Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? (36546 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' / Right Age To Get Married As A Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by dechandel(f): 12:46am On Feb 13, 2015
AgapeCharis:
[size=13pt] Your mates don dey snore grin[/size]
Night shift grin
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 13, 2015
[size=18pt]Cos we marry as MEN while other tribes marry as BOYS[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 12:59am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
Night shift grin
[size=13pt] Hope no be aeroplane things o grin[/size]
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by franklampard082(m): 2:23am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
I think you are right in the aspect of them settling down quite late.. But you are wrong for saying its 'ibo'. Fyi. There is nothing like ibo.. Its Igbo..

Nwanne, I owe you one bottle of Orijin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
I think you are right in the aspect of them settling down quite late.. But you are wrong for saying its 'ibo'. Fyi. There is nothing like ibo.. Its Igbo..
Don't mind the Animal
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by ethylene: 3:39am On Feb 13, 2015
krall:
because life begins at forthy. >sad

and a fuul dat begins At forty, is a.......... grin
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by naijaway(m): 3:46am On Feb 13, 2015
Normally igbos marry from 25 upwards. If igbo guy marry at 35 - 40 or more, more than likely his child will marry at a younger age because he normally sacrificies for he's kid, so he will have a grandchild in between 60 - 70 years old even 80. His children are more educated, and he's children children will be more comfortable. Is better than marry early then suffer and not take care of your children excerpt when luck shine or just struggling but when you are 40 - 50 years old and want to settle down, your children already have children and turn you into houseboy and look after baby people or else they suffer more. But if you plan well, or if your parents have money and foundation then you can marry after setting your foundation in school or trade. There is no right way or wrong way but when you have a fighting chance yes. You can even take care of your parents and your wife parents. Is not a dream that don't work. Marriage is good, suffer is not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by ethylene: 3:48am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
Es original.. No photocopy grin
I am sure my father wouldn't mind na..
Infact he is gonna thank me for being this wise!!

I am from Anambra state o.. This will be the hundredth time i am writing it on here..

Wia from anambra.... Are you from upper iweka or Okuzu? grin
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Madeu(m): 4:55am On Feb 13, 2015
Driven:

I don't get this thing you guys are saying about Igbo men not allowing their wives to hawk. I've spent 2years of my life in Enugu, and I see female indigenes hawking, just as you would see in other places. The married women I saw and heard hawking and shouting ''okpa di'oku'', ''hot okpa'' everywhere, were they a figment of my imagination or what? how about the children of Igbo origin I saw playing with dirty clothes...

The morale of my 'story' is, there is poverty and hussling everywhere! Igbo or no Igbo. so, stop trying to impute it on other tribes alone, it's so not necessary. More so, it is a deliberate misrepresentation of the true state of affairs.

Thank you.

Just because other tribes does not have huge presence in Igboland, these Igbo folks here on Nairaland try to paint Igboland and its people there as if they live in an highly developed environment.

Some times, I wonder is it not the same place I stayed for many years, not just in one location, even to the hinterland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:59am On Feb 13, 2015
Yoruba get married at 25 to their first wife, then by 35 they get married to their second wife and at 45 the third wife and then by 55 to the forth wife.

Igbos might get married in his early to mid thirties (30-33) but to a definite and final partner to raise a family and have children. Plus, they usually have a stable income by that age.

Mind you those with stable income get married much earlier(20s) to a final and definite wife. It is all about the financial stability to maintain their wife and children.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by allcomage: 5:21am On Feb 13, 2015
googlepikin:
so is D banj from Togo? how come he's not married yet. he is obviously over .
late marriage is now spreading to other tribes due economic situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by RomanceLander(f): 5:30am On Feb 13, 2015
spacefreak:

Yes, I'm Igbo tongue

Ajuru m gi?
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Madeu(m): 6:38am On Feb 13, 2015
Bliss4Lyfe:
Yoruba get married at 25 to their first wife, then by 35 they get married to their second wife and at 45 the third wife and then by 55 to the forth wife.

Igbos might get married in his early to mid thirties (30-33) but to a definite and final partner to raise a family and have children. Plus, they usually have a stable income by that age.

Mind you those with stable income get married much earlier(20s) to a final and definite wife. It is all about the financial stability to maintain their wife and children.

Delusion: False belief.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by funmi2013(f): 6:41am On Feb 13, 2015
Bliss4Lyfe:

. Really I don't knw that all yoruba men married 4 wives, na wa
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Charbless(m): 6:56am On Feb 13, 2015
I'm here to catch fun since 2days my birthday
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by waternogetemeny: 6:57am On Feb 13, 2015
interesting opinions
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by rummmy: 7:19am On Feb 13, 2015
the igbos like money pass their life. so dy dnt cnsida marriage as their no1 priority
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by tpiar: 7:34am On Feb 13, 2015
Bliss4Lyfe:

you dey find who go do ten year plan make you enter?

the usual interval is two years, or as soon as you produce children, then its time to start searching for another wife.

Not producing children will not help you either- the man will still bring another wife either way, two years, not ten.

