Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI (38185 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And Obasanjo Meet In Ogun (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Rabiu Kwankwaso With His Gun During Obasanjo's Tenure / No One More Corrupt Than Amaechi, Wike Warns Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by genearts(m): 3:52pm On Feb 13, 2015
Noviolence2015:

Rattled for being called out? Did you or did you not quote Wikipedia.
You are as foolish as your sense of judgement... Because TI was founded late in the 80s, every occurrence of the past becomes a non issue? Brainless cow supporting a dictator and cow owner called GMB.

Go and sit ur foolish a.ss down! I have challenged ur fellow e.rats to post a link to were they got theses statistics from. I'm still waiting for their reply. Until then, go and f**k urself.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Jchi9876: 4:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
OtunbaJega:
TI in 1979?....Op try again....

I fear cooked statistics. Dem too get many cooks for PDP
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by ucheboy148(m): 6:51pm On Feb 13, 2015
ShakurM:
But both GEJ n Buhari knows stealing is corruption..

Dem steal 1million 100 times

Dem steal 1billion 50 times

Which one corrupt pass abeg, don't let number of times fool you ....its logical

tell dem
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by OLADD: 6:59pm On Feb 13, 2015
ochejoseph:
Because Tinubu has many Media Houses in his pocket does not! change The Facts

Perception and reality are sometimes not the same

At a Point NEPA or PHCN was ajudged the most corrupt agency in Nigeria, Under GEJ it has been privatised and now a private secto driven entity in a process hailed as one of the most transparent in the history of Nigeria by foreign and local
commentators

The Ferilizer Distribution system before Now was a major drain Pipe for government resources , Billions and trillions were always allocated but the farmers never get even a seed of fertiliser. The story is different today, Nigerian farmers armed with information technology via mobile phones are in charge of Fertiliser distribution thanks to GEJ agricultural revolution!

The Ghost workers whose salaries have always gone to criminals in the public sector today have their work cut out, GEJ introduced the IPPIS system which has not only eliminated ghost "workerism" it has also save the nation billions of Naira

GEJ constructed the  Abuja - Kaduna light rail which will commence operation in March 2015 covering 180Km built at a cost of $500 Million or N80B. 

APC ' driver General whose Port Harcourt Mono Rail covers 4Km and has gulped $1.2 Billion or N180B has an unknown completion date.

Furthermore the  completion of the Lagos Blue Light Rail project is unknown . It covers 57Km and has consumed $1.39 Billion or N208B this project is been supervised by the APC National Leaders house boy Fashola!

GEJ signed The Freedom of Information Bill into Law, till date all APC governors have refused to domesticate the Law! What are they hiding?

Gaskiya Dokin Karfe

Lies Have expiry dates but the truth never expires - Oche Joseph Otorkpa

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by OLADD: 7:14pm On Feb 13, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
LOL. You GEJ boys are something else. No matter the amount of soap, be it Omo, Sunlight, or whatever wey Una try use wash GEJ administration from corruption, e no fit clean.

When Una cough out the missing $20billion, N30 trillion, among others, then we can sit down and talk.

Until then, GEJ administration remains the most corrupt in Nigeria history, that is a fact the TIs of this world cannot sugarcoat

It's evident you are sick and deceitful. An independent audit report has just dispelled that allegation of "missing" $20b money but evil people like you will not hold your peace. Can you tell us the entire budget from 2010 till date and juxtapose it with the possibility of N30 trillion been stolen from nation's treasury? Some of you are educated but still remain grossly illeterate!

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by ocelot2006(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
LOL. You GEJ boys are something else. No matter the amount of soap, be it Omo, Sunlight, or whatever wey Una try use wash GEJ administration from corruption, e no fit clean.

When Una cough out the missing $20billion, N30 trillion, among others, then we can sit down and talk.

