Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo (600 Views)

Am Afraid... Buhari Is Winning... / Patience Jonathan In Oyo: If Buhari Wins, APC Will Jail Me / Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him — Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo by Emytexboy(m): 9:02am On Feb 15, 2015
http://thenationonlineng.net/new/
He plans to win by hook and by crook
•Vouches for APC candidate’s ability to deliver
•Counsels him to allay fears of those scared about his anti-corruption stance
•Service Chiefs should have resigned
The verdict came long and hard yesterday from former President Olusegun Obasanjo on the postponement of the elections, why they were shifted, and the two principal actors in the polity: President Goodluck Jonathan and his main challenger, General Muhammadu Buhari.
Gen. Obasanjo, just back home from a five nation trip, faulted the postponement of the elections on the ground that the military would be engaging the Boko Haram terror group in battle.
He declared point-blank that the service chiefs ought to have “gone home to rest” for promoting that course of action. He faulted this and said it was actually to buy time for President Jonathan.
According to him, President Jonathan habours a “sinister grand plan to win the March 28 Presidential election by hook and by crook,” and fears that Gen Buhari will jail him in the event that the APC candidate triumphs at the poll.
He spoke to reporters at his Hilltop Estate, Abeokuta, residence.
He advised President Jonathan against going the way of former President Laurent Gbagbo of Cote’d Voire who kept tinkering with elections dates in his country until he was humiliated out of office, and to be wary of those prodding him on because when the heat turns full blast, he would be left “naked and isolated.”
Obasanjo said the election postponement was a sad commentary on the nation’s democracy as was the role played by the security chiefs in the matter.
He wondered why Nigeria could not go ahead with the February elections when countries like Iraq and Colombia conducted successful polls in the midst of wars and turmoil.
The former Chairman, Board of Trustees (BoT) of the PDP was confident that Buhari would be able to “preside over an efficient and effective economic team” and “stabilise” the country once he wins the election.
But he asked him to first “allay the fears of some people who feel threatened” his by tough anti – corruption stance.
Such fear, he said, was partly responsible for the shift in poll instigated by those allegedly telling the President that “Buhari is a hard man who would fight corruption and he (Jonathan) will end in jail.”
His words: “While I was away, I refused to make any categorical statement on this issue because I wanted to come back home and learn at firsthand what actually transpired and what was going on, and it turned out to be a forced decision on the INEC because it was alleged that the Security Chiefsý were unable to provide security, and as a result the Chairman of INEC had to postpone, in accordance with the dictates of the so called Security Chiefs.
“I thought, for me, that was bad precedent for democracy in Nigeria. It meant it doesn’t matter what preparation or lack of preparation any electoral body could make in Nigeria. The final decision whether election will take place on the day scheduled for it lies in the domain of security. It is a sad day for democracy in Nigeria.
“I will say this: we must all feel concerned before democracy is killed. The observable and what would appear to be happening is that the president has a grand plan, a grand plan to ensure that by hook or by crook, he wins the election or if it all fails, he scuttles it and creates chaos, confusion and unpleasantness in the whole country.
“It is the duty and function and responsibility of the security officers to provide security. The President is the Chief Security Officer of the country and he is the Commander- in -Chief and if security is required anywhere, anytime, it is his duty to provide it. Failure to provide it is dereliction of duty. Pure and simple.
“Whether the President is following his own grand plan or his aides and associates are working a script, ýthey are playing a script which must have got his endorsement, if not initiated by him.
“What again, it looks to me that the Pre

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2015
There is no reason to jail him if he is clean (assuming GMB wins, which i hope he do).
Only those who have skeleton in their backyard need to prepare for their nemesis.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo by Emytexboy(m): 9:11am On Feb 15, 2015
[quote but GMB cant win nah undecided author=Qiewz11 post=30746197]There is no reason to jail him if he is clean (assuming GMB wins, which i hope he do).
Only those who have skeleton in their backyard need to prepare for their nemesis.[/quote]
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo by omenka(m): 9:29am On Feb 15, 2015
The events of the past few weeks bear very frightening resemblance to what happened in Ivory Coast a couple of years back and I believe if Jonathan continues along that trajectory, we will definitely wind up like Gbagbo, if not even worse.

Jonathan knows, and so do his associates, that he stands no chance of winning this election, the odds are even piling up against him with the extension. People that hitherto sat on the fence have, out of sheer anger over the postponement and in protest, decided to pitch tents with the progressives. More governors and fat cats within the ranks of PDP have started making moves towards the opposition soliciting a soft landing in an event Buhari gets into Aso Rock (which is very much likely), knowing how much the General abhors stealing from the public purse.

Jonathan is bound to hit the ground limping with this dangerous roulette he's decided to engage Nigeria in.
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2015
Who jail u?
Re: Jonathan Afraid Buhari Will Jail Him – Obasanjo by nwala85: 11:33am On Feb 15, 2015
OBJ is a big fool.

(1) (Reply)

. / PDP Faction Wants Jonathan Out As Candidate, As Party Faces Deepening Schisms / (mis)understanding The Buhari Factor By Michael Egbejumi-david

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.