In fact, as soon as the wedding is over sef, maybe you fit manage hold am till honeymoon.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2015
I find this thread quite nauseating. Yoruba this, Hausa that.

Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Mentcee(m): 7:46am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
You literally took those words outa my mouth. And shamefully many igbo guys call it ibo just like the oyel soup ppl. Was just about raising hell till i saw your post. Bless you.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by unilagfreshest(m): 8:23am On Feb 13, 2015
[center]so true joor, my igbo boss stil nt married at 40.[/center]
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by CzarChris(m): 9:03am On Feb 13, 2015
gsalvatore:
You are right.

I'm also right when I tell you igbos prefer comfort to suffering and smiling marriage.

It easier to see more children of non igbos looking shabby,unfed and not taken care of than igbo children.

It's not by having infantry battalion as children/family because you are in a hurry to have unprotected sex just to say you have settled down, you can't even afford pampas talk more of baby food but ofcourse you have a prick to pregnant woman.

My point is, if you value quality family then you'd cool down and prepare yourself which might take out a few years from some dudes which is not a sin.

Go price baby formula for market or quality education then you will know that settling down is not just an English word but then most folks rushing to settle down without preparation -take a look at some of their children/wife...you have pure water sellers,road side yam roaster and cheapest whores and Okada hordes.
Very true, I'm a proud igboman. I'd rather remain single than not being able to give my children the best of the very best.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by iceberylin(m): 9:07am On Feb 13, 2015
BreezyRita:
Iceberylin is Igbo?? shocked

G.grin, please, dont wait!!! I repeat, dont wait o!

Ehn ehn! Igbos full this thread sha
Will you wait wink
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by Trustworthiness: 9:13am On Feb 13, 2015
My comment is not about igbo marrying late but to all people who think acquisition of wealth can bring about happy marriage.

People get married for 4 main reason.
1. Wealth,
2. Status or position in the society,
3. Beauty, and
4. Religion.

Base on the reason most guys are stating, wealth or money do not give you happy marriage. I knew some people with a lost of money but living a miserable life. They can only come out to express their ordeal in their marriage.

A lot of people who have no much money want to be living the life of another people by copying their lifestyle.

For instant, someone said money for baby food is high. If I may ask the individual, before the advent of baby food in the market, what was the baby food available.

Because we are not ready to live our lives without trying to copy others.

Also, I lot of people going into marriage this days are not ready for marriage, especially the woman. And men don't make things easier. We love to lure woman by flaunting wealth we do not have.

If marriage are founded on sincerity, and people goes for marriage counselling prior to their marriage from a realist counsellor, marriage will be a sweet thing everybody will be longing for instead of swinging their joystick all around before marriage, even make thing worse.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by sacrono: 9:56am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
With this worthless piece of shyte you just posted,i had to sneak a peek on your profile.. Oh boyy. Was i disappointed?? shocked Hell ya!!
Who the hell let you on the internet without adequate supervision

You look like a secondary school student who just got home for his mid term break!!!

If you've spent more than a decade on earth,i would have given you a welcoming thumb lash!

But nah, cant remember the last time i hassled my kid brother's mate on the internet!!

So run along boy!! kiss
rotlfmao cheesy
franklyne abi wetin be ur stewpid named, see how dis babe take finish you. ode cheesy next time dont talk to your aunty like that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by spacefreak: 10:10am On Feb 13, 2015
RomanceLander:

Ajuru m gi?

Mba. Kedu ka ime? smiley
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by adahgold(m): 10:13am On Feb 13, 2015
I think dey have dere reasons but as for me I pray a see a wonderful woman who I will cherish......
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by uncjay(m): 10:26am On Feb 13, 2015
I think the merit is worth it than the demerits...
1. Their marriage happens to be the most expensive in Nigeria, hence the need for sufficient money.
2. 'Though not all' but a handful of them do not see marriage as a priority, thus placing that part at the secondary calender.
3. 'Money answereth all things' a typical watchword of an average Igbo child.

At the end the benefits is more than the disadvantages, as a result they loved their wives and show forth her beauty, they train their children well with quality education making them a potential giant household. So tell me what else could be better. I think the Igbos have the right planning when it comes to marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by fairheven: 10:58am On Feb 13, 2015
dechandel:
U need to read your book before trying to correct some1....both words are inter-changeably used an they mean the same.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by redsun(m): 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
rummmy:
the igbos like money pass their life. so dy dnt cnsida marriage as their no1 priority

You need money to run a family,not just pittance from baba alayes from Tinubu. Children does not have to be brought into this world to suffer just for the sake of meeting up yeye expectation of so-called adulthood.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by drdrpc: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2015
yes like others rightly said, they marry as men and not as boys, remember the problem is not in getting married but staying married, hence they are matured at that age bracket and can take decision on marriage issues, QED.
Re: Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? by dechandel(f): 1:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
sacrono:
rotlfmao cheesy
franklyne abi wetin be ur stewpid named, see how dis babe take finish you. ode cheesy next time dont talk to your aunty like that
No mind the fowl..
Him wan come shine teeth with him mama agemate grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Some Men Package For Marriage And Deceive Women / My Landlord Has Taken Over My Wife....... Husband cries out / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.