Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,954 members, 7,845,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims (2883 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Atheist Kills 3 Muslims Execution Style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Weah96: 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2015
Maamin:

Can the same yardstick be used for theist that kill others that does not share the same faith as them?

You see, which ever way you pet up the act of this Atheist..it does not neglect the fact that something he so much believed in has led him to commit this tripple homicide.

He didn't kill because of atheism. He killed because he's a murderer. He's a bad person, period. Atheism doesn't change bad people into good people. Good people don't turn bad because of atheism. However, there are many examples of morally decent people doing horrible things in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Maamin(m): 11:42pm On Feb 11, 2015
johnydon22:

And where did i make such assertions?

Neither did i said you made that assertion

Here you go!..but I thought an Atheist is well behaved in the society..dont you find it demeaning and accumulation of hatred from what he has been feeding on as an Atheist against theist? Ofcourse bad people are everywhere..they only need the right reason to justify their evil acts. So talking about catalyst that induce this Atheist guy..should not be far within his believe system.

Take note of the first person singular tense wink
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Maamin(m): 11:44pm On Feb 11, 2015
Weah96:

He didn't kill because of atheism. He killed because he's a murderer. He's a bad person, period. Atheism doesn't change bad people into good people. Good people don't turn bad because of atheism. However, there are many examples of morally decent people doing horrible things in the name of religion.

I leave you to your opinion then.
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by johnydon22(m): 11:55pm On Feb 11, 2015
Maamin:

Neither did i said you made that assertion

Take note of the first person singular tense wink
You see you actually thought.

This is just another day to day crime that happens in the world.

U and i know if we start opening threads for crimes all over the world nairaland will be full.

U know when i opened this thread, i was expecting to see Someone going about killing people cus they are theist.

I was actually disappointed when i entered and saw it was just another day to day crime.

It is actually good to know that you think atheist to be very moral in the society that such act as stated above is so rare that it got you surprised.

and am sure none of the atheist in nairaland have ever claimed to be too moral which means maybe it was an observation from you.

(Mind you am not protecting anyone here, But i just need you guys to know the difference between normal day to day crime that anyone can commit from religious/belief crime like jes' us charlie stuff, boko haram, isis)

1 Like

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Ifeann(f): 11:57pm On Feb 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Can we now say that all the theist robbing and killing in the society everyday has something to do with their religion?

Maamin:
where are the Atheists that claimed to be the best of morally upright of humankind, to come and make excuses for this terrorist grin

AllNaijaBlogger:

It is good you confessed. The way you atheists normally bash christians and muslims as if you are better- now the shoe is on the other foot.

Anybody that wants to bash athesits for the actions of this man is misguided because of one reason. .. atheists don't have a common doctrine or book that calls for the godless to kill Muslims or christains. .... athiests kill because they chose to and this is traceable to the lack of a moral compass. ..

On the other hand the Qur'an commands Muslims to murder atheists and pagans. .. fight the christains And jews...and make them pay the jizyah or convert or be killed. .

This man must be condemned for his actions but there is no need bringing all atheists into the issue.
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Maamin(m): 11:58pm On Feb 11, 2015
johnydon22:

You see you actually thought.

This is just another day to day crime that happens in the world.

U and i know if we start opening threads for crimes all over the world nairaland will be full.

U know when i opened this thread, i was expecting to see Someone going about killing people cus they are theist.

I was actually disappointed when i entered and saw it was just another day to day crime.

It is actually good to know that you think atheist to be very moral in the society that such act as stated above is so rare that it got you surprised.

and am sure none of the atheist in nairaland have ever claimed to be too moral which means maybe it was an observation from you.

(Mind you am not protecting anyone here, But i just need you guys to know the difference between normal day to day crime that anyone can commit from religious/belief crime like jes' us charlie stuff, boko haram, isis)

Ok..thanks for your time I understanding and grasp what you mean now. Goodnite wink
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Maamin(m): 12:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Ifeann:

Anybody that wants to bash athesits for the actions of this man is misguided because of one reason. .. atheists don't have a common doctrine or book that calls for the godless to kill Muslims or christains. .... athiests kill because they chose to and this is traceable to the lack of a moral compass. ..

On the other hand the Qur'an commands Muslims to murder atheists and pagans. .. fight the christains And jews...and make them pay the jizyah or convert or be killed. .

This man must be condemned for his actions but there is no need bringing all atheists into the issue.

Well said wink
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by johnydon22(m): 12:02am On Feb 12, 2015
Ifeann:

This is honesty speaking... i really commend you for being truthful and unbiased.