Until then, GEJ administration remains the most corrupt in Nigeria history, that is a fact the TIs of this world cannot sugarcoat

What $20 Billion? Oh, apparently you didn't get the memo that the PWC audit of the NNPC account released just 2 weeks ago CLEARLY stated that there's no missing 20 billion, and that NNPC should remit a bit over $1 billion to the FG coffers. So you claim ' s totally baseless.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by ehispapa(m): 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

how much does Nigerian generate as a whole? A country with a budgetary estimate at best is 4 trillion Naira, how come 30 trillion and 20billion got missing in less than 3years( these accusations came up last year ). Sometimes I wonder if we think as Nigerians, let no one decieve us into voting giving is wrong figures. Is that the reasom whybthey killed our educational system? So we can't make simple analysis but depend on their lies ...,I knew soludo lied when he made mention of that figure. I think soludo is OBJ boy, so you should know where his loyalty lies. Peace
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by stigman(m): 7:49pm On Feb 13, 2015
geedeex2:
Transparency international ,you can't tell us what we know .GEJ Government is more corrupt than all the other administrations we have had in Nigeria put together

Don't forget that all APC states are under his government, meaning they are also kworrupt grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by DWJOBScom(m): 8:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
waternogetemeny:
Show me your friends and I will tell you, who you are.

Amaechi, Tinubu , Obj, Atiku, Buhari

Our economy is doing well with GEJ even UK, Europe and USA feels threatened by the pace of growth and development.

Our growth means catching up and catching up means going down in economic power of UK, USA AND EUROPE.

Forward ever, backward never. GEJ for Life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT5hWq3vfHs&app=desktop

dont's worry guys , he's a progressive

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by dumodust(m): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
orinocopulse:

Please tell me you are just joking! This is what the post says:

So it claims that TI produced the data. Now can you please confirm that the OP lied? Thanks
I dont understand ... I think u're misreading the bolded you quoted... they didnt say they were existing since 1979... they analyzed data that was already available.
I may have been born 1990 but I can research and write on the nigerian civil war... I dont see no grey hairs on chimamanda but her novel was based on the civil war... just saying

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by orinocopulse: 8:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
Dewze:

National Geography (google that name) has records of human history as far back as a 1000yrs. Are you going to ask them when they started as well?

This is not to say the op's report is true though. I see propaganda every where.

Thanks.

1) I quite familiar with National GEOGRAPHIC! They determine age of fossils be carbon-dating and other methods. I have taken quite a number of courses in geology see? smiley Transparency international's CPI can not be "back-dated" because of its METHODOLOGY! I hope this answers your question. please see source: http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

2) That said, THE REPORT IS STILL NOT FROM TI. How can I explain this. . this is the TI site (not wikipedia): http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview
Would you rather believe a source from livenews?? RATHER than the ACTUAL TI site
Thankfully, you pointed out that the op's report is not necessarily true tthanks.

1 Like

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by kaboninc(m): 8:36pm On Feb 13, 2015
philips70:

Thanks for spotting the error. What real facts do you need for me to convince you about my everyday experience? I don't think we need a classroom training to realize integrity and compliance is gradually going extinct among us. That being said, I expect you to be concerned about the lies the OP spewed in his post. We are being fed with too many distorted lines and our political history totally rewritten typically for obvious political gains. It's not healthy as the internet is totally replacing hard libraries for future generations.

I still need you to show me those facts that are 'convincing' enough to you in 'your everyday experience'. If you cannot provide any, even one, then you have no stand here.

Its obvious you're hurt. But for a moment be objective. Compare how things used to be and now. If you do not see any difference, bring it on and we'll trash it.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by orinocopulse: 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2015
Dewze:

National Geography (google that name) has records of human history as far back as a 1000yrs. Are you going to ask them when they started as well?

This is not to say the op's report is true though. I see propaganda every where.

Thanks.

