Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion (2970 Views)

FG Begins Process To Extradite James Ibori After Gaining Freedom From UK Prison / Warning To Yorubas,the Northerners You So Much Support Don't Regard You. Read!!! / Olu Falae Meets Mimiko After Gaining Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Breiny: 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
General Mohammadu Buhari has no doubt received more support than he has in his previous attempts at gunning for the Presidency. This time we have seen so much name calling like never before, we have seen newspaper adverts and documentaries like never before. Why do you think he has so much support support. I spoke to my friends and their reasons were

1. Nigerians are simply tired of the ruling party.
2. The merger with APC changed the game
3. Better campaign strategies with the introduction of Osinbajo.

Let's hear from you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by sublimes: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2015
For your mind!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2015
It's because GEJ has screwed up big time and lack of a better alternative beside Buhari. IF Fashola was to contest this election under common Labour Party,GMB and GEJ wldnt be an issue.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by TheOtherview: 2:52pm On Feb 11, 2015
Simple - Despite all that has gone on before (and we have had some dreadful ones too), Jonathan has positioned himself as the poster child of decrepit leadership!

Despite the retard#@ed rants of GeJites which tend to trail my posts on these boards, anyone who has ever read me well knows that my unwavering stance is best summed up by the following paragraph.

I have studied him from a distance, questioned those who have closely interacted with him, including his former running-mate, Pastor Bakare, and dissected his key utterances past and current. And my findings? A plausible transformation that comes close to that of another ex-military dictator, Mathew Kerekou of the Benin Republic. Despite such encouraging precedents however, I continue to insist that the bridge into any future expectation remains a sheer leap of faith. Such a leap I find impossible to concede to his close rival, since we are living in President Jonathan’s present, in an environment that his six years in office have created and now seek to consolidate. That is the frightening prospect. It requires more than a superhuman effort to concede to the present incumbent a springboard for a people’s critical leap.​

Whatever happens from hereon, Goodluck Jonathan should not to be considered a viable option.

Uncle Wole has spoken well - let those who have ears hear grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2015
It was spoken of in the good Book that as the end approaches deciet will take over mankind.

Today, homosexuality is not only celebrated but promoted.

ISIS, in spite of all the barbaric acts still draws support from over 80% of Muslims in the west. The same is with our Boko Haram.

A Buhari, surrounded by the same recycled criminals in the PDP and CPC and ACN with crooked characters like Amaechi and Tinubu are seen as agent of change.

And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

2 Thessalonians 2:11
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Gbawe: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2015
TheOtherview:
Simple - Despite all that has gone on before (and we have had some dreadful ones too), Jonathan has positioned himself as the poster child of decrepit leadership!

Despite the retard#@ed rants of GeJites which tend to trail my posts on these boards, anyone who has ever read me well knows that my unwavering stance is best summed up by the following paragraph.

Whatever happens from hereon, Goodluck Jonathan should not to be considered a viable option.

Uncle Wole has spoken well - let those who have ears hear grin

This is the crux of the matter. Jonathan, after enjoying immense goodwill when he became substantive President in 2011, has unravelled as a hideous misruler and a brazenly corrupt leader. Buhari is more popular this time around because of the perception he has positive qualities which makes him distinctly different to those GEJ possesses that predisposed him to loot and misrule Nigeria. Where it is now confirmed that GEJ is nauseatingly corrupt, to the detriment of Nigeria, Buhari is perceived as a leader who will not support corruption and will fight it vigorously.

Buhari is viewed as disciplined, immaterialistic, efficient and austere whereas GEJ is now deemed inefficient, profligate and callously materialistic ala ten airplanes and N1 billion annual food bill. Jonathan, universally, is now perceived as weak, indecisive and easily bullied while Buhari is deemed to be resolute, focused and decisive. Jonathan is the champion of the corrupt elite and works for them but Buhari is pro-people. In short, Buhari is the much better opposite of GEJ and this is what Nigerians want at this point after GEJ has virtually destroyed our nation over 5 years.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
Simply because Jonathan has disappointed Nigerians, PDP has failed the country. We want something different, we want change.

