Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,706 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances (22406 Views)

Don't Buy Transformers - FG Warns Nigerians / Governor Amaechi Walks The Streets Of Port Harcourt Unguarded- Photo / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Raypawer(m): 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Jonathan can say this now because he knew the America is not for him.He knew they were watching him for all his steps.Remember the same Jonathan referred us to America when we asked of our missing dollars. "America will know" grin

"There is a Nigeria long before us,there will be a Nigeria long after us"GMB

chai... c English @ GMB... and he wants to be the President if Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by owobokiri(m): 9:06pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

So show the proof that Venezuela sent the US Ambassador home due to anti Venezuelan stance.

I'll be waiting for links from credible sources to back up any allegations that you levy.

I will warn you though that I'm not the typical NL, you will need to show me undisputable evidences and not just bar bragging talks.

Bolivia also expelled the US ambassador around this time. That is what serious nations do. Google is your friend bro.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by UniqueGem(m): 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Your analysis might be a bit rude but I will take it and end the discussion. Peace
Sorry if you find it rude, but no diss intended. I was only looking to paint the scenario a perfect picture. Meanwhile, your answer to the question I asked is the answer to the issue on ground.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

Bolivia also expelled the US ambassador around this time. That is what serious nations do. Google is your friend bro.

Excellent, so I take it that you just want to make elaborate statements without backing it up with proof and facts. Very Nigerian.

By the way, Google is not my friend, Google is an online search engine.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
Raypawer:

He was President of Nigeria before and shed the colonial mentality. There is no requirement to speak English.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by queensmith: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
They need to warn them very well!

Me too iyam worning all off you on behalf of GEJ, you all need to be veri veri kiaful. . . If i cash you ehn. . . na only you waka come ni?

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2015
atlwireles:

He can use the book of Mormon for all I care. He is still Osama bin Obama.

Okay so now he's also a Mormon? cheesy

All very good. We are an accepting nation. Nigeria should borrow a leaf instead of slaughtering and bombing each other like fowls due to religion.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by tmodeltoluene(m): 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2015
Correct I love this

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by obaayo2: 9:14pm On Feb 12, 2015
dont know whats keeping Russia from bombing this yanks
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Tonylyte(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2015
siraj1402:
Dreamer,why is Nigeria consulting America for weapons?
Lol, america gets weapons from russia, does that america russia's puppet?

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by siraj1402(m): 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
Raypawer:

You have a choice of hugging a transformer.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by engrsyer(m): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
atlwireles:
http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/29285-fg-warns-us-others-against-unguarded-utterances

THE Federal Government, on Wednesday, cautioned members of the diplomatic community against making what it termed “unguarded utterances” on matters that are strictly within the domestic jurisdiction of Nigeria.

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Wali, gave the warning in Abuja, at an interactive session with the diplomatic community over the shift of the general election.

Wali expressed “the strong displeasure of the Federal Government with the conduct of some heads of mission,” who have continued to breach the laid down diplomatic channels of communication.

According to him, some heads of mission “have continued to behave in an imperial manner and in clear breach of the channel of the diplomatic communication.

“A situation, where a head of mission takes on the role of a government, seeking to impose the views and perspectives of his government and making unguarded utterances on matters that are strictly within the domestic jurisdiction of the host country is totally unacceptable.

“It is only in this country that I have noticed some envoys, who have taken it upon themselves and without recourse to the government to embark on social causes and political advocacy that are totally unrelated to conventional diplomacy and representational duties of ambassadors.”

The minister pointed out that Nigerian envoys abroad do not behave in such manners.

“It is, therefore, unacceptable for envoys to abuse their privileges and immunities by behaving in a manner that would have been met with the opprobrium in their countries were Nigerian ambassadors to behave in like manner.

“Let me be clear on this, the Federal Government will no longer tolerate the excesses of such heads of mission.

“They are, hereby, advised to operate within the norms and etiquette of diplomatic intercourse,” he said.

The minister declared that with the support of Nigerians and the international community, the elections would hold as rescheduled and in a peaceful and violence-free atmosphere.

He said it had become evident that elections could not hold as planned in the three North-East states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.

Wali explained that doing so could have put the lives of electoral officials, including observers and ad hoc staff in danger.

He said the decision to shift the elections, as stated by INEC chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega, was taken after painstaking consultations with all relevant stakeholders.

He said the Federal Government found the comments already made by some of Nigeria’s friends and partners on the polls shift as judgmental, precipitate and unwaranted.

“What we need at this time is not to be hectored or lectured as to the conduct of Nigeria’s internal affairs, but the deepening of democracy in our country.

“No country, no matter how well-intentioned, can love Nigeria more than Nigerians,” he said.

