Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,183 members, 7,849,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:01 AM

PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader (20114 Views)

North-west House Caucus In Disarray Over Buhari / Metuh, Fayose Attend PDP Caucus Meeting / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 16, 2015
Rigrigpee? Flower!!! Rigrigpeeee? Flounder!!!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by borlarge(m): 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by obaayo2: 9:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
God bless Nigeria
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jonathan claimed he has achieved much yet he's scared of going to the poll with someone they called a dictator. Wether you like it or not, you will end up in Otuoke by june !

4 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Oceemo(m): 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
But waite pls my fellow guys and gals in naija. Na naija we d oo those things go work that day?

APC in spirit oo but as a naija I see reason in this thing oo them done test run am so.

Make that day come reach mayb in a poll station na only 3 card d machine come fit read or them go come say battry don run down make them go charge am.

Jsy saying oo na naija we day make them test that thing wella make e no fall we APC hand wey df support am abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by penzino(m): 9:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
See space Booker's abeg. Una Weldon o
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by siraj1402(m): 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2015
PDP opposing good things since 1999.The same PDP that wanted to use technology to fight corruption is afraid of using card reader. SMH for Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by StOla: 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2015
Make hay while the sun shines.

Adieu PDP!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by pring: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
PDP is finally showing Nigerians they are bad lurk and backward.
A card reader that will ensure one man, one vote is being opposed.
Must PDP rig?
GEJ remains the ground planner, FFK keeps acting script.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by menxer: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
Why is it that the PDP, the ruling party & controller of the Federal Government, is picking holes in all that INEC is doing regarding the forthcoming elections?
Is it not the PDP controlled Federal Government that mandated INEC to conduct a free, fair & credible election?
is it not the PDP controlled Federal Government through the President that said corruption will be fought using technology? Why are they against INEC's use of card reader technology in a bid to checkmate rigging at the polls?
I tire oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by adeA1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
Where wa dey all this while. May just God come to the Nigerians rescue from this gang of killers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by cynicalarry(m): 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2015
Why is the Pdp insisting on not using the card readers?

Why is the PDP not asking people to go and collect their PVC?

somebody is ready to do magomago...*Rotfl* ..... The day of reckoning is at hand.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by hedonistic: 9:38pm On Feb 16, 2015
The apprehension is valid if you ask me. The card readers are electronic devices, and knowing how hopelessly corrupt many Nigerians are, I am sure that Jega and the other top shots in INEC must have awarded the contracts to a company that would produce substandard devices in order to free up more billions for all of them to misappropriate.

If this suspicion is true, then there is a very high chance that many of the card readers may malfunction when put to the test on election day (and don't forget that thousands of the card readers will be deployed nationwide). As such, does INEC have a Plan B in case the devices malfunction on election day? We need to know this. You can't place all your hope on some substandard devices without having a backup plan.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by abokine: 9:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
This is amongst the top reasons why PDP initiated the postponement of the election in the first place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Sunky200: 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
this PDP must not forget that their presido recently said he'll use tech to fight corruption.

why are they conspiring to oppose INEC tech? what. are they afraid of?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by 1miccza: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jorussia:
Make dis election just come and go jare.No be one day dem day start something. Dem nv first use the card readers for other countries?

My brother all this noise don tire person make we do the election make person wey wan die og die jare!!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by pring: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
In advance countries, people vote with card.
Is Nigeria coursed?
Is PDP coursed?
A whole jonathan is politically gasping for air.
Running animations and catoon adverts on AIT as his achievement.
If God no punish this fool eehhh..

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Chigold101(m): 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The card readers shall surely be used. No doubt about that.
There's nothing anybody can do about it.
no one goes to battle with untested weapon. After production of every car it goes into different type of test before it will be handed to few selected drivers from different parts of the world to test drive it for about 6 months before it will be finally mass produced for the masses.

INEC should have conducted mock elections to test the device.

We know how laptops INEC brought for registration in 2011 disapointed.

INEC has good intention but poor planning.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2015
LRNZH:
ABUJA-THE Peoples Democratic Party, PDP House of Representatives caucus Monday met to strategise on how to ensure that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC jettisons the use of a card reader in the forthcoming elections.

Vanguard reliably gathered that PDP lawmakers who were invited by their leaders to design ways and means to ensure that the card reader described as an alien instrument was constitutional.

Some of the lawmakers who spoke to Vanguard under the condition of anonymity said the card reader has not been tested in any part of the country and should not be tested with a major election like that of presidential and. National Assembly elections.

They argued that its usage now may spell doom for the general elections if it finally fails at the wee hours of the election.

A top ranking member of the House told Vanguard that ”using the card reader in an important election like this is dangerous as its veracity has not been ascertained.
He explained further that ”another issue INEC must urgently look into is that of the card reader that has turned into another major source of concern”.

“This is the first time the apex electoral body is using it and for a very sensitive election like that of the presidential election and that of the National Assembly it could spell doom if it suddenly packs up”.

“If it fails what happens because it has not been tested in any part of Nigeria it would have been better if it is used to conduct a bye election not a major election like this one because it has not been properly verified”.

