Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,291 members, 7,839,437 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train (31447 Views)

Kano Bound Train Derails In Osogbo (Photos) / Minna-Bound Train Derailed In Jebba, 2 Die, I'm Among The Survivors / Lagos-Bound Train From Ogun Hits Truck (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by manutdadex(m): 8:21pm On Feb 16, 2015
Badgers14:
Do people sit on those trains or are they cargo trains

I cannot accept the saying half bread is better than none why ? Because Nigeria can do better than this.

Check how much was spent on these projects you could buy modern , high class train.but again, since stealing is not corruption, some dump ass somewhere, received the contract for this project, pocket half off it, and bought this piece of $hit.

We can't we Nigerians enjoy our resources If we get those trains we see on TV , na crime angry even Ethiopia have better trains than this junk
apc fan i gess...a child cant start walkin d day he or she was given birth to....d likes of obasanjo shud rot in jail...if and only if obasanjo has done half of it...it wil av been easier to move to modern trains...u dey complain abt money? Come lagos 8 yrs train even d track never finish! Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by lee007(m): 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nothing about the current administration sickens me more than the shameless displace of 1930's locomotive engines and coaches that you only find in Museums in countries that know what they are doing.

Nigerians must be so 'good deprived' to appreciate these nonsense, when Japan built their first bullet trains in the 1960s, we are still being 'lured in the room' with locomotives in 2015.

I have had the privilege of riding in some of the the best light and long range rail systems around the world and I know there is NOTHING special about the engineering beyond laying solid tracks(underground, on the ground on over land), powering it with stable electricity and regular maintenance. So why on earth are we all celebrating mediocrity. They all drive in 2016 cars and giving us 1930 trains and we are celebrating.

Something is indeed wrong with us Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:

and which of these Did buhari do during his time as the head of state?
how many schools Did buhari build talk more of improving the standard of education ?
what about our electricity ?
how many railways or trains Did he renovate /build during his time and after ?

Buhari was not able to do much because Nigeria was broke during his time(thanks to Shagari and co).....and oil prices had fallen.

GEJ has been able to do something because of high oil prices ..

The railways were working during Buhari's time....the downfall started during IBB's time.

(And in case you are wondering....I am not a Buhari fan, or a PDP fan).
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by okangaeze: 8:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
I traveled from minna to kaduna at 300 naira , believe me Gejs critics has lost touch with realities. He is an achiver. wink

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by layway(m): 8:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
Calabar people say if u wan chop fish chop fish. If dem wan develop rail transportation, mak dem use d modern trains and rail stations no be to come d build Wetin others don upgrade from. Point is they can do better use modern stuffs and stop goin 4 d cheap and outdated ones Nigeria don grow pass dat level
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by okangaeze: 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Buhari was not able to do much because Nigeria was broke during his time(thanks to Shagari and co).....and oil prices had fallen.

The railways were working during Buhari's time....the downfall started during IBB's time.

... Idontbeliveit. You sounds buhari
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
RichDad1:
Here in France, this is what a train looks like.

And before some sons and daughters of anger label me a Hater, Y'all needs to move out of your cesspit holes and experience civilization. tongue tongue tongue tongue

talking nonsense!
most of the trains in the U.S don't even have cushion seats talk more of a canteen . all they have is a bench, a pole and a lot of hand belts for people who are standing to hold on to. Ac no even dey inside am sef.

so before you come here to write more rubbish about what you don't know, take your own advice and travel out and see what happens in your so called civilized society.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Desola(f): 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
This train should be condemned to 1824 where it belongs.

Looks like those trains you see in those old Indian films.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by nagoma(m): 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
Yar'adua tried by signing the rail contract before his demise.

The current corrupt PDP leadership would have pocketed the money.
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nature129:
The train has 2 classes: Ordinary class and first class. At Enugu Station, the best station in the route, on a first class train, they charge #1,050 and ordinary class is #650 to PH. Buses charge #1,900 from Enugu to PH.

Also, the buses take approx. 4hrs to get to PH form Enugu but trains take approx. 6hrs because of many stops at stations in the route: Nome, Afikpo, Umuahia, Aba, etc.

