Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

Let’s Help Sola Odumosu Walk Again - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Let’s Help Sola Odumosu Walk Again (1118 Views)

Thanks!!! / Help Tunde Lawal Alabi Azeez To Walk Again!! / Miracle! Man,completly Cut In Half By Vehicle Accident Walk Again-pictures/video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let’s Help Sola Odumosu Walk Again by ayospecie(m): 8:42pm On Feb 12, 2015
My name is Ayodimeji Badejoko, a pharmacist & entertainer.
I'm passionate about social work and causes targeted at helping the helpless. On 29th January 2015, I received a panic call from Mr. Sola Odumosu, a senior colleague and friend from my University days at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State who recently sustained a fatal knee damage following a fall. The damaged knee deteriorated rapidly due to his sickle cell disease. He is currently bedridden and cannot work or move around to earn a living.
Sola visited the University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Nigeria (the teaching hospital attached to the premier University of Ibadan) but a nationwide strike action crippled most hospital services. However, he got an expert opinion, proposing he travels to India for a total knee replacement.

After consulting widely, a top-notch orthopedic surgery team gave an estimate of an equivalent of N2,500,000.00 (Two million Five Hundred Thousand Naira only) - travel and accommodation expenses included.
I persuaded Sola to seek a 2nd surgeon opinion. On 3rd February 2015 (his 37th birthday), Sola consulted Dr. Enweluzo George, a respected orthopedic surgeon at Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), who confirmed that the muscles were already infected, requiring an urgent intervention. He also emphasized that Sola should proceed for total knee replacement in India afterwards.
Due to paucity of funds and support, Sola unfortunately moved back to Ijebu-Igbo, Oguns state to stay with his aged mother in ancient town and is presently admitted at St. Joseph Catholic Hospital, Oke Agbo Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State. I can't overemphasize Sola’s co-existing sickle cell disease condition. He needs your support to stay alive, walk or move around to earn a living for himself and his family. Sola would depart for India on the 15th March 2015.
If you are willing to support Sola to walk again, please send your financial supports to his mum’s account since he is not fit enough to make or follow up on bank transactions.
The account details are:
Account Name: MRS. FLORENCE ODUMOSU,
Account number: 1761909464
Bank Name: Skye Bank
For more enquires, contact Sola on 08073082226.
Thanks & remember that “A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle”- James Keller.

Compiled by
Ayo Badejoko
@ayoSpecie

1 Share

Re: Let’s Help Sola Odumosu Walk Again by ayospecie(m): 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2015
Sola Odumosu in Pictures.

Re: Let’s Help Sola Odumosu Walk Again by proudlysports: 12:01pm On Feb 14, 2015
Is there any way to get more people aware of this?
@OP how can this be verified so that people who want to help can help?
Re: Let’s Help Sola Odumosu Walk Again by proudlysports: 12:04pm On Feb 14, 2015
@sissy3 and @dominique anything you can do to help? Perhaps this isn't a life or death issue but at least if we can help before it becomes worse?

(1) (Reply)

Health Hazards Of Using "Pencil" Jeans Trousers Over Time / What's This Red Patch On My Arm ? / Pimples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.