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by KanwuliaJara: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
SUPPORT from cocaine sniffers? undecided
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by DonaldGenes(m): 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2015
Two very Salient things are involve

1.Infamous NIS Shambolic Recruitment exercise that lead to the death of Innocent Nigerians It will forever hunt this Administration- for the records

2.Corruption has really peaked

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2015
Coming from the heels of threats and actions by the north to destabilize the polity if their demands for power to return back to the north, I will never ever in my life vote for a northern muslim candidate. Doing so is bowing to terrorists claims.

And if you are one of many fools who can't seem to see the obvuious connection bewteen the northern oligarchy and the insurgency then you are obviously retardded.

What I see in this Buhari support is that it is mainly built on a backlash on GEJ administration. The Buharists want Goodluck out for whatever reason they have bought from the heap of APC propaganda lies. They support Buhari because they have been made to hate Goodluck.

They are not thinking clearly of how and what a Buhari win will do for them or the country as a whole. To them, they will figure that piece of information when or rather if Buhari gets there.

Buhari and his campaign train know this and that is why they are yet to tell us exactly how they will change Nigeria.

God give una sense

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Kingofdevils: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
you mean on nairaland only?
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Truth24(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kingofdevils:
God bless you
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2015
DonaldGenes:

2.Corruption has really peaked

On the federal level corruption has been checked to an all time low by plugging the avenues and loop holes that were availlable.

This is one of several reasons they want Goodluck and Ngozi out.

They are not eating as usual.

The change they want is to return back to the old.

The issue of Ghost workers and other sundry avenues are non existent.

This is the lie the APC WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kingofdevils:
Truth24:

God bless you

you two should keep deceiving yourselves.
online poll conducted by was it doyin okupe (not too sure now) Buhari won,
online poll conducted by AIT Buhari won, so what are you two talking about.
WAKE UP TO REALITY

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by oduastates: 3:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
Many.
Just a couple of minutes ago.

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G : Nigeria shuts down the Interbank Market - Naira oversold at N205/$1
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Kingofdevils: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
firstEVA:

you two should keep deceiving yourselves.
online poll conducted by was it doyin okupe (not too sure now) Buhari won,
online poll conducted by AIT Buhari won, so what are you two talking about.
WAKE UP TO REALITY

by multiple ips

ediott

buhari can never rule a united nigeria

we dont have time for shitt we do shitts on the polling units with pvc not some online trash

buhari is a terrorist
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by adebisicutie: 3:56pm On Feb 11, 2015
All of the above but the biggest reason is we are fed up of Gej and his cronies

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kingofdevils:

by multiple ips

ediott

buhari can never rule a united nigeria

we dont have time for shitt we do shitts on the polling units with pvc not some online trash

buhari is a terrorist
even as you typed this gibberish you know deep down that you are deceiving yourself, the wind of change is blowing all around, even Jonathan is being blinded by the wind. You either wake up or die in your state of delusion.

king of devils indeed, online devil, lol grin
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Shegbe: 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
GMB may not be the best thing that has happened to Nigeria but we are tired of corruption and broad day light robbery

1. NNPC Scam
2. Farouq Lawan Scam
3. Petroleum Subsidy Scam
4. Pension Scheme Scam
5. Stella Odua Bullet Proof Car Scam
6. Deziani Private Jet Maintenance Scam
7. Excess Crude Account Scam
You can add the other scams you remember.
Nigeria is the only place you steal billions and bail yourself with 700k

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by MalcoImX: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

On the federal level corruption has been checked to an all time low by plugging the avenues and loop holes that were availlable.

This is one of several reasons they want Goodluck and Ngozi out.

They are not eating as usual.

The change they want is to return back to the old.

The issue of Ghost workers and other sundry avenues are non existent.

This is the lie the APC WANTS YOU TO BELIEVE.

