Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,705 members, 7,831,208 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo (1029 Views)

PDP Warns Clark, Tompolo And Dokubo Over War Threat / War Threat: APC Asks Jonathan To Call Asari-dokubo, Tompolo, Others To Order / Jonathan Refuses Help From UN Forces To Tackle Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by Sirniyeh(m): 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/176680-war-threat-jonathan-refuses-condemn-asari-dokubo-tompolo-others.html

President Goodluck Jonathan on
Wednesday during the Presidential
Media Chat refused to categorically
condemn some prominent Niger Delta
militants who threatened war should the
president be voted out of office in the
forthcoming elections.

Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, leader, Niger
Delta Peoples Volunteer Force; Victor
Ben Ebikabowei, aka, Boy Loaf; and
Government Ekpudomenowei, aka,
Tompolo had in January declared there
would be war if their kinsman, Mr.
Jonathan does not win the elections
during a meeting in Yenagoa, capital of
Bayelsa State.

Speaking Wednesday, the president said
provocative statements were usually
made by “actors” surrounding
politicians, adding that such statements
might not actually imply the intentions
of the politician contesting an election.
“You know the actors around you can
be carried away. These people (ex-
militants) made these statements …
based on ….you know when they have
been carried away,​”​ he said.​

He said provocative statements had
been made by his opponents, stressing
they too had threatened war.
Mr. Jonathan said he had been careful in
making statements, being a sitting
president.

“The issue of insecurity is beyond Boko
Haram,” adding that “Politicians are
instigating some young people to act in
ways not expected.”
​​He however ​​​said Nigeria will not go to
war.

“Nobody will go to war. Nigeria will
remain Nigeria​,” the president said.​ “My plea is that
without Nigeria, there will be no president.”
​​But Mr. Jonathan categorically refused to condemn the
​​​threats by Mr. Dokubo and the other

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by saaedlee: 4:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
He is in support of it, Period! Who knows what plan they have drawn up should he (which he will) lose the elections!

#SaiBuhari

1 Like

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by Johnnyessence(m): 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
this is very bad from Gej government ahhhh ahhhhh that means he's sponsoring d ex-millitant to caused chaos in this country. Gej will be defeated on March 28 by d special grace of God no doubt about that.

1 Like

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by dhantey324(m): 4:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
Has Buhari condemned the threat made by some northern muslim youths 2 AIT? Make we hear word abeg.. GEJ has said that statements made by the ex-militants are not his intentions, so what do u expect again?

2 Likes

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by Sirniyeh(m): 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
saaedlee:
He is in support of it, Period! Who knows what plan they have drawn up should he (which he will) lose the elections!

#SaiBuhari

His body language is a litmus proof that he supports the threat. I watched the media chat, he felt reluctant to answer the question and eventually diverted the question to another thing.

He also refused to answer the question about Chibok girls. What amazed me was the ridiculous response from PHd holder.

"How many times did you see Americans carrying placard, protesting because of the 9/11 incidence. So here people protest the Chibok issue. Well, I'm not God to assure their return but we are hopeful with all efforts put in place..." Quote Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by 2prexios: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
I dont know where the war would be fought. Onshore or offshore?
Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by lacasa: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
dhantey324:
Has Buhari condemned the threat made by some northern muslim youths 2 AIT? Make we hear word abeg.. GEJ has said that statements made by the ex-militants are not his intentions, so what do u expect again?

Did AIT threaten to declare WAR on the Nigerian state if Buhari doesn't win elections?.

GEJ is a dubious president who protects criminals!

Asari, Tompolo, Bode George, Alams and Ibori are all convicted criminals and yet they are Jonathan's best friends.

#buhari for president
Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by coolbis: 4:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
If Buhari na boko haram, Jona na militant

Although buhari condems violence buh Jona does not condem d act dat leads to violence

*If u like quote me o, na u sabi*
Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by dhantey324(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
lacasa:

Did AIT threaten to declare WAR on the Nigerian state if Buhari doesn't win elections?.

GEJ is a dubious president who protects criminals!

Asari, Tompolo, Bode George, Alams and Ibori are all convicted criminals and yet they are Jonathan's best friends.

#buhari for president

Going by what you are saying the threat made on AIT is justified, if people die there, they are not Nigerians right? Besides, u don't understand my post and you are quoting me

1 Like

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by lacasa: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
dhantey324:

Going by what you are saying the threat made on AIT is justified, if people die there, they are not Nigerians right? Besides, u don't understand my post and you are quoting me

Not justifying anything just pointing the difference..

AIT engaged in smear campaigns & attacks on Buhari's person wt what happened and what didn't happen.

Especially after all parties agreed to only engage in issue-based campaigns.

In the Militant's case... They Threatened the North, South West and every nook and cranny wiith WAR if we don't vote to return GEJ as President which eventually means he loses the polls.

Do u get why I quoted your comment.
Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by 2prexios: 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
coolbis:
If Buhari na boko haram, Jona na militant

Although buhari condems violence buh Jona does not condem d act dat leads to violence

*If u like quote me o, na u sabi*
Which is better evil? grin
Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by nellyjohn: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2015
What do u people expect GEJ to do? He has clearly said he is not in support of the Nigrr militant threat, besides what about other threats made made by APC, did Buhari condem it?
Anyway kudos to my able president, GEJ till 2019
Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by coolbis: 11:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
2prexios:
Which is better evil? grin

GMB better pass jona smiley

1 Like

Re: WAR THREAT: Jonathan Refuses To Condemn Asari_dokubo, Tompolo by 2prexios: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2015
coolbis:

GMB better pass jona smiley

we all have choices

Goodluck my brov.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Visit Lagos Again, APC Slams President. / Keep Calm, Drink Garri And Vote For Buhari / How Did Our President Becomes So Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.