I for one nothing saddens me more than anybody loosing his/her life cus i believe all human life is the only thing sacred.

Humans killing another is very wrong and should be condemned by all.
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by joseph1832(m): 12:10am On Feb 12, 2015
BrightEye:
Each individuals, regardless of their system of beliefs or religions, have a certain kind of instinct that defines the attitudes they display in there given societies.

Religion or system of belief doesn't control man, man controls himself!
If religion or system of beliefs doesn't control man, am curious to know what does?.
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Ifeann(f): 12:19am On Feb 12, 2015
johnydon22:

This is honesty speaking... i really commend you for being truthful and unbiased.

I for one nothing saddens me more than anybody loosing his/her life cus i believe all human life is the only thing sacred.

Humans killing another is very wrong and should be condemned by all.

As a christain i must be honest. ..no practise of al taqiyyah here. .

it actually frustrates me when i see Muslims kill them selves over Islam. .. even the isis and bh.. they are humans who Christ came to save. ..they believe they are doing their god's work. ..This gives religion a bad rep. .

the world is getting tired of Muslims. .i suspect we will see more incidents like this. .it is the only logical progression.
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by adexsimply(m): 5:53am On Feb 12, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It is good you confessed. The way you atheists normally bash christians and muslims as if you are better- now the shoe is on the other foot.
Obviously, you did not understand the post you quoted
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 1:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
adexsimply:
Obviously, you did not understand the post you quoted
smh

1 Like

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
onetrack:

I generally bash religion itself, not so much the followers unless they engage in oppression or acts of violence in the name of said religion.

I will continue to bash organized religion, as I think it's a pile of nonsense created to control people.
Are you one of those who think that atheists are more intelligent and open minded that theists?
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by sanmibukunmi: 8:18am On Feb 13, 2015
Weah96:

Abeg stop saying religion turns good people to bad people....anybody doing bad must have had bad in him and he just used the opportunity of religion to show his bad...contrary to your opinion, religion make bed people turn good....e.g some that could have been a robber before can stop robbing and doing some other immoral things when he accepts religion....but sm1 that you think is good but has a bad side that we all might not know of will just find religion as an excuse to showcase his bad side...

1 Like

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by onetrack(m): 9:08am On Feb 13, 2015
Papist:

Are you one of those who think that atheists are more intelligent and open minded that theists?

No and no, nothing unites us except a lack of belief in god. Look at my past posts and see if you find me boasting about the intelligence and open-mindedness of atheists.

I would venture that atheists are more skeptical about unsupported claims than theists are (because that's why most of us left religion in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by michaelwestern(m): 11:40am On Feb 13, 2015
I have always wondered why most atheist evidently hate theism. They spend more time researching about religion than theists themselves. I always knew that this bottled up hatred will turn to aggresion one day and unfortunately we have seen the first of many attacks on theists by atheists.

The irony is that atheists usually complain that theists always try to convert them, now reverse is the case, its now atheist that are always passionately trying to deconvert theists and turn them to atheists. Funny but true.
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Weah96: 1:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
sanmibukunmi:

Abeg stop saying religion turns good people to bad people....anybody doing bad must have had bad in him and he just used the opportunity of religion to show his bad...contrary to your opinion, religion make bed people turn good....e.g some that could have been a robber before can stop robbing and doing some other immoral things when he accepts religion....but sm1 that you think is good but has a bad side that we all might not know of will just find religion as an excuse to showcase his bad side...

Abraham in the Bible. Was he a good person or a bad man?
Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by Weah96: 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2015
michaelwestern:
I have always wondered why most atheist evidently hate theism. They spend more time researching about religion than theists themselves. I always knew that this bottled up hatred will turn to aggresion one day and unfortunately we have seen the first of many attacks on theists by atheists.

The irony is that atheists usually complain that theists always try to convert them, now reverse is the case, its now atheist that are always passionately trying to deconvert theists and turn them to atheists. Funny but true.

The man was angry about his parking space. Apparently, he and those Muslims were always having confrontations over parking spaces. Doesn't give him a reason to shoot them in cold blood, but it tells you the kind of volatile personality he has. Anyone who consistently bothers his neighbor over a visitor's parking spot is an a)sshole. There should be plenty to go around.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Terrorist? Atheist Murders 3 Muslims by davien(m): 1:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
Ask yourself this....how many times has a religious person done this same thing over and over again and why an atheist would kill for hatred of an unsubstantiated belief?...do geologists kill flat-earthers? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Praising God Culturally / Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? / The Problem With The Black Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.