, i couldnt stand, i couldnt lay down and i was trembling so badly without even being cold. So i tried taking warm water which i hate so badly and it worked wonders.

So i believe if u dont wanna take drugs like me, let warm water be ur companion and wen u feel u can manage taking a walk please do. dont stay idle too.

1 Like

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by ephi123(f): 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2015
Ladies, some more info for those interested. Seems particular multivitamins help:
http://www.marilynglenville.com/womens-health-issues/heavy-periods/
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Mimicole(f): 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2015
lifestyle1:

"Feldene is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It may cause an increased risk of serious and sometimes fatal heart and blood vessel problems (eg, heart attack, stroke). The risk may be greater if you already have heart problems or if you take Feldene for a long time. Do not use Feldene right before or after bypass heart surgery.

Feldene may cause an increased risk of serious and sometimes fatal stomach ulcers and bleeding. Elderly patients may be at greater risk. This may occur without warning signs."

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/feldene.html
Hmmm that's some serious shit!
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Ariyke: 12:23am On Feb 21, 2015
Pls I need to know the side effect of using kacharm cry cry I don't think I can survive a month without it cry
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by vdavydenko: 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2015
I don't think home treatment is a good option anyway.. You should go to a good clinic with such a problem. I heard, there are lots of working pils nowadays, you can easily get some online on http://www.rxmedsonline.net Don't hesitate to take some
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2015
try moringa / garlic,then come back and thank me
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by babestell(f): 2:39pm On Mar 02, 2015
I had the most painful period pains ever in my life, this past weekend. I had to be rushed to the hospital screaming in pain.........I could barely walk. Just one injection and after like 20mins the pain became bearable. It took me a whole day to recover.

I couldn't keep anything down and I couldn't exercise. I was shivering like a drown rat!!!!
Damn! Now i understand why some women say they will never go through the birth process. The pain was totally out of this world.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by kemiola89(f): 9:42pm On Mar 02, 2015
^^^^ Eeya! The agony of the female folks.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by DrAify(f): 3:36am On Mar 03, 2015
If you are going to take a NSAID for more than 3days,please do take milk to neutralize the acidity from the stomach....Avoid carbohydrate during your period,exercise and eat more of fruits
.You can go on a day fast with fruits only before the start of your period
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2015
women are trying.maa toju iyawo mi daada
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by tuslakoncept: 6:04am On Mar 04, 2015
You may or may not have heard of Black seed (nigella sativa) before. It goes by many names, including black caraway, Roman coriander, and black cumin, to name a few. But no matter what you call it, these seeds are loaded with health benefits that we are only beginning to understand. From eliminating harmful bacteria to regenerating the body’s cells and tissues, here are 10 awesome research-backed health benefits of black cumin.

Health Benefits Of Black Seed

1. Type 2 diabetes – Researchers found that just two grams daily of black seed could result in reduced fasting blood sugar levels, along with decreased insulin resistance, and increased beta-cell function in the pancreas.
2. Epilepsy –  Published in Medical Science Monitor, one study found black seed to be effective at reducing the frequency of seizures in children who resisted conventional treatment. Black seed indeed has anti-convulsive properties.
3. Colon Cancer - In cell studies, black seed has been found to have anti-cancer properties, inhibiting the growth of colon cancer cells specifically. In one animal study, the seed was able to fight colon cancer in rats successfully with no observable side effects. The same obviously can’t be said for conventional cancer treatments.
4. MRSA - The deadly and antibiotic-resistant bacterial infection known commonly as MRSA responded favorably to treatment with black seed in this study from the University of Health Sciences in Lahore, Pakistan.
5. Protection Against Heart Attack Damage - An extract from black seed has been shown to possess heart-protective qualities, dampening damages associated with heart attacks and boosting overall heart health.
Read: Health Benefits of 60+ Foods

6. Breast Cancer - A few studies have linked a thymoquinone extract from nigella sativa to reduced breast cancer tumor growth and increased apoptosis (cell death) in breast cancer cells.
7. Brain Cancer - A study published in the online journal PLoS One indicates thymoquinone from black seed can induce cell death in glioblastoma cells. Glioblastoma is one of the most aggressive brain tumors of all.
8. Leukemia - As it’s been shown to do with other types of cancer, black seed compound thymoquinone has also been shown to induce apoptosis in leukemia cells.
9. Brain Damage from Lead - A study published in Experimental and Toxicologic Pathology  indicates black seed is able to dampen and reverse damage to the brain sparked by lead toxicity.
10. Oral Cancer – Research indicates thymoquinone from nigella sativa is able to induce cell apoptosis in oral cancer cells.
These ten benefits of nigella sativa are truly only the tip of the iceberg. Mounting evidence indicates this seed is a powerful healer. Stay tuned for Part 2 of this article where we’ll add to the list of benefits. 

Call 07031315222 Whatsapp 08180705560 BBM:2A4E4D29

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by adelurv(f): 2:40pm On Mar 12, 2015
What's the major cause of irregular periods??
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by amokeme(f): 1:13am On Mar 13, 2015
cataflam tab 50mg. I use 3tabs every month, works perfectly for me.. no pain atall, I just hope it doesn't have any side effect tho
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by kemiola89(f): 6:24am On Mar 13, 2015
I use paracetamol every once in a month which eases the pain for me, but I heard paracetamol is addictive and I'd like to go all natural by not using any drug. Is it really possible to control the pains without drugs?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by dazzlingkenny: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2015
Menstrual pain....i thank God it's all over.
I spend my menstrual days at the hospital. I use ladinax 3days before my period starts, it got to a point it wasn't working for me, I used different drugs that I can't remember their names. I Rotate them because if I use one this month, there is probability it won't work the following month. The last drug I use to take and was very effective was dicofenac or any brand of "fenac".
My doctor prescribed 1 daily but the pain gets so severe that I use 3 some days.
After my first baby, viola...no more pain. 3 kids now. No more menstrual pain.
Hot water bottle didn't work for me.
Sugar free didn't work either.

