Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,746 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram (1320 Views)

Ibrahim Garuba Wala Rescued 500 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram [Photos] / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury / Civil Right Group Pushes For Probe Of Buhari's Campaign Funding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by oshoademola1(m): 12:25am On Feb 12, 2015
The abduction of over 279 girls from Chibok in April,2014 is still fresh in our memory. The incidence would have repeated itself two months ago in Bajoga, Gombe state if not for the quick intervention of Ibrahim Garuba.

Ibrahim Garuba popularly known as I G Wala, a leader of National Consensus Movement (NCM) in Gombe State, Nigeria dared to arrange the evacuation of the children from the deep heart of the bush where they fled with their teachers. He has been involved with the campaign of Bring Back our Girls.

Bajoga town was under fierce attack by the jihadi insurgents. The Islamic group entered the town in a stolen Armoured Personnel Carriers. They attacked the police station, robbed the bank and looted shops. The Bajoga police, alongside a few dozen soldiers based near the town were reported to engage the group. An unknown number of militants, police and military personnel were reportedly killed.

I G Wala said he was called on phone by a teacher in the school . He said the evacuation was made possible with the help of civilians as the Nigeria Military reportedly refused to enter the area claimed it was too dangerous.

No one mentioned or reported the evacuation operation since it happened two months ago. I G Wala provided photographs and video of the rescue, showing the 470 girls, all wearing school uniforms, running in single-file through dusty terrain, many barefoot.

I G Wala said he had received no compliments from the Nigerian government or the military except from the principal of the school in Bajoga.

http://easyaccesstolife..com/2015/02/civil-right-activist-claims-to-rescue_12.html?view=sidebar

Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by Kennywills7(m): 12:31am On Feb 12, 2015
Just because dey don't want someone to rule, they decided to waste d lives of so many citizens
One way or d other those behind dis will feel d pains d families of d victims felt
They won't go unpunish
Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by 0700Jesse(m): 12:40am On Feb 12, 2015
Is it possible to go on rescue operation against BOKOHARAM and still take camera-men and photographer along? What need are they for??
This people are just looking for Government compensation
Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by akpanoka: 1:58am On Feb 12, 2015
This people look like they are on fatique or labour., probably d proncipals farm.

No sign of panick or rush. They appear to relaxed

Moreover, why are jus few of them wearing uniform, and others on mufti?

We expected to see a long cue of students adorned in their uniform as reported.
This was staged maneged for selfish reasons
Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by oshoademola1(m): 2:37am On Feb 12, 2015
akpanoka:
This people look like they are on fatique or labour., probably d proncipals farm.

No sign of panick or rush. They appear to relaxed

Moreover, why are jus few of them wearing uniform, and others on mufti?

We expected to see a long cue of students adorned in their uniform as reported.
This was staged maneged for selfish reasons

That is North for you. Thank God you see majority with Uniform. I wish you could visit there and see the level of academic set back in that part of Nigeria
Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by tswitch: 3:12am On Feb 12, 2015
oshoademola1:

That is North for you. Thank God you see majority with Uniform. I wish you could visit there and see the level of academic set back in that part of Nigeria

Even though I doubt the authenticity of the pictures and news I want to comment on your statement on academic setback in northern Nigeria.

They now have academic institutions available to them to be able to meet up with other parts the country. Abi nine new universities, free waec and neco payment, new schools and remodelled class room blocks, almajiri schools na for decoration?

Courtesy Mr. President!
Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by oshoademola1(m): 3:38am On Feb 12, 2015
tswitch:

Even though I doubt the authenticity of the pictures and news I want to comment on your statement on academic setback in northern Nigeria.

They now have academic institutions available to them to be able to meet up with other parts the country. Abi nine new universities, free waec and neco payment, new schools and remodelled class room blocks, almajiri schools na for decoration?

Courtesy Mr. President!

I really appreciate the fact that you quoted Mr. President. In the community where I served, a nineteen year old girl baths outside, I used a nokia phone with a torch light (in the whole local government- no electricity till NOW) and they come to school any day and time they will feel like. I usually react to their mode of dressing until the principal demands for my redeployment. I just ignored them all and faced my primary assignment.
Re: Civil Right Activist Claims To Rescue 470 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram by tswitch: 10:14am On Feb 12, 2015
oshoademola1:

I really appreciate the fact that you quoted Mr. President. In the community where I served, a nineteen year old girl baths outside, I used a nokia phone with a torch light (in the whole local government- no electricity till NOW) and they come to school any day and time they will feel like. I usually react to their mode of dressing until the principal demands for my redeployment. I just ignored them all and faced my primary assignment.

I am aware of Ebundin in Edo state Esan central just getting electric power last year for the first time in their existence, Owukpa in Benue and Snake Island in Lagos do not have electric power.
There are still a lot of places electricity has not gotten to and I am sure NERC is on top of it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Stronger Than Fayose - Gov. Amosun / Results Of Vice President Namadi Sambo's Ward / Africans Including Nigerians Now Living In Police Stations In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.