Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,540 members, 7,861,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:39 PM

Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? (3514 Views)

Boko Haram Didn't Kidnap Chibok Girls, APC Used Them Against GEJ - Labour Party / APC Kicked Against GEJ For Sacking Yakubu, Former NNPC Boss (Pic) / Opposition Or Unpatriotism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by luvmijeje(f): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by ChinemeOkpan: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

What are you suggesting?

Put on your thinking cap and be honest.

The postponement was enforced on Nigerians and u know that.
If GEJ has been a good leader to all Nigerians, if he has tackled corruption effectively, he has nothing to fear from APC

1 Like

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by luvmijeje(f): 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

OBJ should quit playing god. He hardly does anything that's not designed for his ego.

His recent attacks on GEJ were repugnant, evil and selfish. He never allowed anyone the luxury to publicly attack his administration.

He should allow GEJ to do his job. Abeg!

Obasanjo is doing his job...... Tell your President that election must hold for the sake of this country.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 5:24pm On Feb 15, 2015
luvmijeje:

Obasanjo is doing his job...... Tell your President that election must hold for the sake of this country.

Dem never postpone elections for this nation before?
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 5:26pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

If GEJ has been a good leader to all Nigerians, if he has tackled corruption effectively, he has nothing to fear from APC

Yes. He may have influenced it. But the decision wasn't taken by him alone.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

And you think the only to handle corruption is to throw men in prisons?

Have you seen our current position on the Transparency Index website?
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by ChinemeOkpan: 5:41pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

Yes. He may have influenced it. But the decision wasn't taken by him alone.

First of all, let me commend u for your maturity and honesty.

Indeed, he influenced it and he used the heads of the military who have been compromised and corrupted by this administration to actualise the postponement.

U can sense the mood across the nation, they want change. All I want is a situation where leaders know that a second term is not a guarantee. If you dont perform, the people can and will vote you out

2 Likes

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by ChinemeOkpan: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

And you think the only to handle corruption is to throw men in prisons?

Have you seen our current position on the Transparency Index website?

No one is saying that he should jail everyone BUT please hold people accountable.

FFK is the president's campaign spokesman. GEJ government charged him to court for corruption but let him go after there was an agreement that he will work for them.

Diezani is still a minister despite all the accusations. The President told Wallstreet Journal yesterday that the video recording in Ekiti was false even when Fayose, Obanikoro and Adesiyan all agree the conversations took place. No investigations?

3 Likes

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

First of all, let me commend u for your maturity and honesty.

Indeed, he influenced it and he used the heads of the military who have been compromised and corrupted by this administration to actualise the postponement.

U can sense the mood across the nation, they want change. All I want is a situation where leaders know that a second term is not a guarantee. If you dont perform, the people can and will vote you out

The end of all this talks is that we should all have a nation we are proud to belong to.

Thanks for those kind words of yours.

Bro, GEJ is a politician, and so will do whatever is withing the confines of the law to achieve his ambitions. It's the duty of our lawmakers and institutions to checkmate him whenever he overshoots those limitations

In retrospect, the postponement was a shrewd decision.

Yes. We need some change. My Facebook timeline is awash with such calls. But I'm scared and mistrust these current broom wavers.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by 13regular: 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2015
ok
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by ChinemeOkpan: 6:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

The end of all this talks is that we should all have a nation we are proud to belong to.

Thanks for those kind words of yours.

Bro, GEJ is a politician, and so will do whatever is withing the confines of the law to achieve his ambitions. It's the duty of our lawmakers and institutions to checkmate him whenever he overshoots those limitations

In retrospect, the postponement was a shrewd decision.

Yes. We need some change. My Facebook timeline is awash with such calls. But I'm scared and mistrust these current broom wavers.

I agree with you but GEJ has had enough time to perform reasonably well.
In most aspects, he has under performed. I just want a situation where Politicians know they are accountable to voters. It will lead to the desired change eventually

1 Like

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 6:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

I agree with you but GEJ has had enough time to perform reasonably well.
In most aspects, he has under performed. I just want a situation where Politicians know they are accountable to voters. It will lead to the desired change eventually

But in mine eyes, he hasn't really done that poorly. He deserves a second chance. But that's if the majority of voters say so.

U may be supporting the APC out of a sincere heart, but these goons aren't in any way going to give us that change. It's bogus. It's fake.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by mycar: 6:12pm On Feb 15, 2015
ArchEnemy:
Are you defending PDP?
Ve you not seen the way they attack APC too?
They are on their own undecided
But Op, you are right. Why do they ve to debase themselves to the level of trying to 'pour sand in the other person's garri'??

To me, this is not about PDP, if they hated PDP much, they wouldn't have accepted those that cross carpeted. I think it's all about some bunch of politicians that want the condition of the nation to remain as it was, nothing more.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
mycar:

To me, this is not about PDP, if they hated PDP much, they would have accepted those that cross carpeted. I think it's all about some bunch of politicians that want the condition of the nation to remain as it was, nothing more.

Now, that's the point.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by ChinemeOkpan: 6:21pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

But in mine eyes, he hasn't really done that poorly. He deserves a second chance. But that's if the majority of voters say so.

U may be supporting the APC out of a sincere heart, but these goons aren't in any way going to give us that change. It's bogus. It's fake.

I dont think he has. The life of the avearge Nigerian has not improved.
Gej governed this country when International Oil prices were at its highest in decades, yet Government savings is at its lowest. Government spending skyrocketed mainly due to a lot of corruption and leakages in the system. He has done well in Agriculture but can we have any evidence that the sector is contributing any higher to GDP or foreign exchange earnings?

His government has made millionaires and billionaires out of some people but the majority of Nigerians are not better off. The current exchange rate is $1=N204, leading to inflation and economic hardship for Nigerians.

