Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,544 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth (296340 Views)

Top 10 Richest Yoruba Actor And Actress And Their Net Worth 2017 / Hilarious! Nigerian Musicians And The Kind Of Students They Would Have Been / The Richest Nigerian Musicians And Their Net Worth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by unuane1(m): 1:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
wow see money

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by yahayaunity: 1:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
OMG this no Bi small thing o. what am waiting for. Music Industry here I come.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Freiburger(m): 1:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
We all know thare is a boom in the Nigerian industry at moment, but does that account for these figures?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by revolt(m): 1:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
This is outright poo. what are these people singing to earn this much?

Imagine yemi alade is worth N820 million? How many albums and endorsements does she have?

Some blogger just sit at home and start writhing rubbish. what parameters did you take to arrive at this?

Most of their lifestyle your see on tv(which you used in creating this) is sooo fake. Someone passes some advert audition, get paid 100k and start ranting on Twitter he's just got endorsed with 200million!!

Any sha:
Working on my album
join you guys soon!!
ppl tht cnt even pay 30k for studio session suddenly have networths running into billions.... Useless bloggers always tlkn rubbish.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by lawrenzez(m): 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
girl4rmspace:

why would u think psquare dsnt invest as well? How ar u so sure they dnt hav business of their own? Do u realise 2face has a huge family to feed?......and psquare has been making money 4rm music when wizkid was still in junior sec skul so i dnt knw why u brought dat up........look @ d kinda cars some random artiste buy jst 2 show off and u wud know why psquare should b over dat 500mil amount....anybody remember their etisalat 240milla endorsment deal??
don't knw abt p-square tho, but I knw dat all dez celebs live fake lifestyle cus of wat ya'l will say abt dem....remember dat albums dnt sell anymore cus I was jst watching BET d other day n rapper/musician were complaing n blaming souljaboy 4 showing people how to download songs 4 free...it is so in naij, I can't remember wen last I bought an album cd likewise millions of people in naij, u inclusive. How much do they really pay them for shows and how many of dem really go on shows like dat (talking abt yemi alade n patoranking)...the fact here is dat if dis overhyped money was as easy as they potray it, nigeria gdp wld av improved

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by colored(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
messpero90:
is dis d same musicians that were ashame to gv their 100 thousands naira to a producer dat was sick bcaus its 2 small? or d onces endorsing politicians like hungry beggers just 2 put food on their table? or d ones still living in a rented apartment? or d ones posting oda people's cars as theirs on social networks? or d ones dat dnt even own a charity foundation? pls op d richest musician in africa is nt even worth 500 million naira.
you talking bullshiit. psquare bought two mansions in Atlanta worth 2million dollars, square ville in Lagos is worth 5 million dollars. now do the math and tell me if that doesn't push their net worth past 500mill naira. dumbass
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by kelvinnn(m): 2:00pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Athanatos(m): 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
Fulaman198:
I've never cared much for celebrities, what have they done to make the nation a better place for man and womankind alike?
What have you done to make Naija a better place?

Human beings ehn!

My 2 kobo abeg.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Bre(f): 2:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
MiCarino:
Absolute rubbish...the blogger that composed this list must have been smoking a big pile of shiit...

I don't even want to start writing things here, it'll be a complete waste of time and energy.

Yemi Alade, Chidinma, Phyno, Patoranking, Flavour? infact 80% the artists on that list are not worth quarter of the ridiculous figures quoted up there. And who says the number of youtube views you have translate into net worth?

And even ranking don jazzy, and most ridiculously Flavour's worth above d'banj is just preposterous. I also smell a whole bunch of ethnic bias in this stupid write up, the writer is obviously Ibo.

And you're obviously Yoruba.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
Its not about having 50 endorsements, how much are they worth? Just one endorsement could be higher than 50 endorsements. P Sqaure are richer than D Banj. By their investments you will know, P Sqaure goes to show more than D Banj and Tuface combined and charge higher than them combined

d'banj's beats by dre deal is worth more than every kobo p-square has earned from their various shows. d'banj's brand is far global than p-square. you dunno what you are talking about.

girl4rmspace:

lets see... Kanu is far richer than dbanj...same wit okocha..jst 2 name a few....and in music psquare is....u seem 2 4get abt d etisalat 240million mega deal psquare had....and the kinda amount dey command 4 shows and all...as well as massive album sales all over africa .

