Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,212 members, 7,839,121 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader (20106 Views)

North-west House Caucus In Disarray Over Buhari / Metuh, Fayose Attend PDP Caucus Meeting / Udoedehe: Akpabio Gave Us N3m “transport Money” Each After PDP Caucus Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by sheymoni(m): 10:07pm On Feb 16, 2015
Why is it that anything that will not give room for rigging is always opposed by PDP.....shame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by osothermal(m): 10:10pm On Feb 16, 2015
LRNZH:
ABUJA-THE Peoples Democratic Party, PDP House of Representatives caucus Monday met to strategise on how to ensure that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC jettisons the use of a card reader in the forthcoming elections.

Vanguard reliably gathered that PDP lawmakers who were invited by their leaders to design ways and means to ensure that the card reader described as an alien instrument was constitutional.

Some of the lawmakers who spoke to Vanguard under the condition of anonymity said the card reader has not been tested in any part of the country and should not be tested with a major election like that of presidential and. National Assembly elections.

They argued that its usage now may spell doom for the general elections if it finally fails at the wee hours of the election.

A top ranking member of the House told Vanguard that ”using the card reader in an important election like this is dangerous as its veracity has not been ascertained.
He explained further that ”another issue INEC must urgently look into is that of the card reader that has turned into another major source of concern”.

“This is the first time the apex electoral body is using it and for a very sensitive election like that of the presidential election and that of the National Assembly it could spell doom if it suddenly packs up”.

“If it fails what happens because it has not been tested in any part of Nigeria it would have been better if it is used to conduct a bye election not a major election like this one because it has not been properly verified”.

The meeting which was held in a major hotel in Apo axis of Abuja was well attended by PDP lawmakers.

As at the time of filing this report the meeting was still on-going.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/pdp-caucus-secret-meeting-inec-card-reader/#sthash.Iknfj6ZZ.dpuf
They are afraid I have been trained on how to use the card reader trust me its going to be difficult to rig the election using it so those PVCs they are buying will not help them

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by omenka(m): 10:11pm On Feb 16, 2015
When Sahara Reporters broke the news about a plot to rally HOR members and senators to scuttle the use of Card Readers in the forth coming elections, Jonathanians called them all manner of unprintable names. Now the plot is assuming a life of its own, confirmed by another reputable news medium, and becoming clearer by the day PDP would do anything to compromise the electoral body and ensure elections don't proceed in a free and fair fashion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Toktee(m): 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The card readers shall surely be used. No doubt about that.
There's nothing anybody can do about it.
hahahaha,these indians really worked on your brain,this is the first time in recent times that you say something reasonable.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Eddieactor: 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
People should stop making unnecessary noice around, APC with his stooges should be careful not to die b4 d real death will arrive. No mater what, we're returning GEJ, only and only by our votes.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by ybalogs(m): 10:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Is anyone watching Yemi Osinbajo unveil the
APC Road map to a greater Nigeria, to the
youth at the APC Town Hall Meeting in Enugu
been aired on AIT?
Tune in NOW!!!!
That's my Vice President speaking! Very
confident, eloquent, articulate, cerebral orator.
Oops I forgot the fact that he is not just a
Teacher and a Lawyer, but a member of the
inner bar, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN)
and also a Professor of law!
Vote APC!
Vote Buhari/Osinbajo 2015.
Nigeria shall be great again!!!!

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by SeverusSnape(m): 10:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
Toktee:
hahahaha,these indians really worked on your brain,this is the first time in recent times that you say something reasonable.
Shut up!
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by midolian(m): 10:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
The card readers shall surely be used. No doubt about that.
There's nothing anybody can do about it.
yeyeboy..this is my first time of liking your comment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by SeverusSnape(m): 10:17pm On Feb 16, 2015
midolian:
yeyeboy..this is my first time of liking your comment
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Thanks for the like, I'm looking forward to more. grin
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by 1miccza: 10:18pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jorussia:
Make dis election just come and go jare.No be one day dem day start something. Dem nv first use the card readers for other countries?

My brother all this noise don tire person make we do the election make person wey wan die og die jare!!
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by 1miccza: 10:23pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jorussia:
I just tire,common card readers na him just dey generate this uproar, wen countries don dey do E-VOTING for several years now.

You know say we like noise for this country
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by midolian(m): 10:24pm On Feb 16, 2015
Keneking:
This government sef...

Its so bad that I have blacklisted NTA and AIT from my screen. In fact whenever anyone from PDP or from that rock in Abuja is speaking I quickly turn off. I am tired of everything about the ruling class in Abuja.

I have made up my mind and there is no going back.
iTs the same here
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Sajio(m): 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
I think there's sense in what they are saying.. if the marching crashes, what will be of the election? INEC would have used it in the resent Governorship election so as to test run it.. let's be Factual for once!!
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by 1miccza: 10:25pm On Feb 16, 2015
Jorussia:
Nor be Small thing o,Na all this unnecessary tensions we forsee na im make some of us here come dey insist say make JEGA nor postpone the election.If PDP nor get sinister motive,INEC done display the card reader for television. Wen i watch the rec when dey Edo they display the thing for ITV,that thing nor dey take up to 30secs to take verify. My country just dey fall my hand,common card reader na him just dey generate all these noises wen countries don dey do E-VOTING.

