Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians (3452 Views)

Militants Bomb Shell Oil Pipeline In Nigeria: Locals / Another Bomb Blast In Maiduguri, Kills Four / Another Bomb Rocks Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by eazysally: 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2015
Former president, Olusegun Obasanjo has enjoined Nigerians not to die for a mediocre in their search of a leader to run the country.

Obasanjo who spoke in London, at the launch of his book, My Watch, was however less than enthusiastic in his earlier endorsement on Tuesday of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Gen Muhammadu Buhari (Rtd), given in Nairobi Kenya.

The book, My Watch, which is the chronicle of Obasanjo’s years in the presidency, is banned in Nigeria pending judicial adjudication on a libel suit brought by a chieftain of People Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Buruji Kashamu.

The former president as however taken to international circuit to promote the book, with the launc first in Nairobi, where he endorsed Buhari for the presidency.

He told the Financial Times in London, “The circumstances he (Buhari), will be working under if he wins election are different from the one he worked under before where he was both the executive and the legislature-he knows that. He is smart enough. He is educated enough. He is experienced enough, why shouldn’t I support him?”

At the London launch on Wednesday night, the former president was however more circumspect, saying “What I said… I will say it again and I will do it. When the time comes for me to vote, I will consider the track record of all the candidates that are contesting and I will assess them. Then, based on my assessment for who I believe have the best track record to perform the job of the Nigerian president, then he will have my vote and if anybody should know what the job of the Nigerian president requires, I should know.

He was nevertheless still dismissive in the assessment of the work of the incumbent president, Goodluck Jonathan, whose political career he helped fast-track from deputy-governor in 2005 to vice-president in 2007 and then backed for the presidency in 2011.

Obasanjo has always attacked Dr. Jonathan’s second term bid warned.

“And there is no sentiment in the affairs of Nigeria. Nigeria is a population of 180 million and you wouldn’t have anybody other than one person or two persons that can run the affairs of Nigeria? What the hell are we talking about? For me there are millions who can run the affairs of Nigeria that are not even coming out.

“So why should you die on behalf of one who is probably performing as a mediocre.With all due respect. if you love Nigeria, you would look for the best for her and I don’t believe that at this point in time, we have the best” he said

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/dont-vote-mediocre-president-obasanjo/
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Ojeremi(m): 7:43pm On Feb 13, 2015
/
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by IanDiamonds: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2015
The handwritting is on the wall... those who cant see it are doomed.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Elslim: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2015
Action man...! buht dis Jona wey u impose on us don turn tyrant infact hm wan turn sit tight presido..
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by oges(m): 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2015
Elslim:
Action man...! buht dis Jona wey u impose on us don turn tyrant infact hm wan turn sit tight presido..
OBJ is gisting in 3D.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Trendy247: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
WHAT DID HE DO WHEN HE WAS THE PRESIDENT?...FOOLISH OLD MAN.
ANYWAY I'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT GEJ TILL Buhari APPLY FOR THE POST OF EFCC CHAIRMAN, SINCE ALL HE WANTS IS TO FIGHT KWOROPTION

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 13, 2015
Elslim:
u call someone who was going for an illegal 3rd term action man and someone going for his legal 2nd term sit tight presido,do u do ur thinkhing with ur balls??!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Elslim: 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2015
Rexxie:

u call someone who was going for an illegal 3rd term action man and someone going for his legal 2nd term sit tight presido,do u do ur thinkhing with ur balls??!!

Bros go ND read my watch and u'll know d truth behind Objs 3rd time... mofo

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by clevvermind(m): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2015
could you imagine? even Obasanjo that stinks of corruption will still open his mouth to talk. smh.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2015
Elslim:

however are u gonna justify that illegitimate n criminal 3rd term to make out some senses or something reasonable,huh? just admit,u goofed and i bet ur silly arsse u got ur balls upstairs....
n i heard that goddamm book is banned in nigeria,so u shud be arrested for pirating or bought a copy,mumu nobel prize winner...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by clevvermind(m): 9:23pm On Feb 13, 2015
Trendy247:
WHAT DID HE DO WHEN HE WAS THE PRESIDENT?...FOOLISH OLD MAN.
ANYWAY I'LL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT GEJ TILL Buhari APPLY FOR THE POST OF EFCC CHAIRMAN, SINCE ALL HE WANTS IS TO FIGHT KWOROPTION
don't mind those corrupt men. they are just wasting their time.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by baybeeboi: 9:24pm On Feb 13, 2015
obasanjo making noise since 1708.
You must enjoy Goodluck with us.
After-all He's ur making.
GEJ till......