240 million?
d'banj had more than that before he left the UK for nigeria in 2004 circa. was d'banj not a glo ambassador twice? how much is N240 million?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by girl4rmspace(f): 2:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
MiCarino:

Nothing, e fine grin grin
ok....phanks
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Bre(f): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
shaboti:
These yoruba dogs have started shouting igbo igbo again. So if psquare and flavour are richer than dbanj and badoo na igbo cause am abi?

Thunder fire una dirty mouths

I do not like tribalism in any shape or form towards ANY tribe but I am sick and tired of this nonsense trend I have noticed on NL. I am here reading this post thinking about how ridiculous these numbers are like everyone else, then some random e-diot types rubbish about Igbos!! How can?! It shows the level of tribalistic and errant venom rushing through their veins that this is what they think about in even the most RANDOM article!! If aything, it highlights a deeper inferiority complex within those commenters.

What upsets me the most it that the mods are slowest in removing these tribalistic comments aimed at Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by girl4rmspace(f): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

d'banj's beats by dre deal is worth more than every kobo p-square has earned from their various shows. d'banj's brand is far global than p-square. you dunno what you are talking about.

240 million?
d'banj had more than that before he left the UK for nigeria in 2004 circa. was d'banj not a glo ambassador twice? how much is N240 million?
dude dbanj isnt richer than psquare...we ar just fans we dnt know their worth...but every list av checked online puts psquare ahead of dbanj...so i wont argue wit u no more
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nakarey(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
@op ur big fat a** there!!!
So u think say everybody wey dey NL still dey wear pampers abi U just come here dey lie anyhow.
All d figures u quote there are all trash...take time oo
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by UncleJudax(m): 2:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
qadeerkug:
i do respect sire buh does guys"patoranking nd yemi alade get money dat u could not blieve""dere albums is selling expecily dat"girli o"of patoranking ft tiwa,nd yemi alade own"Johnny"
Which album?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
girl4rmspace:

dude dbanj isnt richer than psquare...we ar just fans we dnt know their worth...but every list av checked online puts psquare ahead of dbanj...so i wont argue wit u no more

he's 6 times richer than p-square.
they don't have his brand. if you know what it means to be the only african ambassador to sell apple's beats by dre product in africa then you would begin to understand.

the gold design was exclusively made for d'banj in africa. it was d'banj that told apple that gold symbolises success in africa & his name is written on every product of that gold version. you think this is loya milk endorsement or indomie noodles? abeg, park well. p-square twins are praying to be where d'banj is at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Flawlessangel(m): 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

240 million?
i cant bliv u just asked '' what is N240million?.....has ur generation ever had such an amount b4? and girl4rmspace is right, psquare is obviously richer than dbanj. Isnt this dsame dbanj who is owing debt here and there? Or is ther anoda dbanj u know of that i dont?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
How much is the dre deal? Do you know that PSquare has an endorsement with beer coy in one of the African country? Do know that Psquare has a house at Park view estate at Ikoyi? Do you know that has a hotel and water bottling plant at Jos? Do p square has an estate at Portharcourt? I don't need to argue with you further, why do think Lola was struggling to marry Peter by all means?
coogar:

240 million?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
Bre:

And you're obviously Yoruba.

