Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) (36625 Views)

Chinese Guy Eats Hungrily On Abuja Streets / PHOTOS: Oyibo Man Seen Buying Akara In Lagos / Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by rashygenius: 11:14am On Feb 14, 2015
[quote author=axortedbabe post=30709399]Mehn i see am when i go watch world cup i shock....[/quote
I doubt if u get lite 4 ur area watch d world cup let alone of going to Brazil
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by juman(m): 11:40am On Feb 14, 2015
demelza:
This is one of the legacies of the great Yoruba culture.
#OmoOduduwakiss

Hmmmm, OmoOduduwa

God does what he likes. What's to learn by yoruba people being OmoOduduwa is that a very good leader can become father of the nation.
God is great.

"Laye Olugbon mo ke 'borun meje

E o ma fi 'we l'orin

Laye Aresa mo ke 'borun mefa

E o ma fi 'we l'orin"

Laye awon oba ti oni ati awon alasẹ ti oni ilu daru mon won lori. (during the time of todays kings and other todays leaders the things spoil pafuka)

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by pupsyd: 11:55am On Feb 14, 2015
see the way the woman package am!.....neat !!!!
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by macof(m): 11:56am On Feb 14, 2015
amnestylaw1:

The way those guys call it make it look like Akara Aje (witch's Akara) or Wealth akara

It's actually Akara jije, "akara to eat"
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by macof(m): 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2015
GodMode:

There were never "yoruba slaves"

The name "yoruba" was made in the 19th century by the british because there was no general name for them i.e some factions were called Awori Yoruba(I think the ones in lagos, togo and benin republic), there was ijebu yoruba and so on...

They were called Lucumi...

If you doubt me just ask google.
Wrong information you have here.
Yoruba was coined by Yorubas of Oyo from "Y.ariba" which the Malians called the Oyo empire as early as 15th century

And Awori are only in Lagos and Ogun states
Lucumi are the Yoruba in Cuba nt Brazil

4 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
Mehn i see am when i go watch world cup i shock....
na lie....
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by subbieD(f): 12:23pm On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
....#meaning
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by axortedbabe(f): 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2015
[quote author=rashygenius post=30720067][/quote]guy everybody no poor lyk u na..
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by axortedbabe(f): 12:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
agrovick:

Assorted lies tongue
guy everybody no poor lyk u na..
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Merlissa(f): 12:47pm On Feb 14, 2015
Joel3:
how do you eat garri? You eat it with soup? Or u drink it with groundnut?

We fry garri with little oil and small chunk of meat..
We eat it with black beans called FEJUADA..
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by agrovick(m): 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
guy everybody no poor lyk u na..
Hahahaha, u wan see screenshot of my bank account?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by sacora(f): 1:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
Haba embarassed
axortedbabe:
Haba
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 14, 2015
paulolee:
Yeah dts no news and even
Garri ar bin sold in Spain
maize or corn ar sold in Russia
plantain. yam, potatoes ar sold in Sweden, arqentina, italy n even in Haiti
Beans n Bread was ma main source of survival d last tym I was in Greece n even in Portugal
Was shocked, surprised n happy wen I saw pounded Yam n equsi on d food manual in a restaurant in croatia wen i travellwd for a semina...last month...
did took pics bt deleted d folder of ma foreign pics yesterday after man gal insisted on qoin tru ma fone n I realised dt almost all d pics in dt folder wud do our relationship more harm dan qud n Valentine n her b'day is just some days ahead......
u dey giv dem sobo drinkk che?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by notoriousbabe: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
yearport you half not bean not to talk of entering eromplain to Brazil to wash world cupgrin
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by hclacid(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2015
The acarajé (Eat acara) as it is called in Brazil is a lot different from the one in Nigeria in terms of taste. The one made in Naija is miles better...
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by notoriousbabe: 2:03pm On Feb 14, 2015
hclacid:
The acarajé (Eat acara) as it is called in Brazil is a lot different from the one in Nigeria in terms of taste. The one made in Naija is miles better...
have you eated their own before?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by hclacid(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2015
Yeah I live in Brazil...
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Horllamideh(m): 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2015
lafex:
Don't worry I will soon be ezportin kuli kuli to dubai
Let us combine capital nah....let kuli kulized the whole of the Middle East,South America and Europe.
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by darediamond(m): 2:35pm On Feb 14, 2015
Really? May I know where the word "Akara" stems from?
I neeed your well narrated historical explanation about the food please.
Also can explain how the Igbos came to know what they call "Akwete"?