The educational sector is still bad or maybe worse. He built universities without thinking of improving quality of teaching or investing in IT infrastructure. We need change. When politicians know that Nigerians will not automatically vote for them, they will sit up and start working.

3 Likes

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Gej governed this country when International Oil prices were at its highest in decades, yet Government savings is at its lowest. Government spending skyrocketed mainly due to a lot of corruption and leakages in the system. He has done well in Agriculture but can we have any evidence that the sector is contributing any higher to GDP or foreign exchange earnings?

His government has made millionaires and billionaires out of some people but the majority of Nigerians are not better off. The current exchange rate is $1=N204, leading to inflation and economic hardship for Nigerians.

The educational sector is still bad or maybe worse. He built universities without thinking of improving quality of teaching or investing in IT infrastructure. We need change. When politicians know that Nigerians will not automatically vote for them, they will sit up and start working.

These ones are undeniable shaaaa

1 Like

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by mycar: 6:34pm On Feb 15, 2015
I wasn't bordered about who wins before but the way opposition is going about it clearly shows that all they want is power at the center and nothing more and I tell you, opposition will do worse than PDP if they capture power at the center as PDP doesn't have the kind of media propagandists the opposition has.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by ChinemeOkpan: 6:36pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

These ones are undeniable shaaaa

Thank you sir
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 6:39pm On Feb 15, 2015
mycar:
I wasn't bordered about who wins before but the way opposition is going about it clearly shows that all they want is power at the center and nothing more and I tell you, opposition will do worse than PDP if they capture power at the center as PDP doesn't have the kind of media propagandists the opposition has.

These are the sincere concerns we have. Their desperation is choking and daring. It's not about the interest of the average Nigerian.

I can bet my career on that.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by mycar: 6:49pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

How good is LASU, and other state owned universities under APC? you have to build the university first before you can employ the lecturers. First thing first, Nigerians are impatient. You complain of the lack of infrastructure, they purchase them, then you turn to complain of the fund. Btw, when last did you sleep at the filling waiting to buy a fuel with no hope of even getting it.

To me, let GEJ finish his tenure and we can test another person on a neutral ground, as for now, it is all about attack on an individual that is trying to get things right when he has the chance.

As for your IT infrastructure. What other infrastructure do you need when even a nursery school pupil know how operate a smart phone.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by mycar: 7:00pm On Feb 15, 2015
dein77:

These are the sincere concerns we have. Their desperation is choking and daring. It's not about the interest of the average Nigerian.

I can bet my career on that.
Yeah, I wasn't really bored since none of the candidates is what struggling to vote for but opposition is already acting as if they are already in power even before the election. Their children tormenting social media like virus. As for exchange rate, everything will fall in place after the election.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2015
mycar:

Yeah, I wasn't really bored since none of the candidates is what struggling to vote for but opposition is already acting as if they are already in power even before the election. Their children tormenting social media like virus. As for exchange rate, everything will fall in place after the election.

GBAM! !!!
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by vanunu: 7:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Visit any federal higher institutuon in nigeria before u make such spurious statement. There are indeed great transformation in vitually all federal colleges of education, polytechnics and universities in the country.
U people come here and talk what u do not know, it is on record that this govt has funded education more than any other govt in nigeria. Perhaps that explains why there has only been one strike action in federal universities in 4yrs unlike before when universities go on strike yearly.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by focus7: 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2015
You are so pathetic and disgusting. If jonathan has faced half of the attack and malicious scandals lunched at Buhari by Jonathan and his aids since the election began, by now Jonathan and the pdps would resulted into war, but between the two, Buhari has provem to be more tolerant and mature than Jonathan, while APC on the other has been more focus and issue driven than pdp. Talking of desperation, is not desperation that made pdp raised the issue of certificate against a General and former head state of Nigeria, is not desperation that made pdp!g pressurised Jega to postpone the election and is not desperation that made pdp!g to be begin to oppose the use of card reader? Op, you are juast seeking for undue attention.

1 Like

Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 8:04pm On Feb 15, 2015
vanunu:

Visit any federal higher institutuon in nigeria before u make such spurious statement. There are indeed great transformation in vitually all federal colleges of education, polytechnics and universities in the country.
U people come here and talk what u do not know, it is on record that this govt has funded education more than any other govt in nigeria. Perhaps that explains why there has only been one strike action in federal universities in 4yrs unlike before when universities go on strike yearly.

Thanks for this comment. I couldn't argue because I wasn't really armed the proper info.

But ur username ehhh!
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by dein77(m): 8:06pm On Feb 15, 2015
focus7:
You are so pathetic and disgusting. If jonathan has faced half of the attack and malicious scandals lunched at Buhari by Jonathan and his aids since the election began, by now Jonathan and the pdps would resulted into war, but between the two, Buhari has provem to be more tolerant and mature than Jonathan, while APC on the other has been more focus and issue driven than pdp. Talking of desperation, is not desperation that made pdp raised the issue of certificate against a General and former head state of Nigeria, is not desperation that made pdp!g pressurised Jega to postpone the election and is not desperation that made pdp!g to be begin to oppose the use of card reader? Op, you are juast seeking for undue attention.

You're even more pathetic and disgusting. You guys can't make a comment without insulting someone.

I don't seek validation from anyone. I have a very healthy self esteem.
Re: Is This An Opposition Or A Conspiracy Against GEJ? by themano: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Speak for yourself. My life has improve a hundred times during this GEJ administration.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OBASANJO SHUNS PDP, Jonathan Reconciliation Again! / Sahara Reporters:how To Remove Bukola Saraki From Office By The Nuclear Option / Breaking: 4yrs Old Children Joined The Free Nnamdi Kanu Protest-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.