Yup! A Yoruba boy devoid of baseless sentiment and ethnic frivolity. Objective and extremely rational.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Flawlessangel(m): 2:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

he's 6 times richer than p-square.
they don't have his brand. if you know what it means to be the only african ambassador to sell apple's beats by dre product in africa then you would begin to understand.

the gold design was exclusively made for d'banj in africa. it was d'banj that told apple that gold symbolises success in africa & his name is written on every product of that gold version. you think this is loya milk endorsement or indomie noodles? abeg, park well. p-square twins are praying to be where d'banj is at the moment.
stop writing bullshit....psquare is more successful than dbanj musically or otherwise, they also have 2wice as much fans as dbanj, if anything, the youtube videos alone speaks volume, over the years, psquare has been d most consisitent artiste in nigeria possibly africa.....did u see psquare shows where fans were fainting? Who has fainted cos of dbanj? Stop typing bull crap if u dnt knw d details of deals like...dis......ok lemme ask u.....how much was dbanj payed for being an ambassador for beats by dre?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 2:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
Flawlessangel:

i cant bliv u just asked '' what is N240million?.....has ur generation ever had such an amount b4? and girl4rmspace is right, psquare is obviously richer than dbanj. Isnt this dsame dbanj who is owing debt here and there? Or is ther anoda dbanj u know of that i dont?

how much is N240 million?
if your generation cannot touch that then blame your ancestors for leading a pathetic life. d'banj had close to £2m pounds in cash before he decided to take his music to nigeria.

this was why he landed in nigeria with his own record label, his own studio, etc. he was never at the mercy of anyone when he released his first album.....unlike 2face/p-square etc.

CaptainOjemba:
How much is the dre deal? Do you know that PSquare has an endorsement with beer coy in one of the African country? Do know that Psquare has a house at Park view estate at Ikoyi? Do you know that has a hotel and water bottling plant at Jos? Do p square has an estate at Portharcourt? I don't need to argue with you further, why do think Lola was struggling to marry Peter by all means?

we are talking apple, you are talking beer company in an african country. you are very shallow-minded.

lola struggled to marry peter cos that's her babyfather. lola was an oil company executive when p-square boys were still struggling to earn a living. why are you sounding like she's a gold digger. if anything, it's the p-square twins that must have used her money to make music videos back in the days.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
Flawlessangel:

stop writing bullshit....psquare is more successful than dbanj musically or otherwise, they also have 2wice as much fans as dbanj, if anything, the youtube videos alone speaks volume, over the years, psquare has been d most consisitent artiste in nigeria possibly africa.....d

talent-wise.....d'banj is a lilliput to almost any music artiste in nigeria. he cannot sing but he's an entertainer. money-wise, no nigerian artiste comes close. do you know how many weeks oliver twist stayed in the charts in europe?

id u see psquare shows where fans were fainting? Who has fainted cos of dbanj? Stop typing bull crap if u dnt knw d details of deals like...dis......ok lemme ask u.....how much was dbanj payed for being an ambassador for beats by dre?

so fainting translates to money? grin
how many of those people fainting took money out of their pockets to buy the albums? isn't it piracy & downloading from illegal music sites as usual in africa?

we are talking money & you are talking about fans that fainted. d'banj is a global brand. he's the only artiste in nigeria that can win a grammy. all the others aren't doing anything to push it to the next level. they just want to enjoy being local champions.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by solayd(m): 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Good for them, hope they pay thire tax base on these net worth?
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by prelinctus: 2:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
@coogar, lola was a golddigger jor. You do realise she's way older than Peter.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by buggaboo: 2:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
If the N in this post actually means Naira, this OP deserves a ban.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
prelinctus:
@coogar, lola was a golddigger jor. You do realise she's way older than Peter.

her father is super-rich.
she was running her father's oil & gas company before she met peter. she was an executive director back then when p-square boys was still doing choreography under the hot sun to earn a living. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Flawlessangel(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

if your generation cannot touch that then blame your ancestors for leading a pathetic life. d'banj had close to £2m pounds in cash before he decided to take his music to nigeria.

this was why he landed in nigeria with his own record label, his own studio, etc. he was never at the mercy of anyone when he released his first album.....unlike 2face/p-square etc.

we are talking apple, you are talking beer company in an african country. you are very shallow-minded.