According to him, there is a broad-based consensus by Nigerians for the elections to hold in all parts of the country, to guarantee the credibility and acceptability of the elections.

“While security has been a major concern, it is obvious that INEC may not have been fully prepared to conduct the elections as earlier scheduled.

“It is a fact that over 34 per cent of registered voters are yet to collect their permanent voter cards.

“There are other logistical and operational challenges, such as adequate provisions for electoral materials including prompt delivery and the training of ad hoc staff, which are critical to the success of the elections.”

Wali said that President Goodluck Jonathan had continued to respect the independence and autonomy of INEC and the judiciary.

He pointed out that INEC had demonstrated its independence through the successful conduct of elections recently, where the ruling party lost.

He thanked the member states of the Lake Chad Basin Commission for their contributions to the operations of the Multi-National Joint Task Force in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgency.

“I am confident that as envoys accredited to Nigeria, you will continue to report events in this country factually and accurately, so as to deepen understanding, cooperation and partnership among your individual countries and Nigeria,” he said.
Like seriously the FG got it more than 100% right. Enough of all those envoys who rants there mouths like tap without caution. They better respect individual country's independency and internal affairs or..............

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by owobokiri(m): 9:24pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

Excellent, so I take it that you just want to make elaborate statements without backing it up with proof and facts. Very Nigerian.

By the way, Google is not my friend, Google is an online search engine.

Son, I don't have time for theatrics. I asked the Nigerian government to send the US ambassador home if he keeps geting involved in our domestic affairs. You insunuated that I can't find examples of where it has been done. I told you that in Latin America at the height of Chaves regime, Venezuela GAVE THE US AMBASSADOR 72 HOURS TO LEAVE, and guess what?? Gringo LEFT WITHIN 72 hours!!! This was after Bolivia also EXPELLED the US ambassador for getting entangled in Bolivias domestic issues. You keep asking for links when all you need to do is to google that in good faith. .

Here is the UK guardian story on the expulsion of the US ambassador by venezuela! 72 hours!! And he complied!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/sep/12/venezuela.usa#guardian-edition-menu

This is from the british Telegraph, about the expulsion of the American ambassador by Bolivia:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/2801579/Bolivia-expels-US-ambassador-Philip-Goldberg.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by okechukwu3: 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2015
USA and Britain will not support Gej, he did not support gay marriage , he signed the anti gay law, Nigerians got to think twice.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by xklucvG: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2015
atlwireles:
http://tribune.com.ng/news/top-stories/item/29285-fg-warns-us-others-against-unguarded-utterances

THE Federal Government, on Wednesday, cautioned members of the diplomatic community against making what it termed “unguarded utterances” on matters that are strictly within the domestic jurisdiction of Nigeria.

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Aminu Wali, gave the warning in Abuja, at an interactive session with the diplomatic community over the shift of the general election.

Wali expressed “the strong displeasure of the Federal Government with the conduct of some heads of mission,” who have continued to breach the laid down diplomatic channels of communication.

According to him, some heads of mission “have continued to behave in an imperial manner and in clear breach of the channel of the diplomatic communication.

“A situation, where a head of mission takes on the role of a government, seeking to impose the views and perspectives of his government and making unguarded utterances on matters that are strictly within the domestic jurisdiction of the host country is totally unacceptable.

“It is only in this country that I have noticed some envoys, who have taken it upon themselves and without recourse to the government to embark on social causes and political advocacy that are totally unrelated to conventional diplomacy and representational duties of ambassadors.”

The minister pointed out that Nigerian envoys abroad do not behave in such manners.

“It is, therefore, unacceptable for envoys to abuse their privileges and immunities by behaving in a manner that would have been met with the opprobrium in their countries were Nigerian ambassadors to behave in like manner.

“Let me be clear on this, the Federal Government will no longer tolerate the excesses of such heads of mission.

“They are, hereby, advised to operate within the norms and etiquette of diplomatic intercourse,” he said.

The minister declared that with the support of Nigerians and the international community, the elections would hold as rescheduled and in a peaceful and violence-free atmosphere.

He said it had become evident that elections could not hold as planned in the three North-East states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe.

Wali explained that doing so could have put the lives of electoral officials, including observers and ad hoc staff in danger.

He said the decision to shift the elections, as stated by INEC chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega, was taken after painstaking consultations with all relevant stakeholders.

He said the Federal Government found the comments already made by some of Nigeria’s friends and partners on the polls shift as judgmental, precipitate and unwaranted.

“What we need at this time is not to be hectored or lectured as to the conduct of Nigeria’s internal affairs, but the deepening of democracy in our country.