Omo Yoruba ni mi o... Swagar!!
slowpoison1:

ogbeni akara isnt a yoruba culture atall!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by darediamond(m): 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2015
Ogini, is he lieing?
Abeg prove amb wrong with fact jor.
kendrick9:
nonsense
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by darediamond(m): 2:41pm On Feb 14, 2015
Oduduwa ni Jare!!
Awon smellows wan un jealous wa.
Misogynist2014:
Yorùbá rocks.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by chukxie(m): 2:50pm On Feb 14, 2015
simplemach:
Hmmmm, thank God, atleast now when going, i only need to go with my Agege Bread since the akara is dia already.

Hahahaha! You're a comedian to have made me laugh this hard. Nice one !

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by darediamond(m): 2:55pm On Feb 14, 2015
Haa meeen, I love Nairaland with people like you around.
Let "kulikulized"... I've got to edit my lexicon now for the inclussion of this your amusing neeeeeew word!
Oya let's "kulikulized" together!
grin grin grin
Love ya.
Horllamideh:

Let us combine capital nah....let kuli kulized the whole of the Middle East,South America and Europe.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by simplemach(m): 3:08pm On Feb 14, 2015
chukxie:

Hahahaha! You're a comedian to have made me laugh this hard. Nice one !
thank u broda, but me na student o wen still dey hustle self
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Joel3(m): 3:28pm On Feb 14, 2015
I believe akara originate from edo state
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Casey6: 4:14pm On Feb 14, 2015
value for money,,see as akara BIGGG... ;Dvalue for money,,see as akara BIGGG...
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by ChristyG(f): 5:26pm On Feb 14, 2015
Joel3:
I believe akara originate from edo state
more lies grin grin grin.anything Yoruba gets u smellos coming up with sh1tty stories.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by FlintGuevara(m): 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2015
paulolee:
Yeah dts no news and even
Garri ar bin sold in Spain
maize or corn ar sold in Russia
plantain. yam, potatoes ar sold in Sweden, arqentina, italy n even in Haiti
Beans n Bread was ma main source of survival d last tym I was in Greece n even in Portugal
Was shocked, surprised n happy wen I saw pounded Yam n equsi on d food manual in a restaurant in croatia wen i travellwd for a semina...last month...
did took pics bt deleted d folder of ma foreign pics yesterday after man gal insisted on qoin tru ma fone n I realised dt almost all d pics in dt folder wud do our relationship more harm dan qud n Valentine n her b'day is just some days ahead......
Please, is your name Lienus?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Joel3(m): 5:46pm On Feb 14, 2015
ChristyG:
more lies grin grin grin.anything Yoruba gets u smellos coming up with sh1tty stories.
for real that is edo state meal. Its ancient even used by the witches.
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by iamord(m): 6:25pm On Feb 14, 2015
Missmossy:
grin Its really no surprise as local dishes are always available abroad! Nice though cool
I feel cheated sad . theirs is bigger and more eye appealing than the one here.. the source for that matter! sad
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by chukxie(m): 7:06pm On Feb 14, 2015
simplemach:
thank u broda, but me na student o wen still dey hustle self

Hustling continues, bro until we succeed. God bless you and your studies.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Eat This? See The Photo Which Has Sparked A Heated Debate Online / Nairalanders Post Your Christmas Food Here. / Hilda Baci Extends Cook-A-Thon To 100 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.