Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,926 members, 7,952,728 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! (3332 Views)

Ex-president Shehu Shagari Being Helped By His Aides To Board A Plane (photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Returns To Nigeria Tomorrow / Shagari To Buhari: Quit Presidential race Now, Save Nigeria From Disintegration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by lacreamieboie(m): 12:47am On Feb 16, 2015
Below FULL TEXT OF LETTER FROM ALHAJI
SHEHU SHAGARI TO BUHARI.
My brother, you have contested the Presidential
elections 3 times in this country and in all these
times,you have never asked me or my people at
Shagari village to support your bid. It is very
obvious why you can’t do that. You don’t have
the courage after what you did to me.
You truncated democracy with a dastardly coup
and took away power from me. You humiliated
me and made me to suffer, and you took away
my opportunity to RULE Nigeria. You said you
do not want democracy in Nigeria.. The same
democracy you truncated, you are fighting hard
to get with desperation and diabolical power.
You have entered into unholy alliance with
some known elements of disunity in the south
but let me warn you.
You will suffer hard in the hands of Tinubu and
his political merchants who will use and dump
you as they did to Nuhu. In 2011, you cried
publicly when you lost election, and you made
provocative and inciting statements that
plunged this country into untoward unrest. You
provoked our hot-blooded youths with war
cries which erupted into post election violence,
that brought Boko Haram into existence, over
500 innocent Nigerians died instantly, most of
them youth corpers deployed from one of the
unifying agencies of this country. Personally, I
do not have a problem with your ambition.
It is your arrogance that bothers me. If you
cannot summon the courage to ask me and my
family to vote for you because you know we
would not, why do you think Nigerians would
look kindly on your past record of destroying a
progressing democratic institutions painfully
put in place by some respected fathers of this
nations like Awolowo and Azikiwe. No my
brother. It is time to wake up from your
delusion and do the needful if you still have
some conscience.
I am not writing this to you with vengeance
intention. I am a practicing Muslim and we leave
matters of vengeance to Allah. I write to you as
a Nigerian, your brother and a statesman who is
deeply concerned. Quit the presidential race
now and save this country from the dangling
sword of Damocles being menacingly wield by
the crooks who surround you. This elections is
not about you or President Goodluck Jonathan.
It is about the unity of Nigeria which can only
be assured by being fair. By this I mean, being
fair to the people of Niger Delta.
We can only do this by either re-electing
Goodluck or substitute him with any of his
kinsmen from the South-south as that can only
count fair for a people who are entitled to 8
years in the office of the President. For the
elders council in the north, we have come to the
conclusion to work towards realizing that
fairness. 4 years more is not eternity. It is not
too much of a concession for us to make to
move Nigeria forward as one indivisible and
united country under one God.
May Allah open your mind to see reason.
God bless Nigeria.
Alhaji Shehu Shagari (GCFR)

Source: www.africanopinion.com/nigeria-2015-polls-ex-president-shehu-shagari-ask-main-opposition-presidential-candidate-muhammadu-buhari-quit-race-now/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by mekadinho(f): 12:50am On Feb 16, 2015
BUHARI'S SINS HAUNTING HIM SINCE D 1984... PPLS SINS MUST LIVE WITH THEM, NOT AFTER. JUST LIKE BUHARI'S SINS JUST 'BALANCE' FOR HIM BED WITH HIM.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Tundenoni(m): 12:53am On Feb 16, 2015
anything wey wan happen, make e happen.....

anxiety has brought us to this state...
we can't continue to be romancing madness in this ccountry.
we can't waste another four years.four years is not four Months

we want Change,

I DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE THIS confused SHEHU HAS COLLECTED BRIBE,BECAUSE JONATHAN IS VERY GOOD IN ISSUING BRIBE

ONLY BUHARI CAN HELP US OUT

4 Likes

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by darksuit(m): 12:58am On Feb 16, 2015
A smart girl just told me that a poor man like buhari(you've always said he's sick or broke) cannot afford to sponsor the boko haram.
Now to this one, was d fuss about?
Itz his opinion
I'm not bothered bout it

Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Bekwarra(m): 1:16am On Feb 16, 2015
Oya moti book space. Buhari aye e ti ta.
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by lacreamieboie(m): 1:29am On Feb 16, 2015
I just hate this guy GMB!

This land is for sale!

