Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,929 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive (1831 Views)

12 Phrases You Wil NEVER Get Unless You Learnt How To Drive In Nigeria. / Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / Two Drivers Refuse To Give Way For For Another In Abeokuta (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 8:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
I bought a Rav4 2004 CUV last month, but am having challenges with it. My car does have hard starting and when It starts and I put it on drive or reverse, the ignition will just turn off. I don't know what could be the issue. Also when I Park on a hill, it will refuse to start. Please help me with solutions. Thanks
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
Experience4u:
I bought a Rav4 2004 CUV last month, but am having challenges with it. My car does have hard starting and when It starts and I put it on drive or reverse, the ignition will just turn off. I don't know what could be the issue. Also when I Park on a hill, it will refuse to start. Please help me with solutions. Thanks

Possibly a dirty idle speed valve, if you are in lagos contact me for diagnosis and repairs. 08023251039
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 10:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
Someone said I should change the battery that the battery they gave me is wet cell and is weak, can't carry my engine. This thing started after a week I bought the car. Am not in lagos sir
GAZZUZZ:

Possibly a dirty idle speed valve, if you are in lagos contact me for diagnosis and repairs. 08023251039
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 16, 2015
chillex8:

Someone forgot something upstairs
hahaha!!!!cheesy
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 12:12am On Feb 17, 2015
I want to believe you are mister know all, their is nothing more in teaching someone what you know rather than make a fool of yourself

shadowgwalker
post=30797820:

hahaha!!!!cheesy
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 17, 2015
Experience4u:
I want to believe you are mister know all, their is nothing more in teaching someone what you know rather than make a fool of yourself

it's funny nah!!hah! nah wah oh!why you go buy motor, as you put key the motor go use sneeze comot the key?cheesy
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 4:54pm On Feb 17, 2015
I can see you don't have a job, if not you won't come here to make jest of yourself.

shadowgwalker:
it's funny nah!!hah! nah wah oh!why you go buy motor, as you put key the motor go use sneeze comot the key?cheesy

Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
Experience4u:
I can see you don't have a job, if not you won't come here to make jest of yourself.

I am a mechanic please!!!don't just insult me.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
Mechanic without spanner

shadowgwalker:
I am a mechanic please!!!don't just insult me.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 10:32pm On Feb 17, 2015
Experience4u:
Mechanic without spanner

@ list I get screw driver for screwing grin
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 10:39pm On Feb 17, 2015
The fact that the car runs & goes off sometimes rules out battery problems.

I advice you to get the car scanned. Get & post the error codes here, then we can continue from there.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 6:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Scanned it and found out that the security installed on the car does not feed gas enough to the engine on start up and reduces power to the engine. The only code I got was p 1008 suggesting thermostart fuse issue.

0rex:
The fact that the car runs & goes off sometimes rules out battery problems.

I advice you to get the car scanned. Get & post the error codes here, then we can continue from there.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by ogawisdom(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2015
Op did u buy it as toks, 2nd hand,third hand, fourth hand or wat. D ride is having too much issues for a car bought jst last month tongue

U may ve jst taken anoda man's wahala off him
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by chillex8(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2015
Experience4u:

Fuel related issue I guess..

For your model, you won't get codes.

1. Check if you have a spark when cranking
2. If you have a spark, good. Sip in small qty of fuel into your intake.
3. Crank the car. If it starts, you have a fuel pump/filter/casing problem.
4. Unclip the fuel supply hose(directing it away from your face) and turn key on ignition on. Does fuel gush out?

These are the basics.

Now if you don't get an initial spark when you cranked, query CKP sensor.

Also, go to your fuse box and locate your injector fuse. Confirm if its ok. Check all other fuses too.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2015
Experience4u:
Scanned it and found out that the security installed on the car does not feed gas enough to the engine on start up and reduces power to the engine. The only code I got was p 1008 suggesting thermostart fuse issue.

p 1008 There's no such code for a 2004 rav4.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 18, 2015
Experience4u:

That code is invalid for a 2004 RAV4. I guess those people just gave you that code to justify collecting money from you, I might be wrong though.
Since you have identified the problem, you can call your security system installer to rectify the problem. Having an override switch for the system might also be a good idea.

May God keep protecting us & our properties.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 10:31am On Feb 18, 2015
I may have misquote the code but it was actually free and I saw it myself. Pls what do you mean by override security feature
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 18, 2015
Experience4u:
I may have misquote the code but it was actually free and I saw it myself. Pls what do you mean by override security feature
Ok.
A typical security system has an inbuilt switching device to control either your fuel pump or ignition system. With an override switch you can disable this feature manually when the security system malfunctions or whenever you want to disable the security.

The switch is usually mounted in a hidden place which should remain a secret between you & your installer alone.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2015
OK thanks, I now understand you sir, you are an asset. Am thinking of changing the security I installed, do you know of any product that is better and has remote and maybe alarm panic. Thanks
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2015
Experience4u:
OK thanks, I now understand you sir, you are an asset. Am thinking of changing the security I installed, do you know of any product that is better and has remote and maybe alarm panic. Thanks
You are welcome sir.
What is your budget & what type of security do you have in mind?
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Experience4u(m): 1:20pm On Feb 19, 2015
I can afford any security sir

0rex:

You are welcome sir.
What is your budget & what type of security do you have in mind?
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2015
Experience4u:
I can afford any security sir

I recommend you install a tracker. It should cost between 50-100k depending on the features it has.
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Lexusgs430: 2:29am On Feb 20, 2015
shadowgwalker:
@ list I get screw driver for screwing grin

And what is it you want screw?
Re: Rav4 2004 Refuse To Drive by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 20, 2015
Lexusgs430:

And what is it you want screw?
any 'object ' that requires screwing grin

nb;never call a lady an object. in the world of physics, every focused image is an object though.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Creates Awesome Off-road Sienna / How Do I Know If That Car Is Stolen? / Is Mercedes Benz C180 2002 Model Good For Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.