Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) (36618 Views)

Chinese Guy Eats Hungrily On Abuja Streets / PHOTOS: Oyibo Man Seen Buying Akara In Lagos / Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by hectorswag(m): 9:17am On Feb 14, 2015
If Akara exists over there I wouldn't be surprised if moi-moi & Eko is also available. smiley
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 14, 2015
slowpoison1:

ogbeni akara isnt a yoruba culture atall!

Shut up if you don't know what you're saying.

Akara is a local Yoruba food. You want to claim Akare now too?

God of mercy!
kendrick9:
nonsense
slowpoison1:

Shut up if you don't know what you're saying.

Akara is a local Yoruba food. You want to claim Akara now too?

God of mercy!

9 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by natureblack(m): 9:18am On Feb 14, 2015
It's different cultures that make the world go 'round at the end of the day.

Btw,I love/miss the Nigeria made variant,so customary.

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Baba419(m): 9:18am On Feb 14, 2015
All this just to stress a lie
paulolee:
Yeah dts no news and even
Garri ar bin sold in Spain
maize or corn ar sold in Russia
plantain. yam, potatoes ar sold in Sweden, arqentina, italy n even in Haiti
Beans n Bread was ma main source of survival d last tym I was in Greece n even in Portugal
Was shocked, surprised n happy wen I saw pounded Yam n equsi on d food manual in a restaurant in croatia wen i travellwd for a semina...last month...
did took pics bt deleted d folder of ma foreign pics yesterday after man gal insisted on qoin tru ma fone n I realised dt almost all d pics in dt folder wud do our relationship more harm dan qud n Valentine n her b'day is just some days ahead......

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by adeA1(m): 9:20am On Feb 14, 2015
Nawa oo!
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by opeyemi634: 9:20am On Feb 14, 2015
Where in the street of brasil?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by sage2(m): 9:21am On Feb 14, 2015
Missmossy:
grin Its really no surprise as local dishes are always available abroad! Nice though cool

Some lovely lips you've got there. Would you be my Val?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by shenery00723(m): 9:22am On Feb 14, 2015
http://youthincome.com/?user=27049 just a click on d link gives $25 register and earn more
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by eduxerxes: 9:24am On Feb 14, 2015
Acarajê kwa? Hia!!! See remix oh abi na merix.
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by amnestylaw1(m): 9:25am On Feb 14, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Akara is sold on the streets of Brazil,It is called Acarajé. Recipe taken to Brazil by slaves from West Africa .
Photo credit : SeeMeSeeNigeria

>>>> http://www.kingebuka.com/2015/02/do-you-know-that-akara-is-sold-on.html

The way those guys call it make it look like Akara Aje (witch's Akara) or Wealth akara

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by ChristyG(f): 9:27am On Feb 14, 2015
slowpoison1:

says who?the yoruba slaves that were sold to brazil took it there,when there was nothing like nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 14, 2015
Those akara look very enticing.
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by GodMode: 9:32am On Feb 14, 2015
ChristyG:
says who?the yoruba slaves that were sold to brazil took it there,when there was nothing like nigeria

There were never "yoruba slaves"

The name "yoruba" was made in the 19th century by the british because there was no general name for them i.e some factions were called Awori Yoruba(I think the ones in lagos, togo and benin republic), there was ijebu yoruba and so on...

They were called Lucumi...

If you doubt me just ask google.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Merlissa(f): 9:33am On Feb 14, 2015
Yes we have akara in Brazil. We also eat garri, okro and garden egg

Is just preparation that's different..

Just love my cultures..

#Bragerian!
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by bogolobango(m): 9:34am On Feb 14, 2015
@axortedbabe u are truly axorted kilode see dat ur shape nd height fit kill me
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by bolkay47(m): 9:36am On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
Mehn i see am when i go watch world cup i shock....
let see the pictures you took in sau paulo stadium.. undecided
axortedbabe:
let see the pictures you took in sau paulo stadium..
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by demmy0325(m): 9:41am On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
.. U mean electric shock..?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by ChristyG(f): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2015
GodMode:

The name "yoruba" was made in the 19th century by the british because there was no general name for them i.e some factions were called Awori Yoruba(I think the ones in lagos, togo and benin republic), there was ijebu yoruba and so on...

. If you doubt me just ask google.
you have no point,most of the slaves were oyo,egba who are yoruba people now.the descendants of these slaves(together with some other tribes) are d ones called lucumi.i dont think there are awori yoruba in benin or togo,the yoruba pple there migrated from ile ife.
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by datguru: 9:45am On Feb 14, 2015
simplemach:
Hmmmm, thank God, atleast now when going, i only need to go with my Agege Bread since the akara is dia already.

grin
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by GodMode: 9:54am On Feb 14, 2015
ChristyG:
you have no point,most of the slaves were oyo,egba who are yoruba people now.the descendants of these slaves(together with some other tribes) are d ones called lucumi.i dont think there are awori yoruba in benin or togo,the yoruba pple there migrated from ile ife.

Okay
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Setaje(f): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2015
My brazilian friends on fb eat amala and ewedu too. They love it.
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by yollychika(f): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2015
Oyelll oooo undecided
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2015
I saw akpu fufu, eba and ogbono soup in Norway i was shock. I saw amala and egusi soup live in swansea in Wales
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by agrovick(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
Assorted lies tongue
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by demelza: 10:00am On Feb 14, 2015
kritikali:

You are a liar,akara is no culture of urs..that's how u claim jolof and pounded yam re ur culture,whr did u even start growing beans on yoruba land. Mind you akara is called kosai in hausa lang.
k
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Joel3(m): 10:12am On Feb 14, 2015
Merlissa:

Yes we have akara in Brazil. We also eat garri, okro and garden egg

Is just preparation that's different..

Just love my cultures..

#Bragerian!
how do you eat garri? You eat it with soup? Or u drink it with groundnut?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by JoeCutie(m): 10:21am On Feb 14, 2015
axortedbabe:
Me too oh. Me sef chop am inside Brasilia stadium, with Agege Bread & Coke. grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Joel3(m): 10:31am On Feb 14, 2015
uncle005:
I saw akpu fufu, eba and ogbono soup in Norway i was shock. I saw amala and egusi soup live in swansea in Wales
in a africa nigeria shop or restaurant?

Or in the white restaurant?
Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by falopey: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2015
GodMode:

If you doubt me just ask google.

Which Google? You mean the one you create for yourself? Or the one like trash can that accommodate every rubbish post like nairaland? tribe is subdivided into ethnicity. You never mentioned Ekiti yoruba like you portray. If that's what you wan hear.
If the British came to change igbo to ibo and Ibanni to Bonny to make them sound more English to pronounce, the same cannot be said of yoruba. The nanes yoruba, igbo and hausa had been existing before the said century

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know That Akara Is Sold On The Streets Of Brazil ? (photo) by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 14, 2015
xreal:
I 'm not surprised.

They are/have strong 'Ifa' worshippers there, so Akara shouldn't be strange, even Ekuru.

...all na food for the gods deity.

Jesus!!!!!!! O boy, Ekuru wink wink wink

What a delicious meal!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Part Of The Chicken? (pic) / Nairalanders Post Your Christmas Food Here. / Can You Eat This? See The Photo Which Has Sparked A Heated Debate Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.