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Nctrice(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
IBB should teach this man how to be an elder stateman!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by TheFreeOne: 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2015
A shameless unrepentant tout talking as usual!

He should advise his family. Better still he should advise himself cos even his family won't listen to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by omolami: 10:15pm On Feb 13, 2015
It is high time the PDP suspends Obasanjo.This is bec out of jealousy of d numerous achievement of d president,obj still delibrately rubish him anywhere he speaks,whether in nigeria or outside nigeria.Abusing yr own president is a high anti party activity.TI has just stated that Obj tenure was most corrupt,what else does obj want.Jealousy should have a limit.Someone should call Buruji for obj plse
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by omolami: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2015
I Strongly urge PDP to suspend obj immediately.His jealousy of Jonathan's numerous achievements is already driving him crazy.Cant control his tongue within and outside nigeria again.Its unfortnate that some so called elders are best,address as motorpark touts

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by omolami: 10:30pm On Feb 13, 2015
Pdp should suspend obj now and immediately.enough of him ruishing our president

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2015
...F A C T.. C H E C K ...
'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one
UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and
ABTI. They none for Nigerians.
Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14
(FOURTEEN) new universities for all
Nigerians. None for themselves.
NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/
sponsors/piloters/members of APC.... They
too are seeking CHANGE!!!
I choose TRANSFORMATION than this their
CHANGE.
What about you?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:29am On Feb 14, 2015
Obj endorsed GEJ few years ago, its pretty obvious he regrets that endorsement now! Anyways....#TeamGMB wink

#TeamAPC #TeamChange #TeamFightCorruption
#TeamGejMustGoBackToOtuoke
#TeamAmbode #TeamMarch4Buhari

Legooo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by viccipedia: 1:55am On Feb 14, 2015
Elslim:

LOL.... by their fruits we shall know them, typical buharists! Mediocrity of the highest order, keep reading My watch, by the grace of God, you will soon become a security man.undecided
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Samunique(m): 2:59am On Feb 14, 2015
baybeeboi:
obasanjo making noise since 1708.
You must enjoy Goodluck with us.
After-all He's ur making.
GEJ till......
God bless u!

Good answer for that old man ( OBJ ) who should have been a father to this country but has made himself less honorable bcs he lacks self control.
I wonder what he's still looking for at this age that he has not had.

Man is insatiable!!!!

A MAN THAT IS IN HONOR AND KNOWETH NOT IS LIKE A BEAST THAT PERISHETH says the bible!!!!
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by tolustx(m): 4:02am On Feb 14, 2015
This baba funny sef. Mr righteous! was he d 'best' in his own time? and is he saying Buhari is d best now?

BTW "no matter how many achievements u make as a leader, u are not yet successful until ur successor is successful". The old man shud take note of that.
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by BabaO2: 5:22am On Feb 14, 2015
The summary of Obasanjo statement is reject mediocre, reject jonathan.
Obasanjo said don't vote Jonathan , don't vote Pdp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by eazysally: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2015
BabaO2:

you just hit the nail on the head!!!!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by bewla(m): 5:47am On Feb 14, 2015
is he speaking from
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by kettykin: 5:59am On Feb 14, 2015
Obasanjo should first advice himself

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:22am On Feb 14, 2015
BabaO2:
To those that can't comprehend OBJ`s statement

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by makzeze: 6:27am On Feb 14, 2015
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by sirrinky: 6:53am On Feb 14, 2015
Baba Iyabo no go rest?
Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:13am On Feb 14, 2015
Baba has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Dropped Another Bomb Shell, Advised Nigerians by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 14, 2015
P

(1) (Reply)

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Locked Out Of President Buhari’s Security Meeting / Re: Why The Bias Towards Pro Biafra Threads Has Been Deleted. / Oyo State Has The Highest No. Of People With Mental Illness In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.