1) I quite familiar with National GEOGRAPHIC! They determine age of fossils be carbon-dating and other methods. I have taken quite a number of courses in geology see? smiley Transparency international's CPI can not be "back-dated" because of its METHODOLOGY! I hope this answers your question. please see source: http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

2) That said, THE REPORT IS STILL NOT FROM TI. How can I explain this. . this is the TI site (not wikipedia): http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview
Would you rather believe a source from livenews?? RATHER than the ACTUAL TI site
Thankfully, you pointed out that the op's report is not necessarily true tthanks.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by free13: 9:05pm On Feb 13, 2015
Obj and Buhari they criminals.
grin grin
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by philips70(m): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2015
kaboninc:

I still need you to show me those facts that are 'convincing' enough to you in 'your everyday experience'. If you cannot provide any, even one, then you have no stand here.

Its obvious you're hurt. But for a moment be objective. Compare how things used to be and now. If you do not see any difference, bring it on and we'll trash it.

[b]My friend things are worse as regards corruption in Nigeria. I am from Delta state and I know what goes on in the state level. Contract inflation, fictitious contract awards, extra budgetary spending and what have you. Nothing has changed even in the federal government. There's massive corruption going on in government circles. Anyone who gets himself into any government position becomes rich overnight. A politician is supposed to be a public servant who should live on his wages and allowances just like any worker in the private sector. You dare not ask me for real facts to substantiate this. Is it the petroleum subsidy scandals, the massive corruption in the oil sector? Is it the power sector where I belong and government has spent billions of dollars since 1999 without nothing substantial to show for it? Tell me another story. Nigeria is a very corrupt country and these guys are very happy with the GEJ government as it turned out to be a free for all in terms of corrupt enrichment. GEJ himself is neck deep in the whole show and don't ask me for proofs. He has been in it from Bayelsa government house. Leopards do not change their spots and that's why he doesn't give a damn about assets declaration.
If you tell me am hurt you are not far from the truth. Only those who are benefiting from the system don't get hurt from what is happening. I should be hurt that politicians are squandering our scarce resources with minimum development to show for it. I have a zillion reasons to be hurt. I work in the private sector and pay very huge taxes which I don't get value for. When I say huge I mean very huge that the figures could cause uproar here.[/b]
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Dewze(m): 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2015
orinocopulse:

Thanks.

I quite understand your point, and I appreciate the links. Thanks as well.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by kaboninc(m): 9:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
philips70:

[b]My friend things are worse as regards corruption in Nigeria. I am from Delta state and I know what goes on in the state level. Contract inflation, fictitious contract awards, extra budgetary spending and what have you. Nothing has changed even in the federal government. There's massive corruption going on in government circles. Anyone who gets himself into any government position becomes rich overnight. A politician is supposed to be a public servant who should live on his wages and allowances just like any worker in the private sector. You dare not ask me for real facts to substantiate this. Is it the petroleum subsidy scandals, the massive corruption in the oil sector? Is it the power sector where I belong and government has spent billions of dollars since 1999 without nothing substantial to show for it? Tell me another story. Nigeria is a very corrupt country and these guys are very happy with the GEJ government as it turned out to be a free for all in terms of corrupt enrichment. GEJ himself is neck deep in the whole show and don't ask me for proofs. He has been in it from Bayelsa government house. Leopards do not change their spots and that's why he doesn't give a damn about assets declaration.
If you tell me am hurt you are not far from the truth. Only those who are benefiting from the system don't get hurt from what is happening. I should be hurt that politicians are squandering our scarce resources with minimum development to show for it. I have a zillion reasons to be hurt. I work in the private sector and pay very huge taxes which I don't get value for. When I say huge I mean very huge that the figures could cause uproar here.[/b]

Truly you're hurt...for the right reasons but still in a wrong way. And that's why you'd never appreciate anything good in GEJ

Now let me clear you: I'm a supporter of GEJ and only GEJ! I support his policies and follow the trend of implementation. I support his administration and so the basis of ALL my arguments have always been on the pivot of an administration run by GEJ. That EXCLUDES the States.

With that in mind, I still challenge you to name a clear case of corruption that is not being handled. You talk of subsidy scam and power spending and what have you. They are all vague, ambiguous and palm wine parlour talks.

Be specific and yes I dare you to name just one.