The meeting which was held in a major hotel in Apo axis of Abuja was well attended by PDP lawmakers.

As at the time of filing this report the meeting was still on-going.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/pdp-caucus-secret-meeting-inec-card-reader/#sthash.Iknfj6ZZ.dpuf

If they wont use card reader then GEJ should return the money spent to purchase the card reader to the government from his mass wealth. nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by ogazi007(m): 9:44pm On Feb 16, 2015
What is really wrong with these people?Do they think Nigerians are fools? Common we are the most populace black nation on planet earth,and we are always giving rooms for other smaller nations to laugh at us.for goodness sake we have been planning this election for the past 4 years how come we are changing the rules bearly 4 weeks to the general elections. This is all time low in our democratical journey,this election is losing credibility as the days goes by.i guess we have not heard the worst as every predictions people have made about these forth coming election have come to past.Gej led administration is so predictable to say the least.I am highly disappointed in the entire process!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by scobyy2007: 9:45pm On Feb 16, 2015
If we will eventually discard the use of card readers....then, there is no sense in the PVC idea!!! wasted efforts!!! I believe INEC must have tested these card readers internally somehow. they can't be that dumb no to have done that I believe

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Akinz0126(m): 9:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
Another pdp plan boasted!I said it this law breakers are the greatest headache of this Nation.Well,I don't really blame them the jackpot they are enjoying from Jonah is currently dangling so,they would do all they can to maintain the status quo of the impunity they are benefiting from pray make this party no empty 9ja pulse before they are unsit from that seats can't imagine a president of a country collecting 3millon naira per day for feading 93million naira per month while most of its citizens are living in abject poverty.PDP enough is enough oooo

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by SeverusSnape(m): 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
Chigold101:
no one goes to battle with untested weapon. After production of every car it goes into different type of test before it will be handed to few selected drivers from different parts of the world to test drive it for about 6 months before it will be finally mass produced for the masses.

INEC should have conducted mock elections to test the device.

We know how laptops INEC brought for registration in 2011 disapointed.

INEC has good intention but poor planning.
You have a point. I actually didn't give that a thought.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by ayukdaboss(m): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2015
So much for the so-called "technology driven" party.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Jorussia(m): 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
1miccza:

My brother all this noise don tire person make we do the election make person wey wan die og die jare!!!!
Nor be Small thing o,Na all this unnecessary tensions we forsee na im make some of us here come dey insist say make JEGA nor postpone the election.If PDP nor get sinister motive,INEC done display the card reader for television. Wen i watch the rec when dey Edo they display the thing for ITV,that thing nor dey take up to 30secs to take verify. My country just dey fall my hand,common card reader na him just dey generate all these noises wen countries don dey do E-VOTING.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by pmc01(m): 9:56pm On Feb 16, 2015
We can apply the logic of this argument against the card reader to the 'technology' GEJ is fighting corruption with.

It seems it is now obvious why it hasn't been as effective as it should be. It wasn't tested in fighting stealing (lesser crime) before attempting to use it in fighting against corruption (bigger crime).

grin

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Jorussia(m): 9:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
1miccza:

I just tire,common card readers na him just dey generate this uproar, wen countries don dey do E-VOTING for several years now.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Bolade005: 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
What is the big deal about the card reader that these people won't just shut up. Those who went for the INEC training will agree with me that there is nothing complicated about the card reader atall, anybody that owns a smartphone will successfully operate it, it's really no big deal. These guys are scared of losing and it's obvious they are against the use of the card reader X because it will be practically difficult to rig the election with the use of the card reader.

Ebele is going and the earlier he realises this, the better for him. Change is the only thing we yearn for, not some yeye transformation.

SaiBuhari.
Vote GMB / PYO 2015.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by CyberWolf: 9:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
Everytime card reader this, card reader that...is it not a human being that is gonna program the card reader? Is the verification system not going run through a computer network?..I just laugh at you people cheesy
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by ollyruffy: 9:59pm On Feb 16, 2015
These mumus think we nigerians are stupid. See the stupid reasons they give for INEC to stop using card readers.

Bunch of criminals, they are looking for easy ways of rigging.

#PDPANDGEJMUSTGO2015#.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by otemanuduno: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2015
[size=14pt]
Gradually gradually, the shallow twist in the predictable nollywood film is unfolding. Let me predict few things now so that when they come to pass, you guys can quote me:

As the election draws very close, say four to five days close, or even a day to the election, bomb blasts shall rock diverse places in naija and boda Jonah will call for the indefinite postponement of the election. APC shall not take it lightly. Sahara reporters shall reveal to the whole world that the bomb blasts were all instigated by the PDP, but some Nigerian fools will not believe him. PDP will push it on Buhari, saying that he is responsible.

30% of Nigerians are foolish(GEJ supporters)[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by bola4dprec(m): 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
Let cite jamb biometric as a case study Nigeria have good foundation right from time but no conclusion strategies. I commend Mr. President for this innovative but koni last that is our problem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough / EFCC: Fayose Got Contracts Kickback To Buy Mansions / Thugs Have Invaded Our Obingwa Local Government Office In Abia State - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.