“No country, no matter how well-intentioned, can love Nigeria more than Nigerians,” he said.

According to him, there is a broad-based consensus by Nigerians for the elections to hold in all parts of the country, to guarantee the credibility and acceptability of the elections.

“While security has been a major concern, it is obvious that INEC may not have been fully prepared to conduct the elections as earlier scheduled.

“It is a fact that over 34 per cent of registered voters are yet to collect their permanent voter cards.

“There are other logistical and operational challenges, such as adequate provisions for electoral materials including prompt delivery and the training of ad hoc staff, which are critical to the success of the elections.”

Wali said that President Goodluck Jonathan had continued to respect the independence and autonomy of INEC and the judiciary.

He pointed out that INEC had demonstrated its independence through the successful conduct of elections recently, where the ruling party lost.

He thanked the member states of the Lake Chad Basin Commission for their contributions to the operations of the Multi-National Joint Task Force in the fight against the Boko Haram insurgency.

“I am confident that as envoys accredited to Nigeria, you will continue to report events in this country factually and accurately, so as to deepen understanding, cooperation and partnership among your individual countries and Nigeria,” he said.
Nice one from you minister. Obama and his fvcking administration sees Nigeria as 1 country they can throw gabarge at because the president look imbecilic and docile. "Obama i dare you to try same with North Korea or Russia" arsehole.

2 Likes

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by BigSexyPapi(m): 9:29pm On Feb 12, 2015
raumdeuter:
LOL

FG warn US

Jonathan warn Obama

Laff go wound person for here o

So wetin FG wan do if US doesnt stop?

Empty ranting of a drunk clueless Retardeen

America would know
Anu ofia and u call urself a Nigerian...Chai

2 Likes

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by engrsyer(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2015
engrsyer:
Like seriously the FG got it more than 100% right. Enough of all those envoys who rants there mouths like tap without caution. They better respect individual country's independence and internal affairs or..............

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by oshaosha2014(m): 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2015
raumdeuter:
LOL

FG warn US

Jonathan warn Obama

Laff go wound person for here o

So wetin FG wan do if US doesnt stop?

Empty ranting of a drunk clueless Retardeen

America would know

FG can expel them from this land.

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by BigSexyPapi(m): 9:33pm On Feb 12, 2015
okechukwu3:
USA and Britain will not support Gej, he did not support gay marriage , he signed the anti gay law, Nigerians got to think twice.
We don't need it protect ur sovereignty...One Nigeria....dude use ur ako na uche

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2015
PDPwayoo:

We dont have the pedigree to warn America and we cant afford to loss America as an ally. To be honest Nigeria has not gone to that level.
This administration should not drag us into war cos we dont have military for fight smallest country not to talk of America.

If fish pass fish, e go swallow am. It will only take U.S Navy SEAL 30 minutes to kidnap any president including Nigeria if they want.
IT IS OF ANY COUNTRY INTEREST TO BE FRIEND OF AMERICA. RUSSIA TODAY IS A GOOD EXAMPLE. RUSSIA ECONOMY HAS CRUMBLED COS OF RECENT USA SANCTION.
ANY USA OR EU SANCTION ON NIGERIA WILL SPELL DOOM FOR THE POOR MASSES. POLITICIANS HAVE ENOUGH MONEY IN THEIR RESERVE.

ANd it takes osama bin landen 4 people to destroy the twin tower in the heart of the US with their own airplane

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by papaskino(m): 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
It's clear that the U.S has seen the super invation that GEJ's Transformation programmes and feels tension over Nigeria growing to challenge them as world power and that's why they never supported election reschedule cos they wud have liked to see Nigeria in chaos and I think that's why they refused to transact the arms deal but thank God for very thing. GEJ 4eva for his resilience and focus!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

Son, I don't have time for theatrics. I asked the Nigerian government to send the US ambassador home if he keeps geting involved in our domestic affairs. You insunuated that I can't find examples of where it has been done. I told you that in Latin America at the height of Chaves regime, Venezuela GAVE THE US AMBASSADOR 72 HOURS TO LEAVE, and guess what?? Gringo LEFT WITHIN 72 hours!!! This was after Bolivia also EXPELLED the US ambassador for getting entangled in Bolivias domestic issues. You keep asking for links when all you need to do is to google that in good faith. .

Here is the UK guardian story on the expulsion of the US ambassador by venezuela! 72 hours!! And he complied!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/sep/12/venezuela.usa#guardian-edition-menu

Infant, I asked you for proof of your allegation and you are submitting it. Why the frack the drama? Take it down the road cause that shyte don't work with me kiddo.

I'll read your link and respond.