Let me just advice you. Instead of chasing shadows, look at the bright future. Think of what you'd do differently if you ever come across an opportunity. Find ways to nail a thief as brilliant investigators do. Arm yourself with knowledge and information so that when someone comes to tell you that he'll END corruption when elected, you'll tell him you're not so dumb. Not relying on hear say and waka pass talks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by philips70(m): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2015
kaboninc:

Truly you're hurt...for the right reasons but still in a wrong way. And that's why you'd never appreciate anything good in GEJ

Now let me clear you: I'm a supporter of GEJ and only GEJ! I support his policies and follow the trend of implementation. I support his administration and so the basis of ALL my arguments have always been on the pivot of an administration run by GEJ. That EXCLUDES the States.

With that in mind, I still challenge you to name a clear case of corruption that is not being handled. You talk of subsidy scam and power spending and what have you. They are all vague, ambiguous and palm wine parlour talks.

Be specific and yes I dare you to name just one.

Let me just advice you. Instead of chasing shadows, look at the bright future. Think of what you'd do differently if you ever come across an opportunity. Find ways to nail a thief as brilliant investigators do. Arm yourself with knowledge and information so that when someone comes to tell you that he'll END corruption when elected, you'll tell him you're not so dumb. Not relying on hear say and waka pass talks.

[b]Every accusation remain vague to the accused until a judge commits him to prison. You expect me to debate corruption issues and how GEJ aids and abets it here so you try to sweet talk me into submission? I am no investigator yet am not a beer parlour gossip. Am just reluctant to research and present facts to you as you will always defend all as smart crooks do. No government or it's agents accused of corruption ever accede to it. Never in history has it happened. Moreover cases of corruption cannot be proven on internet pages yet they exist even in massive scale. Your task is just to name one politician convicted of corruption since GEJ assumed presidency and how it ended. How many have been charged to court and how many of the various reports of investigation eg Ribadu's that the president have implemented and people conclusively brought to book. The corrupt cases that have gained prominence in GEJ's government are those gains that were reversed eg Alamieseigha and Bode George, FFK now heading his campaign media wing. Brother, GEJ is in love with corruption and corrupt people. America and Britain are well aware of this and have spoken out severally. They have more intels than me and you know about. Am not expecting to convince you though as you will never be.[/b]
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by BetaThings: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2015
ochejoseph:
Because Tinubu has many Media Houses in his pocket
mention the media houses in Tinubu's pocket and and let us line them up against Jonathan's voices

Radio Nigeria - every state capital + Abuja 37
NTA - same = 37
ThisDay, vanguard, BusinessDay, Tribune, AIT
Just starting

ochejoseph:

does not! change The Facts
Lies Have expiry dates but the truth never expires - Oche Joseph Otorkpa
Your lies have expired
40 laptops have mushroomed to 400

Transparency International's history - founded in 1993
http://www.transparency.org/whoweare/history

#TeamJonathanMovingCorruptionForward

Where is Maina?
Ndudi Elumelu petitioned EFCC to recover N750m bribe paid to PDP chairman for governorship ticket
PDP Bayelsa suspends chairman for pocketing N40m donation by Deziani
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by BetaThings: 9:58am On Feb 14, 2015
philips70:

[b]Every accusation remain vague to the accused until a judge commits him to prison. You expect me to debate corruption issues and how GEJ aids and abets it here so you try to sweet talk me into submission? I am no investigator yet am not a beer parlour gossip. Am just reluctant to research and present facts to you as you will always defend all as smart crooks do. No government or it's agents accused of corruption ever accede to it. Never in history has it happened. Moreover cases of corruption cannot be proven on internet pages yet they exist even in massive scale. Your task is just to name one politician convicted of corruption since GEJ assumed presidency and how it ended. How many have been charged to court and how many of the various reports of investigation eg Ribadu's that the president have implemented and people conclusively brought to book. The corrupt cases that have gained prominence in GEJ's government are those gains that were reversed eg Alamieseigha and Bode George, FFK now heading his campaign media wing. Brother, GEJ is in love with corruption and corrupt people. America and Britain are well aware of this and have spoken out severally. They have more intels than me and you know about. Am not expecting to convince you though as you will never be.[/b]