Beware of 419 and Lalasticlala!
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Rapidx: 1:34am On Feb 16, 2015
FRONT PAGE PLEASE.
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Nobody: 2:06am On Feb 16, 2015
please shagari don't persuade him, allow him to be disgraced at the polls.
march out buhari 28

1 Like

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by calebbintus: 2:09am On Feb 16, 2015
Click like If U believe Fani Kayode has no political significance.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Tonylyte(m): 2:12am On Feb 16, 2015
Tundenoni:

we want Change,

I DO NOT WANT TO BELIEVE THIS confused SHEHU HAS COLLECTED BRIBE,BECAUSE JONATHAN IS VERY GOOD IN ISSUING BRIBE

Clown! Your boss, buhari truncated democracy, now he wants to benefit from the same plat form, where are his morals?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by KanwuliaJara: 2:13am On Feb 16, 2015
Shehi mi?
Nor maihn the 'old goat'!
He wan fight 'kwarupshin'. . . .yet the bloody coup-plotter is being financed by main DRUG PUSSHERZ from Lagos and Niger States!
Lef am!
4th-time loza is even sweetest. . . .LOZA TO THE GRAVE!!!!

MUCHECHECHECHECHECHEHE cheesy
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by kodded(m): 2:43am On Feb 16, 2015
darksuit:
A smart girl just told me that a poor man like buhari(you've always said he's sick or broke) cannot afford to sponsor the boko haram.
Itz his opinion
I'm not bothered bout it

Sai Buhari
but his wife donated 135 million for drugs

that your story no commot road abeg

3 Likes

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Nobody: 2:49am On Feb 16, 2015
[s]
lacreamieboie:
Below FULL TEXT OF LETTER FROM ALHAJI
SHEHU SHAGARI TO BUHARI.
My brother, you have contested the Presidential
elections 3 times in this country and in all these
times,you have never asked me or my people at
Shagari village to support your bid. It is very
obvious why you can’t do that. You don’t have
the courage after what you did to me.
You truncated democracy with a dastardly coup
and took away power from me. You humiliated
me and made me to suffer, and you took away
my opportunity to RULE Nigeria. You said you
do not want democracy in Nigeria.. The same
democracy you truncated, you are fighting hard
to get with desperation and diabolical power.
You have entered into unholy alliance with
some known elements of disunity in the south
but let me warn you.
You will suffer hard in the hands of Tinubu and
his political merchants who will use and dump
you as they did to Nuhu. In 2011, you cried
publicly when you lost election, and you made
provocative and inciting statements that
plunged this country into untoward unrest. You
provoked our hot-blooded youths with war
cries which erupted into post election violence,
that brought Boko Haram into existence, over
500 innocent Nigerians died instantly, most of
them youth corpers deployed from one of the
unifying agencies of this country. Personally, I
do not have a problem with your ambition.
It is your arrogance that bothers me. If you
cannot summon the courage to ask me and my
family to vote for you because you know we
would not, why do you think Nigerians would
look kindly on your past record of destroying a
progressing democratic institutions painfully
put in place by some respected fathers of this
nations like Awolowo and Azikiwe. No my
brother. It is time to wake up from your
delusion and do the needful if you still have
some conscience.
I am not writing this to you with vengeance
intention. I am a practicing Muslim and we leave
matters of vengeance to Allah. I write to you as
a Nigerian, your brother and a statesman who is
deeply concerned. Quit the presidential race
now and save this country from the dangling
sword of Damocles being menacingly wield by
the crooks who surround you. This elections is
not about you or President Goodluck Jonathan.
It is about the unity of Nigeria which can only
be assured by being fair. By this I mean, being
fair to the people of Niger Delta.
We can only do this by either re-electing
Goodluck or substitute him with any of his
kinsmen from the South-south as that can only
count fair for a people who are entitled to 8
years in the office of the President. For the
elders council in the north, we have come to the
conclusion to work towards realizing that
fairness. 4 years more is not eternity. It is not
too much of a concession for us to make to
move Nigeria forward as one indivisible and
united country under one God.
May Allah open your mind to see reason.
God bless Nigeria.
Alhaji Shehu Shagari (GCFR)

Source: www.africanopinion.com/nigeria-2015-polls-ex-president-shehu-shagari-ask-main-opposition-presidential-candidate-muhammadu-buhari-quit-race-now/
[/s]

LIE! Shagari never said anything like that. Shagari and his family already warned you TANoids to stop dropping his name into political conversation. This is the same way TANoids claimed Soyinka endorsed Jonathan which turned out to be big lie.

Below is what Shagari said:

2 Likes

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Chienex24(m): 2:51am On Feb 16, 2015
I saw this coming
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by marv1: 3:16am On Feb 16, 2015
This guy is still living in the past. U better wake up. Where is written in the constitution that it must be eight yrs for each man. Why didnt he suggest it when yaradua died that a northerner should complete his term. This is who they call elder statesman?. Mtsww. Shagari and his village should better forget their pvc in the village. Period
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by darksuit(m): 6:34am On Feb 16, 2015
kodded:

but his wife donated 135 million for drugs

that your story no commot road abeg

Dem tell u say na 135 million dey sponsor boko haram, or if person donate money it was all from their pocket?

smh
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 16, 2015
I think he should be allowed to contest, the shame will be too much for him to bear when he fails again.
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 16, 2015
grin grin grin propaganda everywhere
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Vicotex(m): 6:58am On Feb 16, 2015
Make all these almajiri men go commit suicide.

