Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI (38214 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo Meet In Ogun (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by orinocopulse: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2015
dumodust:

does it really matter when they started? ... That's why its called an analysis- you collect existing data and churn out facts

Please tell me you are just joking! This is what the post says:

theoctopus:
According to Transparency International data from 1979 till date, Both General Buhari and Former President Olusegun Obasanjo's tenure were more corrupt than President Goodluck Jonathan;s tenure.

http://www.livenewsng.com/2015/02/shocking-buhari-and-obj-tenure-more.html

So it claims that TI produced the data. Now can you please confirm that the OP lied? Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by genearts(m): 11:45am On Feb 13, 2015
kenex4ever:
bro do ur research since ur r d one trying to counter a well documented/graphed report. *Half.

My friend go and sit down!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by wowo2: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2015
Nigerians lapping fake news up since 1914
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by nortcentrallord(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:
For those interested in more details...click below

Transparency Internantional Nigeria Report

Compare with the following countries

Finland

Ghana

China

South Korea

South Africa

Don't dance yet kids....we still have a long way to go. A very long way. And we are not making good progress.
They all started from somewhere and we just started ours 6 years ago. We will get there someday but most of us are not ready to go back to the past anymore because the future is brighter so let those who destroyed our past perish with our past.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by kenex4ever(m): 11:51am On Feb 13, 2015
genearts:

My friend, I want to go get a life because am lifeless!
ok, u need it
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Chigold101(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2015
Chiaka:

Yes O! Mo ran ti. He Increase plenty times, one of the times I rioted and got the beating of a life time. With Jonathan, Nigerians are expressing great level of freedom of speech and expression. Long live GEJ, Forward Ever O jare!, Backward Never
sorry dear...
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by theoctopus: 11:56am On Feb 13, 2015
orinocopulse:

Please tell me you are just joking! This is what the post says:

So it claims that TI produced the data. Now can you please confirm that the OP lied? Thanks

Sorry to burst your bubble. Nobody lied. Its TI data. TI never said they only have data from the year they were formed. Where did you get that from? World statistics exits on so many subjects from centuries back. Nigerian records exist from even 100 years ago. Look for another thing to cry about. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by nortcentrallord(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2015
Gbawe:
GEJ fans will not kill me with laughter . OP, I nominate you as Nairaland comedian of the year. The fuel subsidy scam alone, the biggest corruption scandal in Nigeria's history, makes a distinct mockery of you and your messiah i.e GEJ. Let us not even start delving into NNPC missing billions and the 18 billion dollars disbursed to fight Boko haram that was looted by GEJ and his cronies. You guys are jokers. Nauseatingly dishonest jokers as well.

http://nigeriapolitico.com/fuelsubsidyscam.html

[size=16pt]Fuel subsidy $6.8 billion scam: Nigeria’s biggest corruption scandal ever[/size]
Am sure u are barely abrest with the reality in this country. Your mallam Sanusi said the NNPC missing fund was 40 billion naira, latter he said 20 billion naira, just two weeks ago, a US based auditing firm, the same US which you guys now advocate because they discredit GEJ's govt just because he refused their useless gay rights said it was 1 billion. Can you use your normal sense to compare the contrast? God help you guys.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by genearts(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2015
ILIDEFI:

Did u notice the 'est' attached to the values credited to Buhari, IBB's administration etc? It means estimate. They also estimated the corruption perception index of those administrations based on available data.

Give me a link to TI site let me see for myself or STFU
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Chigold101(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Okay GEJ‘s tenure is more corrupt than that of OBJ.

During OBJ‘s tenure who was minister of Petroluem & NNPC chairman?

Nigerians have very shot memory...

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by nortcentrallord(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
yeah. And obj was in apc from 1999 to 2007
No he was in PDP and those were the most corrupt times of PDP. Now he has moved to APC and has been welcomed. PDP has ruled for 16years and has been corrupt yet a man who ruled under PDP for 8years suddenly moves to APC and he is welcomed. So, 8 years of corruption has moved to APC not to mention all the other corrupt former PDP men now parabulating as APC'z now. So where has corruption moved to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Kc3000: 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Of course, corruption during Obj's tenure was on a monumental scale. That Ota farmer in the name of privatization engaged in the most corrupt practices in the history of this country. The entire privatization process involved passing off Nigeria's assets to his cronies, and to anyone(foreign or domestic) who could offer him the biggest bribes and favors. Obj the president was not above going after people's businesses either, in his usual vindictive manner. . .he shut down Ibeto's cement business as a favor to Dangote, seized Sonny Odogwu's goods for many years, revoked Don Etiebet's oil block as a favor for Atiku, just to mention a few of his shoddy practices.
Obj wasted so much useful resources in fighting fruitless battles in the legislative arm of government. So much money exchanged hands to ensure the impeachment of any senate president that Obj perceived to be a threat, and an even much more ridiculous amount of money was wasted in trying to push through his 3rd term agenda in the house and senate.
All these ridiculous claims of $20, 30, 40 billion dollars vanishing into thin air against GEJ are simply fabricated. They throw out some ridiculous numbers to get our attention, without considering the validity of their claims. Oshimole or Fashola would sit in their state houses and discover that 30 trillion naira has gone missing from the federal coffers. If you ask them when and how they audited the FG, they even become more ridiculous.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Champele(m): 12:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
This election postponement don hammer APC e-warriors, their work is finish and no extra budget for them. I can feel the impact this days.lol. I just think GEJ gov is better than the rest.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by sniperr007(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
geedeex2:
Transparency international ,you can't tell us what we know .GEJ Government is more corrupt than all the other administrations we have had in Nigeria put together

Where did u get ur information? Y come online and post tins u don't ve proof. Y r jus a bigot and add sentiment in your judgement.