Travelling on trains is fun and convenient but it's not advisable when you have something urgent to attend to. I travelled from Enugu to PH on that train. You guys should go check it out.

I traveled from ABA to Ovim on that train too, first class tho and it was very comfy, Ac blow sotee some women come dey complain make them lower am. tried their canteen... indomie and 2 eggs sure pass with black bullet!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by RichDad1(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:

talking nonsense!
most of the trains in the U.S don't even have cushion seats talk more of a canteen . all they have is a bench, a pole and a lot of hand belts for people who are standing to hold on to. Ac no even dey inside am sef.

so before you come here to write more rubbish about what you don't know, take your own advice and travel out and see what happens in your so called civilized society.
Bros, you mean there are locomotive trains in the Ol US of A? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked adonbelieveit
I don't know which US you're talking about but what is obtainable in the US of A is no where comparable to the mediocrity been celebrated by GEJ and his cohorts in Nigeria. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Anything that worth doing worth doing well.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 16, 2015
okangaeze:
... Idontbeliveit. You sounds buhari

Actually, I am not a fan of Buhari for the simple reason that he has already run this country....and thus others should step in. I opposed Obasanjo for the same reasons.

PDP....I oppose them largely for not doing the needful and getting our economy off oil. Now we are in a dire state with the fall in oil prices...and we are set to see a repeat of the 1980's.

Yes...there are Nigerians who do not like either PDP or APC.

And my original comment about Buhari was right. When you run an oil dependent economy....like Shagari did in the 80's....you set yourself up for a lot of pain when the prices come down(the oil price crashed in 1982...a year before Buhari entered power.).

As this article puts it....

The boom in the oil and non-traded goods sector increases the demand for imported goods. This may not be a problem in the short-term so long as the country has enough foreign exchange to pay for the imports. The depression in the non-oil export sector and the boom in the other two sectors have medium to long term implications for the economy because the oil windfall will not be permanent given the volatility, unpredictability and exhaustibility of crude oil. For instance, if there is a decline in oil prices and oil revenue, the lagging and collapsing non-oil export sector will not be able to compensate for the drop in oil revenue while domestic demand for the non-traded goods and imports remain sticky. Consequently, the country will be forced to borrow from the international financial market to compensate for the decline in oil revenue. Over time, external debts will increase and so will the debt service obligations. Even when oil prices go up later and there is another round of oil windfall, it is difficult to correct the earlier damage or distortions created by the initial or previous oil windfall. In some cases, the oil exporting country may be forced to adopt some form of structural adjustment program (SAP) to correct such distortions or imbalances. Some of these SAPs are painful and may increase the prevalence, depth and severity of poverty.

Note the bolded....and note what happened in Nigeria from 1983-87. In fairness to Buhari...he tried to reduce our debt burden by preventing us from entering into new debts (which was partly why Lagos Metro was cancelled).But...things were bad...and by 1987....SAP was King.

Of course....Buhari while being good at austerity was bad at getting Nigeria off oil. And even now....he has no new ideas for Nigeria...other than get us more dependent on oil, and spend money on projects that we can no longer fund.

That's why I do not like PDP or APC. They do not have an answer for our real problem....oil dependency.(And agric is not going to save us...because the bulk of farming in this country is done by manual methods. Big agric exporters have a large number of plantations....or mechanized farming. Nigeria has neither).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by lastpage: 8:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
Desteenee:
Fresh Air everywhere! Yet my learned APC supporters have refused to see this.
GEJ may not have charisma, good oratory,will power to sanction corrupt persons( the last I detest), but he is blessed with among others with great vision. His policies and programmes are people oriented and[b] not elitist like uncle Fash's[/b].
Keep doing it GEJ, we who are with you are more than those who are against thee.
GEJ till 2023 3035.
grin grin

Cheesux Christ!
How can dolts inflict amnesia on themselves?

So that Blue and White picture of just ANY TRAIN, ....taken ANYWHERE now represents GEJ's "phantom" TRAIN? shocked shocked shocked

I thought the "dead locomotives" they showed us as GEJ's trains where painted with colors of the NAtional Flag (Green and White)!