lola struggled to marry peter cos that's her babyfather. lola was an oil company executive when p-square boys were still struggling to earn a living. why are you sounding like she's a gold digger. if anything, it's the p-square twins that must have used her money to make music videos back in the days.
am a fan of apple as much as d next guy but dat deal alone cannot make db richer than psquare, especially when u dnt even know d amount involved . And b4 dat deal psquare was widely regarded as the richest in nigeria by a huge margin....dbanj music career has gone downhill, tuface obviously has lots of mouth to feed.....which leaves psquare easily number one.....psquare also commands more money per show than any nigerian artiste and has investment all over the country besides music, and jst when i thought dbanj is easily d 2nd, it turns out that he's owing some company.....which means he actually needed to borrow money to sort/set up a business....which means he's not as rich as we bliv, especially since he hasnt denied any claims, dude i know u are a dbanj fan and d truth is bitter but accept it, psquare and dbanj no b mate again, psquare are more talented, better singers, better performers, more successful, more fans, better music and has more hit songs. In other words, THEY ARE FARRR RICHER THAN BROKEBANJ
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Sultanchidi(m): 2:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
OP u dey lie oh infact from today ur name na Lienus Eliejah liebry . Where u c d list u know wetin b 1 billion imagine some artists of yesterday worth more dan 500m.
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
coogar:

your Dbanj that is still a tenant or another D banj? D banj that was a security man in uk before he relocated together with Don Jazzy? Go and search for videos of interviews of his humble beginning, I know Lola owns CAPITAL OIL, She also bankrolled P Square music before they came to limelight. She rented their first house and also fed them, gave them their first car and also built the OMOLE mansion, Park View mansion, Jos Mansion, their village house and their estate in PH.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by twerkjack: 2:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
Isaacmacdon:
Are u doubting?? In Nigeria music pays big time.... all d money a banker wud make in ten years ,a musician will do dat in two years highest.... Not to talk of footballers... so u know... dats y every Nigerian wants to become a musician... I was startled by m.I's own.... dats d music industry for u..
IS DAT SO?? OYA SOMEBODY PLS GIMME PATORANKINGS NUMBER! I WANT TO ACCEPT HIS MARRIAGE PROPOSAL THAT I REJECTED BACK IN THE DAYS WHEN HE WAS STILL SELLING RAT POISON grin
Re: Nigeria's Top 20 Richest Musicians And Their Net Worth by coogar: 2:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
Flawlessangel:

am a fan of apple as much as d next guy but dat deal alone cannot make db richer than psquare, especially when u dnt even know d amount involved . And b4 dat deal psquare was widely regarded as the richest in nigeria by a huge margin....dbanj music career has gone downhill, tuface obviously has lots of mouth to feed.....

what has his music career gotta do with the business side of things? was 50 cent the best rapper in the world when coca cola made him the richest rapper in 2007? was dre the best rapper when apple made him a billionaire last year?

i already told you d'banj is not even 10% as talented as the p-square twins but that's not the issue here. we are talking about their income & their brand. focus on the brand, leave the talent or the number of mouths to feed out of it.

which leaves psquare easily number one.....psquare also commands more money per show than any nigerian artiste and has investment all over the country besides music, and jst when i thought dbanj is easily d 2nd, it turns out that he's owing some company

d'banj owes a company?
which company? you nigerians make ms laugh. grin grin you believe rumours than the gospel.

.....which means he actually needed to borrow money to sort/set up a business....which means he's not as rich as we bliv, especially since he hasnt denied any claims, dude i know u are a dbanj fan and d truth is bitter but accept it, psquare and dbanj no b mate again, psquare are more talented, better singers, better performers, more successful, more fans, better music and has more hit songs. In other words, THEY ARE FARRR RICHER THAN BROKEBANJ

i am not even a fan of any of them. i only listen to rap music. the facts are what we are addressing here and d'banj's endorsements tower over any artiste in africa. even though he cannot sing, he's the one people are paying to see.

his "top of the world" music was used as ACN theme. one of his tracks "bother you" was also used as a sound track on chimamanda's half of the yellow sun movie. talent doesn't necessary translates to money - the brand is the key. kim kardashian has no talent see where that has got her. don't let d'banj's hatred becloud your senses.

he's the #1 in nigeria.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Before And After Plastic Surgery And Implants(pictures) / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? / Nollywood Actors And Their Wives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.