GEJTILL 2019
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by petrov10: 7:47am On Feb 16, 2015
Nice one sir

Gej all the way
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by petrov10: 7:49am On Feb 16, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

LIE! Shagari never said anything like that. Shagari and his family already warned you TANoids to stop dropping his name into political conversation. This is the same way TANoids claimed Soyinka endorsed Jonathan which turned out to be big lie.

jganjaweeids decieving themselves since 10000 bc
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by idupaul: 7:54am On Feb 16, 2015
A poorly written letter, I doubt it was written by Shagari
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by simpleseyi: 8:08am On Feb 16, 2015
Shehu Shagari does not want history to repeat itself on his family. Buhari put Shehu Shagari in house arrest in 1984. Now, Shehu Shagari's son named Muktar Shehu Shagari has been in Jonathan's government for several years embezzling and looting the treasury together with chief looter called Jonathan, do you want Buhari to jail Shagari's son again. Haba make na too fear God nah. So, I understand Shehu Shagari's predicament. But, it is rather too late Muktar Shehu Shagari who is the ex-president Shehu Shagari's son is just on his way to prison because Bhari has already won March 28 presidential election, Buhari is just waiting for the swearing-in, thereafter, Muktar Shehu Shagari and other looters will be heading to jail. Like father, like son. May bad history not repeat itself in any of our families, Amen.
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by kodded(m): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2015
darksuit:

Dem tell u say na 135 million dey sponsor boko haram, or if person donate money it was all from their pocket?

smh
next time read before you post trash

i just counter what you said and you have divert it to another topic ok let me remind you of what you said

"A smart girl just told me that a poor man like buhari(you've always said he's sick or broke) cannot afford to sponsor the boko haram.
Itz his opinion
I'm not bothered bout it".........................

so poor and broke person don dey donate 135 millions to drug ?
or what am i missing here

the yeye man lied that he borrowed money to buy his presidential form
but how come his wife could donate such money to charity ?
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by dazdilijae(m): 8:46am On Feb 16, 2015
darksuit:
Itz his opinion
I'm not bothered bout it

Sai Buhari

Buhari said he was broke and borrowed money from the bank 2 buy his electoral form but his wife donates N130million 2 IDP? The truth can nt b covered up 4 long soon he wld cry again
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by lacreamieboie(m): 9:09am On Feb 16, 2015
sincerenigerian:
[s][/s]

and did u read about GEJ's endorsement in this letter? What's wrong with your processor
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by darksuit(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2015
kodded:

next time read before you post trash

i just counter what you said and you have divert it to another topic ok let me remind you of what you said

"A smart girl just told me that a poor man like buhari(you've always said he's sick or broke) cannot afford to sponsor the boko haram.
Itz his opinion
I'm not bothered bout it".........................

so poor and broke person don dey donate 135 millions to drug ?
or what am i missing here

the yeye man lied that he borrowed money to buy his presidential form
but how come his wife could donate such money to charity ?

Ok thanks
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by darksuit(m): 9:18am On Feb 16, 2015
dazdilijae:

Buhari said he was broke and borrowed money from the bank 2 buy his electoral form but his wife donates N130million 2 IDP? The truth can nt b covered up 4 long soon he wld cry again
Ok thanks
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by MrEverest(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2015
This a real elder statesman speaking, not some like that corrupt, incestuous holier than thou attitude of a man suffering from diarrhea of the mouth. Thanks Alhaji Shagari.
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by sambisa5: 10:07am On Feb 16, 2015
Tundenoni:

we want Change,

you think so??well obasanjo is fully behind him....check out,,,,,this pics ,,,,,,,is that him

Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by Dannyset(m): 10:26am On Feb 16, 2015
When u see source like dis one, ur brain shld come to terms that its one of the TANoids blog to cook up lies. Newspapers won't carry news like dis because it isn't real.
Go tru the cook up tory and see how shallow the concocted content is. But don't be surprise if u see this on the FP.
Re: Ex-president Shehu Shagari Ask Muhammadu Buhari To Quit Race-now! by WisdomFlakes: 10:36am On Feb 16, 2015
The article is FAKE. Mods Alert! Mods, pls do the needful and pull down this fake article. Thenx.

(1) (2) (Reply)

i am a winner / Funny Pro-Election Quotes By APC And PDP Supporters / Exposed!! Femi Falana Revealed As Behind Fueling 19 APC Lawmakers Against Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.