Did GEJ REPAINT the Trains (sorry, this particular one) to Blue and White? grin grin

Hmmm.... Yiibo people perishing for lack of knowledge and Hypocrisy since 1963!

I never knew such stewpidity was genetically hereditary! Alaigbo, ...lost beyond the point of No -Return!
tongue tongue

Lastpage!

BTW: See more of GEJ's TRAINS below, as they carry people from South Africa to North Korea! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
Badgers14:
Do people sit on those trains or are they cargo trains

I cannot accept the saying half bread is better than none why ? Because Nigeria can do better than this.

Check how much was spent on these projects you could buy modern , high class train.but again, since stealing is not corruption, some dump ass somewhere, received the contract for this project, pocket half off it, and bought this piece of $hit.

We can't we Nigerians enjoy our resources If we get those trains we see on TV , na crime angry even Ethiopia have better trains than this junk
ewu Gambia! junks don't come with a factory fitted AC, canteen and such comfy as these.

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
amanze15:
The way we celebrate mediocrity in this country is amazing grin how much would it cost to run a 420km/h train from kano to lagos or ilorin to calabar, this country angry
[size=18pt]
Its very saddening..... Maybe if people were enlightened enough, they will know that we shouldn't be here..... Nigeria is a terrible country abdand the people are slaves suffering but yet don't know. I pray many of you GEJ supporters get the opportunity to visit other African countries nd western ones to fully realise how backwards we are.... pathetic![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Winning123: 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
This is a disgrace and a slap on our intelligence. You don't even find such trains in SA.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by lastpage: 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:
ewu Gambia! junks don't come with a factory fitted AC, canteen and such comfy as these.

No wonder it is just TWO SaTANOIDS that were on thatTrain to Hell! grin grin grin

BTW: When has it become "standard" to use a Buhari regime that was less than two years in office (August 83 to Dec 85), to compare a Jonathan that has been in office since 2009 (six years now) especially when Oil was trading at record-high prices?

Clueless people, walahi.

Lastpage

3 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by femmy2010(m): 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
GEJ is doing a good job with the railway thing but the Oliver twist in My seek more thus SAI GMB.
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Nobody: 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Beautiful
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Badgers14: 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
kayciano:

My MAN. take it EASY naa.
Na small small..
After all several GOVTS were there and never thought of this.
U need to count 1 before counting 2..

You make sense. The gods have noted your comments grin but I sincerely believe that train shouldn't be our 1, Nigeria could do better.
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by onagoodday1: 8:51pm On Feb 16, 2015
SuperModerator:
No doubt, GEJ has performed greatly in the railway sector..

But it is not enough to earn my vote.

He didn't get his priorities right.

Electricity is far more important, what did he do, he sold part of it.

Refineries is far more important, but he prefers importing fuel so he can steal from the scam called subsidy

Education is far more important, instead of improving our educational sector, he built more universities; 12 substandard ones.... Quantity above quality...

#SaiBuhari2015
Insatiablesoul

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Badgers14: 8:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
IyfeNamikaze:

You could have voiced your opinion without name calling. But anyways na you get your mouth, you fit use am chop $hit. angry angry
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Fash20: 8:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
Desteenee:
Fresh Air everywhere! Yet my learned APC supporters have refused to see this.
GEJ may not have charisma, good oratory,will power to sanction corrupt persons( the last I detest), but he is blessed with among others with great vision. His policies and programmes are people oriented and not elitist like uncle Fash's.
Keep doing it GEJ, we who are with you are more than those who are against thee.
GEJ till 2023.
dis wan na din din rin oo. Them buy scrap mumu dey shout .... Till 2023

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Sall(m): 8:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
Reno you are not even ashamed of your self in this modern age despite the billions of naira this government made from oil alone you are teeeting a locomotive train shame .................Jonathan government is taking the country back to the 1940s.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Badgers14: 8:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
manutdadex:
apc fan i gess...a child cant start walkin d day he or she was given birth to....d likes of obasanjo shud rot in jail...if and only if obasanjo has done half of it...it wil av been easier to move to modern trains...u dey complain abt money? Come lagos 8 yrs train even d track never finish! Mtcheew