I just believe say the postponement na to calm tensions make violence no dey na wetin i believe oo
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by johntolu: 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2015
[/color][color=#006600]
hedonistic:
The apprehension is valid if you ask me. The card readers are electronic devices, and knowing how hopelessly corrupt many Nigerians are, I am sure that Jega and the other top shots in INEC must have awarded the contracts to a company that would produce substandard devices in order to free up more billions for all of them to misappropriate.

If this suspicion is true, then there is a very high chance that many of the card readers may malfunction when put to the test on election day (and don't forget that thousands of the card readers will be deployed nationwide). As such, does INEC have a Plan B in case the devices malfunction on election day? We need to know this. You can't place all your hope on some substandard devices without having a backup plan.
[color=#006600][/color]

It is amazing the way the ruling party has been trying desperately to truncate the elections weeks to the election date.
I believe whatever concern the party has with the process should have been mentioned and addressed before now. The smart move I think the party can make now, if actually they have genuine concerns, is for the party to facilitate the invitatation of the INEC chairman, to a national TV stations and or, the National Assembly, to come and do a public presentation, on how the card reader works. The PDP can then use the opportunity of a public presentation, to showcase whatever shortcoming/danger they believe using the card reader, portends to the election.
I believe the party will have the support and understanding of most Nigerians, if they can use the opportunity of a public presentation, by INEC, to fault the 'claims' of INEC about the efficacy of the card reader.
I believe that what the nation is going through presently, is part of the learning process in a democracy, and there should not be any attempt by 'undemocratic elements' to truncate the process. The United States, with its many years of democratic practice, went through the same learning process, with the 'stolen Presidency' of 2000, which was won by President Bush Jr. and they came out of it stronger. God Bless Nigeria & Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by midolian(m): 10:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Hehehehehehehehehehe hehehehehehehehehehe cheesy
Thanks for the like, I'm looking forward to more. grin
lool..

I pray o! This ur PDP blood ehn
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Jorussia(m): 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2015
1miccza:

You know say we like noise for this country
I nor think so o,na our politicians like to make noise. The only thing, i hate about Nigerians, be say,when election period reach,dem go just Bleep up.Imagine say FAWEHINMIN contest election for this country, and people nor vote am?

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by experimentist: 10:36pm On Feb 16, 2015
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of confusion for PDP thugs and apes
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by experimentist: 10:39pm On Feb 16, 2015
jaymichael:
What wont the PDP fear? they fear GMB,they fear elections, they fear jail, they fear PVC, now they fear CARD READER. Berem, what is the issue between Barcanistar and Gbawe? Both are intelligent members that I respect and enjoy their opinions on this forum. I also don't see Obiageli as frequently as she used to be?
information reaching me from a very reliable source is tha Barcanista was paid a large sum amount of money to begin licking GEJ yansh..
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jaymichael(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2015
experimentist:
information reaching me from a very reliable source is tha Barcanista was paid a large sum amount of money to begin licking GEJ yansh..
Good for him

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jorlons(m): 10:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Oceemo:
But waite pls my fellow guys and gals in naija. Na naija we d oo those things go work that day?

APC in spirit oo but as a naija I see reason in this thing oo them done test run am so.

Make that day come reach mayb in a poll station na only 3 card d machine come fit read or them go come say battry don run down make them go charge am.

Jsy saying oo na naija we day make them test that thing wella make e no fall we APC hand wey df support am abeg.

My brother nobody is feeling the heat of the elections more than INEC. I don't believe INEC used any other device in training their staffs so if they had concerns or reason to drop the use of the card they would've said so.

An electronic card reader is least likely to be faulty when its primary function is to scan and check for the authenticity of the card and the voter by reading some barcodes.

Moreso, INEC would not be so stupid to provide just one card reader to each polling unit. Again PDP should relax and leave jega alone to do his job.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by rusher14: 10:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
experimentist:
I don't want to believe that's possible though with many Nigerians you never can tell.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Intendy: 10:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Why fear something that will make the election more credible if you don't have sinister motives
FG under pdp might not allow INEC to hold election.or they mastermind JEGAS' killing
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jorlons(m): 10:58pm On Feb 16, 2015
Chigold101:
no one goes to battle with untested weapon. After production of every car it goes into different type of test before it will be handed to few selected drivers from different parts of the world to test drive it for about 6 months before it will be finally mass produced for the masses.

INEC should have conducted mock elections to test the device.

We know how laptops INEC brought for registration in 2011 disapointed.

INEC has good intention but poor planning.

I don't see d need for mock elections they can do that with d cards yet to be collected. They're pretty confident about it the least we can do is give them the benefit of the doubt and support them. Is PDP requesting that INEC makes public all their plans just to satisfy them that they're prepared??