Do you live in Siberia?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Micuilles: 4:36pm On Feb 11, 2015
@ op, it's only in your mind Buhari is gaining "so much" support.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Kingspin(m): 4:46pm On Feb 11, 2015
Buhari is not getting any meaningful supports it just the media houses including the social media that is doing the talking and that is the background of propaganda by the APC. Since, the campaign began Pa Buhari has not said any thing to convince or command any real support from Nigerians. Now, outside the APC media war and propaganda to gain support. A good look at the man Buhari and a run down on his speeches can you tell us at what point of time has Buhari convince us that he is the Messiah. Buhari, should be the front man. He need to speak to Nigerians not like i will give free education, stop poverty or give boreholes this is not a chairmanship post. Let hear from him direct tell us how and how, what and what? The vision u have for Nigerians and Nigeria. Speak, so that the media will write and make headlines. I want to see a run down of his plan and vision for the people Nigeria. We like to judge u on ur words not the ones by the media. Buhari speak to us now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
MalcoImX:
Do you live in Siberia?

Do you use your brain?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Kingofdevils: 5:02pm On Feb 11, 2015
firstEVA:
even as you typed this gibberish you know deep down that you are deceiving yourself, the wind of change is blowing all around, even Jonathan is being blinded by the wind. You either wake up or die in your state of delusion.

king of devils indeed, online devil, lol grin

And Buhari will be crushed by the transformation train
Because
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget
Obasanjo is a monkey
Lier Muhammed is charlatan
Amaechi is a thief

Gej till 2019

Btw

Am the king of demons and devils
BEWARE because i can take your miserable life
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by focus7: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2015
Simple, Jonathan is a bad product in the market and Buhari is the available option to flush the bad product out of market.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by scribble: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2015
some Nigerians have fish brain

some want a Northerner and a muslim like them

There is too much poverty, ignorance and no education in the North

Social Media has been basically bought by APC who pay everyone from omojuwa, ogundamisi, Saharareporters etc to sway public opinion on Twitter etc

People are disillusioned with GEJ and dont see his successes because his PR machinery is not that strong

Abeg just read chimamandas latest article for more informate

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:09pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kingofdevils:

And Buhari will be crushed by the transformation train
Because
Buhari is a terrorist
Apc Is bokoharam
Tinubu is a bastard
Osibanjo is a vagabond
Elrufai is a midget
Obasanjo is a monkey
Lier Muhammed is charlatan
Amaechi is a thief

Gej till 2019

Btw

Am the king of demons and devils
BEWARE because i can take your miserable life
I laugh at your stupidity, even the devil cannot help Gej hahahhahahhaha

What is transformation train? It must be the refurbished/old school train which moves like a snail and takes 21 hours to move from lokoja to lagos, I laugh at you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Kingofdevils: 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2015
firstEVA:
I laugh at your stupidity, even the devil cannot help Gej hahahhahahhaha

What is transformation train? It must be the refurbished/old school train which moves like a snail and takes 21 hours to move from lokoja to lagos, I laugh at you.

Just like this one in the illiterate terrorist general Buhari

Hopless bastard vagabond nonentity like you

Otu nne i

Buhari dies of high bp
While it's Gej till 2019

Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by MalcoImX: 5:11pm On Feb 11, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Do you use your brain?
I do. Do you have a brain?
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2015
Kingofdevils:

Just like this one in the illiterate terrorist general Buhari

Hopless bastard vagabond nonentity like you

Otu nne i

Buhari dies of high bp
While it's Gej till 2019
stop fooling yourself on the internet, accept defeat, you are all going down after tjhe elections.
Re: Why Is Buhari Gaining So Much Support This Time? Let's Hear Your Opinion by egift(m): 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2015
Nigerians are tired of Jonathan, his Corruption and Cluelessness. We want Change to a better and more competent leadership. Everyone (the rich and the poor) are suffering under the burden of Jonathan's failures. Only the Corrupt folks that are smiling.

Vote for Change. Sai Buhari.

(1) (2) (Reply)

“Buhari Will Win The Election & There Will Be No Annulment” – Obasanjo / BREAKING: Nigeria's Next First Lady Revealed. / Another Massacre Currently Going On In Plateau . APC All The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.