Nigeria could do Better than this sir, why would OBJ rot in jail when GEJ pardoned Alamaesighia and Bode George
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2015
bushdoc9919:

what railways were working? Lol... let's just keep the railway sector one side for now, we all know how he vehemently refused to approve the new rail projects since none of it will get to the north. what about the educational sector? what Did he do to improve it? or was the country also too broke for him to have impacted some changes in our education? Oya let's talk about electricity, Did he as much as do any single thing to better our electricity? NO.
what about the agriculture? Did he or Did he not completely abandon the sector and focused mainly on oil? an even as he focused on oil, Did he build any refinery to justify this? what Did buhari ever do for this country? what are his legacy? what infrastructure Did he put on ground as the head of state? he didn't even build any roads that I'm aware of, and I doubt he even renovated any.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by tundeayo2020: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
100Cents:

Maybe when GEJ fries egg for you, you will accept GEJ is working.
hahaha He is definetly getting my vote if He does that.
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
layway:
Calabar people say if u wan chop fish chop fish. If dem wan develop rail transportation, mak dem use d modern trains and rail stations no be to come d build Wetin others don upgrade from. Point is they can do better use modern stuffs and stop goin 4 d cheap and outdated ones Nigeria don grow pass dat level

have you ever traveled out, say the US? if Yes, have you ever boarded a train? if your answer is in the affirmative, then you will agree with me that most of the trains there don't even have cushion seats let alone AC. and it's been peppered with graffiti upon graffiti.
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:15pm On Feb 16, 2015
RichDad1:

Bros, you mean there are locomotive trains in the Ol US of A? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked adonbelieveit
I don't know which US you're talking about but what is obtainable in the US of A is no where comparable to the mediocrity been celebrated by GEJ and his cohorts in Nigeria. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Anything that worth doing worth doing well.

Yes there are locomotive trains in the US, plenty of them! even those ones that runs on steam sef! you just have to travel out and see for yourself! just because it's the us doesn't mean that all their trains are 29th century. it's just that they have so many of them trains, from the high speed trains to locomotives to steam to some that I don't even know whether calling it a train won't be an insult to ordinary steam trains! those ones are mostly used for transporting barrels of whatever from one place to another.

MY advice, travel out and see for yourself.
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
lastpage:
grin grin

Cheesux Christ!
How can dolts inflict amnesia on themselves?

So that Blue and White picture of just ANY TRAIN, ....taken ANYWHERE now represents GEJ's "phantom" TRAIN? shocked shocked shocked

I thought the "dead locomotives" they showed us as GEJ's trains where painted with colors of the NAtional Flag (Green and White)!

Did GEJ REPAINT the Trains (sorry, this particular one) to Blue and White? grin grin

Hmmm.... Yiibo people perishing for lack of knowledge and Hypocrisy since 1963!

I never knew such stewpidity was genetically hereditary! Alaigbo, ...lost beyond the point of No -Return!
tongue tongue

Lastpage!

BTW: See more of GEJ's TRAINS below, as they carry people from South Africa to North Korea! grin grin
phantom train? see how stupid and foolish you are?

Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by Abduletudaye(m): 9:22pm On Feb 16, 2015
[quote author=stardragon post=30793952][/quote]

Hehe..grin...so na PDP get money abi?
Re: Reno Omokri Shares Picture Of Port Hacourt-Enugu Bound Train by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
chrisbaba1:

[size=18pt]
Its very saddening..... Maybe if people were enlightened enough, they will know that we shouldn't be here..... Nigeria is a terrible country abdand the people are slaves suffering but yet don't know. I pray many of you GEJ supporters get the opportunity to visit other African countries nd western ones to fully realise how backwards we are.... pathetic![/size]

it's only people from your community that are backward!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Car Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge / Is This Benin City? / Nnamdi Okafor: I Will Rather Be A Refugee Or Die In Ukraine Than Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.