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by jimmayoy: 11:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
First it was low collection of pvc,then insurgency,later it became pvc (people should be allowed to use tvc so that they can rig),they later said jega had meeting with apc in dubai,another story was that minors were registered,now its card reader.
Somebody knows he cannot win a free and fair election so they re doing everything possible to scuttle the election process.
My poll forecast:GMB 80% OF TOTAL VOTE.GEJ 27 % OF TOTAL VOTE CASTED.
By the power vested on me as the ,i hereby declare GMB as the winner of the 2015 presidential election.
My people pls click like for GMB and share for GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
The PDP is planning to rig the election. I got τ̅☺ know when some PDP members in my street, Olatunji street Ilaje Bariga were collecting people's PVCs with the promise τ̅☺ give them money. One of the PDP agent, a woman, Wå§ embarrassed by people she collected PVC from when she returned the cards aπϑ did not fulfil her promised monetary reward. Another PDP agent, we call him Brother Tunde, is also collecting people's PVCs in the same street. People he collected PVC from A̶̲̥̅яε looking for him τ̅☺ return their cards since more than a week now. I don't know what they want τ̅☺ use the cards for. But recent plot by the PDP τ̅☺ block the use of card readers during the elections solved the puzzle for me.

I swear τ̅☺ what I just posted above. its happening in the slums in Lagos because they know that the people in the rural areas A̶̲̥̅яε gullible aπϑ easy τ̅☺ manipulate. The APC should raise alarm on this evil act before it boomerang

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
We need to start agitating to have APC to install a parallel government immediately pending the conduction of free and fair elections.

We can't allow rigging or attempt to rig.

It is also very clear the postponement, replacement of INEC represents rigging.
There's no justification to delay installation of the parallel government any longer.

LRNZH:
ABUJA-THE Peoples Democratic Party, PDP House of Representatives caucus Monday met to strategise on how to ensure that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC jettisons the use of a card reader in the forthcoming elections.

Vanguard reliably gathered that PDP lawmakers who were invited by their leaders to design ways and means to ensure that the card reader described as an alien instrument was constitutional.

Some of the lawmakers who spoke to Vanguard under the condition of anonymity said the card reader has not been tested in any part of the country and should not be tested with a major election like that of presidential and. National Assembly elections.

They argued that its usage now may spell doom for the general elections if it finally fails at the wee hours of the election.

A top ranking member of the House told Vanguard that ”using the card reader in an important election like this is dangerous as its veracity has not been ascertained.
He explained further that ”another issue INEC must urgently look into is that of the card reader that has turned into another major source of concern”.

“This is the first time the apex electoral body is using it and for a very sensitive election like that of the presidential election and that of the National Assembly it could spell doom if it suddenly packs up”.

“If it fails what happens because it has not been tested in any part of Nigeria it would have been better if it is used to conduct a bye election not a major election like this one because it has not been properly verified”.

The meeting which was held in a major hotel in Apo axis of Abuja was well attended by PDP lawmakers.

As at the time of filing this report the meeting was still on-going.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/pdp-caucus-secret-meeting-inec-card-reader/#sthash.Iknfj6ZZ.dpuf
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by sunsplash99(m): 11:31pm On Feb 16, 2015
berem:
the fear of card readers is the beginning of fear of losing elections by PDP.

I dey laugh!
I join u laugh oooo
PDP that what to fight corruption technologically doesn't want the use of card reader that's a product of technology.

Sai baba

Sai Buhari

march4buhari.

1 Like

Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by adonis89(m): 11:32pm On Feb 16, 2015
They should oppose it abeg. Obj and yaradua contested without card readers. Bkos Gej is ruling, it's now they want to use card readers, it's now they want to do one man, one vote. God punish devil. Wat is good for d goose, it's good for d gander.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Chigold101(m): 11:34pm On Feb 16, 2015
jorlons:

I don't see d need for mock elections they can do that with d cards yet to be collected. They're pretty confident about it the least we can do is give them the benefit of the doubt and support them. Is PDP requesting that INEC makes public all their plans just to satisfy them that they're prepared??
there is no place in the world where manufacturer & inventors carry what they manufactured to consumers without many people testing it; this is my point.

I gave example of INEC registration computer, i dont know if u were part of that process in 2011, if you were, u would understand what i am saying.

INEC is always confident. It is natural for every human to do that. This is also how confident they were in 2011 and they ended up shifting election on election day for 2weeks, while people have stood under the sun from morning till 4pm.

As i wrote in my first comment, INEC has good intention but their planners do not expand their thinking.
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 16, 2015
Choi! Nairabet una don blesssssssssssssssssS me scatter. Let the money keep pumping in and out. No time

Hope u guys also got paid today? Because I just won as usual. If u no win no worry just contact me make I show u the link on how to predict and win without much stress

Call/whatsapp: 08039710459
pin:21CB6207

Serious hustlers only.

Or visit the link on my signature
Re: PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader by dayo23(f): 11:52pm On Feb 16, 2015
LRNZH:
This plan has failed even before the evil meeting started.
From another mainstream media house, we get evidence of GEJ/PDP desperation.

Let us expose these riggers abeg.
every PDP evil agenda shall fail By God grace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Assassination Attempt: Police Arrest Seven Suspects / Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Endorse Tinubu/Shettima / Anti-Party: Nigeria Politics Looks Like Salad & Mayonnaise - Shehu Sani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.