Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. (26739 Views)

Which Do You Prefer - Manual Or Automatic Transmission? / How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / My Experience Checking Out Innoson Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
RicKyRichards:

Yeah...I feel so fresh.
talk about püssy power undecided
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
ooshinibos:

Honestly i understand where u are coming from ..i used to drive a manual car before , but i accidently tried an automatic car since i have not turned back ..and i will not go back ...it was like i was free from slavery or bondage .
most car manufacture are now designing dual gear box -i think its called triptronic gearbox where you can switch to the manual or automatic depending on the road conditions , i had it it in my toyota avensis 2003 .
for a place like Nigeria , automatic gear box will be ideal ..because our commuter and local roads are just too bad .
The only down side of an automatic gear box it takes more petrol and if it breakdown its hards to fix or report ..but saying that most manufacturere now gi´ve 10 years guarantee ..
have u tried an automatic car before ?
As a matter of fact, i have three vehicles at my disposal currently. Two manuals and an auto... All in sound condition. I hardly drive the auto because i find the driving experience boring. The manuals put a smile on my face on the highway. Different strokes for different folks...
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
blublahd:

talk about power undecided
*yawns*
#swerve
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
RicKyRichards:

*yawns*
#swerve
for your clique to dey smell woman yansh na im be power undecided
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nneka123:
Good thing you notice..i was so scared she was going to make you believe I am the one grin, it's so absurd! i feel sick!
Gotta hand it to ya though, you're one resilient young lady. I like people with strong personalities. Definitely wanna know you better. tongue

1 Like

Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by popson1st: 6:50am On Feb 17, 2015
#TeamAutomatic.

1 Like

Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by ceejay4real(m): 7:14am On Feb 17, 2015
akpanikpe:

bros I control what I drive, not wat I drive controlling me, I Jst pray u never have gear problem on a lonely high way wen driving an auto car.

Manual cars also have gear problems! Or don't they?
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by buchostags(m): 7:37am On Feb 17, 2015
licencing offices issue papers to peeps tht can drive manual. imagine taking ur wife or gal 4 manual lessons n u r d instructor. economically its better managed. u ve to change d gear if u leave it 4 a long tym n d gear rusts no oiling-thts auto. I do both. auto driver r conventional drivers
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Emmanuelgalazy(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
vanndubi:

Ur instructor is a bad one! How can he tell u to immediately remove ur left foot from the clutch pedal u throttle It doesn't work it that.

The clutching system of both manual and automatic gear system works on the same principle. For automatic, when you have ur right foot on the brake pedal and engage the gear, you will feel the vibration. This signals that the gear is engaged n u can throttle without the car rolling back.

And for the manual, u clutch down u engage gear 1. Then gently release the clutch n at point while you're releasing the clutch gently, you'll feel the vibration. Hold the clutch at that level and simply,(without rush) press the accelerator pedal and the car moves without rolling back even in an uphill slope.

Before I forget, Congrats on ur new car wink

******** Modified************
Maybe I omitted something undecided. When you clutch down, press down the brake too before engaging the gear 1. Start releasing the clutch gently to the point you start feeling the vibration. Hold the clutch at that level and start releasing the brake (without even pressing the throttle, the car will start moving as if you are releasing the brake of automatic car)

When you remove your right foot from the brake pedal and throttle, remove your left foot from the clutch pedal (It is not a good practice to clutch and throttle at the same time - coasting). Try it again and thank me later wink
what happens when u are releasing the brake of automatic car
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by vanndubi: 12:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
Emmanuelgalazy:
what happens when u are releasing the brake of automatic car

When you release the brake of automatic geared car, the car starts rolling forward even without throttling. (This is if the rpm of the engine is high enough to overcome resistance)
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2015
Nneka123:
hehe, i use my right leg for everything grin the left leg stays there chilling.
tongue
So what do you do for fun, asides gaming? grin
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 17, 2015
uboma:

Exactly. Been in control when driving is what one can never get when driving a vehicle with automatic transmission.

Boss, good evening. Pls i've just forwarded that mail to your account now. Check it and help do the needful plus whatever may be needed to add. Thanks.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by uboma(m): 7:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
Godshand:

Boss, good evening. Pls i've just forwarded that mail to your account now. Check it and help do the needful plus whatever may be needed to add. Thanks.

I'll check and get back to you later during the night.

Good evening.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2015
uboma:

Good evening.

Thanks sir.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
uboma:

Good evening.

I replied your mail sir. Kindly check. Thanks.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 6:10am On Feb 18, 2015
uboma:

Good evening.

I've just resent it sir. Pls check it. Thanks and Good morning.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 10:55am On Feb 18, 2015
uboma:

Good evening.

Hello Sir, pls did you see the mail as recent?
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 19, 2015
uboma:

Good evening.

Seems you had a busy day yesterday sir. Anyways, i'm still expecting your mail. Thanks and good morning.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by uboma(m): 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2015
Godshand:

Seems you had a busy day yesterday sir. Anyways, i'm still expecting your mail. Thanks and good morning.

Yes I was really busy yesterday + closed late from work. I have responded, please check your mail.

Cheers
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by uboma(m): 6:57pm On Feb 19, 2015
[]
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 23, 2015
uboma:

Yes I was really busy yesterday + closed late from work. I have responded, please check your mail.

Cheers

Hello sir, pls pardon my ceaseless disturbances. I'm so sorry abt this! I sent you mail but never had a reply. Thanks as you respond to this accordingly. God bless.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Jkvivi2020: 3:55pm On May 17, 2015
Some people are just saying rubbish. If u want to learn driving start with manual then auto will be easy as ABC. Some people drive automatic for more than ten years when they handle manual they become novice. I have teach lot of people driving from different part of the world and i drive even trailer and caterpilar so i have all the experience.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 20, 2015
For me non is superior to the other. As such I don't see those that drive auto as lazy, or inexperienced. Its a matter of choice.
Having said that, I prefer manual cars they give me control, I interact with my car while driving. I
ts more engaging. I kind of find autos boring to drive.
As for those saying driving manual in lagos traffic causes cramps. Really? Cos I've been driving in lagos traffic for more than 10 yrs and I've never, never, ever experienced any cramp.
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by youngice(m): 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2015
Lagusta:

Some car gurus here would not be happy about this....

I have personally seen a 2012 Peugeot 607 with 6speed manual tranny....

So what is this one saying!??

I love manuals, I love stick-shifts, autos are terribly boring to drive and are for sissy's....
I've seen a 2015 Manual Chevrolet camaro
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by youngice(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2015
pickabeau1:
LOLZ grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

From what i see on tv, the cars are driven via a controller with the driver selecting gears as he moves
However the progression is automatic

research
Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by pickabeau1: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2015
youngice:
research

Re: Automatic Vs Manual My Experience. by Timagex(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2018
egesie:
Nothing beats a stick shift, I don't want a car deciding when to change gears for me when m not brain dead, I mean don't u like the feel of being in control?

Anyone who says otherwise hasn't pushed a manual tranny car hard in gear 3, if u hv then u knw u can't get that heavenly feeling in auto

#TeamManual
aswearugaud!!! The pushing forward of Gear 3 is bliss!! smiley wink grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIN Tampering: A Case Study /Imgdump / Torrot: A Vehicle Made For Lagos Traffic / Samson Switchblade,World's 1st 2-Seater Flying Sports Car Goes On Sale Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.