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by BetaThings: 10:03am On Feb 14, 2015
free13:
Obj and Buhari they criminals.
grin grin

Yes they are for not joining the corruption train
FFK due in court next week!
Alamieyesegha (Mrs Nigeria) - criminally pardoned
Maina - on the loose
Ndudi Elumelu - bribed PDP chair N750m for gov ticket
Deziani N40m donation leads to suspension of Bayelsa PDP chair

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by siraj1402(m): 11:40am On Feb 14, 2015
stexsy:
yes stealing is nt corruption, go n read
Olodo

Get more fact between stealing and corruption.

https://www.nairaland.com/2146737/stealing-same-corruption-lawyers-tell
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by siraj1402(m): 11:42am On Feb 14, 2015
erico2k2:

dont be ignorant.stealing is and will never be corruption.is ur skull 2 think 2 absorb tjat single phrase?when a PHD holder speaks.the rest should listen.
Oga PHD, don't be a dormant.

Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by stexsy(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2015
siraj1402:
Olodo

so they knw more than d chief judge, ok na
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by CahlMheRodney(m): 9:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
geedeex2:
Transparency international ,you can't tell us what we know .GEJ Government is more corrupt than all the other administrations we have had in Nigeria put together
........niqerians are always stupid even when they are starinq at the truth.....smh!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by CahlMheRodney(m): 9:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
BetaThings:

its not like you will be any better if you eventually qet there by chance!...mtcheeeww!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by BetaThings: 12:53am On Feb 15, 2015
tuniski:
Jonathan has not betrayed us ooo. He remains the best ever! He wanted to remove subsidy to end the scam once and for all but, una resisted it then turnaround to blame and accuse him. FOI is only at federal level let state too adopt it. The. Petroleum Bill is being frustrated by APC agents in NASS! We are wiser GEJ still the man. No be by gra gra!
You are wiser and
we are wisest

Does Jonathan not confront NASS when his interests are threatened
He ignored them on Oteh's matter (SEC DG)
The same NASS passed the Electric Power Sector Reform Act 2005 under Obasanjo
Without that act, his vaunted privatisation of the power distribution companies would not have occured

But Jonathan keeps lamenting the non-passage of the PIB which was not his idea to start with
It was Yaradua that initiated it
Jonathan only acts decisively when his PERSONAL interests are affected
He promised to end lamentations. Has he?
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by justme002: 1:02am On Feb 15, 2015
No wonder!!,there is really no need to waste much talk on those two,cos it's obvious that old age is bothering them seriously!!,even at ur age,stealing is still a hobby to u both,cant u guys just give up now and go home and rest with ur family n grandkids??..is it compulsory to rule us and since we don't need u guys,i will suggest u both return to ur villages in peace!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Trunaijian: 5:47pm On Feb 15, 2015
kaboninc:

Provide proof bro. Substantiated evidence. Not beer-palour or palm wine or ogogoro talk.
re-read my post. You will see the link i posted. No be me do am, na Wikipedia.
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by Chiaka(f): 9:41am On Feb 17, 2015
PAnaceA7:
lol.... Pained GEJ supporter besides am not anti- Jonathan but I hate the way pdp go about their campaign..

Just don't like the way APC go about theirs they even kill for politics too bad!!
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by erico2k2(m): 5:22am On Jun 14, 2015
[quote author=stexsy post=30724239]so they knw more than d
Re: Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI by erico2k2(m): 5:25am On Jun 14, 2015
siraj1402:
Oga PHD, don't be a dormant.

You my friend even realized you loook silly and the lawyer too is silly,go to the ordinary Dictionary sold for N200 you will find the difference
Corruption =Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery:
the journalist who wants to expose corruption in high places
Stealing=Take (another person’s property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it:

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Buhari With French President, Emmanuel Macron At One Planet Summit (Photo) / Gov. Tambuwal receives body of Ex-president Shehu Shagari at the Sokoto Airport / Tinubu Responds To Questions On Climate Change (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.