Change if u want Nigeria to move forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by orinocopulse: 12:17pm On Feb 13, 2015
theoctopus:

Sorry to burst your bubble. Nobody lied. Its TI data. TI never said they only have data from the year they were formed. Where did you get that from? World statistics exits on so many subjects from centuries back. Nigerian records exist from even 100 years ago. Look for another thing to cry about. grin grin grin

Thanks. First, apologies for accusing you of lying. you may have just copied it from the link without knowing. My apologies.

Here's my response:

Transparency International was founded in 1993 but their Corruption Perception Index was in fact LAUNCHED in 1995. They had NO DATA to work with based on their methodology. Do you understand now? I am a professional in this area, so I know what I am talking about and this is my SOURCE: Transparency International WEBSITE: http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

YOUR SOURCE so far has been Live newsng (not even vanguard or guardian) : http://www.livenewsng.com/2015/02/shocking-buhari-and-obj-tenure-more.html

Let's strike a deal. Show me the report with a TI source and i will admit you are right. Otherwise, do the honorable thing and RETRACT your article.

Best Regards.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by bros12345: 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2015
I love this graph and data. Its an eye opener. I have shared it in my facebook wall and twitter and the reshares are going great. We really need to look at issues on a comparative level.

Good work op
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by ibnhasan: 12:21pm On Feb 13, 2015
Corruption Perception index was launched in 1995.

http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/cpi_early/0/

How did OP get CPI score for Buhari's tenure in 1984?

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by nortcentrallord(m): 12:25pm On Feb 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And GEJ gave away our PHCN to his pals too you know.....and don't ask about the BIG hotel the missus is building in Yeanagoa....

Not only is that a fib....Buhari did not even have a house when he left office.(The house he got was built for him eleven years later). By contrast....IBB had a lovely er Palace built for him at Minna (saw it in all its glory in 1993).

Plus...the only people killed during Buhari's regime were a group of drug dealers. Unless you want to say that drug dealing is a nice thing(even mu mum who DOES NOT LIKE buhari commends him for having those people shot). And no...Gloria Okon was not there...that was an IBB case.

Yes he did.
There has been improvement in power except it's not so in your area.

What was the punishment for the crime of drug pushing when the crime was committed by those guys?

How many local and international agencies fought and pleaded for those guys not to be executed because the crime did not carry a capital punishment when it was committed?

Why was Alex Ekwueme in kiri kiri while Shehu Shagari was under house Arrest?

That should do for now.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by stexsy(m): 12:33pm On Feb 13, 2015
siraj1402:
Yes it is true that is why we have slogans like,
-Stealing is not corruption
-I will use technology to fight corruption
-When there is yam and goat together, you need to separate them in other for goat to eat the yam.
etc.
Meanwhile we have picture evidence that this government is really fighting corruption as shown below.
yes stealing is nt corruption, go n read
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by ollyruffy: 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2015
PDP can deceive people ooooo

They generate and manipulate every data to suites their agenda.

We are done with you. We are voting you out. End of story.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by hermesprogidy(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hahahahahahaha. This PDP people and their fake reports. nor be only transparency international, na opaque international.ROFL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Eluwilussit(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
cococandy:
That is absolutely true.

Doesn't mean we have to make excuses for corruption though.
We will still condemn corruption even if Jonathan is doing it at a lower rate than the high handed OBJ and Buhari did with impunity.

I just feel irritated when Buhari and OBJ act like saints. Buncha hypocrites

I am with you. Wish we can be a little fair to Jonathan. We carry on as if Jona invented corruption. Imagine Tinubu and OBJ talking of corruption. Hypocrites.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by PAnaceA7(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
Chiaka:

Why you no laugh for click language?
lol.... Pained GEJ supporter besides am not anti- Jonathan but I hate the way pdp go about their campaign..
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
nortcentrallord:

There has been improvement in power except it's not so in your area.

At 5000mw? when we need 12000mw?

And yes....nepa bad in my zone.

Why was Alex Ekwueme in kiri kiri while Shehu Shagari was under house Arrest?

That should do for now.

How about the 500 other Nigerians including many Northerners and south Westerners(and easterners, and ss) jailed by Buhari.