My father calculates my cycles with me, because the pain of those days were unbearable. Votiming, pain not eating for 5 days. I will be on drip for 2-3days at the hospital bcuz of menstrual pain. Until I started using dicofenac 3 days before my period. If I use it a day before or on the day my period starts, I will end up in the hospital.

Just bare the pain and try and know what works best for you. You can prepare your body before your period starts.
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by sisiafrika(f): 9:15pm On May 14, 2015
Lumie08:
Normally i dont have serious episodes that cannot be managed by ignoring and just taking a stroll but a particular month, i took a particular drink a day before (as-per nothing dey, it no kuku dey pain me too much) and i had this serious pain that had me begging God to forgive all my sins. I couldnt walk, i couldnt sit, i couldnt stand, i couldnt lay down and i was trembling so badly without even being cold. So i tried taking warm water which i hate so badly and it worked wonders.

So i believe if u dont wanna take drugs like me, let warm water be ur companion and wen u feel u can manage taking a walk please do. dont stay idle too.

are u male or female?
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by 123yeye: 9:06am On May 15, 2015
Get curative treatment for Hypertension, Influenza. Diabetes, Asthma, Cancer, chronic Heart, Lever and Kidney disease etc. here in India

The private hospitals and clinics in India are at the forefront of medical technology and equipped with modern state-of-the-art technology and highly skilled medical personnel. Indian doctors are considered to be among the best in the world and their high level of surgical expertise evolves from many years of training – after studying in India many doctors train and work internationally, many of them in the USA or UK.

India has always had a very large private health sector including providers of modern medicine as well as traditional practitioners and has one of best medical service Offering some of the best medical treatment in the world and with an excellent reputation in its private hospitals India’s health

We can also get you medical Visa for your treatment A Medical Visa is given to those seeking medical treatment in reputed/recognized specialized hospitals/treatment centers in India. Up to two attendants who are blood relatives are allowed to accompany the applicant under separate Medical Attendant visas.

Contact us today, benmark2848@gmail.com call +919560358872
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by moneytreeteam: 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2015
Why should one start to seek counsel on how it can be managed, since it can actually be prevented.

If you have heard about the Loetue Cocoa concentrate before, you must have heard about its ability to prevent menstrual anomalies.

Money follows value! The more issues you'll facilitate others solve, the wealthier you'll become.

MoneyTreeTeam is providing you a beautiful product with speedy effects. this is often for sure a chance to assist folks around you, live healthy lives, and additionally empower you to earn further financial gain .

Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by joeybankz: 9:02am On Jun 06, 2016
Analgesic And Antiphypeuritic, A Critical View On The Journal of Pharmacology

This research examined the effect of orphenedol on lipid profile in albino rats.

Twenty albino rats were used in this study. The albino rats were grouped into A, B, C and D, five rats per group. Groups A, B and C were treated with 21.00, 42.00 and 84mg/kg body weight respectively of orphenedol solution for seven consecutive days and Group D was the control. There was a decrease in physical activities in the test animals while in that of the control there was no visible change in physical activity.

There was also a decrease in food and water intake in treated groups while in control no change was observed. There was a significant increase (P<0.05) in triglyceride, total cholesterol, and low density lipoprotein levels of animals administered with the drug. A significant decrease (P<0.05) in high density lipoprotein level was recorded in the treated groups when compared to the control .
http://www.prestnaija.com/analgesic-antiphypeuritic-critical-view-journal-pharmacology/
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by joeybankz: 7:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Uses of Analgesics And Disorder Requiring Analgesics
Salicylates are drugs divided into two groups, acetylated and nonacetylated. They are antipyretic drugs; Aspirin are acetylated while others such as dialcid (salsalate and trillisate) chlorine magnesium are non acetylated.
http://www.prestnaija.com/uses-analgesics-disorder-requiring-analgesics/
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by charlet77: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2017
This is the most wonderful thing i have ever experienced. I visited a forum here on the internet on the 20 march 2017, and i saw a marvelous testimonies on the forum about the good works of DR ewinhare. I never believed it, because have never heard anything about such miracle before. No body would have been able to convince me about it not until DR ewinhare did a marvelous work for me that restored my marriage of 9 years by getting back my divorced Husband within 48 hours just as i read on the internet. I was truly shocked when my Husband came home pleading for forgiveness to accept him back. Am really short of words to show my appreciation to DR ewinhare for he is a God sent to me and my entire family for divine restoration of marriage. Are you in need of any help whatsoever? Don't hesitate to get in touch with him now. He also specializes on the follows;
Divorce/marriage reconciliation
Business growth
Promotion in your place of work/office
Making banks to grants loans
Cures of diseases such as; Cancer, Hiv Aids, Zika virus, Herpes Disease, Sexual Infection E.T.C.
Pregnancy or Fertility spell
Getting your EX/lover back
Getting your wife/husband back
Getting your boyfriend/girlfriend back
Email: ewinharespelltemple@gmail.com
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by jbblues24(m): 6:26am On May 31, 2019
Yes yes yes yes yes yes. lipsrsealed
Re: Managing Menstrual Pains Without Drugs. by jbblues24(m): 12:49am On Jun 02, 2019
I never meant to cause you any sorrow. I never meant to cause you any pain. I only wanted to one time see you laughing. I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It / Tongue Of A Woman Bitten By A Poisonous Spider (Graphic Photos) / Babajide Arije Dies Of COVID-19 Hours To 60th Birthday In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.