Edit:

I hardly went as far as the middle of the story when your premise fell to pieces.

"The Venezuelan president did not offer evidence of wrongdoing by the ambassador, Patrick Duddy, or other US officials, but he said several Venezuelan military officers had been detained following an investigation by his intelligence services. " grin

Liasten anyone can ask any ambassador to leave.

"The US retaliated by expelling Bolivia's envoy to Washington and would probably have done the same to Venezuela's envoy, Bernardo Alvarez, had Chávez not recalled him to Caracas first."
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Sammiejokes(m): 9:45pm On Feb 12, 2015
After reading through, I just shake my head at all this our so call weakling ministers, He. Did not have the balls. To mention names if he waz to be taken serz. That is a sign of weakling, mention names then we know He is seriouz. All this oyinbo slave trying to buy cheap confidence.
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Sammiejokes(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
After reading through, I just shake my head at all these our so call weakling ministers, He. Did not have the balls. To mention names if he waz to be taken serz. That is a sign of weakling, mention names then we know He is seriouz. All this oyinbo slave trying to buy cheap confidence.
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by owobokiri(m): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

Infant, I asked you for proof of your allegation and you are submitting it. Why the frack the drama? Take it down the road cause that shyte don't work with me kiddo.

Don't press my buttons. If you are so ignorant of the issues I raised, why were you so determined to prove I was wrong?

1 Like

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2015
donnypool:

ANd it takes osama bin landen 4 people to destroy the twin tower in the heart of the US with their own airplane

Oponu ode, you do know that your fellow country men also died in the towers right?

http://truedemocracy.net/td4/43s-nigerian-vic.html
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

Don't press my buttons. If you are so ignorant of the issues I raised, why were you so determined to prove I was wrong?

Kid, consider your buttons definitely pushed. I mean if that's what will get you to prove your asinine claims.

The only person that is ignorant so far on this discussion is you. You lack education on wordy matters and your nationalistic cuddling of erosive actions by your inept leaders will be your downfall.

Naira was at N205 to $1 today, let's see how that beer parlor chest beating works for your leadership. Go ask Russia, Venezuela and Bolivia how that is working for them. Many of their citizens (Venezuela and Bolivia) died in the desert trying to sneak into the US illegally grin
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

Oponu ode, you do know that your fellow country men also died in the towers right?

http://truedemocracy.net/td4/43s-nigerian-vic.html

YOU GOAT, do you know that it is the duty of the America president to protect our citizen?
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
donnypool:

YOU GOAT, do you know that it is the duty of the America president to protect our citizen?

Hey now it's capital letters time grin

Donkey, it's the job of every President to protect her citizens.

I wonder how the 300 kidnapped Chibok girls feels about the wonderful manner that POTFRON protected them cheesy

#BringBackOurGirls
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by owobokiri(m): 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2015
CityNG:

Edit:

I hardly went as far as the middle of the story when your premise fell to pieces.

"The Venezuelan president did not offer evidence of wrongdoing by the ambassador, Patrick Duddy, or other US officials, but he said several Venezuelan military officers had been detained following an investigation by his intelligence services. " grin

Liasten anyone can ask any ambassador to leave.

"The US retaliated by expelling Bolivia's envoy to Washington and would probably have done the same to Venezuela's envoy, Bernardo Alvarez, had Chávez not recalled him to Caracas first."

Obviously you enjoy twaddling with triffles. . You asked for examples of places where this has happened, and I gave you the links from the british press because I felt only western sources will impress an African man with white eyes. If you want the Venezuelan angle of the story, go get the info for yourself. Do take care

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 12, 2015
owobokiri:

Obviously you enjoy twaddling with triffles. . You asked for examples of places where this has happened, and I gave you the links from the british press because I felt only western sources will impress an African man with white eyes. If you want the Venezuelan angle of the story, go get the info for yourself. Do take care

You are not qualified to insult me so give that shyte up as I'm immune to snort nosed punks who have suddenly found access to the web cheesy

I know that hurts but you'll make it somehow.

You are not going to make haphazard claims without backing them up. You have proved thing but two countries up-manning each other by recalling ambassadors.

This is not your local joint where you bark and grunt out nonsensicals to locals.
Re: FG Warns US, Others Against Unguarded Utterances by luvmijeje(f): 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2015
eddyline:

OK sir. go ahead and weed me out of the country.

Don't mind them..... It's those that are threatening you that will be weeded out first.

@ topic, the international community is alive to its responsibility...... everyone shouldn't be irresponsible as our government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Eberechi Suzzette Nyesom-Wike's 44th Birthday Celebrated In Grand Style - Pics / Newspaper Vendors Blame Online Media For Drop In Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.