Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well (1958 Views)

True Love Knows No Class. - Photo / Proposal Story Of Blogger Lizzy Oke: Love Knows No Wheelchair / Love Knows No Age ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2015
1. The feeling of being seen as something new. One of the most intoxicating things about falling in love is the feeling of newness that accompanies it. They're a mystery. You're a mystery. Suddenly, you have someone who wants more and more of you, someone who is fascinated by aspects of yourself that you take for granted, see as mundane. It's renewing; it's one of the very best things about falling in love. Why do you think lovers are so fascinated with each other's eyes? Because they not only see newness before them, they also see their own newness.

2. The slow discovery of another person's life. Accompanying that feeling of being seen as something new is the incredible sensation of newness in another person. Here is this stranger that, until now, had no impact on your life in any way, but now suddenly fascinates you more than anything else in the world. Suddenly, you find yourself hungering to know more, to know everything. You want to know all of what makes them unique: their favorite food, the way they eat peas, what they look like when they sleep... Everything from the fragrance they leave on your clothes to the way they look at you from across a room. No detail is too small or unimportant about someone you're falling for.

3. The fear of saying "I love you" and the struggle to contain it. It feels as though those three words could cause your heart to burst at the seams, but they are all but impossible to admit. The sensation is like a bruise: It hurts, but somehow comforts. The pain of it, at the very least, lets us know that it's real, that it's there, that it's ours. The inability to say it creates the feeling of lovesickness. So why is it so difficult to say? Part of it is that declarative love is wrapped up in a need for reciprocity. It is not enough to say it: We want to hear it. We crave mutuality. Not saying it wards off the possibility of the shame and embarrassment of rejection. So we suffer with our lovesickness in silence and mute hope.
Until, somehow, we find the courage to say it. If we are to ever really know, we must simply take a leap of faith and let the cards fall where they may.

4. The incredibleness of firsts. You won't forget the first time the words "I love you" are spoken. Out loud. Into reality. You will mark the first time you held her hand. You will remember the first time he gave you his coat. You will not forget your first night with her, nor the exquisite pain of your first night away from her. You will not be able to wash away the memory of the first time he kissed you. All of these "firsts" and the hundreds more to come will serve not just as milestones, but as things to look forward to, things that make you ache with anticipation.

5. Finding signs in everything. It's always tempting to ascribe the tiny things we notice when in love to signs that forces in the universe are conspiring to bring us together with the object of our affections. She likes the same drink as you? He had a cat with the same name as yours? You both wore navy blue on your first date? Must be fate. And maybe it is. And maybe it isn't. There's no way to know how or why two people can be born with no knowledge of each other whatsoever and then, through the twists and turns of life, somehow stumble onto each other. There is no harm in seeing these things as signs. Be glad for them. Enjoy them.

6. The geography of a new lover's body. A new type of learning emerges here. You begin to trace new routes to pleasure. Where to touch, how to touch. What draws a gasp, what extracts a sigh. And so you crumple the sheets. Dim the lights. Spend the day in bed. Map each other. Learn each other's bodies. Exult in the newness of it. New love is uncharted. Explore.

7. An irresistible belief in "forever." There's not a couple in the world that doesn't wonder if they're going to get married, build a life, and grow old together. It speaks to a fundamental need: the need for human companionship. Detractors will say that doesn't necessarily mean "one person," but for most people, that's the ideal when it comes to love. Even cynics sometimes stray into the romantic hope that there is such a thing as forever in love. And for some lucky people, it works. Some people find one person and stay with them, through thick and thin, to build a life and find happiness and fulfillment. And if not, stay hopeful. There will always be new loves.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by meshacha1: 11:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
There is no comments
So you should know your write up is rubbish.
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by yomi007k(m): 12:00am On Feb 12, 2015
Crap of life!
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by ivyT(f): 12:33am On Feb 12, 2015
Op just made 'falling in love' nt so exciting..
But I'll try to fall in love when I think d ryt guy has come #FreeGiving
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by sinaj(f): 12:34am On Feb 12, 2015
speechless lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by missdebs(f): 3:01am On Feb 12, 2015
this one na foolishness
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by tpiah99: 3:36am On Feb 12, 2015
I see more ex threads and things on the horizon.

lord have mercy.
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2015
@missdebs @ivyT SMH.....chaiii its too bad that at ur age ur haven't felt anything like this
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by vhickky(f): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2015
the write up isn't that bad Jo.....
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 12, 2015
the op is in love!!!

sooooooo true

especially no 3

it happens to me a lot
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by chido4real(m): 11:11am On Feb 12, 2015
For your adult pleasure toys like dildos, vibrators, hips/bust/penile enlargement creams, visit www.sunbies.com, Nigeria's largest adult pleasure toys online store.
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
undecided
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
tpiah99:
I see more ex threads and things on the horizon.

lord have mercy.
Lord have mercy?
I Am confused!

On who or what?
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by PonmileMistress(f): 3:54pm On Nov 02, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: 7 Things That Anyone Who Has Ever Fallen In Love Knows Painfully Well by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2015
ivyT:
Op just made 'falling in love' nt so exciting..
But I'll try to fall in love when I think d ryt guy has come #FreeGiving

Baby I might be the right guy don't you think ?

(1) (Reply)

GUYS Note: 3 things That Irks Girls The Most On First Date. / Some Real Facts About Men And Women / Father, Sons Jailed For Running Animal Brothel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.