Stop all this implied tribalism please.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by martin98(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
tonytony208:

but where are those farmers benefiting from the fertilizer distribution? Why arent they speaking up? Why arent dey campaigning for GEJ in their own little way?
So you expect the farmers to come and campaign on nairaland.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by hermesprogidy(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
If the jonathan administration is highly rated anti-corruprtion wise, then why is PDP finding it so hard to convince Nigerians otherwise? simple answer; Reality is different from Statistics grin grin grin grin thief thief party
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Eluwilussit(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
tuyi19:

are u beleiving that doctored report, the op has manupulated the graph. dont mind him.

Please can you show us the un-doctored one? Thanks.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by nortcentrallord(m): 1:04pm On Feb 13, 2015
kaboninc:

If you are surprised at Soludo, how about OBJ. This was GEJ's reply to him:

Has baba replied that particular question about "waiver signatures" up till now? grin grin grin Hahahahahaha, dis country errrh.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Abayhormy(m): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2015
ochejoseph:
Because Tinubu has many Media Houses in his pocket does not! change The Facts

Perception and reality are sometimes not the same

At a Point NEPA or PHCN was ajudged the most corrupt agency in Nigeria, Under GEJ it has been privatised and now a private secto driven entity in a process hailed as one of the most transparent in the history of Nigeria by foreign and local
commentators

The Ferilizer Distribution system before Now was a major drain Pipe for government resources , Billions and trillions were always allocated but the farmers never get even a seed of fertiliser. The story is different today, Nigerian farmers armed with information technology via mobile phones are in charge of Fertiliser distribution thanks to GEJ agricultural revolution!

The Ghost workers whose salaries have always gone to criminals in the public sector today have their work cut out, GEJ introduced the IPPIS system which has not only eliminated ghost "workerism" it has also save the nation billions of Naira

GEJ constructed the  Abuja - Kaduna light rail which will commence operation in March 2015 covering 180Km built at a cost of $500 Million or N80B. 

APC ' driver General whose Port Harcourt Mono Rail covers 4Km and has gulped $1.2 Billion or N180B has an unknown completion date.

Furthermore the  completion of the Lagos Blue Light Rail project is unknown . It covers 57Km and has consumed $1.39 Billion or N208B this project is been supervised by the APC National Leaders house boy Fashola!

GEJ signed The Freedom of Information Bill into Law, till date all APC governors have refused to domesticate the Law! What are they hiding?

Gaskiya Dokin Karfe

Lies Have expiry dates but the truth never expires - Oche Joseph Otorkpa

ochejoseph:
Because Tinubu has many Media Houses in his pocket does not! change The Facts

Perception and reality are sometimes not the same

At a Point NEPA or PHCN was ajudged the most corrupt agency in Nigeria, Under GEJ it has been privatised and now a private secto driven entity in a process hailed as one of the most transparent in the history of Nigeria by foreign and local
commentators

The Ferilizer Distribution system before Now was a major drain Pipe for government resources , Billions and trillions were always allocated but the farmers never get even a seed of fertiliser. The story is different today, Nigerian farmers armed with information technology via mobile phones are in charge of Fertiliser distribution thanks to GEJ agricultural revolution!

The Ghost workers whose salaries have always gone to criminals in the public sector today have their work cut out, GEJ introduced the IPPIS system which has not only eliminated ghost "workerism" it has also save the nation billions of Naira

GEJ constructed the  Abuja - Kaduna light rail which will commence operation in March 2015 covering 180Km built at a cost of $500 Million or N80B. 

APC ' driver General whose Port Harcourt Mono Rail covers 4Km and has gulped $1.2 Billion or N180B has an unknown completion date.

Furthermore the  completion of the Lagos Blue Light Rail project is unknown . It covers 57Km and has consumed $1.39 Billion or N208B this project is been supervised by the APC National Leaders house boy Fashola!

GEJ signed The Freedom of Information Bill into Law, till date all APC governors have refused to domesticate the Law! What are they hiding?

Gaskiya Dokin Karfe

Lies Have expiry dates but the truth never expires - Oche Joseph Otorkpa

oga, support all these your claims with links and sources. We all went to school and when you quote important facts and figures like this, you post the source of the figures.
For example this so called transperency international write up is a cook up write up by an anonymous and NOT transparency international.
It was posted by livenewsng.com, An anti-Buhari site dedicated to GEJ propaganda. and they posted it here quoting Transperency international.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_International
http://www.transparency.org
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by VoteWisely: 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2015
#VoteWisely

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Bayswater: 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
genearts:

Does that mk sense to u??

Google, search and you will find the news; you can now come back to answer your question.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Abayhormy(m): 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
[quote author=OKDnigeria post=30669763]GEJ said it. those who shout about corruption today are the most corrupt. Imagine Tinubu...
[/quote[b]] This so called transperency international write up is a cook up write-up by an anonymous and NOT transparency international.
It was posted by livenewsng.com, An anti-Buhari site dedicated to GEJ propaganda. and they posted it here quoting Transperency international.
Below are transperency international authentic link and website. Transperency international website does not know anything about this write up.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transparency_International
http://www.transparency.org[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Falana On Elisha Abbo: Senators Have No Right To Question Abbo Over Assault / FG’s 774,000 Jobs Begin Today / Caption This Photo Of Tinubu With This Cute Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.